Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

10 minutes is too long to not have a [MOVIES] thread

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I would be more excited about the Dolemite movie if Wesley Snipes wasn't in it

Learning that he apparently abused Halle Berry and beat her so badly that she went 80% deaf in one ear reeeeeeeeally soured me on that asshole

Whoa what the fuck

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    Centipede DamascusmanwiththemachinegunDarkPrimusZonugalShortytynicMagellshoeboxjeddygodmodeDarth WaiterCommander Zoomwebguy20TynnanSolarFencingsaxsarukunJohnny ChopsockySorcehonovereSnicketysnickKing RiptorStiltsRhesus PositiveRaijin QuickfootSweeney TomMidniteOlivawchrishallett83darunia1063clipseDonnictonbalerbowerMolotovCockatooBhowMunkus BeaverTransporterorangeusDyvim TvarFawstBear_thescondAndy JoeXaquinjgeisPreacherHappy Little MachineDysKwoaruWheatBun01Gnome-InterruptusMegaMan001JoolanderGreen
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    WELL THAT'S NEWS

6jomko.png
    KetarCentipede DamascusZonugalShortytynicshoeboxjeddygodmodeDarth WaiterCommander Zoomwebguy20TynnanFencingsaxsarukunSorceSnicketysnickStiltsRhesus PositiveRaijin QuickfootSweeney TomOlivawchrishallett83darunia1063clipseDonnictonBhowTransporterDyvim TvarFawstAndy JoeXaquinjgeisHappy Little MachineDysKwoaruWheatBun01Gnome-InterruptusMegaMan001Green
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Damn

What a piece of absolute shit

Andy JoeXaquin
    and it actually isn't news

she's been talking about it since 2011

this makes me....so much madder

6jomko.png
    BlankzillaGrey GhostZonugalShortytynicMagellshoeboxjeddywebguy20TynnanSolarFencingsaxsarukunKetarSorceKing RiptorStiltsRhesus PositiveRaijin QuickfootSweeney TomMidniteOlivawSirEtchwartschrishallett83darunia1063clipseDonnictonbalerbowerTransporterDyvim TvarFawstBear_thescondAndy JoeHappy Little MachineDysWheatBun01GreenDevlin_Dragonus
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Its apparently nearly a decade old news, just no one ever talked about it and the media didn't run with it

I wouldn't have known if my partner didn't tell me the other week

She never revealed the abuser, with many folks assuming it was Christopher Williams but he spoke up and said it was Wesley Snipes and that he never abused her

Fun times in Hollywood!!!!

All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    Rorshach Kringle
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    yeah jeez that's horrific, I can't believe that's been kept as quiet as it has

manwiththemachinegun
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular

Or 1996
    https://people.com/archive/cover-story-hurts-so-bad-vol-45-no-19/

well i sure don't feel better now

6jomko.png
    ZonugalFencingsaxsarukunSorcehonovereRaijin QuickfootSweeney TomMidniteOlivawJayKaosdarunia1063clipseDonnictonMagellDyvim TvarFawstPreacherGreen
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 14
    Edit: I'm dumb, I'm going to bed.

Centipede Damascus on
    tynic
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    why am I just now hearing about this

"Rorshach Kringle" aj you done fucked up not telling me

oh so now ya'll are gonna pretend like you listen to me

Rorshach for when you finally snap I just want to point out that I have never once made a joke about your recommendations.

Quire.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well now I feel worse.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    edited August 14
    Has Halle Berry ever specifically said it was Wesley Snipes? I can't find it if she did, and tbh I'm not going take the word of her ex because in that instance where he says Wesley did it he also blames her for the rumors that he did...

I haven't done extensive research, maybe Wesley Snipes is the only answer that makes sense, I'm just skeptical of taking a reading between the lines interpretation as 100% fact

Coinage on
    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
    BahamutZEROGnome-Interruptus
  • KetarKetar Ready to feel better about your own miserable lives?Registered User regular
    edited August 14
    One of those interviews said it happened while filming The Last Boy Scout, which filmed in 1991. She dated Wesley Snipes mainly in 90. In 91 she was dating Eddie Murphy, who would certainly be "someone well known in Hollywood."

But who knows. Someone she dated around then is a piece of shit. Some of her other exes have indicated it was Wesley Snipes, but it doesn't look like she's ever confirmed that and David Justice is anything but reliable. Various celeb gossip timelines make it more likely that she was with someone else by the time of that movie's filming, but those aren't reliable at all this many years removed either.

Ketar on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I am very okay with a movie that finally lets Emilia Clarke just be her actual incredibly charming self

6F32U1X.png
    GvzbgulSorceSporkAndrewchrishallett83sarukunSweeney TomLordSolarMachariusZonugalFencingsaxBear_thescondTicaldfjamLadaiJoolander
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    JEREMY RENNER'S MUSIC IS NOW IN A JEEP COMMERCIAL.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    GvzbgultynicJayKaos3clipseZonugalMagellFencingsaxTynnanDyvim TvarFawstshoeboxjeddyLadaiGnome-InterruptusJoolander
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular

A white man falling ass first upwards into success? You don't say!

King RiptorDouglasDangerFencingsaxDyvim TvarDarkPrimusgodmodewebguy20
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    honovere wrote: »

It's an actual original song called, "Sign" and it's bad. It sounds like a 40+ year old trying to be a boy band member.

I'd share the YouTube of it and tempt people to click it but that would be monstrous of me...

WHOOPS

Dyvim Tvarwebguy20Gnome-Interruptus
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular

Can I just say I can't stop listening to this

GR_ZombieDoodmannBear_thescondXaquinLadai
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

It's an actual original song called, "Sign" and it's bad. It sounds like a 40+ year old trying to be a boy band member.

I'd share the YouTube of it and tempt people to click it but that would be monstrous of me...

WHOOPS

Eh, it's no worse than 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts, or Dogstar, or The Pizza Underground, or or or...

• sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited August 14
    Mr. G wrote: »

I am very okay with a movie that finally lets Emilia Clarke just be her actual incredibly charming self

Gawd, Henry Golding is a DREAM BOAT.

sarukun on
    tynic
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

He steals a womans jeep in that

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Emma Thompson is not only IN Last Christmas, but she wrote it

6F32U1X.png
    Sweeney Tom2 Marcus 2 RavensFencingsaxCorporal CarlTynnanchrishallett83pookasarukunGnome-InterruptusJoolander

He steals a womans jeep in that

Umm....no. He's so cool they want him to drive their Jeep. And then he takes them off road instead of following the tour bus, showing a complete disregard for his fellow bandmates.

edited August 14
    If Renner Hawkeye jumped instead of Scarjo his brother Barney oddly nicknamed Clint could have taken over and you know acted like Hawkeye is supposed to

King Riptor on
    If Renner Hawkeye jumped instead of Scarjo his brother Barney oddly nicknamed Clint could uave taken over and you knoww acted like Hawkeye is supposed to

What?!?

If Renner Hawkeye jumped instead of Scarjo his brother Barney oddly nicknamed Clint could uave taken over and you knoww acted like Hawkeye is supposed to

What?!?

MCU Hawkeye is bad. I would like a good Hawkeye.

DouglasDanger
  • Clint Howard would make a great Hawkeye

GustavLegacyRorshach Kringle
    Wait... The original driver of the Jeep and her passenger are gone at the end of the commercial.

He did steal it... And killed the owners!

King RiptorDyvim TvarBahamutZEROGnome-Interruptus
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

god I hope this movie uses no cg

and it's just two dudes wearing red shorts in a dog-shaped fibreglass shell that people call "clifford"

Fencingsax3clipseTheStigTynnanDyvim TvarGnome-Interruptus
    Clint Howard would make a great Hawkeye

Wait do people not know his name is Clint Barton in the MCU?

Clint Howard would make a great Hawkeye

Wait do people not know his name is Clint Barton in the MCU?

I'm pretty sure he's been called Clint and Barton at different times.

FencingsaxAngelina
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Or 1996
    https://people.com/archive/cover-story-hurts-so-bad-vol-45-no-19/

oh fuck me

I would really like to be able to enjoy things but I guess powerful men constantly push against that notion

Commander ZoomSweeney TomFencingsax3clipse2 Marcus 2 RavensLegacychrishallett83OlivawDouglasDangersarukunDarth Waitershoeboxjeddy
    The Snipes thing is a little weird. I can't seem to find anywhere that she said it was him and it seems to be from the word of a couple of her exes that were also believed to have been responsible for it as well.

Not trying to exonerate him. Just saying the evidence is a little murky.

GvzbgulGnome-Interruptus
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Parasite looks sooooooooo good.

Raijin Quickfoot
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Ang Ferraguto of Blank Check totally cracked this movie open

All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    GustavSirEtchwartsStraightzihonovereSnicketysnick3clipseDyssarukunSorceshoeboxjeddyJoolander
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The "how Hawkeye is supposed to act" thing is a little bit fuzzy because Hawkeye is essentially two different characters pre and post Matt Fraction

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    FencingsaxOlivawDouglasDangerKwoaruGnome-Interruptus
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular

“Last Christmas I gave you my heart”

Oh god damnit

VnZ7Xbt.jpg
    JayKaosKyouguBlankzillaSirEtchwarts2 Marcus 2 RavensmrpakuLegacyhonovereDoodmannZonugalFencingsaxSnicketysnick3clipseFawstTransporterOlivawShortysarukunSorceshoeboxjeddyVeldrinLadaiiguanacusJoolanderDoctor DetroitFrylockHolmes
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The "how Hawkeye is supposed to act" thing is a little bit fuzzy because Hawkeye is essentially two different characters pre and post Matt Fraction

Yes bad Hawkeye and good hawkeye with a puppy

DemonStacey
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

“Last Christmas I gave you my heart”

Oh god damnit

FUCK.

Ladai