As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't forget to vac yer kubrow in the [WARFRAME] thread!

IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
edited August 2019 in Social Entropy++
I have a very simple question for you:
Would you like to be a ninja? In space? And kind of vaguely gross? Also everything is vaguely gross and the entire solar system is clearly in some kind of slow decline?

If the answer is yes, consider becoming a Tenno.

otaus0y5xt8w.png
Inaros, Chroma, Harrow, Saryn, Excalibur, Mag, and Octavia. New friends for you to meet and destroy eleven billion things with!

It's the SE++ Warframe thread!

So what is Warframe anyway?
Surprisingly this is a more difficult question to answer than you might think! Warframe is a free-to-play, massively multiplayer third person shooter/melee/acrobatics game with approximately 125 discrete resources that you collect via over a dozen different play modes, two free-roam open world exploration zones, an air combat mode, and probably some things I'm forgetting about. Oh, there's dogs, and cats, and you can pet them and they can come fight with you. It's made by Digital Extremes.

It's available on PC and every console.

You got any cool videos?
How bout this slick new intro video that is supposed be added to the game shortly?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O-yCnQKYhM

Or this fun animated thing that is a starkly accurate depiction of your first couple months in this game? Whoops, this is the wrong video, but it's also rad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408

Here's the one I meant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VuYCLelIO8

So what kinda baddies am I gonna tango with?
mf7lrwsxldzy.png
The Grineer, the dominant culture in the Origin System. What happens when a genetically engineered army of cloned miners rise up against their oppressors, only to find those oppressors are all gone? Centuries, possibly millennia, of gradual degradation of the original biological template and good old fashioned marshal law. The Grineer are out in force to find any technology to help their existential crisis. And you, Tenno? You'd rather they didn't.

9y832cprknvp.png
Money is power. Power to do the things you need. The things you want. Worship of money? Few centuries ago, distasteful. Now though? Profit. Profit is all that matters. Pray to it, lust after it, tighten your grip. Margins're slipping, what with the Grineer, and those things we don't speak of out on the Solar Rails. These reports of whole ships losing their crews, proxies in pieces, crewmen the same? It's bad, but these rumors will not stand. Promote those who need it. The Chairmen will have questions, and we must have answers.

uuiglci32krx.png
Something is out there. Something that looks at the ships, and stations, and the planets, and hungers. Ancient beyond ancient. Eats anything it can, flesh, steel, it doesn't care. No calls for help, just silence. Emptiness where there was life. So why are you immune?

Are there any forum clans?
Yeah!

PC:
The Space Knights of Arcadia
(I couldn't find who the main contacts are in the G&T Warframe thread. Anyone a y'all that might come into this thread, please lemme know.)

PS4:
QUEENS OF SPACE
Contact furlion or I guess me, I think I also can invite folks.

Switch:
Pax Arcadia
(Also can't find a contact in the two minutes I spent looking. Same deal as the PC folk, lemme know eh?)

IronKnuckle's Ghost on

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I was just making a much funnier OP...

Damn you IK ghost...

Here have just this little taste

iwizl10tx2qj.gif

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Why make a funny, good OP when you can just make one in three minutes with a lack of actual useful information about the game you'd like more people to come and play with you?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I was about to just make an OP consisting largely of a link to the G&T OP. I'm in the G&T PC clan as of the other day. Like many things in this game so far, I don't have a clear idea of what I can or should do, but I might be able to toss people invites. I did suspect I probably shouldn't hit the downgrade clan button...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Why make a funny, good OP when you can just make one in three minutes with a lack of actual useful information about the game you'd like more people to come and play with you?

Exactly!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Comment I was going to put in the steam thread:
    Rhino Prime is one of the best frames in the game. Faster and even more armored than base Rhino, its nutty. Nyx Prime is one of my favorite frames, good built-in polarities, slightly more shields and 3x as much armor. Can be real squishy tho even with those buffs, keep Mind Control on any Ancients or heavy units and spam Chaos.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So the question about Saryn in the PC gaming thread, I thought that once a prime version was vaulted it became hard to get? Is that not the case?

Because Saryn is great and if I hadn't been playing when the prime version was available I never would have gotten it given how far along in the progression the normal version starts dropping. Now that Saryn Prime is vaulted I thought it would be a pain in the ass for anyone who wanted to play that class.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yes regular Saryn is a serious pain in the ass to farm the blueprints for

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I need to get back into this - it's been a couple years but I do still have a fat stack of plat lying around

I kinda hit an awkward point where I have no idea how to progress beyond just running story missions, and for whatever reason the last time I tried playing for a few weeks I couldn't get a group together to run through a few of those missions

But there's so much new content out now I'm sure I could find stuff to do!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    But it was said that the Discord Nitro deal to get Saryn and a bunch of skins wasn't worth it because Saryn Prime is easy to get.

I don't understand how that works. Are you just buying the parts from other players? Would it end up being more expensive than paying Discord $10 for one month of Nitro?

Aistan on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm all about the Loki Prime.

Fuck the Security missions though

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man some of the Spy missions are annoying because I have no idea what to do to get to the console

I just ended up quitting out of one on Switch because I had deactivated SOME lasers, but there was ANOTHER bunch of lasers that... I couldn't find any switch for.

I'm sure it's something blindingly obvious that I just missed, though.

• Options
    Basically Saryn is amazeballs and I want everyone to have the opportunity to play as them.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    But it was said that the Discord Nitro deal to get Saryn and a bunch of skins wasn't worth it because Saryn Prime is easy to get.

I don't understand how that works. Are you just buying the parts from other players? Would it end up being more expensive than paying Discord $10 for one month of Nitro?

looks like people are trading saryn prime blueprint sets for 160-175 platinum on PC right now https://warframe.market/items/saryn_prime_set
    which is about $10 if you buy plat without a discount, which you should never do, so it's like $2.50 to $5.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

The thing I was saying is, I don't think it's worth it to pay for that for regular Saryn. You can get Saryn Prime, which has way more energy (tied for the most in the game) and armor, for about the same or cheaper from other players than what that pack costs, but that pack does have some cool cosmetics.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    So the question about Saryn in the PC gaming thread, I thought that once a prime version was vaulted it became hard to get? Is that not the case?

Because Saryn is great and if I hadn't been playing when the prime version was available I never would have gotten it given how far along in the progression the normal version starts dropping. Now that Saryn Prime is vaulted I thought it would be a pain in the ass for anyone who wanted to play that class.

things that have been vaulted for a long time are hard to come by, but nowadays people farm the SHIT out of stuff that is supposed to be vaulted so it tends to stay cheap for a while

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man some of the Spy missions are annoying because I have no idea what to do to get to the console

I just ended up quitting out of one on Switch because I had deactivated SOME lasers, but there was ANOTHER bunch of lasers that... I couldn't find any switch for.

Some of them you can just jump over/fall through as they move. Or there'll be a somewhat out of the vent you can wall jump to to get around them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I downloaded this game and I plan to give it a try once I get tired of fallout 4 and want to be an icky space boy.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah this is important advice for new players:
    A good thing to know about platinum, the real money currency, is that you don't actually need to buy platinum if you have the time and inclination to do some grinding. People who do buy platinum will trade it in exchange for prime parts and blueprints you get from cracking open void relics, especially the rare parts from the higher tier relics that drop in higher level missions. Don't trust trade chat for prices, they're generally trying to rip you off, use a resource like https://warframe.market to check prices and arrange trades.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Some of them you can just jump over/fall through as they move. Or there'll be a somewhat out of the vent you can wall jump to to get around them.

Yeah, maybe I missed it. These were not moving lasers, for sure.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Also, if you're just soloing and you can see the path to the hack other than the lasers, fuck em. Just charge through and beat the destruction timer. Let Lotus gripe. Better than throwing away time by aborting.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I was about to just make an OP consisting largely of a link to the G&T OP. I'm in the G&T PC clan as of the other day. Like many things in this game so far, I don't have a clear idea of what I can or should do, but I might be able to toss people invites. I did suspect I probably shouldn't hit the downgrade clan button...

You should be able to, yes. I'd have handled it, but I'm five days away from my computer, which makes things a bit difficult.

What you should do is build the Dojo key and head into the research labs to pick up anything that takes your fancy.

• Options
    I need folks to help me with the derelict boss

So I can finally get to eris

• Options
    I appreciate that for the social instances, there seems to always be an instance 69 in the list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Also, if you're just soloing and you can see the path to the hack other than the lasers, fuck em. Just charge through and beat the destruction timer. Let Lotus gripe. Better than throwing away time by aborting.

Also, buy the x10 cipher blueprint and build like 1000 of those things. Then when you hit a console to hack, just mash the 'Y' key on PC to auto-hack anything (dunno what button it is on Switch)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'd say it's worth learning how to do the hacks, but I always carry 10 ciphers in case of emergency

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    can't hack in sorties because god is dead

• Options
    That's true, learn to hack for the few times when you can't use a cipher, but otherwise just blitz through em.

Do what I did and farm for Ivara, you'll get real fuckin good at hacking and spy missions real quick (but on the flipside, you'll hate doing either afterwards, so you'll avoid spy missions and use ciphers for everything you can)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hey, I like Warframe!

My username is centipede_damascus and my fave frames right now are probably Nezha, Limbo, and Wukong (that Wukong rework made him so good).

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    That's true, learn to hack for the few times when you can't use a cipher, but otherwise just blitz through em.

Do what I did and farm for Ivara, you'll get real fuckin good at hacking and spy missions real quick (but on the flipside, you'll hate doing either afterwards, so you'll avoid spy missions and use ciphers for everything you can)
    Running lategame spy missions as a Loki or somesuch where you can just speedrun through the level is a decent way to farm affinity solo, so if you make use of that from time to time you'll get lots of experience with hacking as well, with less of an RNG frustration element. For me it's like, why would I ever use a cipher, hacking is quick and easy.

• Options
    Still want to do lephantas this weekend so I can finally get to eris

But I think I've got plans tonight.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Still want to do lephantas this weekend so I can finally get to eris

But I think I've got plans tonight.

I won't be on until at least Tuesday, but if you've not done him before then, or want to run him more, give me a shout. I'm Pixflare in-game.

• Options
    I got some help just now beating Lephantis

It went down super fast for how big it looked haha.

Now I have Eris unlocked. That's all the planets!

• Options
    basic lephantis is pretty darn easy, especially after the nerf where his vulnerable points stay open for way longer

pre-nerf sortie lephantis can eat shit forever though

• Options
    I hate sortie lephantis so much
    especially with annoying weapon restrictions like bows only

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I hate sortie lephantis so much
    especially with annoying weapon restrictions like bows only

He’s like 3x easier to kill than he used to be

That encounter is trash

• Options
    Also get a Lenz and spicy up those bow only missions

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I think the only weapon I've suicided more with than the Lenz is the Zarr.

E: which is because I run zarr with mirage, to be a one-man broadside.

MrGrimoire on
  • Options
    I don't think lenz solves the lephantis problem specifically, with his tiny weak points and massive sponge-like pile of HP

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lmao if you don’t use Lenz with mirage too

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Lmao if you don’t use Lenz with mirage too

I don't use Lenz, as it's not a pirate cannon.

While the effect is the same, the aesthetic is completely different!