Games I recommend (that I own, that you don't have):

Super Paper Mario,
    Trauma Center,
    WarioWare,
    and Elebits.

Games I recommend renting (that I own):

Rampage (great multiplayer),
    Wii Play (good two player stuff with Tanks),
    and Red Steel (takes a while to get used to the controls, but it has a fun multiplayer... similar to GE)

urahonky on
  • Options
    Prophetavius VProphetavius V __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Kiwistrike wrote: »
    Super Paper Mario is the first paper mario game I didnt finish or love.

Its poorly made when compared to the other two, although it has a lot of great ideas. Its like the team got so caught up with their great concepts that they forgot how to implement them in a quality game.

I agree, it just feels like fucking Paper Mario with side scrolling.

I thought this game was gonna be different. Unfortunately, Mario moves very slow, and levels are not linear enough in nature. There's also a lot of text to read through. You spend a lot of time bullshitting before being able to actually play in a REAL level.

It's kinda shitty when you're showing people the game because you're stuck in the fucking town doing nothing but buying items and trying to find some heart to open up a door to go to the REAL levels. This is all very boring. In fact I'm trying to pretty much ignore the whole item buying shit and pretend it doesn't exist. I just don't give a shit about it. I wanted a typical action packed mario side scroller with modern graphics and I was pretty disappointed. Just fucking buy Super Mario World off the virtual console.

Prophetavius V on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    First off: EXCITE!! EXCITE!! EXCITE!! TRUCK!!!
    That's the first title to buy.

Second title is Super Paper Mario once it comes out.

For puzzle games, Mercury Meltdown is coming out so wait for that one - or if you cannot wait, get the budget priced Kokorinpa.

For sandbox style games, Godfather is the only one out and it's good at what it does - or you can wait for impressions for Scarface after it's out.

For fun and quirky, Elebits and Cooking Mama are there, although you might want to rent them first.
    Some have sworn by Elebits, while others have sworn off it. A lot of people felt Cooking Mama DS is the better route to go than Cooking Mama Wii.

If you're a Sonic or platforming fan, Sonic and Secret Rings is a must. Most Sonic fans here can attest to that.

For sports game, there are SSX Blur, Tiger Woods, and Super Swing Golf. Most people here will swear by SSX Blur although its difficulty might turn off people who are used to traditional gameplay of SSX.

A good action title is definitely Metal Slug Anthology - it's really old-school hard ass action game and it's a cause for bragging rights in the Penny Arcade circle.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sploozoo wrote: »
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Zeeb! wrote: »
    Really, you should just buy WarioWare.

I know, I know.

But you should.

Rent it first.. I've heard nothing but good things, but I didn't enjoy it. Admittedly, I was excited to do multiplayer with some friends, but you have to go through single player first as a sort of "tutorial" or some stupid shit. The game itself is quite fun, and funny, but fuck the whole "play alone or one at a time before you can play together" bullshit that nintendo thought would be a great idea.

Dude you don't know how to share? I had great fun beating all the levels the first time through with my friends. Then once multiplayer was unlocked we all had some experience and it was really good competition. I was surprised multi wasn't unlocked from the get go but I don't think it detracted at all from the fun factor.

We did share between levels and stuff, but it wasn't as funny since our first times with some of the microgames would be singleplayer and not multiplayer. Still, like I said, most people liked it.. it just rubbed me the wrong way because of that one thing. If everything was unlocked from the beginning I'd be singing a different tune, surely.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kiwistrike wrote: »
    Super Paper Mario is the first paper mario game I didnt finish or love.

Its poorly made when compared to the other two, although it has a lot of great ideas. Its like the team got so caught up with their great concepts that they forgot how to implement them in a quality game.

I agree, it just feels like fucking Paper Mario with side scrolling.

I thought this game was gonna be different. Unfortunately, Mario moves very slow, and levels are not linear enough in nature. There's also a lot of text to read through. You spend a lot of time bullshitting before being able to actually play in a REAL level.

It's kinda shitty when you're showing people the game because you're stuck in the fucking town doing nothing but buying items and trying to find some heart to open up a door to go to the REAL levels. This is all very boring. In fact I'm trying to pretty much ignore the whole item buying shit and pretend it doesn't exist. I just don't give a shit about it. I wanted a typical action packed mario side scroller with modern graphics and I was pretty disappointed. Just fucking buy Super Mario World off the virtual console.
    So basically, you're pissed off with the game because it was exactly what it was advertised to be?

Someone give this man a cookie.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007

I think I bought a Shroom Shake once.

Oh, I bought some cards too.

Super Paper Mario is wicked awesome platforming has like 15 minute intervals where you do Heart Pillar searches in Flipside/Flopside. The only time I ever was frustrated was Chapter 7.

(the non-linearity is what makes the game so awesome, because the blended dimensions construct non-linearity out of linear spaces. Except Chapter 7. Fuck that chapter)

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる