As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I also saw Archer use Unlimited Blade Works and then murderface Buddah with multiple exploding Caladbolg shot at his face, taking one turn to bring the God from 100 to 0.

I know you probably(?) meant to reference something Extra but my mind immediately went to Records of Ragnarok.

Final boss of the first Extra game. Archer can delete is entire HP in a single turn after SMT style setup for 1-2 turns prior.

Nero had the easiest early game but is weakest late (lack of a strong full no-sell hard defense really hurt). Tamamo had the hardest early game but was the strongest late in a general control the opponent and battle sense. Meanwhile, late game Archer played like a SMT protagonist: buffs, debuffs, NP, unload.

Yeah I figured it was an Extra thing. Hope that new BB studio brings a remake over here so I can actually play it and maybe CCC.

Oh and if y'all are interested in Record of Ragnarok it's a relatively new manga series focused entirely on tournament fights featuring gods vs mortals, like a mashup between God of High School and Fate. You get matches like Lu Bu vs Thor, Jack the Ripper vs Heracles, and even Kojiro Sasaki vs Poseidon. The current fight at the moment is Raiden Tameemon vs Shiva.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I am very curious how anyone fights Shiva without a significant handicap.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I am very curious how anyone fights Shiva without a significant handicap.

Yeah about that
    MBXKvljl.jpg?1

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Rin's first Command Seal was to force Archer to do as she said, or suffer serious attribute penalties. So Archer started with a serious handicap, since Rin's battle strategy was unfortunately hamstrung by Shirou being the main character. Game says main character has to be present for the major story beats. Shirou's My-Face-To-Your-Fist Style was going down no matter how hard Saber or Rin complained.
    In Hollow Ataraxia
    When Archer started sniping off a bridge, it took a Command Seal to even get Arthur close enough to him to try anything. Unless I'm remembering that part wrong it has been a very long time
    Edit: Rin not Ron, unless Mr. Weasley has something he'd like to share with the rest of the class.

MagicalGoats on
    There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options

It's just about time, get your stuff together because

The Lottery Comes

• Options
    I have 671 Golden Apples, and 310 Silver Apples. My limiting factor is my free time, sadly. :(

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I wonder what F/SN Emiya would be like summoned as a Caster.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Rin's first Command Seal was to force Archer to do as she said, or suffer serious attribute penalties. So Archer started with a serious handicap, since Rin's battle strategy was unfortunately hamstrung by Shirou being the main character. Game says main character has to be present for the major story beats. Shirou's My-Face-To-Your-Fist Style was going down no matter how hard Saber or Rin complained.
    In Hollow Ataraxia
    When Archer started sniping off a bridge, it took a Command Seal to even get Arthur close enough to him to try anything. Unless I'm remembering that part wrong it has been a very long time
    Edit: Rin not Ron, unless Mr. Weasley has something he'd like to share with the rest of the class.

Hollow Ataraxia
    The situation is that Archer is sniping from like a mile away and Saber has to defend Shirou. She can't leave Shirou without Archer shooting a homing sword-arrow through his face, but Archer also can't hit Shirou while Saber is defending. It's a stalemate that's either broken by Shirou being an idiot and leaving Saber's protection (as per usual), or Shirou using a command seal to teleport Saber right over to Archer.

So, like I said, the best he can hope for when fighting other Servants is historically a draw. To some degree that's just narrative necessity, though - note how Cu never wins a fight either, and Medusa's on a losing streak unless she's working alongside the protagonists.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I am going to need Quetz to bodyslam several people in this event.

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »
    In Hollow Ataraxia

Hollow Ataraxia
    The situation is that Archer is sniping from like a mile away and Saber has to defend Shirou. She can't leave Shirou without Archer shooting a homing sword-arrow through his face, but Archer also can't hit Shirou while Saber is defending. It's a stalemate that's either broken by Shirou being an idiot and leaving Saber's protection (as per usual), or Shirou using a command seal to teleport Saber right over to Archer.

So, like I said, the best he can hope for when fighting other Servants is historically a draw. To some degree that's just narrative necessity, though - note how Cu never wins a fight either, and Medusa's on a losing streak unless she's working alongside the protagonists.
    Sure, Cu and Medusa though almost certainly beat Emiya in a fight.

Hell, in that situation it's only even a problem because Shirou is an awful master and Saber can't use her full power... and also Excalibur might be a little too destructive fired over that range.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Welp, no paisen for me but I got Huang Di

• Options
    Hollow Ataraxia the sniper battle, because it was such good fun! I know it will almost certainly never get an adaptation but Hollo Ataraxia is probably my second favorite behind Extra. Fragglerock vs Gae Bolg and the sniper battle were just amazing moments.

Also, I think Bazett would make an amazing Servant. Probably a Berserker with very low Atk, and wicked high NP charging? I don't know. I just want to see her happy with the Blue Bomber.
    :D

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Hollow Ataraxia the sniper battle, because it was such good fun! I know it will almost certainly never get an adaptation but Hollo Ataraxia is probably my second favorite behind Extra. Fragglerock vs Gae Bolg and the sniper battle were just amazing moments.

Also, I think Bazett would make an amazing Servant. Probably a Berserker with very low Atk, and wicked high NP charging? I don't know. I just want to see her happy with the Blue Bomber.

Unfortunately her NP would presumably be Fragarach (unless they just go Prisma with her?), and that seems really tricky to make work properly. A proper one would be, what, a buff that negates an enemy NP and counter-attacks?

Hopefully it would be better than Angra's NP, which is just straight-up garbage.

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »

Unfortunately her NP would presumably be Fragarach (unless they just go Prisma with her?), and that seems really tricky to make work properly. A proper one would be, what, a buff that negates an enemy NP and counter-attacks?

Hopefully it would be better than Angra's NP, which is just straight-up garbage.

Yeah, that's how it would generally work. It's in the same category of ridiculous as Gae Bolg. And the amusing bit that if the two are used against each other, both users drop dead before attacking. The attacks still happen. Because that's the nonsense that happens when two causality-violating attacks clash.

• Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    *Does 1 10 pull for event ce's gets Bradamante and 5th Martha.(and 1 of the 4 star ce)

Where was this luck when trying for Illya game!

Also despite having pulled other 5 stars I think brad might have been my only rainbow orbs of the year.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    No new stuff, but I did get my 5th Martha to fully perfect her. And with the bond unlock I can now just run her in literally every team again!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I did two rolls for event CEs, but I'm waiting for the solo Quetz banner before I try again.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Ereshkigal, Santa Archer, Santa Lancer, and Santa Rider are all now max level. Time to toss 60 saint quartz in to receive zero rulers! It's okay. I got Ruler Quetz my first ever Ruler, and Quetz was my first 5 star Rider. This is a happy day no matter what!
    Ruler Martha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ruler Martha and 6th Kaleidoscope!!!

• Options
    I have a difficult decision to make with New Years

Do I pull for something useful that I don't have

Or do I try to NP5 Gilgamesh

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    JP getting Santa Karna this year. Fucking incredible. Not only do we get a dude for once, but the choice of Karna is just excellent.

Maybe if there's enough excitement, they'll finally realize the demand.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Karna is perfect

All we need now is for the identity of the new servant to not be something stupid and this event will be perfect

• Options
    Karma is amazingly appropriate considering his title is the Hero of Charity

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Santa Gilgamesh next plz

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Santa Mash please.
    I'm joking, Santa Olga Marie Animusphere please.

• Options
    Santa Yu

She's already got the reindeer

• Options
    Santa Yu

That's an even worse mismatch to the role than Gil.

• Options
    Santa Yu

That's an even worse mismatch to the role than Gil.

And it would be hilarious

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am willing to call Santa Karna the best wellfare released for the game so far. He's the whole package in design, art, and gameplay.

Two years of suffering waiting begins.

• Options
    Who's got a better bag of toys than Gilgamesh

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I am willing to call Santa Karna the best wellfare released for the game so far. He's the whole package in design, art, and gameplay.

Two years of suffering waiting begins.

Pako’s art and designs are always fantastic.

• Options
    I like to imagine Zerkelot farming for this event a lot like the scene from Futurama where the aliens come and keep blasting civilization, only with Gudako riding on Lancelots shoulder whispering that aaaaany one of these masked people could be Arthur! The only way to be sure is to just keep blasting!

• Options
    Whoops, forgot to set my supports. I don't have terribly many of the bonus Servants, so aside from Punch Saint I doubt anyone will take my folks along.

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    I like to imagine Zerkelot farming for this event a lot like the scene from Futurama where the aliens come and keep blasting civilization, only with Gudako riding on Lancelots shoulder whispering that aaaaany one of these masked people could be Arthur! The only way to be sure is to just keep blasting!

Santalot on his twin-engine fighter jet, giving all the good lil' masters gifts of lotto tickets and great tidings of ARRRRTHHURRRRRRRR!!!!!!

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I have NP4 Dantes and he was all ready for prime time with Skadi last lottery until Assassin node hit. I tried Berserkalot and I've been using him for basically everything ever since to the point he hit Bond 10 and now he's well on his way to Bond 11.

Madican on
  • Options
    I feel like lately my NP gain on Dantes has been a little bit touchy, then again I'm not using him on complete fodder enemies since I'm trying to finish burning through Lostbelt 1 so I can actually do Christmas

• Options
    Hashire sori yo...

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Hashire sori yo...

I love that Padoru has achieved meme escape velocity, and Discord pals who know nothing about Fate have been bringing it up as some silly anime Christmas thing.

'tis the season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWc9XuqwoLI

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    This event got a lot easier when I paid attention to the damage bonuses.

Punch Saint with +100%? ...NP 4 ORA ORA ORA carved through the fights.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Hashire sori yo...

I love that Padoru has achieved meme escape velocity, and Discord pals who know nothing about Fate have been bringing it up as some silly anime Christmas thing.

'tis the season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7GCarghwE

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    This event got a lot easier when I paid attention to the damage bonuses.

Punch Saint with +100%? ...NP 4 ORA ORA ORA carved through the fights.

Speaking of damage bonuses, 3 turned the challenge quest with Quetz Samba and double Merlin.