As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's official, we can stop killing cows. Impossible burgers solved meat.

Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better.Registered User regular
Just had an impossible burger from Fat Burger and, frankly, it's better then the real thing.

So I'm calling it. Shut down the slaughter houses. Impossible burgers is now king.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    No.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bad food is over there --->

Food from Alchemy is bad food

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I mean, solving meat still means killing cows. Because if they're not needed then their numbers will have to be reduced.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I mean, solving meat still means killing cows. Because if they're not needed then their numbers will have to be reduced.

I still need milk for my cereal

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Mammals, Mammals they raise a paw their names are called
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXD7YOoHpAs

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Meat cows are separate from dairy cows

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Meat cows are separate from dairy cows

Except baby boy dairy cows. Those are meat cows.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Can vegans for moral reasons drink human milk?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SLyM wrote: »

Humans are animals, so probably not. But if so, they could also eat human steak.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    If you think we've only been killing cows for their tasty flesh this whole time, then by god you've no idea how dangerous they truly are.

Jokes aside, Beyond does make a good meat substitute. Also I love seeing cows being giant happy dumbasses when they run into one of those giant scrub brushes.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I would try an impossible burger

I have to see if any places to get them are around here

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    On account of the impending inferno of global warming, we should definetly have a lot less cows.

• Options
    Label wrote: »
    On account of the impending inferno of global warming, we should definetly have a lot less cows.

We need better ways to farm because Corp/Mass Farming is horrible

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I would try an impossible burger

I have to see if any places to get them are around here
    https://impossiblefoods.com has a restaurant-finder

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

I mean the person can give consent so probably.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Impossible burgers solved burgers.

Find me a steak.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The anti-steak equation

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Legitimately though, in terms of planet sustainability (not moral reasons for veganism) there is a place for cows in our diet. Cows can easily be raised on land where crops can't easily be grown so we should still have beef in our diet, but probably not as much as we are currently consuming. (especially in Australia)

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I would switch to eating impossible meats the moment they become affordable
    I wonder how well they are doing in terms of nutrition though

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    I would switch to eating impossible meats the moment they become affordable
    I wonder how well they are doing in terms of nutrition though

I mean I wouldn't cut out meat entirely or eat it solo but impossible burgs would make it easier to trim down to once or twice a month

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    how come no one ever tries to make meals out of bugs

like no one's got bug recipes when they try to push bugs as an alternate form of protein that's more environment friendly

they're always like "here's a fucking cricket.

we dipped it in chocolate."

people ask me if i'm too good for a chocolate cricket and you know what yes i AM too good for that. put it in a hot pocket.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    There's loads of bug recipes!

• Options
    There's various flours made out of bugs

But also fuck eating bugs.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and here comes indie winter to sour the mood!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Bullshit.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    The problem isn't the food

it's capitalism

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Until we overhaul our farming practices (so, never) I'll not be comfortable eating meat that didn't come from someone I know and I already only have it like once a week so that sounds fine to me.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The problem: capitalism

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    how come no one ever tries to make meals out of bugs

like no one's got bug recipes when they try to push bugs as an alternate form of protein that's more environment friendly

they're always like "here's a fucking cricket.

we dipped it in chocolate."

people ask me if i'm too good for a chocolate cricket and you know what yes i AM too good for that. put it in a hot pocket.

How about a big ol spicy plate of big ol spiders

kfUDgm4.jpg

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
  • Options
    I’ll eat bugs, but do they have to be the entire thing? Crush them bugs up, bread them and cook them.

• Options
    I’ll eat bugs, but do they have to be the entire thing?

Yes, the options are chew up whole bugs or perish

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    Then I accept your challenge.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I will say in that above video when they eat the whole waterbug they mention the sensation of like sacs inside the bug bursting and releasing fluid when they chew it and I personally appreciate at least a quick field dressing before I eat an animal whole and you just cant do that with bugs

Hobnail on

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I will say in that above video when they eat the whole waterbug they mention the sensation of like sacs inside the bug bursting and releasing fluid when they chew it and I personally appreciate at least a quick field dressing before I eat an animal whole and you just cant do that with bugs

so like eating a pomegranate

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Tim Horton’s has garbage food generally, but they’re selling a beyond sausage patty that’s pretty darn good. It’s less successful at emulating a sausage patty, but it’s probably better for it. I don’t have the palate to know what’s in there, but it actually has, you know, spices and flavour, unlike the processed garbage meat that Tim Horton’s usually sells.

• Options
    Bugs like most things, if you throw in some spices, you enjoy eating those spices.

I like crispy crickets with paprika and chilli.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Can you farm shrimp ethically? They are similar to bugs and they're delicious

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

so like eating a pomegranate

Most things are basically pomegranates if you think about it

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I had an impossible burger for my birthday at Red Robin. It was far less juicy than a normal burg, and not as good as even the lean meat burger I made in my kitchen last night.

However! I will say that can be blamed on poor cooking, and if I hadn’t know it was fake meat I would have likely seen it as a dry regular burger. So progress.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.