As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Folks I am tired in body and soul and I know not whether relief may lie beyond the next horizon

stop copping my bit

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    My favorite sandwich is mayo, cheddar, pickles, and sweet hot mustard on toast

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I like pickles a lot, but only by themselves, not combined with anything else

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Crunchy peanut butter?

I will not consider it.

Peanut butter with peanut M&Ms in it?

Sounds good to me.

I... oh man, I can just go and do this, can’t I

Like, I don’t have to ask permission or anything hey

I can just dump a bag of mini m&ms into a jar and mix them up and nobody is going to stop me huh

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Not gonna lie this all sounds pretty tasty

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    church is so boring

as a child I thought it was a boring waste of time

as an adult I can choose not to go! and I never will!

Man: I wish those bloody bells would stop.

Wife: Oh, it's quite nice dear, it's Sunday, it's the church.

M: What about us atheists? Why should we 'ave to listen to that sectarian turmoil?

W: You're a lapsed atheist, dear.

M: The principle's the same. The Mohmedans don't come 'round here wavin' bells at us! We don't get Buddhists playing bagpipes in our bathroom! Or Hindus harmonizing in the hall! The Shintus don't come here shattering sheet glass in the shithouse, shouting slogans-

W: All right, don't practice your alliteration on me.

M: Anyway, when I membership card and blazer badge back from the League of Agnostics, I shall urge the executive to lodge a protest against that religious racket! Pass the butter knife!

W: WHAT??

M: PASS THE BUTTER KNIFE!! (pause) THANK YOU! IF ONLY WE HAD SOME KIND OF MISSILE!

W: 'OLD ON, I'LL CLOSE THE WINDOW.

M: WHAT?!

W: I SAID, I'LL CLOSE THE WINDOW!

(Sound: Window closing, bells get faint, but are still there)

M: If only we had some kind of missile, we could take the steam out of those bells.

W: Well, you could always use the number 14-St. Joseph-the-somewhat- divine-on-the-hill ballistic missile. It's in the attic.

M: What ballistic missile would this be, then?

(Sound: Bells begin to get increasingly louder)

W: I made it for you, it's your birthday present!

M: Just what I wanted, 'ow nice of you to remember, my pet. 'ERE!

W: WHAT?

M: THOSE BELLS ARE GETTING LOUDER!

W: WHAT?

M: THOSE BELLS ARE GETTING LOUDER!!

W: THE BELLS ARE GETTING LOUDER! OOOH, LOOK!

M: WHAT?

W: THE CHURCH, IT.. ITS COMING CLOSER! ITS COMING DOWN THE 'ILL!

M: WHAT A LIBERTY!

W: ITS TURNING INTO OUR LANE! WELL, YOU BETTER GO PUT IT OUT OF IT'S MISERY.

M: WHERE'S THIS MISSILE, THEN?

W: IT'S IN THE ATTIC. PRESS THE BUTTON MARKED CHURCH!

M: 'OW DO I AIM IT?

W: IT AUTOMATICALLY HOMES IN ON THE NEAREST PLACE OF WORSHIP!

M: BUT THAT'S ST. MARKS!

W: IT ISN'T NOW, LOOK!! OH, ITS OP'NING THE GATE.

M: WHAT? USE THE MEGAPHONE!

W: IT'S OP'NING THE GATE!! 'HURRY UP, ITS TRAMPLING OVER THE AZALIAS!

(Sound: Missle launch, explosion, bells diminish)

M: Did I 'it it?

W: Yes, right up the aisle.

M: Well I've always said, There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he really doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not.

Is this a Monty Python bit?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I will say, at least in Australia and it would not surprise me if it happened in other less religiony areas is that there is probably more religion in England and Canada than you think, it's just way less public and as an adult you just tend to group with people of a similar background as you.

So many of the kids that I teach believe in religion, I've seen flat out rat bag kids having an argument over scripture on the basketball courts and I once let slip that I was an atheist and you should have seen the shock and concern these kids had for my eternal soul. But as an adult I don't really see people like that because the majority of my friendship group see things the way I do.

There's a LOT of new churches springing up in the more blue-collar Hills suburbs.

Shit Forrestfield already has like 6 different churches and there are two more planned as far as I know?

There's a strong resurgency in Christianity, at least that's how it seems to me. There were a bunch of small churches in Lynwood catering to specific nationalities when we lived there (there's the Korean evangelical Christian church, the Somali Christian church, the Filipino Catholic church, the Sudanese Orthodox Catholic church), there just feels like there's a very hard push from most major religions to kind of recruit more followers from my point of view. Even in Chidlow back when I was young there was only like two churches, and now there's four or five, and the population hasn't really grown very much at all.

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    Ok but have you all tried peanut butter and pickles

Or my ultimate peanut butter, pickles, banana and jelly sandwich

One thing I had when I was a kid and I've never had again was celery sticks with peanut butter in the groove, with a toothpick "mast" and a cheddar cheese slice stuck on the toothpick.

Honestly I don't remember them being bad, the peanut butter was tasty enough that I happily ate the celery stick it was in (despite otherwise successfully avoiding celery in my life) and finishing off with the slices of cheese.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I go with my in-laws on let's see: Easter, mother's day, Father's day, their birthdays, near Christmas although not on Christmas, and I think that is it. As an atheist this is less then ideal but for my wife's sake I go and behave. They are deeply religious in a way that pretty old southern people tend to be. My brother and parents are religious but I have been an atheist my entire life. My wife was religious but as she became more educated she is more agnostic now.

Since some of you are not from the US, and most of you from here are not from the South, you can't really understand the reach of Christianity in the area. There are at least 7 churches I know of within a 10 mile radius of my house. Probably more I am forgetting. It is strange to me to drive through a town and not see a church every two or three miles.

Edit: I should have added I live in a relatively small town as well. In one of the bigger towns you could triple that number no problem.

Oh there are no shortage of churches in England. The oldest ones are like 1500 years old so that's plenty of time to build up a collection. We have 13 churches within a mile radius of our house. Just I don't think that many people go to them.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I feel as if most Christians in the UK are very Christian-light at least compared to the US.

Like you’ll almost never be asked if you go to church, or what church you attend, and religion just doesn’t factor into many conversations.

It took me two decades for me to discover my bff was Christian. I kind of assumed she wasn’t as she never mentioned church and her family didn’t have the same prudish hangups my family did. I only really found out when she got married.

Other things that aren’t common, even amongst the most devout Christians in the UK, include crucifixes on walls or bible verses as decor or Christian bumper stickers on cars.

Janson on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Me being the one non-Christian in the family means when I visit for 0Christmas, I get to make sure breakfast doesn't burn in the oven while everyone else is at Mass. Which means no one has to wait additional time afterwards to eat, and more importantly, I get first dibs.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I went to church as a kid just long enough to get communion and confirmation so I could continue going to the Catholic school board, which both had a knack for not constantly overspending and being in debt compared to the public one, and had burn courses in religion that boosted my average nicely

It did have an actually useful mandatory class on World Religions in Grade 11, which I actually quite enjoyed anyway

Though compared to the US equivalents it sounds like it was much more sensible in teaching us actual sex ed, e.g. yeah sure abstinence is 100 percent effective whatever but ALSO y'all heard about condoms?? Here's how to use them and the effectiveness rates of all currently available birth control methods!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    church is so boring

it is, one of my favorites from the Contractual Obligation album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_sOX7clRrs

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Well I paid for okcupid

Well that sure is mostly 19 year olds messaging me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Well I paid for okcupid

Well that sure is mostly 19 year olds messaging me

this may be good or bad, depending on a few factors

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im 25 so no thanks

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Me being the one non-Christian in the family means when I visit for 0Christmas, I get to make sure breakfast doesn't burn in the oven while everyone else is at Mass. Which means no one has to wait additional time afterwards to eat, and more importantly, I get first dibs.

Who's having a blessed day now????

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I went on a date when I was 24 with a 19 year old

Worst date I ever had

• Options
    church is so boring

it is, one of my favorites from the Contractual Obligation album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_sOX7clRrs

Ha, I KNEW I recognised it, but I've only ever heard that album once, and it was decades ago.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I think on reflection, even 19 year olds wouldn't want to date a 19 year old.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    when I was...23, I think, I dated a 19 year old for a couple months

she had no idea what she wanted

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Folks I am tired in body and soul and I know not whether relief may lie beyond the next horizon

stop copping my bit

hey you guys should watch Support the Girls
    PBR? yes please!
    also I'll never die

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I did not go on a date till I was 19
    When I was 21 I was dating a woman whom was 27 at the time

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Honestly the minute I turned 21 my lower dating boundary became 21 and I've never regretted that move once

heck at age 24/5 even dating 21/22 year olds feels weird as hell because that gap between college undergrad and the "real world", which happens at 22-23ish for most people, is a heck of a thing and most people at that stage have just not emotionally been what I'm looking for

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am very nearly 10 years older than my partner and when I think about it mathematically it bothers me a tiny bit

but spending time with her is a breeze and we click perfectly so I guess we’re old enough that it doesn’t matter.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    when I was 19 I was 'dating' a 24 year old

it got reaaallllll awkward since I was living at home and commuting to school

and she had already graduated, purchased a condo with a roommate, and had no intention of letting anyone know we were "together"

so she'd have me up for a weekend, but only after her roommate (who worked nights at a bar) had gone out or was already asleep

so I could come over, but only after like 10:00 pm, and then I'd be kicked out in the morning at around 6:00 am

we'd watch movies, cook dinner, do a sex, and like... pretend things were normal for a while, and that was nice

but for all that it was exciting to be with someone who was way more established and mature than I was, it kinda sucked being somebody's embarassing secret

it probably contributed to this nagging fear that I wasn't actually worth loving that dogged me for most of my 20s

Brolo on
  • Options
    actually hmm

that started in october of 1st year

so technically I was 18 for most of that

• Options
    I think that once you’re both close to or over 30, a 10 year age gap ain’t as big of a deal.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    There were a couple of people in one of my parenting groups who were married at 18 and had 4 kids by 23-24 and I wonder how they’ll feel in their 30s

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Tired, probably.

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    There were a couple of people in one of my parenting groups who were married at 18 and had 4 kids by 23-24 and I wonder how they’ll feel in their 30s

Going back to the church discussion - this kind of thing is rife within the evangelical circles I’ve been part of, to the point where it’s actually disturbing.

The concept of a proper family needing to have a “quiverfull” of kids in order to be considered complete, combined with the already messed up attitude towards sex education and support, results in so many young and uninformed marriages jumping straight to making as many babies as possible as soon as possible.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I had a nice 2nd date with a nice person and I guess things happened and it had been some time but I dunno how I feel about it or my desire to date or I dunno

I’m not in a good place to date maybe

But maybe I should just go on more just to learn more about me and idk I’m under no obligations just because I go on a 3rd date

poo
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

stop copping my bit

PBR? yes please!
    also I'll never die

This is uncanny. Stop please.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

stop copping my bit

PBR? yes please!
    also I'll never die

Oh god Which one do I shoot WHICH ONE DO I SHOOT

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »

stop copping my bit

PBR? yes please!
    also I'll never die

Oh god Which one do I shoot WHICH ONE DO I SHOOT

Rorshach Kringle is the one who will be subtly trying to edge his way directly in front of the gun barrel, Grey Ghost will be trying to convince you to shoot yourself.

• Options
  • Options
    Completely off topic but I want to learn how to play the mountain dulcimer.

It's a very pretty instrument that I think is more or less a North American native?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Was this the thread I was gushing about weaving in?

I think so.

Well anyways, my towels are fine and off the loom. I ended up making three, probably could have squeezed in four and the last one is kinda long.

But since it's cotton, they'll shrink in the washer.

So tomorrow I'm gonna cut them apart, then they go into a hot wash and a tumble dry and then, boom. Towels.

So. Excited.

My next project is to make some rainbow cotton washcloths/dishcloths from some rainbow and bright pink that my kid picked out.

Might try to play with some pick up sticks to make texture.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    when I was...23, I think, I dated a 19 year old for a couple months

she had no idea what she wanted

in fairness I've dated 30 and 40 year olds who had no idea what they wanted

I'm not even sure I know what I want, but I know what I don't want.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    To be consumed alive by wasps? I don't want that

This discussion has been closed.