Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Advice for prebuilt desktop (Aus)

NyogthaNyogtha Registered User regular
Hi, I need to get a new Desktop and now having graduated with a shiny new job, can afford to get one. However I do not want to build my own, would all you fine peoples to be able to recommend a store for pre-built desktops for Australia? I am not sure whom are the reliable ones (how does Alienware, Scorptech, pccg compare?). By budget is 5k (AUD). Are new tech/cards about to come out should I wait or ?

Thanks for your helps

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

Do you have local computer parts stores there? Some places will actually build a system for you for a fee. Those often times will still end up being cheaper than buying a prebuilt.

Otherwise, honestly all of the "big name" gaming brands are fine. Just price compare to make sure you're getting the best deal.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • NyogthaNyogtha Registered User regular
    There are a few local parts stores around, however a lot of them have had problems with switching out components for cheaper versions and charging full amount :( thus looking for other options. Thanks for the advice Wunderbar

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    I believe Maingear ships internationally and while you may pay a bit more with a pre-built and probably a crap tonne shipping to AUS they put together good machines.

Start with their "Vybe" (Isn't this a sex toy?) system and go for the 3600x machine and upgrade what you want until you get to your budget.
    5K AUD is a LOT of money for a PC so you could even go for a 9900k.

https://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/vybe/index.php#pre

• evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    maybe look at what they have on mwave? pretty sure they both sell pre-specced prebuilts and also will assemble a set of components you picked out yourself for an added assembly fee.

DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

• MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Do you know of any Aussie tech YTers? There's a good chance they would have info on prebuilts (it may be dated for specific systems, but they should give you recommended brands). The only one I know of is TechYESCity, and he tends to focus on used parts. There's a smattering of gear reviews and such, so he may be a good place to start (or reach out to him and see what he says?).

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Tech Yes City guy does focus on used parts but he treats them to some TYC lovin' :)
    I wouldn't hesitate to get a decent used system from him.

• NyogthaNyogtha Registered User regular
    Hi Adirhol/evilbob thanks for the help :D, I will have a look into TechYesCity and what he suggests thanks very much!