As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

10 minutes is too long to not have a [MOVIES] thread

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Totally would have been a Cloverfield if Paradox wasn’t such a trashfire

Paradox was great! You're a trash fire!

That's why I'm so good at recognizing other trash fires

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Netflix has ordered a sequel to The Babysitter, with McG returning to direct with American Vandal executive producer/writer Dan Lagana taking over scripting duties.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hmm
    I loved The Babysitter but man you're stretching a concept here

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Netflix has ordered a sequel to The Babysitter, with McG returning to direct with American Vandal executive producer/writer Dan Lagana taking over scripting duties.

This is good news

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

I guess you'd recognise your butt then

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hmm
    I would be less enthused if they didn't bring in the American Vandalman but that has me very intrigued

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

I guess you'd recognise your butt then

That would be a shitfire actually

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    This is reddit, so grain of salt, but apparently Disney's Mulan Actress Liu Yifei supports police brutality in Hong Kong.
    7vwzhx8i4kg31.jpg

The supposed post in question, if someone wants to do their own translating.

“I support Hong Kong’s Police
    You all can hit me”

Not exactly sure how the second line is supposed to be taken, but it sounds like she’s welcoming reactions to this controversial opinion, sort of a “come at me bro”.

So yeah, fuck you, gutter trash.

Also her movie would be banned in China If she said anything but that.

So brave taking a stand Disney lawyers reccomended

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hmm
    I would be less enthused if they didn't bring in the American Vandalman but that has me very intrigued

Please let the sequel just be a docu-drama about the events of the first one.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Saw a screening of Peanut Butter Falcon. Pretty good American Adventure Story, if a bit predictable and safe.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Paradox was dreadful what a hot shower of piss

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry would you prefer a cold shower of piss?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I'm sorry would you prefer a cold shower of piss?

In this heat? Yes.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Since when are people handing out piss showers round here

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    an ill-advised sequel that makes no sense kinda solidifies that throwback feel of the babysitter more for me

like a prom night sequel or a sleepaway camp sequel

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I only just realized that I was getting The Babysitter confused with that classic Vin Diesel vehicle The Pacifier.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Since when are people handing out piss showers round here

since time in memoriam

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I only just realized that I was getting The Babysitter confused with that classic Vin Diesel vehicle The Pacifier.

They're basically the same movie.

• Options
    Wait... The original driver of the Jeep and her passenger are gone at the end of the commercial.

He did steal it... And killed the owners!

Update to this...

I saw the commercial again. I don't know if I missed it or they added it but at the very end, he pulls up in the Jeep and the original driver and passenger are at his concert. So it looks like he let them ride on his tour bus while he drove their jeep there but then punished them by making them attend his concert.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Shannon Lee has responded, in grand fashion, to Tarantino's bullshit defense of his use of Bruce Lee:
    "He could shut up about it. That would be really nice. Or he could apologize or he could say, ‘I don’t really know what Bruce Lee was like. I just wrote it for my movie. But that shouldn’t be taken as how he really was,'” Lee declared in an interview with Variety. "One of the things that’s troubling in his response is that, on the one hand, he wants to put this forward as fact and, on the other hand, he wants to stay in fiction."

"[Tarantino] can portray Bruce Lee however he wanted to, and he did," Lee continued. "But it’s a little disingenuous for him to say, ‘Well this is how he was, but this is a fictional movie, so don’t worry too much about it.’"

Additionally, the section of the biography of Bruce Lee that Tarantino cited as evidence for his portrayal is, in reality, Linda Lee recounting a second hand story of a film critic recounting audiences betting on who would win, Bruce Lee or Mohammed Ali, and not something attributed to Bruce Lee at all.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    This is reddit, so grain of salt, but apparently Disney's Mulan Actress Liu Yifei supports police brutality in Hong Kong.
    7vwzhx8i4kg31.jpg

The supposed post in question, if someone wants to do their own translating.

“I support Hong Kong’s Police
    You all can hit me”

Not exactly sure how the second line is supposed to be taken, but it sounds like she’s welcoming reactions to this controversial opinion, sort of a “come at me bro”.

So yeah, fuck you, gutter trash.

I believe the "you can hit me" comment is referring to the Chinese police that were assaulted during the protests recently. It's a thing taking off on Chinese social media.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/14/751039100/china-state-media-present-distorted-version-of-hong-kong-protests
    But Beijing's biggest messaging victory so far was provided by Hong Kong protesters themselves on Tuesday night, when they descended on two men suspected of being mainland Chinese agents. Beijing made sure to widely disseminate videotape of the incident.

By the next morning, a third of top trending topics on the popular blogging platform Weibo were expressions of support for one of the men, a reporter for the hard-line Chinese newspaper Global Times. Viral slogans like "What a Shame Hong Kong" and "I support Hong Kong police, beat me all you want" have been shared millions of time on Instagram and Weibo, with some Internet users threatening to travel to Hong Kong themselves to avenge the Global Times employee.

"If you opened the Shenzhen port to Hong Kong now and waived the needed permit, I dare say that [these protesters] would have been beaten to a pulp," wrote one user.

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Given the ending I don't get why Tarantino feels the need for this bit to be historically correct. Tarantino kinda just sucks.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    an ill-advised sequel that makes no sense kinda solidifies that throwback feel of the babysitter more for me

like a prom night sequel or a sleepaway camp sequel

Please let it be as good as Prom Night 2.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Phasen wrote: »
    Given the ending I don't get why Tarantino feels the need for this bit to be historically correct. Tarantino kinda just sucks.

Because Tarantino is a giant racist weiner boy

• Options
    He could shut up about it. That would be really nice.

Wouldn't it though. Like about everything, forever, like a vow of silence

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

See I was confusing it with Adventures in Babysitting and was surprised a sequel was happening like 30 years after the original.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Neil Blomkamp is no longer directing Robot Returns.

So no leaning over to the adjacent person and whispering “that’s robocop”

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Or like, if someone sewed his stupid dumb ass mouth shut

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    God Popstar is so good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I am absolutely obsessed with

"Just one, but you are going to like it."

It is a perfect tiny little scene

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

Or like, if someone sewed his stupid dumb ass mouth shut

I'm not allowed to talk about that kind of stuff any more

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Couldn’t that same thing be said of the ones criticizing the portrayal of Lee for not being 100% accurate

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    I really oughta watch Popstar.

• Options
    Oh no need to wonder friend, "Tarantino just kinda sucks" looks great at the end of any sentence

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Couldn’t that same thing be said of the ones criticizing the portrayal of Lee for not being 100% accurate

It could. It would be dumb and/or goosey to do so, IMO.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I’ve been listening to the music of The Last Black Man in San Francisco today, and maybe you’d like to as well. It’s very good.

https://youtu.be/DC13FOJ8_CY

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I’ve been listening to the music of The Last Black Man in San Francisco today, and maybe you’d like to as well. It’s very good.

https://youtu.be/DC13FOJ8_CY

Oh hey, I watched this last night and thought the soundtrack was amazing!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

You took longer than I expected to make this post, your undying defense is getting sloppy

This discussion has been closed.