As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Now listen to this

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    he's short enough to go pitch a fit in an NYC bagel shop

What is this a reference to?

There was a video going round a few days ago of a shorter guy chucking a narny in a bagel shop, verbally abusing the women in there, claiming he’s discriminated against for his height, and just generally being a misogynistic twit.

Is his height really important to the story?

Actually yes
    he is constantly screaming about it in the video

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I wasn't interested in the Gundam phone game until watching the trailer with Austin's reaction and now I'm also gonna lose a lot of money on it

you're in luck

there's a free to play ps4 game that's getting localised too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TfKOQ2y7dM

FUCK OFF

WHY DO THEY WANT TO BANKRUPT ME

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Wait, didn't the Base Set Charizard's Fire Spin have you discard two Fire Energies? That one says 3.

Edit: yep, I wasn't imaging it.

148917.jpg

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    They used to be slightly less messy

rBEFl0A.jpg

But yeah, they aren't the best-designed cards in the world

Most cards still more or less look like this

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I honestly thought the bagel thing was a Seinfeld reference

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

That's what cards look like?

Squintsquint

someone needs to have a talk with their graphic designers.

Just the fancy super pokemon. Most of them still look like the old cards, just cleaned up a bit.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah the one last page is the 20th anniversary edition of the card, they had to adjust for power creep

none of the original sets of cards are legal anymore

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    yeah the one last page is the 20th anniversary edition of the card, they had to adjust for power creep

none of the original sets of cards are legal anymore

And you wouldn't want to use em anyway because lordy was the powerecreep bad

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Hearing Austin talk about Fire Emblem has sold me 3000% on this game holy shit it sounds like everything I could ever want.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Ahh, yeah I figured it might had been a classic reprint that was adjusted to accommodate for power creep when I thought on it a bit.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    How much incest does this new fire emblem contain

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    struggle session is a good leftist podcast and one of the few trans affirming podcasts. Full disclosure i appear in two episodes. Im on the dead space episode and the punisher episode

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    How much incest does this new fire emblem contain

Actually it's not incest because she's really over one hundred years old, she just looks like a child.

no wait

It's not incest because even though they've lived their whole lives believing they were siblings, the secret kept by their parents is that she's actually a dragon.

there that's it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the double secret is that they're both dragons and whoops they're real siblings again oh no

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    They're Double Dragons?

I didn't know the new Fire Emblem was a beat'em up

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    As a kid, I was always annoyed they never fought a two-headed dragon.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I wasn't interested in the Gundam phone game until watching the trailer with Austin's reaction and now I'm also gonna lose a lot of money on it

you're in luck

there's a free to play ps4 game that's getting localised too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TfKOQ2y7dM

FUCK OFF

WHY DO THEY WANT TO BANKRUPT ME

Me: eh I don't know if I'll play this

Also Me, seeing 0.3 seconds of the Zudah on screen: WELP!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah but putting money in is a pain in the ass

This is a perk for me in any f2p game

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    As someone who doesn't watch F1, I may listen to Shift-F1 this week anyway.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Fuckin’ Lincoln Ghost-ass plan right there.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man, if anyone is lookin for a bad time the cover story of the latest Mother Jones regards the rage and grief and despair of climate scientists and let me tell you it is short on laughs

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i cannot imagine being a climate scientist right now.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    As someone who doesn't watch F1, I may listen to Shift-F1 this week anyway.

It's not even close to over, per some people on the f1 reddit who have followed this case closely
    Here's a rough idea of what happened.

Will Storey has realised the jig is up, and has gone to a really, really shady company called The BDG Group. They bill themselves as 'unlicensed insolvency practitioners'. The idea is that licensed insolvency practitioners have a fiduciary duty to a company's creditors, whereas these spivs don't.

So Storey sells out to these guys (more likely he either gives them the company or pays them some sort of fee), and they get their own man in, and then they basically take care of winding up the company and selling up the assets while, as far as they are able to, sticking two fingers up to the people that Rich Energy owes money to. Diverting assets back to Storey, as well as diverting legal hassle away from him, would be a bonus. Changing the name is part of the plan, since obviously 'Rich Energy' is a hyper-toxic name nowadays. They want at least some lead time before people recoil at the name of 'Lightning Volt'

The evidence of this is that whichever admin clerk filed the first change of address paperwork fucked up and used 'The BDG group' as the first line of the address, before removing it, so things didn't look quite so bad.
    From the BDG Group website:
    We can help you avoid Insolvency proceedings, claims or prosecution for Insolvency Offences.

Shady fuckers. Thankfully Storey is personally a defendant in the Whyte Bikes case, so hopefully he won't just come out of this mess he created squeaky clean. Still, bankruptcy is just a slap on the wrist compared to the damage he caused.

No idea how UK corporate law works, but I hope there is recourse for Haas and the other shareholders to go after Storey.

Looks like they can even help him weasel his way out of the personal guarantee that he gave Haas.

Edit: Looking at the other companies that "Matthew Bruce Kell" is a director of, all of them had their name changed to something generic when he was assigned as director. Looks like this is standard procedure for the BDG Group when they take on a client and likely means that Rich Energy will not be coming back as "Lightning Volt". It's just a placeholder name to get the "dirty" name out of the spotlight until they wind up the company.

Basically storey has likely sold his stake for a few thousand euro to a company that professionally manipulates the UK legal system to help people like Storey stay clean

He'll still get the book thrown at him for the whyte bikes case though

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    CodeMasters has had to patch f1 2019 twice today because of the logo shenanigans with haas

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    EDIT: Uh, don’t know how this post got made.

Lost Canuck on
    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i cannot imagine being a climate scientist right now.

I assume it's like Dr. John McKittrick from War Games.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Old faces are a meme right now, but this one struck me enough that I felt I had to share it.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    We Hate Movieses group effort Andre the Giant impressions continue to be not only the worst thing they've ever done but the worst thing in the history of objects and concepts

• Options
    I can't read "The BDG Group" without thinking "The Brian David Gilbert Group", despite this whole thing seeming extremely unlike him

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh I do not like Grandpa Patrick, I do not like that at all

• Options
    In my scrying mirror I can conjure no image at all of an aged Patrick Klepek which is surely even grimmer

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Patrick looks like a thinner Jeremy Clarkson.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    That's some impressive image processing

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Patrick looks like a thinner Jeremy Clarkson.

Jeez, let's not be mean to Patrick here

• Options
    I love Austin talking about how his Professor Byleth teaches his students.

"Nah you're gonna keep learning that spear!"

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The new Fire Emblem is gonna consume my life, holy shit

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They Persona'd it!

I'm fucked!!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They Persona'd it!

I'm fucked!!!!

They already had me when they added dating mechanics in Awakening

Dating and Persona Harry Potter? Can I be pandered to any further???

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
This discussion has been closed.