As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I know that Florida has been doing well this season but I didn't really expect the match to go this way, not gonna lie. It's exciting!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Fusion investing the Comcast dollars wisely
    xj1z6g1kzk051.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=7a2cedd4856d7bbf8b77515dc034932a9c6653fb

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    there's been a bit of something for everyone today

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Funnyastro has been not having a fun time this map.

For anyone that missed it (first point of map 1 of Gladiators/Fusion):
    Got booped off the map twice by Biggoose's Lucio, once by Space's DVa, and once by Mirror's Meteor Strike

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    WHAT WAS THAT FIGHT?!?!?!?!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    WHAT WAS THAT FIGHT?!?!?!?!

literally unbelievable

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PHL/LAG
    Shaz is going to be seeing Carpe ghosts for a while

• Options
    PAR/VAL
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT Valiant played a mad series, this is gonna be a fantastic match tomorrow

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    PAR/VAL
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT Valiant played a mad series, this is gonna be a fantastic match tomorrow
    I hope so, but I have a sinking feeling that Shock are gonna clown all over Valiant. The Valiant tank line is...not amazing, and if Shock is good at anything, it's exploiting enemy weaknesses and mismatches. I really hope it's a close game, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Now PHI/FLA on the other hand, has the potential to be an absolute banger. Philly is still the favorite I think, but if Yaki can show up again like he did today, it's gonna be entertaining if nothing else.

• Options
    PAR/VAL
    I hope so, but I have a sinking feeling that Shock are gonna clown all over Valiant. The Valiant tank line is...not amazing, and if Shock is good at anything, it's exploiting enemy weaknesses and mismatches. I really hope it's a close game, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Now PHI/FLA on the other hand, has the potential to be an absolute banger. Philly is still the favorite I think, but if Yaki can show up again like he did today, it's gonna be entertaining if nothing else.
    Yeah... I mean if they can beat Paris then I think there's at least a chance, but the one time they beat Shock was by all counts a fluke due to a bad meta read - now that it's no hero pool I think their chances go down a fair bit.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Stolen from reddit in case anybody needs it:

Summer Games (Lucioball) - May 19, May 27, June 4

Halloween Terror (Junkenstein's Revenge/endless) - May 20, May 28, June 5

Winter Wonderland (Snowball Deathmatch, Mei's Snowball Offensive,Yeti Hunter) - May 21, May 29, June 6

Lunar New Year (Capture the Flag Blitz) - May 22, May 30, June 7

Uprising (Uprising Story /All Heroes) - May 23, May 31, June 8

Retribution (Retribution Story/All Heroes) - May 24, June 1, June 9

Storm Rising (Storm Rising Story/All Heroes) May 25, June 2

Archives Challenge Missions ( Uprising Molten Cores/ Glass Cannon, Retribution Surgival Strike/Close Quarters , Storm Rising Blood Moon Rising/Storm Raging) - May 26 , June 3

• Options
    PAR/VAL

Yeah... I mean if they can beat Paris then I think there's at least a chance, but the one time they beat Shock was by all counts a fluke due to a bad meta read - now that it's no hero pool I think their chances go down a fair bit.
    Paris is definitely no Shock, but I can imagine a scenario where Valiant takes it. It's just going to take Valiant playing at their best (they'll have to do better than what they did against Paris, for example). They'll also have to hope Shock drops the ball a few times, because Shock doing just okay is still better than a good chunk of the league at their best.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the sun is up and i'm all in on these APAC games

might need to pound an energy drink before the finals

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    NYXL/SHD
    This is sure looking one sided! Says a lot about how good SHD are looking this season IMO.

As an aside, I think late night Bren/Sideshow are my favorite casting duo.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Why is it impossible for Tempo to say Gladiators? It's so grating.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Asia Finals:
    Feels like Seoul should just play dive vs dive. They've looked really sharp in the mirror matches, but instead they're trying to play an anti-dive thing and it's just not working

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    NA finals
    Florida with the upset over Fusion!!

I'm hoping this will be as good as the APAC finals, but it's still incredibly awesome to see Florida improved so much.

• Options
    NA finals
    Florida with the upset over Fusion!!

I'm hoping this will be as good as the APAC finals, but it's still incredibly awesome to see Florida improved so much.
    It went about how I expected, but I'm glad Florida was at least able to take a couple of maps. Very excited to see how they shape up for the rest of the season.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yes this is the content I want

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The guy who shaved his eyebrows for a different bet is betting his dignity?

• Options
    Yeah it's a pretty good deal for Sideshow

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Was sideshow the one who did the widow 1v1 in the all star weekend last year?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No, that was partner-in-crime Brennon "Bren" Hook.

• Options
    Brennon "Bridowmaker" Hook

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Also sometimes known as Brenji.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, i remember Bridowmaker now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    aww man, I hopped on a little earlier to see what the daily event was, it was the six different Archive events with a free box for each one. i figured it had already switched for the day so i hopped off to get food, by the time i got back on it had switched to lucioball

i assume it'll come back around again, but i really wanted those 6 boxes :(

(unless they're non-event boxes, in which case whateva)

• Options
    aww man, I hopped on a little earlier to see what the daily event was, it was the six different Archive events with a free box for each one. i figured it had already switched for the day so i hopped off to get food, by the time i got back on it had switched to lucioball

Fuuuuucccckkkk yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I wish I could tell you but I was unable to finish one!

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

Fuuuuucccckkkk yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Ugh I'm still catching up on weekend Overwatch League. There are so many matches!

• Options
    lucioball is fine, but i get bored of it pretty quick. no extra loot box and i've already got the few achievements that come with it, so i'd rather just play mystery heroes or qp classic

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular

They're event boxes, but for some reason those challenges are actually hard. I tried them all a few times and only beat the Storm Rising one where everyone has life-steal. All of the Kings Row ones were really easy until the door blew and then we got completely destroyed every time.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Ashcroft wrote: »

They're event boxes, but for some reason those challenges are actually hard. I tried them all a few times and only beat the Storm Rising one where everyone has life-steal. All of the Kings Row ones were really easy until the door blew and then we got completely destroyed every time.

My advice for the last phase of Uprising is to take it slow and use cover. As soon as you get in, use that door as cover and kill the first Orisa, then go in and take an immediate right into the side hall. Use that small wall to peek the Bastion (Baptiste is great here if you have him). Then work down that hall to the corner where the pit is in the normal game. Fight that Orisa then use the corner to peek the Bastion in the window. Cross over to the left side hall and use the last corner to peek the back left Bastion then take the last two Orisa's one at a time. If tank Bastion's spawn just back up and be ready with cooldowns to protect yourselves.

SirToasty on
This discussion has been closed.