As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    maybe "tiny" is a misnomer

7TyTKaw.jpg

it's a bit wider and significantly thicker than a Switch

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Sorry, I've never killed one. I respect my place in the food chain and just run like hell.

no worries. thanks anyway.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, did you go the stasis rifle+fusion knife route, or just Prawn the thing to death?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QclbkG1WnQ

it's a tiny handheld PC gaming device, like the GPD Win 2 but without the dedicated keyboard

Are those touchpads? Is it a steam controller?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I used the Prawn's drill arm. It grabbed me, and I bored into it. It let me go, I repaired the 20-30% damage, and then we had another bout. Takes a while, and interestingly (to me) it seemed driven towards the shallows. It got stuck on some coral tubes and I kept drilling into it.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QclbkG1WnQ

it's a tiny handheld PC gaming device, like the GPD Win 2 but without the dedicated keyboard

Are those touchpads? Is it a steam controller?

Yeah they work similarly to the steam controller

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    There's zero chance I'll ever pronounce it as anything other than Smatch Z.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    There's zero chance I'll ever pronounce it as anything other than Smatch Z.

HQuOPGb.jpg

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Watching the Giant Bomb Borderlands 3 video is really "yup, that is Borderlands" to the point where I could have mistaken it for Borderlands 2 if the models were a bit worse. I was Borderlands out on Borderlands 2 and it doesn't seem to add too much to make up for that and the things I didn't like about the first two games looking to still be there like a lot of fodder loot.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I picked up Neverwinter Nights enhanced edition in the last sale because it was like seven bucks

this game has not held up, I'm honestly shocked I put as much time into it as I did

• Options

HELL FUCKIN YEAH WE GONNA FUCK SOME FISHES TONIGHT

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

HELL FUCKIN YEAH WE GONNA FUCK SOME FISHES TONIGHT

6vtbuadgd7q1.png

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I like that the game has more licensed brands than species of fish

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I like that the game has more licensed brands than species of fish

Welcome to 2019.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    My PC was coming to the end of it's natural upgrade path (next would be CPU, which would require a domino chain that didn't seem worth it), so I decided to splurge some recent bonus cash on a new machine that was a tad more future proof (i7, RTX 2080, a boatload of ram). And I knew there was really only one game that could really show the difference between this and my old machine.

Guys, Subnautica is just so smooth now. I didn't think it could run this well.

Of course, I'm still in the opening biome, let's see what happens when we run into something bigger than Garryfish.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Longtime presence in the Starcraft community iNcontroL has passed away

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Whoa, I wonder what it was. Rest in peace.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Holy shit

Geoff was one of my favorite SC dudes to watch and listen to. And he even commentated one of the Bronze League tournaments the PA G&T community put together for charity. I had a lot of fun participating and hearing him joke about me and my opponent’s dubious choices.

I’m...more affected by this than I thought I’d be.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Holy shit that dude was so young, I really enjoyed watching him on SC2 events

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Yeah I just saw that via Day9. Can't believe it. What kind of fucked up illness was that?!

Also I really hope Anna Prosser is properly shielded from the inevitable garbage from the usual suspects

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    fucking shit we're the same age

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Holy shit

Geoff was one of my favorite SC dudes to watch and listen to. And he even commentated one of the Bronze League tournaments the PA G&T community put together for charity. I had a lot of fun participating and hearing him joke about me and my opponent’s dubious choices.

I’m...more affected by this than I thought I’d be.

yeah I am kinda shattered by this news

this is terrible

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    would post the 360 noscope cornshot youtube but a looooot of the jokes have aged very poorly.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I

Should have investigated more carefully the nature of Griftlands because I thought it was a turn based RPG and it is but it's also like a fuckin card game? I have literally no fuckin idea, if the card descriptions were written in Mayan pictograms I would be 5% less comprehending

• Options
    I

Should have investigated more carefully the nature of Griftlands because I thought it was a turn based RPG and it is but it's also like a fuckin card game? I have literally no fuckin idea, if the card descriptions were written in Mayan pictograms I would be 5% less comprehending

Yeah it's kinda like Steamworld Quest

you're doing deckbuilding but also tactical combat, and then there's an overworld with a story

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I have never deckbuilt I don't even know what a built deck looks like my fuckin deck is gonna be upsidedown with all the screws in backwards

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    would post the 360 noscope cornshot youtube but a looooot of the jokes have aged very poorly.
    So you're saying we should.... ban this sick filth?

edit: This video is the only time I've ever actually heard Bangarang, I had no idea it was the start of Skrillex's career or whatever.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I have never deckbuilt I don't even know what a built deck looks like my fuckin deck is gonna be upsidedown with all the screws in backwards

eG30fme.png
    transfer me 185000¥ and I will send you a fairlight excalibur, it is the holy grail of decks

• Options
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    That is quite the non-answer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The answer to the data cap question further on in that thread is even better.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    That reads like the way the guy on GB's E3 couch talked

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Ok, so it's not like I'm missing something.

That dude just didn't answer the question

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Ok, so it's not like I'm missing something.

That dude just didn't answer the question

q: what happens if my house burns down
    a: I get why you're worried about that. We all love our houses! I personally live in a house, a house is a great place for people to live inside of. Remember, the vast majority of houses haven't burned down yet. So you can rest assured that most houses are not on fire, and you'll always have the option of saving your personal property from your burning down house as long as you're fast enough. It's okay to doubt my words, but also remember that eventually the great flame will cleanse all of us, it will burn the world down until nobody can escape. We are but fuel for its eternal blaze!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

eG30fme.png
    transfer me 185000¥ and I will send you a fairlight excalibur, it is the holy grail of decks

That was such a great game

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

Phil Harrison's interview is even better in that regard:
    In an interview Friday with GameSpot, Google VP Phil Harrison said his confidence stems from US broadband providers' history of treating their customers well.

As he told GameSpot:
    The ISPs have a strong history of staying ahead of consumer trends and if you look at the history of data caps in those small number of markets—and it's actually a relatively small number of markets that have [data caps]—the trend over time, when music streaming and download became popular, especially in the early days when it was not necessarily legitimate, data caps moved up. Then with the evolution of TV and film streaming, data caps moved up, and we expect that will continue to be the case.

When GameSpot's interviewer asked if ISPs can really be relied upon to raise data caps to accommodate game streaming, Harrison didn't change his position.

"ISPs are smart [and] they understand that they're in the business of keeping customers happy and keeping customers with them for a long time," Harrison said.

You have to be either be incredibly naive to sincerely believe this or incredibly disingenuous to actually say all that horseshit.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    ISPs have taken every measure legally and sometimes questionably legally possible to fuck customers over because they have no competition

What are they going to do, go to a local ISP? Hah, even if that does exist they're probably licensing their infrastructure from the same major ISP anyway

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah, just, why would ISPs do any of that? They've got the playing field set up how they like it, and no one is going to make them change. The current FCC certainly doesn't give a shit.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2019
    Zxerol wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »

Phil Harrison's interview is even better in that regard:
    In an interview Friday with GameSpot, Google VP Phil Harrison said his confidence stems from US broadband providers' history of treating their customers well.

As he told GameSpot:
    The ISPs have a strong history of staying ahead of consumer trends and if you look at the history of data caps in those small number of markets—and it's actually a relatively small number of markets that have [data caps]—the trend over time, when music streaming and download became popular, especially in the early days when it was not necessarily legitimate, data caps moved up. Then with the evolution of TV and film streaming, data caps moved up, and we expect that will continue to be the case.

When GameSpot's interviewer asked if ISPs can really be relied upon to raise data caps to accommodate game streaming, Harrison didn't change his position.

"ISPs are smart [and] they understand that they're in the business of keeping customers happy and keeping customers with them for a long time," Harrison said.

You have to be either be incredibly naive to sincerely believe this or incredibly disingenuous to actually say all that horseshit.

Yeah, the real answer is that if your internet isn't good enough then get fucked, which is fine! This product simply isn't for everyone and doesn't have to be. The issue i have is back when Microsoft tried that level of honesty with the Xbox One they got raked over the fucking coals, so we now can't actually talk about the reality of products. We get these non-answers that rely on naivete for plausible deniability.

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.