Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Hearthstone] Saviors of Uldum now live!

16566687071

Posts

  • CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    ShadowofVT wrote: »
    Got an 80g quest for someone lined up. Please be my friend and profit.

    Shadow#1525

    Just sent you a friend request from Cali#1543 if you still need a quest buddy.

    Battle.net: Cali#1543 on NA
    Steam: Calidaria
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    It seems very disingenuous to me that Blizzard advertises that spending $20 on the solo adventure gets you 15 packs, when it's really only 12.

    There are 4 chapters + grand finale giving you 3 uldum packs each, which is 15. Then the 16th is a golden classic pack.

    PSN: Holy-Promethium | Hearthstone: Muffinatron#2495 (EU)
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Wow Discover is pretty trash now

    3Unc6CD.jpg
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Some are. Discover a spell is unchanged. So is discover a lackey or a choose one card or 'a Nage minion'. Power of Creation is buffed.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    3clipsefortyDibbyThawmusKoopahTroopah
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    It seems very disingenuous to me that Blizzard advertises that spending $20 on the solo adventure gets you 15 packs, when it's really only 12.

    There are 4 chapters + grand finale giving you 3 uldum packs each, which is 15. Then the 16th is a golden classic pack.
    The first chapter and 3 of the packs are free. Spending $20 doesn't give you 15 more packs than not spending $20.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Bomb/Control Warrior definitely get hit the hardest by the Discover change in the current meta. It's hard to gauge exactly how much this will hurt them, but it's definitely a nerf. Seems like Aggro Warrior will be the preeminent Warrior deck after this nerf.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    Hi fam I've had a good think about it now and I think this Discover change is probably good for the health of the game in the long term!!! It's super not healthy for Control Warrior to be discovering 4 million Tomb Wardens/Omega Devastators and honestly that's a good way to nerf that without actually touching the cards themselves.

    Off the top of my head I'm trying to think of what this truly negatively impacts outside of Warrior... Hmm... Blazing Invocation? That never really saw play outside of getting one off a Lackey or Vulpera though. Affects Elysiana as well but that's, a Warrior card, let's be real.

    Outside of Standard though, like Arena I suppose? I guess it hurts things like Journey Below, Netherspite Historian, Museum Curator, Dark Peddler, Jeweled Scarab, A Light in the Darkness, Stonehill Defender, Primalfin Lookout, Golden Scarab, Tomb Spider, Gorillabot, Servant of Kalimos, Free From Amber....

    I have no idea if any of those see play in Wild, but it definitely affects Arena quite a bit. Hmm!

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    edited September 11
    It really says a lot about how much they juiced Warrior that they felt the best nerf was to take a shotgun to a core game mechanic

    "Oh we couldn't POSSIBLY nerf dr boom again"

    I needed a gnome to post. on
    3Unc6CD.jpg
    Dibby3clipseMarty81The Escape GoatThawmusGoodKingJayIIIKoopahTroopahElvenshae
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    "But we just gave everyone a dust refund! What do you think we are, made of money?????"

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I’m guessing they’re not going to be giving dust refunds on all discover cards, eh?

  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hi fam I've had a good think about it now and I think this Discover change is probably good for the health of the game in the long term!!! It's super not healthy for Control Warrior to be discovering 4 million Tomb Wardens/Omega Devastators and honestly that's a good way to nerf that without actually touching the cards themselves.

    Off the top of my head I'm trying to think of what this truly negatively impacts outside of Warrior... Hmm... Blazing Invocation? That never really saw play outside of getting one off a Lackey or Vulpera though. Affects Elysiana as well but that's, a Warrior card, let's be real.

    Outside of Standard though, like Arena I suppose? I guess it hurts things like Journey Below, Netherspite Historian, Museum Curator, Dark Peddler, Jeweled Scarab, A Light in the Darkness, Stonehill Defender, Primalfin Lookout, Golden Scarab, Tomb Spider, Gorillabot, Servant of Kalimos, Free From Amber....

    I have no idea if any of those see play in Wild, but it definitely affects Arena quite a bit. Hmm!

    I doubt it affects Wild at all. Our meta is mostly Secret Mage and Snip-Snap Warlock now.

    Stonehill and Netherspite are the only ones that both see Wild play and are adversely affected. Dragon Priest isn't very popular (it is pretty good though) and Stonehill had already been trending out in both Odd Paladin and control Warlocks. Not being able to consistently grab Sunkeeper/Tirion/Rin/Voidlords probably kills it completely.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    Marty81
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That Discover change is going to hurt Flunkie

    MNC Dover3clipseDibbyzepherin
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Sigh. Somehow I don't think a single player adventure should really need a mandatory 1GB mobile download... Now I can not play for the next 3+ hours on my shitty hotel wifi. Thanks blizzard

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    ThawmusNeadenSeGaTaiMNC DoverfortykimezepherinBeasteh
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Sigh. Somehow I don't think a single player adventure should really need a mandatory 1GB mobile download... Now I can not play for the next 3+ hours on my shitty hotel wifi. Thanks blizzard

    Especially if you're not buying it.

    steam_sig.png
    MNC Doverfortyzepherin
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Sigh. Somehow I don't think a single player adventure should really need a mandatory 1GB mobile download... Now I can not play for the next 3+ hours on my shitty hotel wifi. Thanks blizzard

    Especially if you're not buying it.

    Yup. What really annoys me though is they have the ability to do live asset downloads and this will probably have one after the update too, so what is this actually downloading now?

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    Thawmus
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Gotta download 2 GB for that Discover nerf.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    ThawmusJuliusMMMigDibbyKoopahTroopah
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Sometimes their patches are legitimate patches but I feel like a lot of times what I'm downloading is just the fucking game all over again.

    steam_sig.png
    MMMigfortykimeDibbyBeasteh
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    you should delete and reinstall heathstone every once in a while to keep the app size down.


    MMMigThe JudgeMNC DoverThawmus
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It doesn't even patch properly on my phone. I have to fully un and reinstall every patch.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    Thawmus
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 11
    Its downnloading what i assume is the same last part of the patch for the sixteenth time now. Game is playable though.

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    One of the Brawl packs hooked me up with a golden Epic (the Totem splitter axe so, woo, free dust) and a crisp, clean Druid Quest.

    Cenarius just looked up from the back corner of my card collection and gave me a big thumbs up.

    Last pint: HFoD v.13 / Fremont
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    MNC DoverJuliusDoctor DetroitElvenshae
  • JuliusJulius Registered User regular
    Nice. One of the 2 packs I got had 3 rares, 1 golden rare and Reno! (and the other had 1 rare and 1 golden rare)

    MNC DoverübergeekThe Judge
  • JuliusJulius Registered User regular
    The regular brawl pack was of course 40 dust.

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Is this week's Brawl better than last week's?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    it's basically a standard "random decks" brawl except you get a 0 mana spell that does the Zephrys effect, and shuffles a copy of itself into your deck

    3Unc6CD.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ahhh, the Wishes brawl. That's not too far off from my prediction of how it would work!

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • envoy1envoy1 Registered User regular
    My brawl was real easy. Played against a warlock who discarded the 0 mana zephrys spell and instaquit after.

    ThawmusObiFettBeastehMarty81MMMigElvenshae
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This week's Brawl was 3 packs for me and, not surprisingly, 135 dust (1 extra Rare). Thankfully I completed it in one game, even though I only saw 1 Wish and my opponent got 2 Kalygos. Turns out 3 Loathebs, Scargill, and 2 Underbelly Anglers are pretty good.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I made aggro warrior and it is hilarious beating opponents who guessed wrong and held their slow value cards thinking you're control only to get punched repeatedly in the face until they die on turn 6

  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I made aggro warrior and it is hilarious beating opponents who guessed wrong and held their slow value cards thinking you're control only to get punched repeatedly in the face until they die on turn 6

    That’s one of the main strengths of aggro warrior, isn’t it? That people mulligan wrong against it?

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I would say no. It's a strong deck even if your opponent doesn't pass the first 3 turns.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    DibbyBeasteh3clipse
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    You can wasp inner rage rampage and bloodsworn mercenary and just outright kill your opponent fairly often if you aggressively mulligan for the pieces

  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Wow. I managed to beat a quest Paladin with Bomb Warrior!

    Miracles can happen.

    I just went full yolo to the face with everything I had.

    Fortunately he never drew Zilliax to pull off any serious life gain turns.

    PSN: Holy-Promethium | Hearthstone: Muffinatron#2495 (EU)
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Also while that Gunspire deck is cool, -10 points to Kripp for not having a deck code anywhere. Not on the Youtube channel, not on the Twitch clip, nowhere. Sucks.

    Wat. He has a link to the Hearthpwn deck that he swiped it from: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1306975-legend-blackhowl-gunspire-combo-warrior

    Code:
    AAECAQcEFhzUCIHtAg2QA6IE/wf7DJ3wApvzAtH1Ap77ArP8Avr+AqOLA5+hA9ypAwA=

    ?username=KoopahTroopah&theme=light

    Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN/Xbox - 1639-6388-9968/KoopahTroopah - Switch
    ThawmusMMMig
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Also while that Gunspire deck is cool, -10 points to Kripp for not having a deck code anywhere. Not on the Youtube channel, not on the Twitch clip, nowhere. Sucks.

    Wat. He has a link to the Hearthpwn deck that he swiped it from: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1306975-legend-blackhowl-gunspire-combo-warrior

    Code:
    AAECAQcEFhzUCIHtAg2QA6IE/wf7DJ3wApvzAtH1Ap77ArP8Avr+AqOLA5+hA9ypAwA=

    Yeah, it wasn't in the video credits at all. That should be like the minimum effort.

    Also, thanks for the code!

    steam_sig.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    VS #140 is up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-140/

    Quest Shaman as a single deck is more popular than any other classes archetypes combined despite being a middle/low T2 deck. Combo Priest remains the best deck at all skill levels with Murloc Paladin, Reno Hunter, Aggro Warrior, and Control Warrior comprising the rest of T1 and top of T2.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Dafuq? No frost nova?
    g3prrwycaaya.jpg
    xkzb70b3k1ck.jpg

    forty
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    wow yeah, frost nova would have won you the game

    steam_sig.png
    JuliusKoopahTroopahfortyBeasteh
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Opponent wasn't threatening lethal on the board and I don't think Zeph looks more than one turn ahead?

    Last pint: HFoD v.13 / Fremont
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Thawmusforty
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Opponent wasn't threatening lethal on the board and I don't think Zeph looks more than one turn ahead?

    Correct. He also doesn't know the contents of your hand.

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    Thawmus
Sign In or Register to comment.