As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/YbmKuBrDhow

check this shit out

Yo holy shit

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

check this shit out
    YOOOOOOO

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    i'm trying to think of what that animation style reminds me of

there was like a 90s era show on cartoon network or something similar, that sorta had the same big round eyes / uniform-thickness wiggly lines thing going?

anyone know what it was?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    now... if someone were to do a proper remake of dungeon keeper...
    Boy was that game a Big Deal to me when I was a young person. So much so that I was giving Peter Molyneux the benefit of the doubt for like... a decade-and-a-half after that.

There've been a bunch of "we loved Dungeon Keeper too" video games in the past five-ten years, but I feel like none of them really hit the atmosphere or the mechanics feel of the original.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Iratus seems to be Darkest Dungeon Keeper

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Rocket League needs an "avoid this player and send them recommendations for local therapists" feature

as does Overwatch

...probably any game where people get to communicate

Overwatch had this on release but people used it on good Widowmakers. It took forever for any high ranking Widowmaker main to find a match.

I maintain that the correct response to this was to remove Widowmaker

My hot take is that no multiplayer shooter has ever been improved by the inclusion of snipers

precisely

providing that experience makes one or two people happy with the price of a worse experience for everyone else playing

they were tolerable in TF2, barely, because the maps tended not to have long sightlines (2fort notwithstanding)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

there was like a 90s era show on cartoon network or something similar, that sorta had the same big round eyes / uniform-thickness wiggly lines thing going?

anyone know what it was?

It reminds me a bit of Sheep in the Big City, but I haven't actually seen it in forever, so maybe my brain is not working.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Rocket League needs an "avoid this player and send them recommendations for local therapists" feature

as does Overwatch

...probably any game where people get to communicate

Overwatch had this on release but people used it on good Widowmakers. It took forever for any high ranking Widowmaker main to find a match.

I maintain that the correct response to this was to remove Widowmaker

My hot take is that no multiplayer shooter has ever been improved by the inclusion of snipers

precisely

providing that experience makes one or two people happy with the price of a worse experience for everyone else playing

they were tolerable in TF2, barely, because the maps tended not to have long sightlines (2fort notwithstanding)

in fairness 2fort is a bad map and its popularity is precisely because playing the objective is functionally impossible so no one plays seriously there

• Options

anyone know what it was?

the animation team behind it made their name with the "baman piderman" series so you might be thinking of that

• Options
    So Stadia had an event and announced one (1) new game, Orcs Must Die 3

Everything else was either preciously announced or just revealing a Stadia port of existing games

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Everything else was either preciously announced or just revealing a Stadia port of existing games

including some real questionable ones

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Probably nothing terribly exciting, but Keighley's got a 2 hour show for the start of Gamescom streaming in about 15 minutes.
    Call of Duty, Death Stranding and Borderlands 3 talk is most of what i noticed them hyping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VucAVd7gNs

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So there's Gunkata in Watch Dogs 3 because Equillibrium was the coolest fucking movie for that college weekend it came out and we drove 3 hours to see it in another state and my tire blew on the way back.

And also this

Watch Dogs 3 sounds like it might actually be rad as hell.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Probably nothing terribly exciting, but Keighley's got a 2 hour show for the start of Gamescom streaming in about 15 minutes.
    Call of Duty, Death Stranding and Borderlands 3 talk is most of what i noticed them hyping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VucAVd7gNs

Gears 5 campaign trailer too.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

check this shit out

brb, changing my handle to "unsure furry on twitter"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

I don't know how they can make me less interested in the game at this point.

• Options

I'm at least glad to hear the OMD! series is still going to be around in some capacity.

I loved the first two games, and I personally enjoyed Unchained, but the transtion into a pseudo-moba (and also an expensive board game for some reason) always seemed ill-conceived

is it stadia exclusive?

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Update on the Ion Fury developer making a bunch of gross comments.
    We asked Voidpoint and 3D Realms, the game's publisher, for comment on Friday evening, but had not heard back until today.

"Members of Voidpoint’s Ion Fury team have made sexist and transphobic comments, and included homophobic language in Ion Fury," the statement sent to Game Informer reads. "We recognize these statements are insensitive, unacceptable, and counterproductive to causes of equality. We unequivocally apologize both for these comments and language as well as for any pain they have caused the gaming community, particularly women and members of the LGBTQ community. We take full responsibility for any damage that has been done to the relationships we've worked so hard to build.

"Moving forward, Voidpoint will institute a zero-tolerance policy for this type of language and all employees and contractors will undergo mandatory sensitivity training. As part of our efforts to contribute to the work that must be done to further support these communities, we are donating $10,000 from Ion Fury's release day proceeds to The Trevor Project. We are also patching Ion Fury ASAP to remove all unacceptable language."

As far as response goes, you can do a whole lot worse, I think. So take solace that even the House of Duke Nukem can grow up to not be complete shitheads!

• Options

I'm at least glad to hear the OMD! series is still going to be around in some capacity.

I loved the first two games, and I personally enjoyed Unchained, but the transtion into a pseudo-moba (and also an expensive board game for some reason) always seemed ill-conceived

is it stadia exclusive?
    It is, yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

is it stadia exclusive?
    It is, yeah

Aw, nerts.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Are they trying to pitch this as babby's first cyberpunk or something?

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Update on the Ion Fury developer making a bunch of gross comments.
    We asked Voidpoint and 3D Realms, the game's publisher, for comment on Friday evening, but had not heard back until today.

"Members of Voidpoint’s Ion Fury team have made sexist and transphobic comments, and included homophobic language in Ion Fury," the statement sent to Game Informer reads. "We recognize these statements are insensitive, unacceptable, and counterproductive to causes of equality. We unequivocally apologize both for these comments and language as well as for any pain they have caused the gaming community, particularly women and members of the LGBTQ community. We take full responsibility for any damage that has been done to the relationships we've worked so hard to build.

"Moving forward, Voidpoint will institute a zero-tolerance policy for this type of language and all employees and contractors will undergo mandatory sensitivity training. As part of our efforts to contribute to the work that must be done to further support these communities, we are donating $10,000 from Ion Fury's release day proceeds to The Trevor Project. We are also patching Ion Fury ASAP to remove all unacceptable language."

As far as response goes, you can do a whole lot worse, I think. So take solace that even the House of Duke Nukem can grow up to not be complete shitheads!

I'm genuinely surprised they went this far. I didn't see a lot of websites picking up on this over the weekend and given the guy in question is pretty high up at Voidpoint and was basically pretty dismissive of the criticism, I figured they would just wait for this to blow over. 'course that was before I knew about the in-game stuff, which might have tipped the scales.

• Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

To the widest audience possible? Definitely.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I imagine it's trying to do to cyberpunk what Skyrim did to western RPGs, so, yes

but they could have dropped this one particular lore concept now that we live in a world with functional robotic prosthetics and people who have them.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Wasn't the owner and founder of Voidpoint literally the person who made much of the transphobic comments on Discord? I kind of can't accept the sincerity if he is still in charge.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Honestly that's about as good of a response as I could have expected.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I don't know what that game is, but I am there for Later Alligator on day one!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Wasn't the owner and founder of Voidpoint literally the person who made much of the transphobic comments on Discord? I kind of can't accept the sincerity if he is still in charge.

Voidpoint still has to answer to 3D Realms, who aren't in a position to be sloughing off potential sales because one of their devs is a dickbag.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Was there any discernible gameplay in that Alligator trailer, sliding tile puzzle (which needs to be banned from games forever) aside? I mean, it looks cool, but what even is it

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Was there any discernible gameplay in that Alligator trailer, sliding tile puzzle (which needs to be banned from games forever) aside? I mean, it looks cool, but what even is it
    A collection of minigames and maybe some platforming with a narrative, it looks like

So basically Night in the Woods

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2079495/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-one-month-key-giveaway

Free 1 Month of Game Pass for PC from Alienware (while supplies last, 5k keys left as of this post).

If you have Ultimate, you can still use this and it will just extend your Ultimate subscription by less-than-a-month.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Imagine if Night in the Woods had an all alligator barbershop quartet rock band-like minigame.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited August 2019

like, the novalogic helicopter game??
    about the attack helictopter that never actually made it into production, having been scrapped 15 years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc3zGZnI6ak

apparently yes:

Brolo on
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    A collection of minigames and maybe some platforming with a narrative, it looks like

So basically Night in the Woods

It also looks to be a romp through NYC's weirder corners and characters, starring alligators.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

like, the novalogic helicopter game??
    about the attack helictopter that never actually made it into production, having been scrapped 15 years ago?

apparently yes:

Neat! I've been wondering where the arcadey helicopter genre went and would welcome a return of something Desert Strikesque...
    team-based online

aaand just like that I'm out

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Brolo on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    WAT

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    WHAT KSB2?!?!?!?!

This discussion has been closed.