As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I like how at the end of that clip, rather than shielding, he just goes for the shatter

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Reinforce playing DPS is always good times.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    bad news friends

i’ve been playing and enjoying a lot of brigitte, i’m sorry

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    They've been running a bunch of EU pro pugs on the new PTR patch and the biggest takeaway so far seems to be that Asking should probably be playing in OWL already

By increasing degree of ridiculousness:
    https://www.twitch.tv/gosupeak/clip/BlushingFlirtyPeanutMikeHogu
    https://www.twitch.tv/legdaygaming/clip/OpenEagerPancakeTriHard
    https://www.twitch.tv/legdaygaming/clip/KnottyBitterTildeChefFrank
    https://www.twitch.tv/asking_ow/clip/CallousFreezingHippoWOOP
    https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabAffluentSageBloodTrail

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah, Valiant did him real fuckin dirty

pugs just now:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveColdChimpanzeeKippa

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    also last night i got to bear witness to this beautiful potg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqooXj5n2uM

me and guru were the only ones left on point as their team was coming in, i was trying to stall as best i could and preparing to go down swinging and our rein just comes in and hits the fattest shatter

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Best part of that (other than the actual best) is McCree stunning him well after it was clear they were both already dead, and him technically getting credit for the kill.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Kana wrote: »
    Sideshow has made a terrible mistake

https://clips.twitch.tv/EvilNastyJayItsBoshyTime

He only had like 900 subs so he felt pretty safe, but he's already gained like 200 and he's like oooooh noooooooo

there's a gifted subs train going on in his stream right now, he's like another 100 closer to being a zero eyebrow andy

edit: and he is losing his mind over it

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Sideshow's been doing a mini-tournament of teams made up of OWL talent twitch subs and I think he would be much more effective if he stopped trying to shoot opposing Pharahs.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    been watching some Open Division games- if y'all remember RichRad, who had a clip that went viral a while back of him casting a game over voicechat as he was playing in it, he's casting these games now which is so cool to see

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    For those who don't know, ChipSa is a toxic Doomfist one-trick. It's a baffling decision.

Edit: Actually, I guess that video mostly covers it. They just forgot to include most of the toxicity.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

No joke, I kinda love how chat lost it's mind when he pushed the date back to 2020.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    For those who don't know, ChipSa is a toxic Doomfist one-trick. It's a baffling decision.

Edit: Actually, I guess that video mostly covers it. They just forgot to include most of the toxicity.

I was gonna say, just from that video he seems like a complete asshole

• Options
    That is

an interesting decision by the Fusion.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Ugh chipsa is suuuch a toxic asshole, he's only really good on Doom, and even then he's only really good in the chaos of ladder. For a team already suffering from underperforming DPS, this is an absolutely baffling move.

• Options
    I have to assume the Fusion is looking for a face for the franchise. Why that face though

• Options
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    1. It's Philly so duh.
    2. I want to see VAN fall apart now with their new dramallama.

• Options
    Starting a timer till Fissure throws a fit and benches himself/"retires" again. He'll be fine as long as a) he starts every game and b) the Titans keep winning. Take either of those away and watch him blow it all up again.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Something I didn't realize: ChipSa's brother is one of Philly's coaches.

Edit: Hopefully that isn't why he's on the team, but it's a bad look for Philly.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    wghi2sd3j3141.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Going in the other direction, Bumper is no longer with Vancouver.

This leaves Fissure as the only main tank on Vancouver so let's take odds on how long until Vancouver no longer has a main tank.

Baidol on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

This leaves Fissure as the only main tank on Vancouver so let's take odds on how long until Vancouver no longer has a main tank.

8 weeks

• Options
    The Glads would Gladly take Bumper.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I have to assume the Fusion is looking for a face for the franchise. Why that face though

that's Philly sports, baby

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »
    Hmm, Bumper is probably better than OGE, but their tank lineup is pretty solid atm. I'd love to see him there if the price wasn't too high, but there's always been a question how good he'd be on a team that doesn't dump 100% of their resources into him.

• Options

I really don't get Vancouver's moves here

Their whole strat was picking up an intact, successful team that had won tournaments and had thrived in multiple metas. Bumper's playstyle may be unorthodox but all of his teammates had years of experience with him.

Picking up ryujehong and Fissure are both upgrades on paper, but the potential downsides are so high...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

Their whole strat was picking up an intact, successful team that had won tournaments and had thrived in multiple metas. Bumper's playstyle may be unorthodox but all of his teammates had years of experience with him.

Picking up ryujehong and Fissure are both upgrades on paper, but the potential downsides are so high...

Seems like the typical NFL/NBA draft day issues: Owners think that they can just buy their way to the top with money and star power. *cough*Lakers*cough*.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, this tweet is making the rounds:

• Options
    What should I be taking from that tweet?

• Options
    Fahzix also announced his retirement from both pro overwatch and streaming (:<) in order to go back to school and focus on the collegiate scene

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

I don't see how Ryujehong is an upgrade over Twilight, who was arguably the best flex support of season 2. Also, Fissure's good, but seems unreliable.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    These Titans trades are awful.

Speaking of awful decisions, the D.Va statue is 25% off, plus I had a 10% off code...

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Einzel wrote: »
    Hmm, Bumper is probably better than OGE, but their tank lineup is pretty solid atm. I'd love to see him there if the price wasn't too high, but there's always been a question how good he'd be on a team that doesn't dump 100% of their resources into him.

But, iirc, OGE is a chud.

This discussion has been closed.