As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I had a dream that I was in some kind of demon or orc army or something

but I was leaping from roof to roof across this old time-y castle city, absolutely savaging dudes

it was like playing the Alien in Alien vs. Predator and I have never felt more free

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm sorry I've been busy! I haven't listened to any NEW Vaporwave in a while but I do really like Diskette Park!! Particularly Zip Drive!!!
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Also "Forever Zefiro" I subscribed to Business Casual on Bandcamp for $5 a month and you get a buttload of Vaporwave with that

Thanks for this! I don't think I've listened to any Diskette Park before (unless on some mix and I never realized), so I basically listened to it my whole shift from what I could find on youtube (Vapor Memory is a good channel)

I'll have to check out that Business Casual sub

I love this stupid music

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    In a few weeks, I will be living the dual Income no kids life with my girlfriend

We're not going to be swimming in money by any means, but this partnership should help us both out tremendously

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    And hopefully you enjoy it too!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yes, it will be great! I'm feeling very good about everything :D

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My date today had to raincheck and it threw me off because I was looking forward to it and feeling good about it

But
    I took myself on it
    Went on that walk in the park around sunset
    Checked out the bar we were possibly gonna go to
    Got a glass of wine
    Woulda been a pretty good date!
    Was a pretty good date actually

This is awesome.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    It’s amazing what expenses kids add.

At first I was one of the ‘kids aren’t that expensive’ people because in terms of material needs, they have very few. And many people will throw used clothes/toys at you, at least when they’re young. Kids are cheap to clothe and feed.

But if both people work, childcare often costs as much as one person’s paycheck, but if one parent stays home, you have to factor in the impact that has on their career years later.

Add in healthcare costs (at least in the US) plus the need for a certain size of accommodation (like, legally, most places only permit 2 people per bedroom, so having even one kid results in having to rent at least a 2 bed) and yikes, the kid that only costs you $100 a month in food and clothing actually costs you $2,000 a month in other costs.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah the child care blowssssss. our little one is about to go to enfant school with the SO going back to work. Freaking $1500 a month and it doesn't cover all food and materials like diapers.

We were thinking of a 2nd kid, but I'm not sure I want to be spending $3k a month just on child care. That's the same amount as my mortgage.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    My date today had to raincheck and it threw me off because I was looking forward to it and feeling good about it

But
    I took myself on it
    Went on that walk in the park around sunset
    Checked out the bar we were possibly gonna go to
    Got a glass of wine
    Woulda been a pretty good date!
    Was a pretty good date actually

This is awesome.

I mean I still kinda wish the date had happened but it was pretty good overall

poo
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yeah sorry that was a bit tactless, I didn't mean the date not happening was awesome. I just think you dealt with it in a cool way.

Oh I was not offended I am just restating the lack of date disappointment
    Especially since it was a good one!
    What if the rain checked date isn’t as good!

But yes I recommend taking yourself on a date

poo
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Last night my girlfriend and I had dinner at a friend’s house. My friends just got a 7-month old puppy, maybe Shiba Inu/Collie mix? Anyway she’s the most precious and perfect and I can’t wait to hang out with her again.
    ptek4c6fy0bd.jpeg

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... and the dog was pretty nice, too?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I have been hitting the dating apps hard since my move to VA with 0 results thus far. Mostly Bumble and Tinder with a sprinkling of Hinge.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Get on okcupid!

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    OkCupid hasn't done much for me in VA in a pretty long while (but it was definitely better near DC than Richmond)

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Spent the last 5(6?) evenings together, and I have a big day at work tomorrow. It's going to take all of my strength to say no tonight.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I have been hitting the dating apps hard since my move to VA with 0 results thus far. Mostly Bumble and Tinder with a sprinkling of Hinge.

Match, my dude.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    But I don't wanna pay money

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well then don't? I guess?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    All depends on what you're looking for and if you view it as an investment in your time and what you'd like out of the experience.

Having to pay, even a little, means you're instantly discounting a large portion of the population that is just sightseeing, or not into anything serious, or leaves it up forgets and never responds, etc. It's just a barometer for if they're taking it seriously too. And don't get me wrong, there is exactly zero wrong with not taking it seriously - just goes back to the "whatcha looking for and what do you want to get out of it" questions.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    With the free apps all I'm wasting is time. If I pay for one then I'm also wasting money in addition to time.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Time is money, friend!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Time is money, friend!

Beware the living.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Time is money, friend!

Jokes on you, my time is worthless.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    My time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Into the future.

Lady was feeling down last night, so no hangouts, which is totally cool. I sent an encouraging text for her to wake up to, and got a lovely good morning reply. I was super nervous about the response, and now we're going to meet for drinks to celebrate her schedule change. The celebration is mostly because these shifts mean a better chance at earning more, but also because weekends will align better for more hangouts.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    My time isn't money because i'm chronically unemployed.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I saw this on Etsy and immediately thought of @Gustav

il_794xN.1452872500_ghbt.jpg

Fun fact I just learned this week. One of Girl Gang started a relationship the exact day mine started.

This lead to me having to learn the term cuffing season

aGPmIBD.jpg
    I am going to be really sorry if I Google that, aren't I?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I googled it and it seemed really mundane.

Whew

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

man i'm bi and I could use a fancy new spiralizer under my Christmas tree

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hahaha what the fuck is that

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    holy shit I lost it at the drill

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    holy shit I lost it at the drill

vrew vrew

Lol cool the woman who postponed the date to today now did not respond to me when I was try to confirm yesterday

A week is enough to lose excitement I guess
    I mean I also was previously excited and less so after moving it twice

But now I guess it no happen

Oh well time to give up on dating till after my thanksgiving trip

poo
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

What is “under my Christmas tree” a euphemism for?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

What is “under my Christmas tree” a euphemism for?

punching the taint

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

i'm bi and I literally have that exact spiralizer

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.