As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon Masters] Nothing going on right now.

123457»

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm just not a gacha player so all I do is collect my login rewards and do the occasional pull when someone new comes out. Not even bothering with dailies anymore

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Alright. As I said on the previous page, gonna update the thread a bit.

Here's the Youtube video I mentioned that came out just today from the devs. It's kind of a "road ahead" type video. It's all in Japanese, but with English Subtitles. I'll try to cover the bullet points below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyVXo6A5gRo

• Mewtwo event - A legendary event featuring the Legendary sync pair Giovanni and Mewtwo. Dates of the event are Dec 5 to Dec 19.
    • Legendary events are confirmed to be returning events. No sort of timeframe, but they specifically said if you don't get Mewtwo this time, you can get him later
    • Additional new sync pairs coming: Grimsley+Liepard (Nov 27), Holiday Sync pairs Rosa+Delibird (Dec 12), and Siebold+Octillery (Dec 12). Lance+Dragonite and Cynthia+Garchomp also confirmed for early next year
    • Legendary Support Rally - A login event giving away a total of 4200 gems to help prepare for Mewtwo. 14 day login event. Starts 11/28.
    • Sync Grid coming - looks like a small version of the FFXII license board, allows additional customization and leveling of your sync pairs (Scheduled for January)
    • Battle Villa - a new game mode. (Scheduled for February)

Mewtwo will be weak to Dark, so Grimsley+Liepard will be a good pair to use against them.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Or just keep smashing that Houndoom I've been riding this entire time into them.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I wish they were a little bit more on the ball about cross-promoting this game with Sword and Shield.

Now is the time when they should give us a couple gym leaders as sync pairs in Masters. Give us Milo with his Flapple, or Nessa with her Drednaw.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Giovani+Mewtwo event is live. You need 800 event tickets to unlock the sync pair. That seems like an insane amount.

I haven't run the multiplayer battle yet to know how many you get per attempt, but I only got 4 tickets from completing the singleplayer missions. It could be that this event is a real slog.

Edit: Update: I ran the Normal difficulty multiplayer event and got about 30 tickets. Then I ran the Hard difficulty one and got about 50 tickets. So this might not be super terrible to farm. Of course, there's plenty of other stuff to farm too. It seems Mewtwo has his own unique XP training megaphones, and also has his own unique skill books. Who knows how much farming is actually going to be required if you want to fully max him out.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Their power requirements/recommendations are so very wrong, it's utterly silly.

The "Very Hard" one says it requires 16200 power. I'm bringing 3 Dark Types to the fight, since this is a monotype battle. And with my 3 Dark Type characters, my power is 25450 which massively exceeds the recommended amount. And yet "Very Hard" is only a winning event about maybe 1 in 4 attempts. And that's if I get good randos who actually bring appropriate counterpicks to the fight. The "Super Hard" battle is unwinnable. It says 20000 power recommended, and again, I'm bringing 25450 which still exceeds the requirement by a pretty good margin. And yet I get completely steamrolled and so does everyone else. The damage output is just too great. Anyone else besides me trying to complete this event and get Mewtwo? Anyone have any tips how to not get destroyed on Super Hard?

Worst comes to worst, I can just spam run a bunch of "Hard" battles because those are quite frankly super easy, and the jump in difficulty from "Hard" to "Very Hard" is insane. And anyway, I can get my 800 tickets farming Hard if I have to, but I'd rather do higher difficulties to get more tickets.

Also a related question - why are other players so bad at this game? Why is it so hard to find randos who bring appropriate type matchups and counterpicks to the battle? Why am I getting paired with people whose opening Pokemon is Roserade or Sceptile?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Is anyone besides me still playing this? Lance and Cynthia are both active right now in a standard gacha draw style, plus Solgaleo is out as well in a ticket system to unlock him. The Solgaleo event is interesting because it forms a sync pair with your main character, and the MC+Solgaleo is a 5star pair.

• Options
    I'm still getting my logins but haven't done any battles in a long while

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    The Lance banner filled out my entire 5* lineup. I think I'm just missing Cynthia now.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    I blew close to 15k gems on the Lance/Cynthia banners combined. I got a few off-banner 5*s, but I struck out on both Lance and Cynthia.

• Options
    For anyone still playing:

You can get Professor Oak + Mew for free right now just for logging in. Mew seems to be some sort of long term build up goal. They're gonna drip feed mats for him for a long time. I like the idea of having something to work on long term so I see this as a positive.

Steven+Metagross is also a new banner that started today.

Oh, and Red isn't in the game yet as a collectible character, but he did show up in a cutscene with Oak and Blue. I haven't seen anything official about him yet, but if Red has showed up on the island, that probably indicates he'll be coming soon.

• Options
    Oop time to use up these free gems on the Steven banner.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Oh, and Red isn't in the game yet as a collectible character, but he did show up in a cutscene with Oak and Blue. I haven't seen anything official about him yet, but if Red has showed up on the island, that probably indicates he'll be coming soon.
    I recall Red was also in opening ceremony of the PML in chapter 9 or 10 or so, along with Blue. Mallow hasn't been made available despite showing up in Christmas event, but then again Red is the more iconic character.

• Options
    Oop time to use up these free gems on the Steven banner.

Steven is one of my favorite champions, and he's on my "must own" sync pair list. But sadly, Steel has not been a very useful type in Masters so far. They did that Solgaleo event, and I maxed mine out. My MC+Solgaleo pair is level broken to 120. But also I've never had an opportunity to use that against anything.

Of course, part of that is because Faerie type is dreadfully under-represented right now. As soon as we get a few good Faerie types in the game steel should have a lot more use.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Big update today for the game.

They're doing their 6 month celebration. 3000 gems in the mailbox today, and login rewards are extra good right now too.

Red+Charizard sync pair is out. I did three 10-pulls and got jack shit. I hate gacha so much. There's also another new sync pair with Elesa and Rotom.

Lastly, and probably the biggest deal is that they added an entirely new game mode called Battle Villa. It seems to be an endurance challenge, and is a timed location that will reset every couple weeks. You play at your own pace like everywhere else in the game, but none of your moves replenish and your health carries over.

Lucascraft on