As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the pod comes for us all in the end [jobs]

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    So, i don't really like my job much

But yesterday i got to draft up a legal letter talking about how gentle and friendly this dog was and I got to write "Please find annexed a photo of [the dog]."

It was also billable.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    The good news: My training request was approved! Hooray, paid-for learning!

The bad news: They chose the US vendor over the UK vendor, and I'll be in online classes from 10:30PM to 6:30AMJST! Boo, I'm going to be tired and struggle to absorb any of the information!

godmode on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Today I'm going to go and learn about flowers because that's the kind of information cool important people need to know. And it's finally stopped raining and is all sunny. Thank Woden.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    The good news: My training request was approved! Hooray, paid-for learning!

The bad news: They chose the US vendor over the UK vendor, and I'll be in online classes from 10:30PM to 6:30AMJST! Boo, I'm going to be tired and struggle to absorb any of the information!

A colleague accidentally booked himself onto an online course with a live classroom element in a west coast timezone when we are in the UK.

To make it worse he'd just moved house so didn't have internet access at home. He sat alone in the office at night doing his course

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    They've enforced a clock in and out tool at our company...it's kinda weird for salaried folk...apparently to track for OT but seems like BS.

Whenever you clock in or out it tries to capture the location from the device you are doing it from

In the EU the European Court of Justice just recently ruled that employers must track working time of all employees to comply with labour laws. It's currently causing some debates.
    https://dw.com/en/ecj-eu-employers-must-track-working-time-in-detail/a-48734055

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Dixon wrote: »
    They've enforced a clock in and out tool at our company...it's kinda weird for salaried folk...apparently to track for OT but seems like BS.

Whenever you clock in or out it tries to capture the location from the device you are doing it from

In the EU the European Court of Justice just recently ruled that employers must track working time of all employees to comply with labour laws. It's currently causing some debates.
    https://dw.com/en/ecj-eu-employers-must-track-working-time-in-detail/a-48734055

can teachers 'clock in' when they're replying to a frantic student request for feedback at 10pm, or marking a stack of papers on saturday morning?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Anyone have recommendations for online courses relating to hydraulics? My background is electrical work and I am tired of getting the run around by mechanical types.

Check out the library to see if they have a udemy or Lynda partnership. Usually find the content on Lynda to be quite good.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Got pulled aside yesterday and told there is a small bonus in my paycheck this week. Not a massive amount but enough to feel appreciated for a bit and take the kid flea marketing this weekend (for some reason he wants to find an old Gameboy/GBA). The wife is out of town for her NKOTB pilgrimage so we have all weekend to spend it frivolously.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    We talking about @tynic 's pod in here again?

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    If there a way to the trainer? Sometimes they record their lectures and you may be able to get away not staying up all night

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I got all of today's work done in the first hour of being here. I guess I'll organize my desk until 4:30.

I'm off tomorrow and monday so it's going to be a long day.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    anyway if my passively frustrated last post wasn't enough indication, i'm marking at the moment. fortunately i got dibs on the typed hand in, which makes 215 papers fly; only a week of hectic beetween-class marking, a couple of wet afternoons and two 10pm nights. should be dusted by tomorrow so i'll have a serious fridax to drink to when i get home

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options

Yes, the podigal thread returns to Pod.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

PODLYFE

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Today was technically my Fridax because tomorrow I have the 2nd (of 2) A+ tests and I decided to spend a vacation day Friday to give me a 4-day weekend since today was the last day of school and I deserve a break too, damn it!

Super Fridax!

Good luck today @Goose!

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    E N J O Y T H E P O D

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    E N J O Y T H E P O D

Words like violence
    Break the silence
    Come crashing in
    Into my little pod
    Painful to me
    Pierce right through me
    Can't you understand
    Oh my little pod

• Options

Just got this ad on Facebook....

60ohbmmlt8e1.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    E M B R A C E T H E P O D

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Just got this ad on Facebook....

60ohbmmlt8e1.png

My bed is unlikely to be the site of a nuclear emergency

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

lewd

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yo I heard the pod offers a pension.

• Options

lewd

@tynic and I have a very special relationship where I can talk about her pod as much as I'd like.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Yes but it only vests if you're physically inside the pod at the moment of retirement.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Yes but it only vests if you're physically inside the pod at the moment of retirement.

Sorry, did we say "vests?" We meant "ingests."

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Public declaration of work so now I have to do it. I post now while I'm eating my morning apple before shit gets real.

Traveling to and from Alaska in two days is unpleasant enough, but then we had to put our cat down the afternoon I got back. :(

Today I have to finish my report, but first I have to serve five subpoenas. Work begins... now.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

"It is the final duty of every citizen to go into the pod, and become one with all the people."

• Options
    delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    Awkward: Performing an engineering design peer review on work by your department supervisor.
    Really Awkward: Finding errors.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    delph wrote: »
    Awkward: Performing an engineering design peer review on work by your department supervisor.

QA is a process we follow because no one is perfect and literally everyone makes really fuckin basic mistakes all the time. Anyone who assures you their work doesn't need to be checked is lying and likely fairly arrogant, or trying to hide something.

Sleep on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Passed! Needed 700, got 741! Now to celebrate and job search

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Folks, today is Thursday, but I have a secret
    It's actually my Fridax

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

QA is a process we follow because no one is perfect and literally everyone makes really fuckin basic mistakes all the time. Anyone who assures you their work doesn't need to be checked is lying and likely fairly arrogant, or trying to hide something.

I love having the opportunity to have my work peer checked. Saves me the anxiety of "is the problem(s) found in production going to be critical or minor/unnoticeable to anyone else"

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I've taken Friday off as well. Combined with the Monday off due to Canada Day, I have a lovely few days off doing little to nothing <3

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Folks, today is Thursday, but I have a secret
    It's actually my Fridax

Me too! I also took Tuesday off (Monday is the holiday for Canada Day).

WoopWoop!

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Next week will be awesome, with both a canadian and american holiday it's guaranteed everyone will be slacking. I'm just setting up the moonlight streaming client on my work mac so I can play Battletech alllllllllll day.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I have a 3-day week next week, since we have the 4th of July off and I took the 5th off to spend time with the kids.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I swear this is the password I type every day, multiple times a day, and it is the computer that is wrong.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

How was it? I'm taking mine in August and I am a little nervous! I don't test well

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I swear this is the password I type every day, multiple times a day, and it is the computer that is wrong.

I pulled one of these earlier this week, turns out i had the login name wrong

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »

How was it? I'm taking mine in August and I am a little nervous! I don't test well

Well, the one you take in August is gonna be slightly different then I took. I took the 901 and 902, which are being retired at the end of July. You'll be taking the 1001 and 1002. There's most likely a LOT of overlap, and if anything they probably just expanded what they cover on mobile devices or something. Anyway.

The 901 is more about building computers, fixing them, the internals, hardware stuff. Also covers some networking (but mostly just like setting up a SOHO router stuff).

The 902 is more about security, operating systems, command line, recovery/repair of OS, malware, etc.

I felt like the 901 had more memorizing of things.

My 901 test had 2-3 (I forget) "practical" (simulation) questions and then around 80 multiple choice questions.

My 902 test had 3-4 (believe it or not, even though I took it this morning, I don't remember either) of the practical questions, and then ~70 multiple choice questions.

I studied with Mike Meyers' udemy course (cost me $20 for both 901 and 902) and also Professor Messer's Youtube videos (free, of course). I just watched the udemy course without any note taking, and took extensive notes (basically rewrote every slide) in Messer's.

Then I used examcompass.com for practice tests (I really like their setup over other sites). I took the practice tests like an open book test, using my notes from the Messer vids when I needed to. I also found some sample simulation questions online and reviewed them this morning.

PM me if you need to know more

Goose! on
This discussion has been closed.