[MCU] Nevermind, just a case of the ol' ALF method.

1535455565759»

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Hopefully, they can start putting down the foundation for Doom/FF in some of the upcoming movies. A mention of Latveria here and a news report of a science experiment dealing with cosmic rays in the future there.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    RedTide
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Doom's benevolance varies from writer from writer; in some books he's a despotic but fair ruler who ensures his people live in comfort because he's Doom god dammit, and he's going to be the best damn ruler possible, because Doom expects nothing less than perfection from himself.

Other time he's a dictator with an overinflated ego who's people live trapped in a police state, and his whole "harsh but fair" persona is just what he tells himself (and forces his subjects to tell him) to make himself feel better.

And sometimes they retcon things that he does as being done by Doombots, so it can be hard to get a bead on the character sometimes.

Commander ZoomRingoStabbity StyleFencingsaxBlackDragon480
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Taskmaster is first and foremost all about getting that paper. He does not give a shit about your lofty villain ideals, he just wants to get fuckin paid.

Which is why he's the perfect foil to Deadpool. The straight-man to his loose canon. Tasky is all "God dammit wade I want to get paid" and Deadpool is all "Yeah but I just shot the client"

There’s also that Taskmaster can’t copy Deadpool. It’s been established that his randomness basically makes it impossible for Taskmaster to copy him.

TOGSolid
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Taskmaster is first and foremost all about getting that paper. He does not give a shit about your lofty villain ideals, he just wants to get fuckin paid.

Which is why he's the perfect foil to Deadpool. The straight-man to his loose canon. Tasky is all "God dammit wade I want to get paid" and Deadpool is all "Yeah but I just shot the client"

There’s also that Taskmaster can’t copy Deadpool. It’s been established that his randomness basically makes it impossible for Taskmaster to copy him.

The randomness makes Deadpool impossible to predict, which is one of the ways Taskmaster uses his power set.

Taskmaster doesn’t copy Deadpool’s moves because for the most part they involve taking an absurd amount of damage in the process.

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    SleepForarMild ConfusionPhillishereFencingsaxBlackDragon480BobbleJoolandertzeentchlingRingoStabbity StyleMorganVShadowenSpoitFryMoridin889CanadianWolverineGiantGeek2020
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

The randomness makes Deadpool impossible to predict, which is one of the ways Taskmaster uses his power set.

Taskmaster doesn’t copy Deadpool’s moves because for the most part they involve taking an absurd amount of damage in the process.

I’d imagine it’s hard to cut off your own arm and throw it at someone and not have it grow back.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    PhillishereBobbleHappylilElfSpoitchrono_travellerKruite
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular

I’d imagine it’s hard to cut off your own arm and throw it at someone and not have it grow back.

Deadpool does such brilliant tactical maneuvers like taking a sword through the chest so he can punch a dude in the face.

Copying those moves is not a winning strategy.

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    Kayne Red RobeMoridin889MvrckCanadianWolverineJoolanderGiantGeek2020
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    Taskmaster also has a similar problem with Moon Knight. I believe the money quote was along the lines of, "Have you ever seen a punch that you didn't try to block with your face?!"

Moon Knight, being a crazy self-loathing masochist at the time, answers by getting punched in the face

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    BlackDragon480Kayne Red RobeMvrckGiantGeek2020
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Marvel just announced the cast of the M.O.D.O.K. show, which includes Patton Oswalt, Aimee Garcia, Melissa Fumero,Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ben Schwartz, Beck Bennett, Jon Daly and Sam Richardson.

It also runs down all the characters, which also includes, uh, his wife and kids?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    ShadowfireKoopahTroopah
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Marvel just announced the cast of the M.O.D.O.K. show, which includes Patton Oswalt, Aimee Garcia, Melissa Fumero,Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ben Schwartz, Beck Bennett, Jon Daly and Sam Richardson.

It also runs down all the characters, which also includes, uh, his wife and kids?

When I first read this in another thread, I thought was a comic not a show for some reason. Excited for the show still, but I was kinda curious what a Ben Schwartz Marvel comic would be like.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    Patton Oswalt as MODOK is a good choice.

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    jdarksunBobbleMoridin889KoopahTroopahGiantGeek2020RedTide
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

For a hot minute I thought this was live-action and I was pretty impressed at the stones to cast Melissa Fumero as a high school student.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Patton Oswalt Agent Koenig as MODOK is a good choice.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    PailryderCanadianWolverinejdarksunShadowenCarpyTOGSolidJayrichoDoctor DetroitJoolanderKoopahTroopahEmperorSethFoolOnTheHill
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    So is it like the new Harley Quinn show but MODOK? Or is it aimed at kids?

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So is it like the new Harley Quinn show but MODOK? Or is it aimed at kids?

Considering the thing is a workplace comedy centered around MODOK having a mid-life crisis, I'd say it's definitely its own thing.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    HappylilElf