As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Anodyne was weird, but great. I'll probably replay that before I get Anodyne 2

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Diablo 3 doesn't really open up as a game until you beat it the first time. The second run through is where stuff starts getting really crunchy. O haven't played it in forever though so that may not be so anymore.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Coolest thing about NMS VR is looking around the cockpit and seeing the wings/engines out the windows.

Flying with vr controls is the craziest thing what with actually having to grab the throttle and stick and hold the grip button to continue to use them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    West of Loathing is real good.

I got the $5 for three months of PC gamepass thing so I've got a bunch of stuff to try.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So I murdered the shit out of Zoltan Kulle.

Now I'm starting to worry about my magic friends that are fucking about with this soulstone. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and if there's one thing I remember from all the D3 memes that did the rounds when it came out, it was ψ Ć̴̛̻͈͔̣̭̇͠Ŏ̴͎͉̬̞͕̈́͋͂͘R̸̛͇̜͇̺̉͑R̶̡̬̺̹̔̋͒̅U̵̺͉͓̒̀̇P̴̫̓͌̅͆͝Ť̶͉̃̀͛I̶̡̩͔̺̺͂̓̓̐Ơ̷̱̘̗̪̍͗̈́͘N̵̡̛̜̞̱̓̌̅ ⛧
    I don't want to end up murdering Leah, because the Enchantress likes her and I'm also pretty sure the Enchantress is openly flirting with my character a fair bit?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what could pawsibly go wrong?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

This is also fine

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So GNOG was lovely, but man am I glad I didn't pay 10 bucks for it? It's hard, it is deffo a labor of love puzzle box, with amazing art and sound, but the fact is 10$ can get you a LOT of game, and this just isn't that. It's short and perfect, but has basically no replay value unless you are there to poke at the art and music again. All in all, perfect for EPIC to hopefully give them a payday and let it out there for free.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My favorite thing about Diablo 3 was my Demon Hunter and the Templar finding common romantic ground in murdering the everloving shit out of every demon in existence together.

Aistan on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

This is also fine

I'm not so sure...

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    yeah, so Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is real good even without a gamepad.

It just feels a lot better to go and trade and mine and figure out weird ways to make money, and generally it just feels good to play and be in.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

This is also fine

I'm not so sure...

*sips coffee*

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Interesting commentary by the Developer of DARQ re: Epic Exclusivity.

https://medium.com/@info_68117/why-i-turned-down-exclusivity-deal-from-the-epic-store-developer-of-darq-7ee834ed0ac7

Short of it is the Dev of DARQ put up a trailer saying the game was going to be available on Steam (on the release date). Shortly after, they got contacted by Epic about putting the game up exclusively on the Epic Store. DARQ dev decided against it given he did already offer and advertise the game as coming out on Steam but did ask if he could go up on the Store non-exclusively (I'm assuming without the big bonus), to which he was told Epic wasn't doing that right now. (At least for indie games as Cyberpunk is multi-store)

This is likely due to how their back end works (Suffice to say it doesn't seem like it was originally planned as a storefront, as every game and game update has to be added mostly manualy. (Incidentally, I wish I could find the article that mentioned this. If anyone knows, let me know.)) so I doubt it was malicious; it's still a bummer though.

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    The people who made Ion Fury are transphobic, so don't buy their game :(

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    freelancer was such a cool game
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    The people who made Ion Fury are transphobic, so don't buy their game :(

Ugh. Well, that's enough of them.

edited August 2019
    I am shocked, shocked to learn the legally-distinct-from-duke-nukem game dev people are shitheads

I am pretty pleased by how much that story seems to be blowing up in my internet search results for "ion fury developer" though, maybe people actually give a shit about transphobes in video games these days

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    West of Loathing is real good.

I got the $5 for three months of PC gamepass thing so I've got a bunch of stuff to try.

Oh yeah, forgot I had that. I need to finish up Loathing and Unavowed before my sub runs out.

steam_sig.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Ion Fury went and got itself milkshake duked.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Please, Der Waffle Mous.

Milkshake Duke, Royal Cousin to Burger King would never stoop so low as that.

Milkshake Duck though, fuck that guy.

fuck now I want a milkshake.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Don't worry Der Waffle Mous, I got the joke.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Rocket League needs an "avoid this player and send them recommendations for local therapists" feature

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Please, Der Waffle Mous.

Milkshake Duke, Royal Cousin to Burger King would never stoop so low as that.

Milkshake Duck though, fuck that guy.

fuck now I want a milkshake.

Where does the Earl of Sandwich fit into this family tree?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    being an actual person complicates things

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Earl of Sandwich is an old English person so I just assume he is racist.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Don't worry Der Waffle Mous, I got the joke.

I did too

I just wanted to make a joke about Milkshake Duke

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    While the Earl of Sandwich is a real person they are actually a witch made of sand named Earl, it's all very stupid

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Rocket League needs an "avoid this player and send them recommendations for local therapists" feature

as does Overwatch

...probably any game where people get to communicate

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Stone Story is a pretty alright semi-idle game so far, but the ASCII animations are beautiful. They're so fluid and impressive. There's even lighting effects and complex boss animations!

I ate an engineer
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Also play Wandersong, it was a really good game

I ate an engineer
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

as does Overwatch

I play world of tanks

you got no goddamn idea

What
    how much worse could it be!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

as does Overwatch

Overwatch had this on release but people used it on good Widowmakers. It took forever for any high ranking Widowmaker main to find a match.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »

as does Overwatch

Overwatch had this on release but people used it on good Widowmakers. It took forever for any high ranking Widowmaker main to find a match.

Yeah that was a problem for a korean pro player, right? She literally had to prove on stream that she was that good?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

TheStig wrote: »

as does Overwatch

Yeah that was a problem for a korean pro player, right? She literally had to prove on stream that she was that good?

I'm not sure what you're asking, they're talking about "avoid this player" buttons that make you not get matchmade with people and how that made high-level widow players have bizarrely long matchmaking queues

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That was Geguri, though it was much more because no one there would believe a lady would have tracking of her caliber. Offtank though, plays Zarya, D.VA, Roadhog.

She's in OWL now and the jackwagons that accused her of cheating quit (though one came back under a different handle).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    What

you get to play as Nazi tanks, take a guess

Crippl3 wrote: »
    What

you get to play as Nazi tanks, take a guess

Welp

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Yeah Holdfast has the same issue because Prussia.

This discussion has been closed.