As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Patch 8.2.5, shorter version: J. Allen Brack is a big Meanie

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited October 2019 in MMO Extravaganza
Patch 8.2.5 arrived on September 24. Wowhead guide here: https://www.wowhead.com/news=295252/patch-8-2-5-battle-for-azeroth-survival-guide

Here's the new cinematic, "Reckoning", which ends the War Campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=8NRLuUnpGYg

Patch 8.2, The Rise of Azshara, arrives on June 25. Here's the Wowhead content guide: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/patch-8-2-rise-of-azshara-bfa-wow-overview

New cinematic for The Rise of Azshara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SszpZF8KCN8

- Flying to open up in all new BFA zones.

- Two new outdoor zones, Nazjatar and Mechagon.

- New Raid - Azshara's Eternal Palace, and Megadungeon - Operation: Mechagon

- Mount equipment coming, but say goodbye to the Water Striders.

- Big Heart of Azeroth upgrades coming, and by all reports a much-improved Azerite reward system.

Sterica on

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    In keeping with the topic from the last thread. It takes 10 days max to get 3k exp on a follower. Then there are other things that also give exp from turn ins. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and will have that done in a day or so. Im like 3k from revered with nazjatar too. Mechagon is a bit behind because i like it less, and i spent the first 2 days getting my kelpfin battle pet.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I have no earthly idea how so many people had flying unlocked so early. The grind just kills me inside.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    In keeping with the topic from the last thread. It takes 10 days max to get 3k exp on a follower. Then there are other things that also give exp from turn ins. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and will have that done in a day or so. Im like 3k from revered with nazjatar too. Mechagon is a bit behind because i like it less, and i spent the first 2 days getting my kelpfin battle pet.

There are also rep gaining items off random things each follower likes something different. The guy I use likes big meaty crab legs so sometimes when I am hunting crabs he has a ? over him and you can hand him a crab leg to gain 75 rep.

That said the rep this go round has been really easy to get. If all you do is the dailies and wq and don't even try to do the extra stuff it takes a couple weeks to hit revered and get your fish guy follower rep up high enough. It is hands down better than legion and wod for these pathfinder reps as it requires no mission board time gating at all.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    To be blunt about it, if someone can't or won't play enough just to get through that Nazjatar questline (which, again, requires an hour or less of questing spread across 6 or 7 non-consecutive days, and a few hours to do the non-daily stuff), they are in no way going to have the gear or time to do Eternal Palace on a difficulty above LFR. It's a moot point.

Weird because I have a 405 ilevel and I didn't have it unlocked.....mostly because I've been busy. Hell I haven't even had time to play ff14.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    To be blunt about it, if someone can't or won't play enough just to get through that Nazjatar questline (which, again, requires an hour or less of questing spread across 6 or 7 non-consecutive days, and a few hours to do the non-daily stuff), they are in no way going to have the gear or time to do Eternal Palace on a difficulty above LFR. It's a moot point.

Weird because I have a 405 ilevel and I didn't have it unlocked.....mostly because I've been busy. Hell I haven't even had time to play ff14.
    gear or time

:P

I always clear my Tuesday nights for Raid time.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    I have no earthly idea how so many people had flying unlocked so early. The grind just kills me inside.

It was the bleh feeling I got when I first did the opening quests for BFA is why I have not leveled {there was a lot of very negative stuff going on in my life at the time} There are things like fighting for weapons once more and other reasons why I don't want to level in BFA {I feel far worse about it than I did in cata and I had a very nasty opinion of Cata from that time}

There are other reasons why as everyone I knew of quit playing wow {two of them are looking forward to playing vanilla again and want nothing to do with BFA}

I would say more but it's going to veer off in rants

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Okay. I'm not going to carry this further.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I mean, it takes less time to do either or than both, so its a wierd assumption to state that if someone doesn't have 7 hours then they apparently didn't have double that to do both?

I am plenty enough geared to raid and will be doing heroic shortly (we want to clear normal first, only had one 2 hour raid so far and we tend to dawdle a lot) and I am still not revered with Naz and have completely ignored Mecha till I finished Naz. This is because I sort of focused on the gearing aspects and have been doing the other stuff as I have time.

You don't need revered with Naz for the quest to open the shield over the raid. You need to earn 3000 follower XP, which takes 6-10 days depending on if you focus on one or spread it out (which gets you more in a quicker time frame from their rank...3?...quest).

Which I also don't have.

The rep was showing how much I have gotten done. I think most people would hit revered around the time they get to 3k total follower exp (since those levels give decent rep anyway)

You don't need revered with Naz for the quest to open the shield over the raid. You need to earn 3000 follower XP, which takes 6-10 days depending on if you focus on one or spread it out (which gets you more in a quicker time frame from their rank...3?...quest).

There are quests every few levels for the followers. i have one at like lvl 9 or 10 now and have done 3-4 of them. I'm not sure spreading the love around matters much. Also for the benthic azerite pieces. going from 50 to 350 manapearls for an ilvl upgrade is nuts. by the time i get 350 with the 10-20 or so a day you can get, i could have cleared heroic at the very least.

The benthic pieces are really geared towards non-raid players, I think. There are a few pieces that are very good for raiders (the frost damage proc bracers, frost damage proc gloves, crit boots, and aberration damage bonus belt [two of the bosses are aberrations]) but for the most part that's for players who have a lot of time to grind pearls but don't have a consistent group to raid with (or who don't want to raid but do want to upgrade their gear).

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    what was the horde requirement for attunement for MC/Onyx/BWL? I played alliance in vanilla...
    was one of the TBC attunement killing one of the reavers in the first zone?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    It took me 10 total days of doing Nazjatar after starting the 3,000 Lackey XP quest to finish it (which, incidentally, was last night). I only got 300 each day, except for one day where I got one of the Lackey turnin items which gave one of the ones I hadn't touched yet a whopping 50 XP, which of course didn't speed up the overall quest at all.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    The benthic pieces are really geared towards non-raid players, I think. There are a few pieces that are very good for raiders (the frost damage proc bracers, frost damage proc gloves, crit boots, and aberration damage bonus belt [two of the bosses are aberrations]) but for the most part that's for players who have a lot of time to grind pearls but don't have a consistent group to raid with (or who don't want to raid but do want to upgrade their gear).

Depending on the class/spec/slot, some of the Benthic additional affixes are worth up to 30 ilvl slots, fully upgraded are better than some mythic raid pieces.

For me, who only does heroic raiding, about half my slots BiS is a fully upgraded Benthic piece. As assassination rogue.

As i understand it the trick is to roll alts through since we m the early Nazjatar quests give aton of pearls. Use alt pearls to buy several armors of the slot type that's BiS for main, send to main for opening. Open one at a time, looking for combination of socket + desired benthic affix + terciary you like (i like speed which as melee = time on target). Then spend main's pearls only on upgrading.

steam_sig.png
    What is the most efficient way to get rep in mechagon? I’m horde. Seems like the quests give very minimal rep.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    The venn diagram of "players who can't be bothered to do enough Nazjatar dailies to get the 3000 bodyguard XP needed to complete the questline" and "players who are geared enough to raid and really want to try content when it's new" is two completely separate circles. For folks who don't play a lot and don't have the gear for normal Eternal Palace, LFR shouldn't require this questline.

It's also nothing like attunements from Vanilla or TBC. Those would take weeks of work even literal years after the content premiered, you can bang this one out in less than a week completely by yourself for less than an hour a day.

Afraid not! My heroic raiding guild is the living proof. We mostly all unsubbed after clearing the crucible of storms on normal once because there wasn't any point in running it since we were already heroic Dazalor geared. We were pretty fatigued by the long long gulf between major content drops and bad quality of the non-raid/dungeon "here's some daily shit to do" content and the bad story. If we didn't have a couple people who stayed subbed and have been doing the grind we'd be fucked now, as is we are extremely reliant on those few people showing up to actually be able to do the raid.

Maybe you're right and we should just quit though. I guess the devs agree with you?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    What is the most efficient way to get rep in mechagon? I’m horde. Seems like the quests give very minimal rep.

I haven't played it myself, but I can tell you what I've heard second hand.

My understanding is that Mechagon is a slowly unfolding picture. The more you do and uncover, the more you can continue to do and uncover. From what I've gathered, the best approach to Mechagon is just to spend a bunch of time there. Run all over and do everything you can, and at certain plateaus of progress you will unlock more things to do there. It's a cascading effect of increasing activities.

That's my 2nd hand understanding of how the zone works.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

A ton of the rep available each day on Mechagon is not visible on the map and comes in the form of either drops from rares that open up additional quests, or dailies that are out on the island but hidden and don't show on the map until you actually find the NPC giving them.

Two solutions;
    1. Explore the island thoroughly every day, looking in all the cool nooks and crannies to find content you haven't seen yet
    2. If you're not an explorer type and just want to powergame it, Wowhead makes a post each day called "Today in Nazjatar and Mechagon" which outlines everything there is available to do on any given day.

Dhalphir wrote: »

A ton of the rep available each day on Mechagon is not visible on the map and comes in the form of either drops from rares that open up additional quests, or dailies that are out on the island but hidden and don't show on the map until you actually find the NPC giving them.

Two solutions;
    1. Explore the island thoroughly every day, looking in all the cool nooks and crannies to find content you haven't seen yet
    2. If you're not an explorer type and just want to powergame it, Wowhead makes a post each day called "Today in Nazjatar and Mechagon" which outlines everything there is available to do on any given day.

My solution, thank you sir!

There is a general zone quest in Mechagon each day that is usually along the lines of "kill 3 rares" or "loot 6 chests" that is by far the most rep rewarding thing you can do with your time there. It's 850 rep and doesn't usually take too long if you just run/jetpack around the zone watching your minimap for rares/chests.

The M+ essence is bonkers in pvp. I did a few arenas and it does sooo much damage. People can blow all their class stuff and end it with a huge burst anyway. 2s are terribly balanced right now but the free weapon is too good to pass up.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    There is a general zone quest in Mechagon each day that is usually along the lines of "kill 3 rares" or "loot 6 chests" that is by far the most rep rewarding thing you can do with your time there. It's 850 rep and doesn't usually take too long if you just run/jetpack around the zone watching your minimap for rares/chests.

With Darkmoon Faire it's almost 1k rep. More if human.

steam_sig.png
    The M+ essence is bonkers in pvp. I did a few arenas and it does sooo much damage. People can blow all their class stuff and end it with a huge burst anyway. 2s are terribly balanced right now but the free weapon is too good to pass up.

I figure arenas are just a dumpsterfire, but BGs are a good time.

A tip for anyone doing Heroic Ashvane (I guess it applies to normal as well but that difficulty's a lot less punishing): if you stand too close to the corals with arcing azerite, sometimes it doesn't register the hit and won't despawn the coral. Once we started standing ~10 yards away we had much more success killing the corals and got her down in a few pulls.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Didn’t they formally announce that they were no longer going to balance 2s like, years ago?

YL9WnCY.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Blizzard is apparently reading my forum rants;

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/cc5l8q/void_emissaries_now_debuff_players_instead_of/

No blue post or anything yet to confirm.

1 more Mechagon daily run until I can fly. So close... the pain is almost over...

forty wrote: »
    1 more Mechagon daily run until I can fly. So close... the pain is almost over...

Have you beaten all the pets? each pet battle on the island is 75 rep the first time you beat each one, even if they aren't a WQ.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    we do have one blizzard employee here I think that I know of? Wouldn't surprise me if there's more

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Sterica wrote: »
    Didn’t they formally announce that they were no longer going to balance 2s like, years ago?

Correct, 2s is completely unbalanced right now and blizzard has said they aren’t focusing on it at all.

bowen wrote: »
    we do have one blizzard employee here I think that I know of? Wouldn't surprise me if there's more

None of them have ever been of a position that has any influence on game balance.

Dhal was FAR from alone in his opinion. Pretty much anyone doing M+ at a 10 or more was saying the same thing.

Correct, 2s is completely unbalanced right now and blizzard has said they aren’t focusing on it at all.

Really 3s arent much better, 2s were just what i was doing last night. There was one moment though where the stars aligned and my stat buffs procced right when i went to burst a rogue and everything crit and i killed him from full health in a kidney shot on their healer while my partner was screwing with their resto druid. Even my partner was like wtf did you do to him?

Pailryder wrote: »
    what was the horde requirement for attunement for MC/Onyx/BWL? I played alliance in vanilla...
    was one of the TBC attunement killing one of the reavers in the first zone?

Its been years but I think it was:

MC: They added this later, originally you had to run through Blackrock Depths I think every time you wanted to enter the raid. This was easy, gotta get to the portal and touch a stone for a quest.

BWL: Originally I think for Horde I remember this super long questline that involved beating BWL and touching the orb behind him then like 4 other things? I assumed alliance had the same but I guess not.

Onyxia: Per wowhead this is the quest chain for Horde to get Onyxia Attuned:
    Warlord's Command
    Slay Highlord Omokk, War Master Voone, and Overlord Wyrmthalak. Recover Important Blackrock Documents. Return to Warlord Goretooth in Kargath when the mission has been accomplished.
    Eitrigg's Wisdom
    Speak with Eitrigg in Orgrimmar. When you have discussed matters with Eitrigg, seek council from Thrall. You recall having seen Eitrigg in Thrall's chamber.
    For The Horde!
    Travel to Blackrock Spire and slay Warchief Rend Blackhand. Take his head and return to Orgrimmar.
    Blackhand is one of the encounters of Upper Blackrock Spire.
    What the Wind Carries
    Listen to Thrall.
    Thrall tells you about how it is known that Onyxia has disguised herself as a noble from Stormwind, Lady Katrana Prestor.
    The Champion of the Horde
    Seek out Rexxar. The Warchief has instructed you as to his whereabouts. Search the paths of Desolace, between the Stonetalon Mountains and Feralas.
    Rexxar patrols through the entire main road of Desolace, starting from Shadowprey Village.
    Mistress of Deception
    [Deliver Rexxar's Letter to Myranda the Hag in the Western Plaguelands.
    Myranda the Hag is located in the middle of Sorrow Hill, to the south of Andorhal.
    Oculus Illusions
    Travel to Blackrock Spire and collect 20 Black Dragonspawn Eyes. Return to Myranda the Hag when the task is complete.
    Emberstrife
    Travel to the Wyrmbog in Dustwallow Marsh and seek out Emberstrife's Den. Once inside, wear the Amulet of Draconic Subversion and speak with Emberstrife.
    The Test of Skulls, Chronalis
    Guarding the Caverns of Time in the Tanaris Desert is Chronalis, child of Nozdormu. Destroy him and return his skull to Emberstrife.
    As mentioned, Chronalis is located in front of the blocked entrance to the Caverns of Time, in Tanaris.
    The quests to kill Chronalis, Scryer and Somnus are received at the same time.
    The Test of Skulls, Scryer
    You must find the blue dragonflight drake champion, Scryer, and slay him. Pry his skull from his corpse and return it to Emberstrife. You know that Scryer can be found in Winterspring.
    Scryer is located inside the cavern of Mazthoril, next to the teleport to Haleh.
    The quests to kill Chronalis, Scryer and Somnus are received at the same time.
    The Test of Skulls, Somnus
    Destroy the drake champion of the Green Flight, Somnus. Take his skull and return it to Emberstrife.

This is all from wowhead and little memory so it might have been changed in all the years since, I certainly don't remember everything.
    :

bowen wrote: »

He hasn't posted in awhile, but he was on the art team, I doubt he had much say over game design and balance.

Really 3s arent much better, 2s were just what i was doing last night. There was one moment though where the stars aligned and my stat buffs procced right when i went to burst a rogue and everything crit and i killed him from full health in a kidney shot on their healer while my partner was screwing with their resto druid. Even my partner was like wtf did you do to him?

I haven’t played a ton, but apparently games above 2k cr now are just completely full of busted essences and the mechagon trinket.

I get that pvp isn’t blizzards focus and that’s fine. What is discouraging is that, for this expansion at least, changes seem to be coming out a lot slower than previously.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Oyxia attunement for alliance is "do some random quests, walk into brd and find a dude in a jail cell, return quest, fight some more stuff really quick, return final quest"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

I haven’t played a ton, but apparently games above 2k cr now are just completely full of busted essences and the mechagon trinket.

I get that pvp isn’t blizzards focus and that’s fine. What is discouraging is that, for this expansion at least, changes seem to be coming out a lot slower than previously.

Everyone said that essences were going to be stupid busted if they went into pvp with no changes. Blizz basically said “well think about looking into it” and now here we are.

This discussion has been closed.