As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seteth Has A Request Of You, And It's That You Play [Fire Emblem Three Houses]

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Whats the typical release time for nintendo's digital games?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Whats the typical release time for nintendo's digital games?

midnight EST/9 PST is the unlock, generally

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Oh nice. I would have expected something more stubborn from Nintendo like 11am the day of or something. If that ends up being the case then I can get that installed tonight for the commute tomorrow.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I normally don't work Fridays but I have to cover for a coworker, and come in early too.

Then I work Saturday and Sunday the entire day.

Doesn't my manager know I need to train my students to kill this weekend?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Which house has the rudest titties and asses

You're probably going to want to keep an eye on Professor Manuela.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I'm hype for this, but mostly on my wife's behalf. I've never really played them.

So instead it's motivating me to sit down and finally give Awakening a real try. It certainly seems like the kind of game I'd enjoy, I just never really got around to it I guess.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Awakening is a great introduction to the series and I hope you enjoy it!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Recruit Donnel ASAP for he is a good tin pot hat boy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Recruit Donnel ASAP for he is a good tin pot hat boy.

You mean Donnel, Destroyer of Worlds.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Donnell and Severa were MVPs for me in Awakening

Anyway I’m getting back to Echoes, I was only in Act 1 but apparently I had close to 30 hours in that game? I must have left it open at some point, because that does NOT seem right.

• Options
    Act 1 is pretty long and I remember you playing it for several days, so I’d say it could be right!

• Options
    Jesus Christ Edelgard, overkill much.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    game unlocked at 9pm, I knew moving to the west coast was a good idea

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Oh my God she's perfect

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    game unlocked at 9pm, I knew moving to the west coast was a good idea

Damn!

I just... have to work tomorrow...

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    This title screen song/video is pretty nice.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I realize it's an anime style, but I hope someday they pull an artist like Daisuke Ishiwatari to do the eyes/faces for their characters to help differentiate them.
    It's kind of in this anime sameness / uncanny valley at the moment. Super excited to jump in tho.

edit, actually maybe its the noses?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Claude is exactly the type of roguish dude I was hoping and I made the right call with my House

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edelgard just completely obliterated claude using only her words early on so I'm feeling okay with my choices

• Options
    The first mock battle pre fight strategy meeting has
    Claude proposing spiking the other House's food so that they will be sick during it and when you go "No, absolutely not" his response is to literally wink and go "Oh wink wink no I understand you could NEVER condone that gotcha"

He's a little stinker and I like em

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edelgard just completely obliterated claude using only her words early on so I'm feeling okay with my choices

I think there is something deeply wrong with my brain because my first read of edelgard is 'edgelord'

every. single. time.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    fuckin' of course the first student I can just recruit to my team from another house is that fuckboy Sylvain NO THANKS

• Options
    this game is going to eat me alive

• Options
    Welp stayed up till 5 AM playing this

I'm in trouble

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Claude proposing spiking the other House's food so that they will be sick during it and when you go "No, absolutely not" his response is to literally wink and go "Oh wink wink no I understand you could NEVER condone that gotcha"

That feels like a setup for a mass poisoning later on.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    fuckin' of course the first student I can just recruit to my team from another house is that fuckboy Sylvain NO THANKS

I will gladly feed him to the wolves to protect anyone else.

Oh, do opponent levels change if you're playing on Hard? The first battle after picking the House had every opponent at around level 3 while my Deer were all at 1.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I have procured a Switch. These controllers are weird.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I have picked Mean Lady House

AKA Hat House

AKA Goth House

AKA Haircut House

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    My biggest vote against the Golden Deer is I don’t like half the students in that house.

In contrast I like them all except that nerdo Ignatz and maybe Lorenz.

Marianne's tired eyes are very relatable.

This is me. I thought I only liked 2-3 of them but now I like all but Ignatz (although he's rapidly becoming a monstrous archer) and Raphael (I haven't got any of his support convos yet)

The support conversations have been surprisingly long and much less throwaway then they've been in a while, which I've been enjoying.

Lorenz has grown on me, I've been keeping Leonie around him to pop his ego bubble whenever it gets too large.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    klemming wrote: »

That feels like a setup for a mass poisoning later on.

The thing that caught my attention early on with Claude is that
    In the very first scene where you're looking at the three heirs Claude's says that his smile doesn't reach his eyes, which has me interested in where it could go, particularly since his very first support conversation with Lorenz casts doubt on his lineage.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man it sure seems like Golden Deer is the only one I can remotely see myself supporting

A monarchy or a theocracy, no thank you

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Welp stayed up till 5 AM playing this

I'm in trouble

This is why I didn’t even launch it last night, I knew I would not stop.

Now using a little bit of PTO to leave work two hours early, that was a great idea.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Man it sure seems like Golden Deer is the only one I can remotely see myself supporting

I have this creeping feeling that the Golden Deer will turn out to be a bunch of feckless, self-serving cretins eager to betray the rest of their alliance to either or both of said monarchy and theocracy, just to make sure that there aren't any designated "good guys".

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Ugh why do I have to work, this suuuuucks

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

To pick a House based on ought but aesthetics is a fool's errand

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Maaan this game just keeps getting better

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

To pick a House based on ought but aesthetics is a fool's errand

Look at this motherfucker who just walked in from Dragon's Dogma

• Options
    I love that the school's hourly chime is the Fire Emblem theme, it's the right level of cheesey just like how that theme song appeared in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Ok, just met everyone, definitely picking black eagles and stealing a few of the cooler people from the other houses.

Claude seems like a dingus and the blue team just did nothing for me.

This discussion has been closed.