As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seteth Has A Request Of You, And It's That You Play [Fire Emblem Three Houses]

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I should probably get these kids some combat training...
    But I got a garden to tend to!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I couldn’t decide between Dimitri and Claude so I chose Edelgard

Whoops I double check with Anya and she immediately pounded on the Blue Lions, so Blue Lions we go

She thinks Sylvain is hilarious

They’re a pretty cute bunch right now. The girls seem like sweeties. I’m glad to see a decent cast.

I’ll play Black Eagles next, for sure

• Options
    @Moriveth read the above post and came storming into the kids’ bedroom

‘WHAT I THOUGHT YOU HAD CHOSEN EDELGARD HOW COULD YOU BLACK EAGLES, RACHEL. YOU CHOSE THE BORING BLOND GUY? BLACK EAAAAAGGGGLLLEEEEES’

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Boy this church seems super legit and not at all suspect and alarming

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Started playing tonight, stopped during the first Sunday exploration event. Black Eagles all the way, gonna crush the rest of Fodlan under our boots.

Going in I expected to get some concise but relevant details about Sothis during the prologue. "I'm the dragon god of time or whatever, I can sense the evil dark demon dragon god doing some bullshit, I'm gonna keep an eye on everything through you" or somesuch. But no, even she doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Seteth might be a jerk, but he's completely right about what a bad idea it is to make some young mercenary a teacher at your prestigious military academy.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Team deer all the way.

Black eagles seem alright tho from what I’m hearing, I’ll probably do them next.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    @Moriveth read the above post and came storming into the kids’ bedroom

‘WHAT I THOUGHT YOU HAD CHOSEN EDELGARD HOW COULD YOU BLACK EAGLES, RACHEL. YOU CHOSE THE BORING BLOND GUY? BLACK EAAAAAGGGGLLLEEEEES’

Imagine each of you getting one kid to side with you, and you form your own houses inside the house and fire nerf darts at eachother's backs and play petty pranks on eachother.

• Options
    Oh damn, the Raphael/Marianne C-Rank support conversation confirms
    Marianne can speak to animals? Maybe just birds, but still, neat!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I appreciate how Bernadetta and Hubert's C support basically starts out as a short horror movie.

Poor Bernadetta, though. She needs actual therapy, which I don't think the standard cast of Fire Emblem goofballs is able to provide.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Seirosdammit Marianne you will learn this spear if I have to help you thrust it into people's hearts myself!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Who, in this game, is the closest to my favorite FE character, Boyd?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    "It's Sylvain's birthday! Would you like to buy him flowers?"

*Five Mnutes Pass*

"Uhh, so do you-?

"I'm thinking."

• Options
    Rhea is really goddamn creepy so far

• Options
    Oh my God the C Rank between Raphael and Lysithea is so damn good.
    "I'm real good at tag! I can teach you the secrets! Like, not getting tagged and all!"

• Options
    The Marianne/Raphael C Link is probably the hardest I've laughed so far
    "I KNEW YOU WERE TALKING TO A BIRD! Wow, you can talk to birds??"

"Uh

No

That bird can

Uh

Speak human OKAY BYE"

"....wow, a bird that can speak human. Hope I can meet one some day!"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Oh uuhhhhh I straight up found a cloth soaked in 'a strange chemical' which belongs to a student 'who is callous in their methods'

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Haha. Dorothea Edelgard C rank. Make sure to listen and not just read it, all I'm saying.

Also got my first out of house support up with Lysithea, so she should be easy to recruit soon I hope (faith being easy to raise due to choir practice).

I'm torn on Petra. I want to take her wyvern, but the game is suggesting assassin. And uh... her growths are pretty good for that. But she's also the only person with strengths in flying and axes.

One last thing... Dorothea's personal skill is really nice. Regens adjacent allies at the start of each turn, no questions asked.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It's fun to see that everyone's reaction to Petra is, "wow, Petra's good and cool we should all hang out with Petra more"

• Options
    Petra is high on my list of folks to poach from other houses

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying Hubert's whole Obviously Evil Advisor shtick. I can see it getting old, but it hasn't yet.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Oh wow Hilda's secret skill she gets from heavy armour is great for a knight.
    Seal Speed: -6 speed to any unit she hits

And Lysithea's
    Gives her a magic attack with her sword and it's damage gets boosted by her resistance.

She just tears through everything now.

Also the combat music is aces.

Edit: I started liking Raphael once I realised he was just an incredibly buff Golden Retreiver in human form.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey, if you get to chapter 6 and there's a thing where it's like, "if you go in here, it will end the month," it will skip to the end of the month, so uh...believe the game when it says it will end the month

• Options
    oh my god I only just realized you control the loading sprite with controller tilt

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    oh my god I only just realized you control the loading sprite with controller tilt

And jump!

I've been lying down on the couch playing this and thought it was weird the sprite would just run into the left handside for quite a while until I realised.

• Options
    Yeah I figured out the jump thing but I had no clue how the thing was moving

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Does anyone have enough experience with this and Persona 5 to talk about the relative depth and weight of character development? I've played neither series or game, and am intrigued but intimidated about that level of depth of side dialogue. Id probably want to just try out one, and I know their gameplay is very different, and Persona probably has the more consistently high quality dialogue, but fire emblem is the one that it seems let's you skip that stuff if you want.

So is that (side-but-not-really) content in FE actually pretty well developed?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Hilda has almost reached Hector status.
    g3vvxgyvoaob.png

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Septus wrote: »
    So is that (side-but-not-really) content in FE actually pretty well developed?

Yes. In this one at least.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Nothing says fun like watching one of your new favorites tear through a battle, getting two level ups with mediocre gains for each

At least my Byleth got an optimal level up, or at least close to it

• Options
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I didn't realize that magic only has 5 uses so Hubert was pretty useless for the last few rounds of that first mock battle

Also it says that viewing the map lets you pick starting positions for your squad but I didn't seem to be able to move them around

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I didn't realize that magic only has 5 uses so Hubert was pretty useless for the last few rounds of that first mock battle

Also it says that viewing the map lets you pick starting positions for your squad but I didn't seem to be able to move them around

I think the mock battle might have everything locked in except who you bring, but every battle I've done since then has had 9-10 slots where you can swap most of the people around (occasionally Byleth or your house leader are in fixed spots).

rhylith on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You can click one unit and then switch their spot with someone else who is indicated in green I think

Some units, like your PC and sometimes the house leader, are locked to their position and cant be moved

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I am torn, it is slow enough at work that I could play some but the voice acting is good enough that I don't want to miss out on it and can't play with sound on

LIFE IS HARD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Annette seems pretty great. Apart from starting with a combination axe/magic skill (very useful in the training battle), I just had a scene where:
    She talks about needing to clean before starting her day, and generally keeping busy, then realizes she was supposed to be on cooking duty and runs out of the room only to run clumsily smack into a barrel.

• Options
    Ignatz is baffling to me

His character arc seems fine and hes a nice boy who likes painting a lot but his actual combat stats and abilities don't match at all with the writing

From the jump he is presented as this skinny little dude who has it in his head that he has to be a big heroic knight to honor his family despite not being any good at it

And he starts with a sword and bow and has gone HEY TEACH LEMME FOCUS UP ON THAT BOW SHIT so I figured he would end up realizing he is a fantastic archer

Except his DEX sucks ass and his STR is actually pretty good so he makes a much better knight than archer???

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I am all about these hybrid classes we're able to make with everyone learning some magic and being able to weild any weapon type so long as they have the Skill level.

I just find the notion of Ignatz, this glasses wearing goober who normally uses a bow, can instead take out a massive fuck-off axe at close range if need be.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Plays This morning and gets to the castle and the school and everything.

Wait. Is this like Persona? Wait..

Oh No.

No..

Well. There goes my life as I sink every waking moment into this game now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ignatz is baffling to me

His character arc seems fine and hes a nice boy who likes painting a lot but his actual combat stats and abilities don't match at all with the writing

From the jump he is presented as this skinny little dude who has it in his head that he has to be a big heroic knight to honor his family despite not being any good at it

And he starts with a sword and bow and has gone HEY TEACH LEMME FOCUS UP ON THAT BOW SHIT so I figured he would end up realizing he is a fantastic archer

Except his DEX sucks ass and his STR is actually pretty good so he makes a much better knight than archer???

Wait do archers use DEX for damage? I thought it was just a renamed SKI from previous games, and they still used STR for damage.

• Options
    never die wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ignatz is baffling to me

Wait do archers use DEX for damage? I thought it was just a renamed SKI from previous games, and they still used STR for damage.
    Wait for real?

I mean you are probably right I just assumed they used DEX because thats how every other video game works

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.