As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Is Starbound good?

Do people like Starbound?

How does it compare to Terrarium?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    GET OUT OF HERE

*clapshandsrapidly*

GODDAMN TENNO TO YOUR OWN THREAD

*hissss*

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Starbound is neat but I found it weirdly punishing on the default difficulty. You lose ALL your shit when you die beyond what you have equipped, and it happened one too many times for me.

You can turn the difficulty to not do that when you die, so I might try that next time I try playing.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    starbound had less, I guess... directedness? to its player progression objectives than Terraria did, when I played it right at launch, it's been worked on a lot since then though so that is probably way different now. The different procedurally generated planets and monsters were not as interesting as Terraria's single large world with lots of interestingly different fixed biomes with non-procedural monsters.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    well I watched this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

so I guess it's the Witcher 3 for me tonight.

"Killing. Monsters."

it's just so good!

Depressperado on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

"Killing. Monsters."

it's just so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlNosLciNw

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

"Killing. Monsters."

it's just so good!

I saw! I am fuckin' jazzed!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Is Starbound good?

Do people like Starbound?

How does it compare to Terrarium?

I think it's pretty good! They just released version 1.4 which adds bounty hunting and vaporwave themed stuff!

I'm also a huge fan of their modding scene, which I wouldn't recommend to people just starting out. There's really good mods out there, but I'd say wait until you play through the vanilla game story and get your fill of the base gameplay. THEN start adding crazy fuckin mods

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    The fracken universe mod adds a lot of content to starbound as well. But def fun, I miss the otherwordly horror monsters of terraria but it makes up for it in different ways.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    Dixon wrote: »
    The fracken universe mod adds a lot of content to starbound as well. But def fun, I miss the otherwordly horror monsters of terraria but it makes up for it in different ways.

Yeah, Frackin Universe is amazing. Starbound and it's music and just everything gives me a feeling of isolation and loneliness that I can't get anywhere else. It's just too good. I've put nearly 1000 hours into it!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The rare double combo of "Is that really still a thing?"

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    what

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    . . .

huh

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Well shit, guess I'm reinstalling smite for a bit.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It can't be worse than the official RWBY manga.

• Options
    Out today (technically yesterday depending on your region)!

Jul 19 - Gorn

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    But when will we get the Gor game we deserve

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

My only exposure to RWBY is when it has a crossover in a game... so this tweet is my first time realizing that it’s spelled that way because of the characters names.

• Options
    Out today (technically yesterday depending on your region)!

Jul 19 - Gorn

Gorn is so much goddamn silly fun. Except for the time I threw a wild haymaker as hard as I could and smashed my wife's monitor off her desk. I thought I broke my thumb doing that. :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Also all the times I punched the ceiling fan

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I've been playing Streets of Rogue and kind of bouncing off it. It feels like it's one of those games with piles of content (over a dozen starting classes! Tons of gear and perks with esoteric effects! 15 different versions of equivalent healing items!) but it doesn't really feel like any of that matters, since utility items are rare, stealth kills don't exist by default, and enemies have ridiculous sight range and unpredictable pathing. So it seems like most encounters just boil down to "Am I going to get into a fight over this or ignore it?"

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    It looks like its more about randomness and fun storytelling moments than actual meat and potatoes gameplay. Im glad I watched a GB Quicklook because its pretty much not for me.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Nowhere Prophet is very good

Reports of kind of wonky AI are accurate, but honestly, I fucking need the AI to suck a bit if I want to get anywhere in this game, so right now, it's not bothering me

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    It looks like its more about randomness and fun storytelling moments than actual meat and potatoes gameplay. Im glad I watched a GB Quicklook because its pretty much not for me.

It's got lot of cool mini interactions like knocking on doors or poisoning the air but I like the wrestler where you can just throw everything

It's not for everyone but a great local and online coop game imo a solid entry

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

"Killing. Monsters."

it's just so good!

If I have one issue, it's that the music screams "generic fantasy trailer". I really, really hope the actual music in the series is as memorable as 3's.

• Options
    IRENICUS YOU FUCK

icGJy2C.png
  • Options

this seems like a difficult game to play on mobile

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I've about ten hours into Divinity 2 and think I enjoy it more than Kingmaker.

It's a lot more intuitive and now I can apparently respec whenever I want and that's pretty appealing.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    IRENICUS YOU FUCK

he's a real piece of work

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

"Killing. Monsters."

it's just so good!

If I have one issue, it's that the music screams "generic fantasy trailer". I really, really hope the actual music in the series is as memorable as 3's.

From the composer's instagram:
    Composers writing scores for shows and films are rarely involved in the trailer process! You’ll have to wait for when the show is out to hear the special soundscape we’re creating with Lauren and the rest of team. Hope this answers it! P.S. - there might be some domras!

• Options
    Phe first succesful streets of Rogue coop run completed

We was fucked as we drew ooze but took to long and got surrounded by it with objectives undone but we where in a pool room and my friend had two invincibility drugs do he spiked the pool. This let us dive in for 13s of freedom which got us the cash for revives, the objective and the level exit safely and then it got more insane.

This game has some cool ass mechanics

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    New Truck! Kenworth K100. Very nice. Definitely an adjustment driving a cab over versus a standard truck with a long snout.

bt2oze42uuvv.jpg
    qq9xw49arg5x.jpg
    i5a6w949gec4.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    hey @jedoc in your experience

do these reaper leviathans respawn? I'm getting mixed reports from google and that's frustrating.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I've never killed one. I respect my place in the food chain and just run like hell.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QclbkG1WnQ

it's a tiny handheld PC gaming device, like the GPD Win 2 but without the dedicated keyboard

Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.