Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. Muramasa Never.

1246

Posts

  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Regular Nero continues to sit in the corner with my other dozen disappointing Sabers.

    Regular Nero is an interlude-buffed Arts AoE with a 44% Atk/Def buff, Herc's Bond CE on a skill, and later gets a 30% self charge.

    How is she remotely disappointing?

    She's good at staying alive for longer than average while not gaining much NP or doing much damage. I remember her being the only Saber with a bonus during some event and it was hell to try to use her for farming then. I was hoping she'd wind up being the one Saber I had that could actually NP easily for big damage, and none of that came true. But I'm also not lucky enough to have pulled the other parts of a good Arts team.

    OGueI9Q.gif
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    So what I’m seeing in here is that I should complete my Nero collection and try and get Bride next Nero-fest

    Good news, that's probably the next event. Not sure if it'll be before the next chapter though.

    Japan had...
    August 17 ~ September 1 Death Jail Summer Escape
    Break week!
    September 6 ~ September 20 Nerofest
    Break week!
    September 27 ~ October 11 Halloween 2016 rerun
    3ish day break!
    October 14 Shimousa
    Two week break to clear the story!
    October 25 ~ November 10 Halloween 2017

    We'll probably stick to that schedule as well, I think. Or something close enough. The days of jumbled schedules are somewhat behind us, I think?

    Heads up as well, this Nerofest is one of Brynhildr's only rate-ups in the entire game. It's her 2nd in NA and her third, and final rate-up so far, doesn't come until her Lostbelt banner with her husbando and lover Sigurd.

    NA wise she's gotten her NP Interlude and later, her already really good targeteable star weight buff becomes a targetable eternal arms mastery (600% --> 3000% star weight, gains +40% crit damage buff).

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    devs, you buff Nero unnecessarily

    and then you do this

    5q5mpBD.png

    Just how much did @vagrant_winds put into this game to do this for him?

    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Those are my two lvl100 servants.

    Should I go to Vegas?

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    What's that, just more charge for Martha?

    OGueI9Q.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Looks like an NP buff.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • NeveronNeveron SwedenRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    What's that, just more charge for Martha?
    NP gets the standard damage buff and also increases the defense down to 20%-60% pre-damage (compared to 10%-50% previously). Nothing particularly big, it's just making her better at what she already does.

    MHX gets a defense down to all enemies added to her stun.

    ssEXN.png
    One Punch Man webcomic [NSFW]|english index|original japanese|
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    NP upgrade is always significant just because of the base multiplier upgrade

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    AshtonDragonvagrant_windsSkeith
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Yeah, an NP upgrade goes a long way to keeping Martha competitive with Quetz and Luvia. It might not be enough to take her up to their levels, but it's a big help.

  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    What's that, just more charge for Martha?
    NP gets the standard damage buff and also increases the defense down to 20%-60% pre-damage (compared to 10%-50% previously). Nothing particularly big, it's just making her better at what she already does.

    MHX gets a defense down to all enemies added to her stun.

    And the cooldown decrease. Wish it was one more, but 7 turns instead of 8 at max level is still something.

    I really expected then to do something with the third skill. A quick buff, an Attack buff, or just turn it into a full temporary class advantage. I didn't expect a Support Fire buff but I'll take the guarenteed 3 turn AoE defense down.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, an NP upgrade goes a long way to keeping Martha competitive with Quetz and Luvia. It might not be enough to take her up to their levels, but it's a big help.

    I look forward to the burst that pets me pull with an NP4.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Reynolds
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    NP1 hits harder than NP5 Quetz with this buff.

    Also, Bride's buff turned her into Quen Gong ammo.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    1k64dOx.jpg

    Plugsuit is almost there. <20% left till lvl10 itself. Atlas is lvl6 and has a long way to go.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    SpectrumSkeith
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    Got the last quartz I needed for one last summer roll, now that the Nobu-focused banner is up. And...I got Nero.

    I wonder if TwopsAllCstrs fits...

    OGueI9Q.gif
    AshtonDragonStiltsIronKnuckle's GhostSkeith
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    OopsAllCstrsJr

    My child

    wb5cft.png
    ReynoldsIronKnuckle's GhostSkeith
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Gawain learned Sunny Day! And has now gone from 32% damage buff 3/5 turns to 82% damage buff 3/5 turns self buffed.

    Salter got a buff, but not the Salter people wanted. Rider Salter got a small Max HP added survivability buff. But hey, they're still buffing Summer Servants in JP now.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hopefully I'll get to change to OopsAllNeros

    IKknkhU.gif
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Iu2q3d6.png

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Login quartz put me at exactly 30 quartz. Rolled, gold orbs, Raikou.

    vagrant_windsReynoldsButler For Life #1SpectrumPolaritie
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    NA Part 2 is done, and so I can finally...

    sMyyZccl.png

    KiiFBLUl.png

    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
    vagrant_windsPolaritieIronKnuckle's GhostSkeith
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    "King Gilgamesh gave this to us himself. It may be recycled but that doesn't mean we should waste it."

    Wonder what that mea--

    *sees the next scene and just starts cackling loudly* Oh yes I like this Summer event very much

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    Stilts
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yeah, this summer event was very good

    HOWEVER: I am a little peeved that they're locking the copies of Summer Ishtar behind what are essentially challenge missions. I got past the first one by the skin of my teeth. Not sure I'll get so lucky for the others.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yeah, this summer event was very good

    HOWEVER: I am a little peeved that they're locking the copies of Summer Ishtar behind what are essentially challenge missions. I got past the first one by the skin of my teeth. Not sure I'll get so lucky for the others.
    Seals are your friend. Worst case...spend the SQ.

    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
    vagrant_winds
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    First one is an Avenger, so the rest shouldn't be too bad aside from the Assassin, just because Assassins are really goddamn annoying as bosses.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yeah, this summer event was very good

    HOWEVER: I am a little peeved that they're locking the copies of Summer Ishtar behind what are essentially challenge missions. I got past the first one by the skin of my teeth. Not sure I'll get so lucky for the others.
    Seals are your friend. Worst case...spend the SQ.

    Yeah, I feel like unless I get really solid RNG, I'm gonna need to use the party-revive command for each of them.

    Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The two avengers you can probably just zombie through with BB Mash Tamamo or something.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    vagrant_winds
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    BB is just tearing up the first Avenger like he's nothing, and he's down with only one NP to kill Waver. Next up!

    Second Avenger got her charge bar full on final break bar...but didn't actually use an NP? Just a ZA WARUDO skill that didn't really do much of anything besides enough chip damage to fill my NP gauges to full and waste her.

    Lancer down with Saberlot leading the way. One more to go, but stamina is empty now so Assassin will have to wait.

    Madican on
    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    Well the gold cards were one thing, but that's a bit ridiculous. Guess I can just throw Ishtar in storage with all those Sthenos then. Cool.

    OGueI9Q.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    6fxfcmuy0dup.jpg

    She tried to warn us.

    OGueI9Q.gif
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The only challenge quests in Part 2 are Bull of Heaven for the Lore and the Medb fight for her costume. The fights to get the copies of Ishtar are even easier than the 'mini-challenge' fights to get the Golden Fous in part one.

    First off, the Avengers. Both are easily beaten with BB and two supports. A Crit support works best here, like Summer Marie or even Caster Gil (Sherlock doesn't work due to the enemy being an Avenger) but so does Mash, Tamamo, and any other generic supports. A BB, Mash, and your friend's support caster team works perfectly fine here and will live forever. Fill with your own support backline.

    The Lancer fight is a generic single-target Lancer. His only gimick is that he becomes immune to debuffs, so bring characters that buff your own allies rather characters that debuff the enemy. A Arts-looping NP team with Nero Bride or Saber Lancelot will obliterate him, but any good Saber(s) + support team will do the job.

    The Assassin/Berserker/Assassin is possibly the easiest one in that he doesn't even have a Noble Phantasm gauge in his first two lives. Grab a support Sanzang, Illya, or Caster Nero (probably in that order) if you don't have one, and fill the party with your other casters and Mash.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was definitely a cool event, even if the ending again was kinda rushed.

    I would really want to see a scene showing Maid Salter and Nero realise that Ishtar manipulated them into joining the race.

    "So in the Second Season of Prison Break, They're Already Broken Out of Prison, But the Name Works Once You Realize That Society Is a Prison."

    Steam Profile
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Yeah, it was definitely a cool event, even if the ending again was kinda rushed.

    I would really want to see a scene showing Maid Salter and Nero realise that Ishtar manipulated them into joining the race.

    They do and it's absolutely hilarious. But to see them, you have to have them win the race. Whoever wins the race is whoever you supported the most. And a person of culture like myself had Nero win.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Asthariel
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    @Asthariel I went back into my Materials and screencapped it. Nero & Salter Victory (where they realize they've been had, but the rivalry takes over).

    It's pretty great.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Asthariel
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    All of the possible endings will be available in the my room archives once the event wraps up

    As for me, I got to see Nito's ending because it is just and proper

    Good writing for Schez, too

    wb5cft.png
    Neveron
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Nobu was my champion, of course.

    Kevin Crist
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Helena was my champion because her nodes were the easiest for me to farm. Also it's kind of hilarious to see more Tesla/Edison bickering

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    PolaritieStilts
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Nitocris won in my game, although Helena propably had a second place behind her.

    Shame that she didn't pick Cleopatra for her role model instead of Ozy.

    "So in the Second Season of Prison Break, They're Already Broken Out of Prison, But the Name Works Once You Realize That Society Is a Prison."

    Steam Profile
    ReynoldsNeveron
  • NeveronNeveron SwedenRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Nitocris won in my game, although Helena propably had a second place behind her.

    Shame that she didn't pick Cleopatra for her role model instead of Ozy.

    That relationship kind of goes the other way, though, since Cleopatra is intimidated by these eons-old Pharaohs (Nitocris died 2181 BC, Ozy 1213 BC, Alex 323 BC, Cleo 30 BC) and also has some deep-running insecurities regarding how, you know, she kind of ended the three-thousand-year-long reign of the pharaohs. (Heck, why do you think her NP is a snake that deals damage to her?)

    Nitocris thinks Alex and Cleo are nice, but they're also not entirely in a spot where they could act as mentor figures to her.

    The weird thing about the Ozy-Nito relationship is that it's somewhat on her. Ozymandias actually respects her, what with her being a thousand years his senior, but treats her as his underling because that's how she wants him to treat her (because she feels unworthy due to her short reign and unceremonious end). He's a massive jerk, but you'll note how when Nitocris comes back to announce her victory he's actually disappointed because she's not acting happy about it... but the only reason she isn't acting that way is because she's convinced herself that a "real" Pharaoh wouldn't care.

    It's a bit of an unhealthy relationship, but I'm also not sure that pairing her up with Cleopatra instead would be any healthier.

    ssEXN.png
    One Punch Man webcomic [NSFW]|english index|original japanese|
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    Neveron wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Nitocris won in my game, although Helena propably had a second place behind her.

    Shame that she didn't pick Cleopatra for her role model instead of Ozy.

    That relationship kind of goes the other way, though, since Cleopatra is intimidated by these eons-old Pharaohs (Nitocris died 2181 BC, Ozy 1213 BC, Alex 323 BC, Cleo 30 BC) and also has some deep-running insecurities regarding how, you know, she kind of ended the three-thousand-year-long reign of the pharaohs. (Heck, why do you think her NP is a snake that deals damage to her?)

    Nitocris thinks Alex and Cleo are nice, but they're also not entirely in a spot where they could act as mentor figures to her.

    The weird thing about the Ozy-Nito relationship is that it's somewhat on her. Ozymandias actually respects her, what with her being a thousand years his senior, but treats her as his underling because that's how she wants him to treat her (because she feels unworthy due to her short reign and unceremonious end). He's a massive jerk, but you'll note how when Nitocris comes back to announce her victory he's actually disappointed because she's not acting happy about it... but the only reason she isn't acting that way is because she's convinced herself that a "real" Pharaoh wouldn't care.

    It's a bit of an unhealthy relationship, but I'm also not sure that pairing her up with Cleopatra instead would be any healthier.

    Yeah, I agree with what you say, but at least I can hope that with Cleo as her best friend she would stop feeling like she has to PROVE something, because this is not a way to live.

    Even if she is a Servant... that is already dead in theory... I forgot where I was going with this line of thought.

    It's nice that in this event she's got a new BFF at least.

    Asthariel on
    "So in the Second Season of Prison Break, They're Already Broken Out of Prison, But the Name Works Once You Realize That Society Is a Prison."

    Steam Profile
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Wow these challenge quests are some hot bullshit.

    ReynoldsStilts
Sign In or Register to comment.