As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    get hype for this playoffs weekend

s'gon be good

OWL Stage 3 playoffs will be the most competitive to date
    Unless the Houston Outlaws and the Shanghai Dragons manage an upset, the semi-finals and finals all appear to be virtual coin flips. The entire extended weekend promises to deliver concentrated top tier Overwatch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieQVeUMtZpQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN8omYVb0Ho

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    developer update summary

summer games sooner
    weekly challenges to unlock skins throughout
    new hero (male) release later than usual
    cheaters penalized heavily and games ended with no sr penalty (ptr)

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    sAyfRbE.jpg

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Well that went about as expected.

Here's a little thing I noticed on Eichenwalde that I thought was neat. Linkzr gets Primal'd off the bridge, but right clicks on the way down to deny ult charge.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    youngjin is extremely fucking good at playing the doom guy

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Well that went about as expected.

Here's a little thing I noticed on Eichenwalde that I thought was neat. Linkzr gets Primal'd off the bridge, but right clicks on the way down to deny ult charge.

There's also a little game when trying to stagger someone where whoever is doing the staggering will try to melee the other person as they fall off the edge to get credit for an environmental kill (melee does a tiny amount of knockback) and the other person will try to jump afterwards to shed the knockback status to make it a suicide and deny the charge.

• Options
    dding is also extremely fucking good at this video game

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    dding is also extremely fucking good at this video game

I love watching Dding Pharah.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Hmm, so quarters... I could actually see the Dragons pulling out a surprise upset. Probably a bad pick, but oh well.
    Definitely Valiant over Spark.
    Definitely Shock over Dynasty.
    And Titans over Outlaws. Outlaws upset Titans previously, but I don't see it happening again.

That would mean Titans vs Dragons in semis (Titans)
    and Shock vs Valiant (Valiant)

Batting 1.000 so far!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    @Kana my power flickered and then my computer wouldn't boot up so that's why I disconnected.

Also Valiant upset Titans, not Outlaws.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    2ohmgwuh.jpg

Coinage on
  • Options
    Soe is dressed like she's in Hunger Games

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Why does Shock refuse to run DPS comps? I don't understand. They have the talent.

• Options
    fleta: still meta

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Why does Shock refuse to run DPS comps? I don't understand. They have the talent.

yeah I dunno either. and I tell ya, if stage 4 does go 2-2-2 they're gonna have to make a hell of an adjustment

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Soe is dressed like she's in Hunger Games

Soe can dress however she wants.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
  • Options
    i didn't catch at the time that he did that with under 100 health, what a god

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    What a bizarrely pointless throw from Valiant

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

yeah I dunno either. and I tell ya, if stage 4 does go 2-2-2 they're gonna have to make a hell of an adjustment

It's actually kind of weirdly frustrating that they have the lineup for DPS comps and dont play them, but also, in spite of every other team throwing out DPS comps, they can force goats and *still win*

Though, I guess it's more that they're so good at goats that when it's clearly the time/point to play goats they absolutely steamroll, but they struggle at basically any other time

(I'm still rooting for them though)

• Options
    i didn't catch at the time that he did that with under 100 health, what a god

The casters didn't even mention how ballsy that was.

• Options
    The games tomorrow start at 10pm EST, what the hell

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Woah, what the heck? That's crazy late. I thought they'd stick to their normal time of noon/early afternoon... I wonder if it's for ABC/television reasons?

• Options
    Woah, what the heck? That's crazy late. I thought they'd stick to their normal time of noon/early afternoon... I wonder if it's for ABC/television reasons?
    Both games are on XD so I guess so. Sucks to be shock/valiant for the finals though

• Options
    It can't be Shock/Valiant for the final. They face each other in the semifinals. And I'm not sure why that would suck, anyway.

• Options
    It can't be Shock/Valiant for the final. They face each other in the semifinals. And I'm not sure why that would suck, anyway.
    What I meant is that the final starts only 11 hours after the Shock/Valiant game ends.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    What I meant is that the final starts only 11 hours after the Shock/Valiant game ends.

Oh. That makes way more sense than the way I read it.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    edit: nvm

in other news they're doing another 'skins in the game' challenge next week where you if you play and win while using OWL skins it generates points for the respective team and whoever is at the top of the leaderboard wins uh, internet clout??????

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    a0l4p7bryn4x.jpg
    89c0cn2zhs5t.jpg
    I have no idea what I was doing

• Options
    edited July 2019
    As much as I would like a Dragons Valiant final I'm calling it 4-1 Titans, unfortunately. I don't see Shock beating Valiant, though, unless Shax somehow only has Atlantic EMPs.

Coinage on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah Shock looked really shaky in the quarters and Valiant is shit-hot

I was doubtful of Valiant making it to the finals before playoffs started, but now I'd be surprised if they didn't. I reaaally hope they make it, and I reaaally hope they win

• Options
    My hope is we get 4 stage champions in one season.

• Options
    This is elder abuse

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Still traveling, but attended the matches last night.

TTrPZqc.jpg?1

The lights in the room change when Overtime occurs.

https://youtu.be/-NY2rdTrvIo

The desk preparing themselves.

FAGpu3c.jpg?1

I also won this in a raffle. It is signed by the Shock.

OVnQOM8.jpg?1

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Slambulance sighting!

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Haksal statistically the best DVa in the league

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I am loving how about 90% of Gamsu's mines are being used just to drop them on slept people.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I am loving how about 90% of Gamsu's mines are being used just to drop them on slept people.

Also twice in a row at the end of their offense he dropped them right before bumper comes charging straight through on rein.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.