Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I have recently realized I am not ready to date (or at least actively online date) by the fact that none of my conversations seem to go anywhere and I'm like fine with it.

I'm not sure if that's the case; some people are just so indifferent to having conversation that I dare to say they're boring.
    I have realized that I should implement a hard rule against using any small banter along the lines of "how was your day"; it's filler, not personal, and just lobs the burden of engagement to the other person

My old strat for getting around this was to make things more temporally open ended. Especially with new people. "How's your day going" is lame, cause odds are it was average cause that's what average means.
    "What was the last dope thing you did? I'd say mine was *short fun story*" gives them some if your interests/personality, let's them share theirs, or ask you questions! And if they don't do any of that then they ain't talking anyway.

Or, take a cue from the TV thread (I think)

"What's the largest dog you've seen and why?"

We were renting a cabin in a mountain town in Colorado and there was a St Bernard just kinda wandering the little cabin-neighborhood. He was a good boy.

I went to a dog beach in Santa Cruz and swear some lady had a full grown wolf there. I would not be surprised if it weighed 200lbs

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    Depressperado
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I dunno if there's wolves or supposed to be wolves around my neck of the woods/suburbs but I think I saw one last night while I was driving.

it ran right across the road and through a field. At first I thought it was just a deer, we get a lot of those dummies playing Frogger, but it was big and gray and loped like a very large dog

on second thought, it might have just been a very large dog. But what was he doin' out there at 2 AM? That's past bedtime for good dogs!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    A friend of mine has a Newfoundland and he is a good big boy.

DepressperadoASimPerson
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Rhodesian Ridgeback and I hated it because it jumped on people like a puppy when it was the size of a mountain lion

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I described someone to a friend recently as "not my usual type" and she asked what was my type and without thinking the first words out of my mouth were "brunettes with bad attitudes"

And you know what, I think that's a good starting point

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    MorivethDepressperadoSimBenChiselphaneOghulkDoodmannwebguy20DrZiplockShortyElvenshaegodmodeVeldrinTonkkaJoolanderNightDragonSporkAndrewSorceKruitesarukunArmorocThe Escape GoatHacksaw
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    if I had to drop a preferred attribute, I think it would be "oh, Chun-Li thighs."

or hazel eyes, I can get lost in some hazel eyes

Doodmannwebguy20sarukunArmorocDisruptedCapitalist
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I like nice people.

BobbleAistanArmoroc
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hold on I'm gonna go write a song called "Hazel eyes, Chun-Li thighs"

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    DouglasDangerchromdomBrovid HasselsmofDepressperadoFlarneDoodmannnever diewebguy20ShortyProlegomenaBobbleElvenshaehonovereDyschrishallett83LabelgodmodeVeldrinTonkkaASimPersonBrolopookaCrimson KingJoolanderNightDragonSporkAndrewSorceMagic PinksarukunArmorocThe Escape GoatDisruptedCapitalistHacksawNaphtali
    I like women with loads of brains and opinions and a zest for life, like they care about the world and what's going on in it. I'd not say that's particularly attractive by itself but if it's not there I definitely find it unattractive. "I don't care about politics" and other such ignorant statements put me right off.

DepressperadoMortal SkyDoodmannnever dieNightDragonMagic Pink
    As does being a Tory

JansonShortychrishallett83SporkAndrew
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My type seems to end up being a mix of clever, pretty, and also drops the "oh I'm not in a place where I can be in a relationship" line the minute I start getting attached

Depressperado
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 9
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I dunno exactly what my "type" is but I seem to be a type for a certain kind of lady.

I think half my matches they either have neon hair, multiple nose rings and tattoos. Or a combination of all three. I'm not complaining I just think its interesting?

I am a vanilla ass lookin' dude whats got no interesting accoutrements or doodads 'pon my bod.

I may not be remembering you right but my mental image of you features a styling beard and a general amount of "hench". So if you're vanilla you're at least the proper vanilla with real beans in.

Edit: I'm not sure how this reads so if it's weird or creepy then sorry

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    Mortal SkyLaOsPsykomaElvenshaechrishallett83godmodeASimPersonpookaNightDragonlonelyahavaSorceMagic PinkJoolanderArmoroc
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Juggernut's got beans, y'all heard it here first!

• SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    I like girls fhat are even cornier than me, which is a HIGH bar

sig.gif
  • OghulkOghulk biggest externality low-energy economistRegistered User regular
    I like my girlfriend, she's my type

raoADVy.png
    SimBenXaquinSolarBobbleElvenshaehonoverechromdomDepressperadoNightDragonSorceJoolandersarukunArmoroc
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I like people that are smarter than me. I'd like to try to date someone without clinical depression, because apparently that's my actual type.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    Depressperado
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Thinking back over my wife and dating history, my type appears to be "sarcastic people who lift."

I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    Doodmannwebguy20ElvenshaeNightDragonSorceMagic PinksarukunArmorocThe Escape GoatDisruptedCapitalist
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Politics and religion would be the two dealbreakers for me if I were dating now

Ugh, my biggest fear would be one of my kids growing up to vote republican. However, if they did, I would have obviously have failed hard as a parent and would be to blame

sig.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Ugh, my biggest fear would be one of my kids growing up to vote republican. However, if they did, I would have obviously have failed hard as a parent and would be to blame

Or...the republican party (in that many years time) has collectively pulled their heads out of their asses.

Slim chance, but could happen.

"zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
    ElvenshaeSorcesarukunNaphtali
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Please don't look at my beans!

• ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I like nice people.

not me, lemme at those mean gals

Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Or...the republican party (in that many years time) has collectively pulled their heads out of their asses.

What indication has there been since...We'll be generous and sayyyyy Nixon that any of that is going to happen?

SimBenAistan3clipsechrishallett83Einzelsarukun
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 9
    The Republican party hasn't been worth a damn since some time before 1912

Even then, almost in the moment of it's birth, it advocated westward expansion and genocide

DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    DoodmannJansonShorty3clipse
    I dunno exactly what my "type" is but I seem to be a type for a certain kind of lady.

I think half my matches they either have neon hair, multiple nose rings and tattoos. Or a combination of all three. I'm not complaining I just think its interesting?

I am a vanilla ass lookin' dude whats got no interesting accoutrements or doodads 'pon my bod.

I may not be remembering you right but my mental image of you features a styling beard and a general amount of "hench". So if you're vanilla you're at least the proper vanilla with real beans in.

By "hench" do you mean, like henchman?

Because yeah I could see myself being a henchman. I got the thug brow and shady eyes. Usually don't say anything important to the plot and get routinely knocked into giant death laser turbines by much prettier people in suits.

DrZiplock wrote: »

What indication has there been since...We'll be generous and sayyyyy Nixon that any of that is going to happen?

Oh, none at all.

But the country elected a fuckwit of a reality star and failed businessman to the highest political office in the land, so things that one would think/hope/assume are out of the realm of possibility are apparently in play again.

"zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
    Elvenshaesarukun
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular

By "hench" do you mean, like henchman?

Because yeah I could see myself being a henchman. I got the thug brow and shady eyes. Usually don't say anything important to the plot and get routinely knocked into giant death laser turbines by much prettier people in suits.

Hench is UK slang for well-built, muscular. We Aussies sometimes use staunch in the same way.

Solar
    edited October 9
    Man be hench bruv

Solar on
    godmodeNightDragonMojo_Jojochrishallett83Armoroc
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Love thread I just got back from the cinema where I watched a screening of Metallica playing S&M2. It was great. And James Hetfield looks like a cowboy grandad but when he's up there screaming For Whom The Bell Tolls in his tight black jeans, woof, it gave me the vapours.

KwoaruXaquinDrZiplockJedoc3clipsePlatyRorshach KringleMcFodderTonkkaVeldrinnever dieProlegomenaNightDragonSporkAndrewlonelyahavaSnicketysnickSorceMagic PinkKamirochrishallett83sarukunShortyArmoroc
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ah, I forgot S&M2 was happening! I don't really like Metallica all that much but S&M is an absolute masterpiece.

I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
  • PlatyPlaty anything but regular Registered User regular
    When I went to visit Angelina there was a red brick toilet with words on the side asking me if I would like to be built like this brick toilet

Veldrinchrishallett83
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Cowboy grandad?

I'm wearing a Carhartt shirt with Levis and a pair of Ariat boots. Fuck, I was supposed to be a sailor grandad; what happened?

hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    S&M2 looks so good. Those metal grandpas have an incredible energy.

It was really good. Quite different to last time. They played a lot of newer stuff which I don't know because I haven't really listened to anything since the first S&M, but I still enjoyed it, which is saying something because hearing songs for the first time live can be a challenge. They also had the symphony play some straight up classical by themselves, and one guy did a solo on what I think was an electric double bass that was really good.

I think my favourite bit though was this one guy on the front row of the strings, playing a cello or double bass (I dunno, one of the big standy-up ones). Every time the camera showed him he had a big smile on his face. He was clearly having so much fun.

chromdomElvenshaeVeldrinSolarLabellonelyahavaSnicketysnickSorcePlatyJedocTonkkanever dieArmoroc
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I didn't know this was s thing

I now need this thing.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    smof, you gotta check out Death Magnetic. it's a fucking great album.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
    Their last album was actually pretty decent as well if not a bit meandering. They have an issue where the keep trying to cram in 3 songs worth of riffs into one song and it gets a little old but the first couple tracks are serious bangers.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Putting myself through the wringer, for no good reason really. I'm leaving my side job at the end of the month because I no longer need it, and there's a woman there who I thought was a good friend and she just doesn't care at all. And it's made me reconsider how we've interacted and maybe we were never friends in the first place and it was just me hoping for something that wasn't there. Not even on a romantic level; just, well I don't know the right word, an actual connection. I know nobody owes you a return on emotion but it still hurts like hell and I already grapple with loneliness as it is.

Thanks for a place to vent, I don't really have anyone I could talk to about this; ironically the one person I would have felt comfortable discussing it in person with is her, lol

• chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Cowboy grandad?

I'm wearing a Carhartt shirt with Levis and a pair of Ariat boots. Fuck, I was supposed to be a sailor grandad; what happened?

Buy a boat, become a cowboy sailor.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Cowboy grandad?

And then you could ride your pony on your boat.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Cowboy grandad?

And then you could ride your pony on your boat.

Out on the ocean?

Elvenshae