As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seteth Has A Request Of You, And It's That You Play [Fire Emblem Three Houses]

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    got like, three paragraphs deep into speculating on how a fifth EVERYBODY'S FRIENDS NOW route would even work before I realized I was basically outlining some fanfiction

anways: overall I don't know how it would work at all, given...everything, and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be good from a story perspective, or at the very least it'd be worse than any of the main paths, unless they take some WILD swings

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Black Eagles, Crimson Flower, chapter 15
    ouch. Having to ice Flayn and Seteth wasn't fun, but I never got real close to either of em. Alois hurt though. Especially with his last words being to call out to Jeralt that he'd protected the monastery

Jesus.
    I've never had a showdown with Alois—I guess that only makes sense.

I think you got the best experience possible by going through and being made to feel the act of killing these characters, and to be clear I have no idea if there's any way for Alois to live through that fight, but Seteth and Flayn can if you defeat them with Byleth.

Umbral Steel is fairly commonly dropped when breaking the shields of giant beasts, particularly wolves (I think). It's also often a reward for auxiliary battles that advertise "ore" as the reward for completing it, and in those cases you get like 10.

Have you tried using Raging Storm with Edelgard's special weapon?
    I defeated Seteth with Byleth, but by that point I'd already killed Flayn with Petra and I assume if one of them is already dead the other cannot be talked down

I haven't been doing a lot of the monster auxillaries because I find them fairly tedious to fight - I don't think I've even seen a wolf

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ore wise:

Birds - Mythril
    Wolves - Wootz
    Beast - Umbral Steel

Also let me just say Dorothea is disgustingly strong. Meteor is the dumbest spell ever. I have her with the range +1 item so she can nuke from miles away. Last night, still in the first part of the game, she nuked a dude for 130damage (he had like 30 hp) and the meteor also has an AoE?!?!?! that kabumed the guy next to them.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Madican wrote: »
    Okay, I have this game now, so I'll be starting it after work tomorrow. Going Golden Deer because I'm entirely on board with shooting monarchy in the face, but otherwise I have less than no idea what's in store. I played maybe an hour of Awakening and my biggest exposure to Fire Emblem was via Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

So...this is going to be a bit interesting I think

It should be said that all of the three lords are about breaking the status quo in their own ways, to varying degrees

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    got like, three paragraphs deep into speculating on how a fifth EVERYBODY'S FRIENDS NOW route would even work before I realized I was basically outlining some fanfiction

anways: overall I don't know how it would work at all, given...everything, and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be good from a story perspective, or at the very least it'd be worse than any of the main paths, unless they take some WILD swings

I would change (late act 1 spoilers)
    The events of January. That's the only way to get everyone to come together I think. Have her not go away.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i haven't started fighting the blue lions in my BE game yet but so far i'd say the way to do an "everyone's friends" route would be
    pretty much the same as the crimson rose route, but maybe if you recruit enough GD people/don't kill them during the Leicester campaign, you convince Claude to join you

and then something similar for Dimitri, you convince him to unite with you against the church, and then the final act of the game involves fighting on two fronts: the church on one and the spooky boyz* on the other

*i refuse to call them "those who slither in the dark." Go shove yourself in a locker Hubert, It is beneath me to do it for you

• Options
    I think the big problem keeping everyone from uniting together varies from Lord to Lord and goes something like this:
    Claude wants to break the status quo but is constantly asking himself "Edelgard and Dimitri are cops, right"

Edelgard wants to break the status quo but is constantly asking herself "Is it even possible for me to know if Dimitri and Claude are cops????"

Dimitri wants to break the status quo but is constantly asking himself "EDELGAAAAARD?????"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I think the big problem keeping everyone from uniting together varies from Lord to Lord and goes something like this:
    Claude wants to break the status quo but is constantly asking himself "Edelgard and Dimitri are cops, right"

Edelgard wants to break the status quo but is constantly asking herself "Is it even possible for me to know if Dimitri and Claude are cops????"

Dimitri wants to break the status quo but is constantly asking himself "EDELGAAAAARD?????"

minor, post timeskip spoilers
    I'd say the church? has done its job well of keeping everyone isolated and divided, I'd guess

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

I'd say the church? has done its job well of keeping everyone isolated and divided, I'd guess

To say nothing of
    Those Who Slither in the Dark—or TWSITD, or, even better, The TWISTED—doing this to Edelgard in particular

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay, I have this game now, so I'll be starting it after work tomorrow. Going Golden Deer because I'm entirely on board with shooting monarchy in the face, but otherwise I have less than no idea what's in store. I played maybe an hour of Awakening and my biggest exposure to Fire Emblem was via Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

It should be said that all of the three lords are about breaking the status quo in their own ways, to varying degrees

I'll probably play through as all of them eventually, but I just really want a bit of catharsis re:shooting monarchy in the face with arrows. And axes. And spears.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I'll probably play through as all of them eventually, but I just really want a bit of catharsis re:shooting monarchy in the face with arrows. And axes. And spears.

As someone a bit shy of the midpoint on Deer right now, yea Claude is awesome so far. This team is just exactly what I was hoping for when I picked them.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I just got to Chapter two as bleagles and

(big spoilers)
    I uh.

Sided with Edelgard because the church seemed sketchy as shit but now I'm killing golden deer kids. Am I on the bad guy route on accident? Oops.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

To say nothing of
    Those Who Slither in the Dark—or TWSITD, or, even better, The TWISTED—doing this to Edelgard in particular
    Shit I love the joker

• Options

That's a good plan! That's a good plan.
    Later on you'll want to play Black Eagles for a more intense version of that.
    WheatBun01 wrote: »

(big spoilers)
    I uh.

Sided with Edelgard because the church seemed sketchy as shit but now I'm killing golden deer kids. Am I on the bad guy route on accident? Oops.
    This happens on every route. You'll always end up fighting kids from other classes.

If you want to avoid it on the bridge map in particular, go after Judith. You can also spare some people by defeating them as Byleth (this will come up later). But some people you won't be able to get around killing.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »

(big spoilers)
    I uh.

There is no way to not wind up killing some of the kids who don't side with you, regardless of house. Because that's war. But you are certainly on the better of the two Black Eagle paths, I would say. Certainly the one where Edelgard's ambitions are most tempered by your influence

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Hmm, theoretically speaking (Blue Lions route):
    Byleth themself does not have to kill any student, except for maybe Hubert? I think Hubert might be a must-kill on a map.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Byleth themself does not have to kill any student, except for maybe Hubert? I think Hubert might be a must-kill on a map.

no, I think on the
    siezing the bridge mission you have to kill Ferdinand and someone else.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

no, I think on the
    You can have either recruited them, or if you had a high enough support with them and attack them with Byleth they can be recruited right there and then!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Tcheldor wrote: »

no, I think on the
    You can have either recruited them, or if you had a high enough support with them and attack them with Byleth they can be recruited right there and then!

Insofar as this goes

REAL-ASS, WHOLE-ASS CRIMSON FLOWER SPOILERS

SILVERWIND DON'T READ YET
    on Crimson Flower the only students you have to kill are Dedue and Dimitri

I think WheatBun's scenario assumes that one hasn't recruited the body of the other classes

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Speaking of Bernie, Byleth is fucking brutal to her in their A-rank, or at least f!Byleth is (m!Byleth may be different because they can S-rank?)

I was upset that was the ending for f!Byleth

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My plan to make Linhardt my dancer hit a bit of a snag when I realized that he had a base charisma of three. Thankfully I checked and mine has gained more charisma than magic in his ten levels, so it's fine I guess.

I finished up the chapter 5 story battle and I'm feeling better about my house's growth. Bernadetta and Dorothea have caught up and actually mastered their tier 1 jobs (I was starting to think that nobody would), and Ingrid joined unexpectedly and is doing alright so far.

I have no idea what to do with myself in chapter 6. Monday's a holiday, everyone is motivated, and I don't think I need any more B supports for recruitment. I guess I'll...actually train Byleth? Feels wierd.

By the way, how valuable are monster sightings on the calendar? Should I be going out of my way for them?

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I've just poached Dorothea and decided that she's going to be
    My dancing champion for the White Heron cup

That's a good call, right

• Options
    I've just poached Dorothea and decided that she's going to be
    My dancing champion for the White Heron cup

That's a good call, right

I did that on my BL route. Worked fine.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    My plan to make Linhardt my dancer hit a bit of a snag when I realized that he had a base charisma of three. Thankfully I checked and mine has gained more charisma than magic in his ten levels, so it's fine I guess.

I finished up the chapter 5 story battle and I'm feeling better about my house's growth. Bernadetta and Dorothea have caught up and actually mastered their tier 1 jobs (I was starting to think that nobody would), and Ingrid joined unexpectedly and is doing alright so far.

I have no idea what to do with myself in chapter 6. Monday's a holiday, everyone is motivated, and I don't think I need any more B supports for recruitment. I guess I'll...actually train Byleth? Feels wierd.

By the way, how valuable are monster sightings on the calendar? Should I be going out of my way for them?

Do you want cash? Good way to get cash.

• Options

They can be a good way to get ore and levels early on

One of the thigns about them is that the rare monsters have a chance, on map generation, to be carrying a rusted weapon that can be refined into an A-tier weapon like Mercurius, which you can see when looking at the monster's inventory. You can RNG manipulate this (very clumsily) by exiting back out to the mission select screen and then going back in

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The more I play bleagles the more I realize that I think I'd put Edelgard near the bottom of characters I really like

Like Ferdinand's still at the very bottom, and I like Edelgard, but I mean, Lindhardt, Bernie, Dorothea, Petra? C'mon.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I have more than B with everyone outside my house, why won't anyone join me! I have the best class, honest!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The more I play bleagles the more I realize that I think I'd put Edelgard near the bottom of characters I really like

Like Ferdinand's still at the very bottom, and I like Edelgard, but I mean, Lindhardt, Bernie, Dorothea, Petra? C'mon.

I've come around on Ferdinand the more of his supports I've gotten, especially with people outside of BEagles (Lorenz and his B support is real good, for both of them actually)

A couple of his post-timeskip supports are real good too
    I have more than B with everyone outside my house, why won't anyone join me! I have the best class, honest!

try to raise the skill they want to E+ at least, that helps too with B support

Naphtali on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Last night I flipped out because I realized I paired everyone off and Edelgard gets nobody.

Unless I power her supports with like...Caspar. Who I completely ignored because he had the worst rolls the entire time.

• Options
    Poor Caspar

He's the Rinkah of the Black Eagles, in that I want to like him but he kinda sucks as a character for me

(although I assume he can actually be good if he has decent luck on his rolls, unlike me)

• Options
    edited August 2019

They are very good for a couple reasons. The ore as mentioned above. You need that ore to repair and make some of the best weapons. You primarily get it from these fights.

It is also the way to get some of the best weapons in game. They drop rusted weapons that can be turned into super weapons. You can reroll the rusted weapons as many times as you want until it turns into a super weapon of the kind you would like by just leaving and re-entering the fight. So deffo don't miss the monster sightings if you want lots of ore and rad weapons.

edit beepboop wyborn beat me.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    My Caspar kicks ass, but I’m also playing on Normal this run through. I have him as a grappler.

He’s had some decent level-ups, yes.

Sylvain is also kicking serious ass.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm like 3 chapters from the end of the game and caspar is still in the "maybe if i weaken some bad guys to let him score kills he can level up and be good" phase

him and ferdinand both are like 15 points behind everyone else in strength

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'm like 3 chapters from the end of the game and caspar is still in the "maybe if i weaken some bad guys to let him score kills he can level up and be good" phase

him and ferdinand both are like 15 points behind everyone else in strength

Don’t be afraid to use +str consumables. I used a couple of those on Ingrid when she was lagging in str and it really saved her.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I had to power level Caspar to around 28 and make him an Armored Knight for him to even have a chance of surviving his Paralogue.

It didn't help that I recruited him by chance about a chapter before it'd be too late and he was only 21 or 22 when that paralogue recommends 29.

• Options

She’s definitely at the bottom for me, and that’s honestly with setting any Blions bias aside.

I suppose from a story/character perspective that Hubert is also towards the bottom by association, but I am biased towards Hubert for his
    Handsomeness, how dare you be so good looking, Hubie

Be mine and Mori’s spoopy boyfriend

• Options
    When I saw on the support list that you could S rank Hubert I was shocked

I almost want to, but I blame Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

• Options

It definitely doesn’t feel as if it ought to be an option!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

It definitely doesn’t feel as if it ought to be an option!

Oh please Hubert would never marry Edelgard. Their relationship is purely professional.

Real spoilers
    He would definitely marry God so that his kid would be in the best possible position to be the ideal servant to Edelgard’s kid.

• Options
    The real answer is to A+ support Hubert and Ferdinand

This discussion has been closed.