As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Patch 8.2.5, shorter version: J. Allen Brack is a big Meanie

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Some madness effects and masks actually make extra movement quite detrimental. I was thinking the eye could cause a lot of issues with that, but I haven't actually dealt with it since most my corrupted items have been trash.

A lot of the time you can just make short quick adjustments. If you're constantly hopping around with lead feet then yeah, you're going to have a bad time, but all you need to do is move the bare minimum required to avoid whatever swirly has appeared, then make sure you stop for a second or two before shuffling again. Most of the swirly effects are delayed enough that you can afford to stand still for a second before moving.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Awesome/Bad has held true for 6 (!) expansions now, so we're on track for Shadowlands to be good.

We also haven't seen such a fall from grace from Blizzard as we have in recent memory, so while I hope it will be good... wewlad I'm not holding my breath.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Awesome/Bad has held true for 6 (!) expansions now, so we're on track for Shadowlands to be good.

We also haven't seen such a fall from grace from Blizzard as we have in recent memory, so while I hope it will be good... wewlad I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know, a lot of people hated WoD too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

At very least shadowlands is a more interesting premise than FACTION WARRSS MK10 especially when it was immediately clear that the faction war was never going to be the actual focus of the expansion.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh god I felt so stupid this morning when I finally realized the orbs you get in visions you can place and regain your sanity... I was so confused how people could do optionals and explore when the sanity ticked down so fast. DOH!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Does anyone else remember the bad potion by faction/race alignments?

Blue - Alliance
    Red - Horde
    Green - Orcs / Legion
    Purple - Night Elves
    Black - Dark Iron

I’ll be like “OK, the bad potion is Horde, so the sanity potion is Alliance.”

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

huh, yeah, this is fair actually

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Blue - Alliance
    Red - Horde
    Green - Orcs / Legion
    Purple - Night Elves
    Black - Dark Iron

It is randomized and changes with literally every run.

There's a table somewhere, a guildmate of mine found it, and unfortunately I don't have it right now. When we do our runs, he is just always the one who tells the rest of the group what to do. But basically, in both Org and SW there's a corpse with a color potion in front of it. You know that the color by the corpse is bad. Then you can use the table that my guildmate found online to determine what the other colors do, based on the bad one. So it is randomized, but it is random within a defined set of parameters. It isn't full random.

The most important thing to know is that it changes every run.

Edit: Here's what I found with a quick search: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/horrific-visions-potions-guide

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    The SW corpse is directly ahead if where you start the run, out in the open about 60 feet ahead in a corner. It's a face down human with a bad color potion next to one hand and a readable note (talking about people out to get him) next to the other.

The Org corpse is in a hut to the left of the blacksmith, an orc in same position with bad potion and note.

The bad potion takes away sanity.

There is one that restores sanity.

There is one that makes you randomly frontal cone AOE fire for a few minutes, and even the buff for that expires your character catches on fire for a few seconds taking some damage and uncontrollably running backward. If you drink another of this color it resets the duration of the buff, so if you keep drinking then you never deal with your character in fire.

There is two others like that where it's a buff that does something bad on expiry, but you can reset duration by drinking more.

My strategy now it's to get to the corpse ASAP, identify the bad color, then drink immediately every other color the rest of the run.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The HandyNotes-Visions of N'Zoth addon will also give you a handy list that tells you what the good sanity potion will be depending on the color of the bad potion.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    The staying power you get from knowing the correct potions, cloak resist and the +200 from killing elites is pretty insane. I held off doing visions last week because of the incoming fix but this week I not only got myself fully caught up but also did a run where I grabbed both org masks and despite my gear being trash it was super-chill.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Blue - Alliance
    Red - Horde
    Green - Orcs / Legion
    Purple - Night Elves
    Black - Dark Iron

It is randomized and changes with literally every run.

There's a table somewhere, a guildmate of mine found it, and unfortunately I don't have it right now. When we do our runs, he is just always the one who tells the rest of the group what to do. But basically, in both Org and SW there's a corpse with a color potion in front of it. You know that the color by the corpse is bad. Then you can use the table that my guildmate found online to determine what the other colors do, based on the bad one. So it is randomized, but it is random within a defined set of parameters. It isn't full random.

The most important thing to know is that it changes every run.

Edit: Here's what I found with a quick search: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/horrific-visions-potions-guide

Yes?

I'm talking about how I remember what the bad potion is on any given run. And if you know what the bad potion is, you also know what the Sanity restoration potion is.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I'm using void ritual shit right now but I haven't been impressed by the damage gain from it.

For my Ret spec, Void Ritual ranges from 1.1k DPS for Tier 1 up to almost 6k for Tier 3. It's a bonkers amount of stats.
    I'm playing Guardian and generally not getting the group benefit so our situations are vastly different.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Doing some simming of old gear just to see what I could shore up, and a mythic Razor Coral would be a 1200 (!) DPS increase over the heroic Vita-Charged Titanshard I have.

Okay then. Guess I'm going to see about pugging that this weekend.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'm using void ritual shit right now but I haven't been impressed by the damage gain from it.

For my Ret spec, Void Ritual ranges from 1.1k DPS for Tier 1 up to almost 6k for Tier 3. It's a bonkers amount of stats.
    I'm playing Guardian and generally not getting the group benefit so our situations are vastly different.

For guardian it probably gets about half that, ~700 dps for Tier 1 up to ~3.5-4k for Tier 3.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Doing some simming of old gear just to see what I could shore up, and a mythic Razor Coral would be a 1200 (!) DPS increase over the heroic Vita-Charged Titanshard I have.

Okay then. Guess I'm going to see about pugging that this weekend.

Keep in mind coral sims uniquely well, and most fights in NYA do not allow you to stack it as consistently as sims do.

• Options
    That's true, but on fights where you really really really need those single target deeps (Wrathion, Shadhar, Maut, and Ra-den spring immediately to mind) it'll stack well.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Wrathion is a good example of a fight where it's actually not as good as its sims, because you spend a lot of the fight away from boss or attacking pillars and not stacking coral. Ra'den and Shad'har are both good use cases for it, though Shadhar especially is not really a DPS check.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I’m also not sure if the vita trinket value factors in the party haste

• Options
    I semi-disagree on Wrathion, because whenever he's active he's the only target available to attack. When you're not attacking Wrathion he's straight up not-attackable, so 100% of DPS uptime on the boss will generate coral stacks. The bigger thing here for me is that most trinkets aren't great on Wrathion because of how weirdly his damage phases are spaced, there isn't really a powerful on-use trinket for melee besides coral this tier (Writhing Segment is super bad outside of cleave).

Shad'har isn't a DPS check insofar as he's actually a healing check, but the faster you can push his phases the easier you will make things on your healers. DPS does matter quite a bit on him.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I’m also not sure if the vita trinket value factors in the party haste

It doesn't, but that's really hard to calculate because of how much the value of haste varies between spec (also it doesn't stack, so if someone else has one yours isn't providing benefit).

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Can I just say that I love healing in this tier. This is by far my favorite raid in BfA, and most of that is just because of how fun these fights are to heal.

I think overall, Dazar Alor is probably the more interesting raid, and it had some super cool bosses mechanically. But just from a healing perspective and nothing else, I like Ny'alotha more.

• Options
    Wrathion is a good example of a fight where it's actually not as good as its sims, because you spend a lot of the fight away from boss or attacking pillars and not stacking coral. Ra'den and Shad'har are both good use cases for it, though Shadhar especially is not really a DPS check.

Coral has another good stacking use if you have a bunch of targets dying regularly every 15 seconds or so since the buff sticks around and appends stacks you get from killing a Target with the debuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I semi-disagree on Wrathion, because whenever he's active he's the only target available to attack. When you're not attacking Wrathion he's straight up not-attackable, so 100% of DPS uptime on the boss will generate coral stacks. The bigger thing here for me is that most trinkets aren't great on Wrathion because of how weirdly his damage phases are spaced, there isn't really a powerful on-use trinket for melee besides coral this tier (Writhing Segment is super bad outside of cleave).

Shad'har isn't a DPS check insofar as he's actually a healing check, but the faster you can push his phases the easier you will make things on your healers. DPS does matter quite a bit on him.

My writhing segment crits guaranteed every 2 minutes /rogueShenanigans

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just played for the first night since Tuesday's patch and god damn do the Uldum/Vale "events" feel more pointless than ever. 14 Visions? Thanks.

forty on
  • Options
    Honing Instincts has to be one of the most ambiguous, poorly defined quests I've seen in a long time.

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    The events are good for plowing through the assault's progress bar and if you wanna hammer through rep pronto, otherwise yeah I don't bother with them at all.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    The events are good for plowing through the assault's progress bar and if you wanna hammer through rep pronto, otherwise yeah I don't bother with them at all.

The rep’s not too bad, but unless you’re not revered/want exalted/paragon caches, it’s not worth the trouble.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

The rep’s not too bad, but unless you’re not revered/want exalted/paragon caches, it’s not worth the trouble.

It really varies in time it takes.
    Like the one where you stomp on eyeballs you can do on your flying mount in 30 seconds. The one where you have to kill like 7 elites standing in the circle takes easily 6 minutes. The one where you have to go into the mine and click the buggy statues until they make a beam to the end could be 10 minutes between getting there and getting the buggyness to unbug.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think they give like 50 or 75 rep. It's pretty bad.

Like Smrtnik said, there are a few you can knock out in under a minute, but many have a terrible RoI.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I think they give like 50 or 75 rep. It's pretty bad.

Like Smrtnik said, there are a few you can knock out in under a minute, but many have a terrible RoI.

I mean i still do them all unless they are bugged out and non-completable, but that's just the game taking advantage of my OCD. I'm otherwise beyond "over it".

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    All the rep for Uldum Accord and Rajani is limited per day, not per play time, so the events are the only way to max out your rep gains each day if you're still working on that.

• Options

I do the events because they fill bars quickly.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Given that you noticed it, evidently

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I'm still bugged that instead of calling them manticores and wyverns, we're stuck with windriders & protodrakes, but that goes back to windrider's being called wyverns in Warcraft III.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Still waiting to be grouped with this mythical 50%+ Battleground win rate Horde.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I did get a Deepwind Gorge with a mage with 70k health and a prot warrior with 130k health, so I got that going for me.

forty on
  • Options
    I did get a Deepwind Gorge with a mage with 70k health and a prot warrior with 130k health, so I got that going for me.

Alliance has the same sort of problems. This morning I was in a Silvershard Mines group where the healer had 83k health and a MH with no OH.

You can probably guess how it turned out.

• Options
    I honestly don't know how people queue into a BG with that little health and gear. As in, how they even want to. I'd be far too embarassed to do it. The other players might be strangers, but they aren't bots, I don't feel like I'd have any right to inflict my fresh alt on them like that.

This discussion has been closed.