Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Belruel wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    In other love news

I think I’ve posted before about late night incidents with my partner which seemingly culminated in me unwittingly participating in a low-key exorcism at like 3am

well, last night was spooky bedtime redux

I woke up to her whispering in her sleep continuously for a few minutes, which I didn’t think much of, so I waited until she was done and I rolled over to go back to sleep.

No sooner had I turned my back to her, I felt her jerk slightly towards me and let out a stream of loud and very rapid tongue clicking in my direction.

I layed still for a minute or so, very awake and thoroughly creeped out, not wanting to startle her. Then I turned back over and lightly touched her shoulder to relax her. She didn’t respond for a few seconds, and then suddenly SLAMMED her other arm down on the mattress with a forceful sigh.

She then happily rolled over, nestled into the sheet and started snoring.

Sleeptalking/walking is so fun. My boyfriend does as well, though my favorite is when he sleep screams, or sleep laughs because that's always super great. No late night exorcisms yet though.

I do all sorts of sleep talking, for better and for worse (one time I told a girlfriend that I was going to break up with her like a month before I actually did). Overall I'm not fond of it, as a person who enjoys secrets, but I have a few notable incidents that I like:

The first was when I was maybe 12 - my mom, my cousin, and I were all sleeping in the basement because the AC was broken. I began telling them a story about how I had sold my foot, which they recounted the next morning. Weirdly, I remembered my dreams for once, and they perfectly lined up with this - my foot had fallen asleep in the night, and I, fed up with its shit, went to a cliche "Arabian Market" and sold it to someone.

The second was my freshman year of college. My roommate's girlfriend was staying over, and apparently, partway through the night, I sat up straight, looked her dead in the eye, and let out a death rattle, then slowly lowered myself back into bed. I'm honestly a bit surprised I didn't get an exorcism for that one, but I think she just found it funny.

JedocElvenshaenever dieVeldrinSorce
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I got out of a fairly unhealthy long term relationship about seven months ago, started keto, joined the gym, lost a lot of weight and about a month back joined Okcupid. I've been on several dates and met two women I've hit things off with.

The first is definitely into me and wants to hook up. We've got some common interests, conversation is easy and we'd have spent more time together other than work making it awkward to find time. She has also recently gotten out of a LTR as well (it hasn't been said explicitly but it doesn't sound like it was a ammicable break up) and seems fine with it. She is vegetarian, which makes things awkward since I can't have a lot of certain vegetables and meat is a frequent part of my meals but it's a small potatos thing.

The second girl I've vibed much harder with although we only met a fortnight ago, we'll have the same thought at the same time or cut each other off mid joke, share a lot of interests in Egyptian history, scifi, space and is also doing keto, so it makes choosing places to go easy. I'm having a harder time getting a read on her, she's happy to take things slow and that's fine with me, I'm not really looking for anything immediately serious after how my last relationship ended.

I've been out of the dating game for a long time, so I'm in need of a second opinion I guess. I've been on two dates with both, and could see being great friends with either but if I'm being honest am more attracted to the second girl and don't want to lead on the first. I've mentioned to her when we first started talking that I was a bit gunshy about getting too serious but I don't want to treat her (and it wouldn't be fair to her) as a safety plan in case things don't work out with the second girl.

In the past all my relationships have been one at a time, I haven't been seeing multiple women at once and haven't dated in seven years so I'm not even sure expectations are after a couple of dates these days.

Is the answer I just need to have a candid conversation with the first girl before we get together next and discuss what she's looking for at the moment?

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    It's sounds like you already know the answer!

XaquinStraightzigodmodeMcFodder
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 16
    bloop

Brolo on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dawg why are you posting that here

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    It was a lot less bizarre when nobody knew anything about how anything works.

Not zero percent bizarre, but less bizarre than now for sure.

Edit: I should say the PERCEPTION of it was less obviously bizarre, I guess.

You know what’s bizarre? The word bizarre after reading this post!

(Seriously though I just had to double-check the spelling of bizarre because it looked so odd after seeing it written down so many times, hehe)
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I had a reverse finding religion moment when I said "wait, this is all hot bullshit" and I immediately felt a weight lift off me. I didn't have to hate or be afraid of people anymore! What joy!

Now everything sucks for actual, quantifiable reasons like climate change, our current president trying to drop a Third Riech remix and youtube influencers.

I totally feel you. I’m glad you had that revelation.

Now if we can just fix the country...

sig.jpg
    sarukunTonkka
    Dawg why are you posting that here

because i am Too Online

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You are deep in the Internet

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I say we kill the Internet.

I say we go do that. Kill the Internet.

I have no clue what's going on I came in after the edit I just want to kill the Internet.

XaquinJedoc
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I say we kill the Internet.

I say we go do that. Kill the Internet.

I have no clue what's going on I came in after the edit I just want to kill the Internet.

but where else can I get a chef's apron that says "kiss the ninja" I ask you!

Do as our ancestors did: make one from tree bark and the tendons of a moose.

that sounds like work to me

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My total experience of the church was in school at Christmas we would sometimes go to a church to sing some carols and for some reason we each had an orange with a candle stuffed in it.

Meeting an actual practicing Christian in the wild is novel enough that I never quite know how to handle it. Like meeting a person traveling from an exotic realm. I wanna ask loads of questions but they would probably be rude.

• JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    My total experience of the church was in school at Christmas we would sometimes go to a church to sing some carols and for some reason we each had an orange with a candle stuffed in it.

Meeting an actual practicing Christian in the wild is novel enough that I never quite know how to handle it. Like meeting a person traveling from an exotic realm. I wanna ask loads of questions but they would probably be rude.

Our Canadian is like that. She is deeply freaked by religion. Which is generally a helpful reflex for a librarian to have in this country!

But she'll bring me a flyer for the free summer feeding program down the street and be like "So it's free food for our kids, but it appears to be run by the Baptist church. We can't post this can we?"

And it's like dawg, we are a poor red state in the Bible belt, pretty much all the food pantries are going to be one brand of church or another.

She also hasn't built up the native Oklahoman resistance to random strangers telling you to have "a blessed day" or randomly proselytizing at you while you're helping them with the copier.

Canada must be nice.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Doodmann
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    I have had to try to untangle my faith from American Christian Culture. I think American Christian Culture has a pretty wide spectrum, from ok to really toxic, but that it's more bad than good at this point and I don't really want to have anything to do with it. At the same time I'm not really interested in a church that's so unmoored that it doesn't really have any doctrinal stance at all because there are things I believe and things I want to be clear about not believing.

I grew up in a very evangelical family, my dad was an assistant pastor for a while, and I saw firsthand how petty and awful people were to my mom when she wouldn't conform to their idea of what a pastor's wife should be. Likewise I saw how they treated their pastors as disposable and how their human needs were treated as inconvenient, and all of that pretty well convinced me to steer clear of The Church.

I dunno man, working through it all is a Real Thing.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Our Canadian is like that. She is deeply freaked by religion. Which is generally a helpful reflex for a librarian to have in this country!

But she'll bring me a flyer for the free summer feeding program down the street and be like "So it's free food for our kids, but it appears to be run by the Baptist church. We can't post this can we?"

And it's like dawg, we are a poor red state in the Bible belt, pretty much all the food pantries are going to be one brand of church or another.

She also hasn't built up the native Oklahoman resistance to random strangers telling you to have "a blessed day" or randomly proselytizing at you while you're helping them with the copier.

Canada must be nice.

That would be so weird.

PsykomaSolarCelloFlarneSnicketysnickwebguy20Peter EbelSorce
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I have had to try to untangle my faith from American Christian Culture. I think American Christian Culture has a pretty wide spectrum, from ok to really toxic, but that it's more bad than good at this point and I don't really want to have anything to do with it. At the same time I'm not really interested in a church that's so unmoored that it doesn't really have any doctrinal stance at all because there are things I believe and things I want to be clear about not believing.

I grew up in a very evangelical family, my dad was an assistant pastor for a while, and I saw firsthand how petty and awful people were to my mom when she wouldn't conform to their idea of what a pastor's wife should be. Likewise I saw how they treated their pastors as disposable and how their human needs were treated as inconvenient, and all of that pretty well convinced me to steer clear of The Church.

I dunno man, working through it all is a Real Thing.

The two denominations that I'd point you towards are the Episcopalians or the entirely inaccurately named Evangelical Lutherans (who are not Evangelical in the American sense not are they particularly apt to proselytize)

Formal doctrine, progressive politics, boom

Peen
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Based solely on congregants I have known and without ever having attended any of their services, my favorite denominations are the Unitarians and the Quakers.

One of my former librarians is a Quaker about my age, and just being in the same room with her was like having a little bit of a comforting hug all the time.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    ShortyElvenshae
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The Unitarians weird me out because their politics are pretty solid but they formally lack doctrine

I should also point out here that I'm not actively a Christian, in the sense that while I hang out with Episcopalians a lot and totally jive with them, I don't personally uphold the Nicene Creed as a core belief set woops

If anything I label myself as Buddhist but the only temple I have active ties to is literally on the wrong side of the planet

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    All of my family in the maritimes are religious, like go to church at least once a week religious. I grew up going to church every week but now only go for midnight mass at christmas because partly it's tradition that we get to open one present after midnight mass before needing to go to bed.

I think the only thing that hasn't put me super off it is that I can't remember a time where they talked about religious outside of church, and the churches we've gone to haven't been the (at least as far as I saw), the super judgmental and hateful, it's all just been "love your family and friends". Like these are go to church every week people, and my grandmother was go to church multiple times a week, and watch mass on tv on days when she couldn't go to church, and I didn't lose a single family member over being trans.

Psykoma on
    US evangelicalism is a whole, new, special level of what the fuck

sig.jpg
    MorivethsarukunShortychromdomDouglasDangernever dieSolarDoodmannElvenshaeRorshach KringlegodmodeVeldrinOghulkwebguy20chrishallett83JoolanderSorceEinzelCaedwyrvalhalla130Hacksaw
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Based solely on congregants I have known and without ever having attended any of their services, my favorite denominations are the Unitarians and the Quakers.

One of my former librarians is a Quaker about my age, and just being in the same room with her was like having a little bit of a comforting hug all the time.

my partner was raised unitarian; she's not religious, but her parents are good people and everything I hear about it makes it sound pretty good, as far as these things go

I have a lot of respect for Quakers--they've actually taken the moral stands I'd expect most other organized religions to

Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    Doodmann
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    Plus their oats are delicious.

SolarElvenshaegodmodeSnicketysnickVeldrinSorceHacksaw
    edited July 16
    It's not that I identify with Unitarian philosophy so much, but it seems to be a community that manufactures fantastic people. There's a brand of Gen-X antiauthoritarian goodness in the world that I can't imagine being fully expressed via any philosophical path other than "It feels like we ought to go to church and talk about big questions, but it feels weird to lay down concrete answers. Let's meet up every week and just kind of noodle on that for a while."

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    ShortyJansonHacksaw
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Every time I check Facebook they're advertising their dating functionalities, and I can't really explain why I don't want my fb profile and dating profile combined, but I really really don't

Cello
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I know a bunch of Unitarian Universalist folks from my book club and they're all good people. Also mostly aggressively leftist but that may just be a product of which of them I've been introduced to.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I’ve heard nothing but good about UU places/people

sig.jpg
    also re: sleeptalking

Q6qDIJU.png

i never remember talking in my sleep, so my wife also has to tell me what the hell I was talking about the day after, and I'm always mystified as to what I was actually thinking about

TynnansarukunSolarJansonGrey GhostchromdomDoodmannMorivethElvenshaelonelyahavaSporkAndrewgodmodeVeldrinOghulkwebguy20NightDragonchrishallett83JoolanderSorceEinzelBhowHacksaw
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    religion in general is something that is so not present in any of my daily life or interactions
    which is interesting
    life in nyc as a college educated millennial i guess

i think the big questions / purpose of life / philosophy of living / finding meaning stuff is interesting though, and is something that maybe isn't talked about in as organized a way in its absence
    i had a big phase the other year of listening to a lot of On Being / reading a lot of Brain Pickings; conversations with authors / religious people of different sorts / philosophers and reading various books on the subjects

perhaps i should get back into that kind of thinking

poo
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Q6qDIJU.png

i never remember talking in my sleep, so my wife also has to tell me what the hell I was talking about the day after, and I'm always mystified as to what I was actually thinking about

Oh man you talked to the vacation dinosaur?

Brolo
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

Q6qDIJU.png

Oh man you talked to the vacation dinosaur?

e2rtyatmwq2b.jpg

ShortyMorivethTynnanBroloJansonJedocShazkar ShadowstormSolarElvenshaeI ZimbraSporkAndrewfurliongodmodeSnicketysnicknever dieGrey GhostVeldrinOghulkwebguy20sarukunKetarchrishallett83JoolanderSorceEinzelChallElbasunuSassoriButlerHacksaw
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    I was picturing a much more ryan north-esc vacation dinosaur

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    My grandmother was raised Catholic, but nowadays she will loudly proclaim that if she ever enters a church it will crumble and collapse around her.

Endless_Serpents
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited July 16
    I go with my in-laws on let's see: Easter, mother's day, Father's day, their birthdays, near Christmas although not on Christmas, and I think that is it. As an atheist this is less then ideal but for my wife's sake I go and behave. They are deeply religious in a way that pretty old southern people tend to be. My brother and parents are religious but I have been an atheist my entire life. My wife was religious but as she became more educated she is more agnostic now.

Since some of you are not from the US, and most of you from here are not from the South, you can't really understand the reach of Christianity in the area. There are at least 7 churches I know of within a 10 mile radius of my house. Probably more I am forgetting. It is strange to me to drive through a town and not see a church every two or three miles.

Edit: I should have added I live in a relatively small town as well. In one of the bigger towns you could triple that number no problem.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Juggernut
    edited July 16
    They don't call it the Bible Belt for nothing.

I listened to a woman interviewing for an insurance position while at the coffee shop today and they were talking about God's calling and their ministries.

For a job interview.

Maybe it was a Christian based insurance company. That's still weird as hell.

How do they handle Acts of God?

Juggernut on
    furliongodmode
    They don't call it the Bible Belt for nothing.

I listened to a woman interviewing for an insurance position while at the coffee shop today and they were talking about God's calling and their ministries.

For a job interview.

Maybe it was a Christian based insurance company. That's still weird as hell.

How do they handle Acts of God?

obviously you did something super wrong to risk god's wrath

so that flood is on you

godmodeNightDragonJoolanderSorceGvzbgulEinzelBhow
    House destroyed by fire and brimstone, huh?

You uh, you didn't have any Sodom and Gamorah-ing going on, did you? That's not covered under your deductible.

ElvenshaeJoolandervalhalla130
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Every time I check Facebook they're advertising their dating functionalities, and I can't really explain why I don't want my fb profile and dating profile combined, but I really really don't

My facebook was a fake name till they made me change it because I refused to show they a id saying it was my real name
    Other than that my facebook has no friends I refuse to friend people on it and generally use it to talk to Games workshop

I just find it odd when various things like Amazon my battlenet account and other things have a log in with facebook thing
    Why? Why would I do that? that seems lazy

Brainleech on
    uZ8dEmG.jpg

love thread what would this even taste like

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Cereal is out of control

It's so off the rails they made chicken and Waffles cereal

Uriel on