As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    0tnsYCcl.png

FINALLY. Back down to 1 code to level.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After spending everything to get QSH (and failing to get Xiang Yu for the remaining SQ), I somehow managed to save 60 SQ to try and get Quetz Rider (or at least some Marthas).

2 minimum rolls! Fuuuuuck!

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    This event got a lot easier when I paid attention to the damage bonuses.

Punch Saint with +100%? ...NP 4 ORA ORA ORA carved through the fights.

Yeah, I'm super glad her and MHXX showed up this summer, both have been utter champs for this event. Actually got a second Martha Ruler on a ten-pull try for Brad, and she's been an easy choice for most of these two-on-two fights.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The toughest tag team in the event for me was probably Hector and Penth. If I didn't get Penth down fast enough she'd wipe me out and if I didn't get Hector down fast enough he'd launch his AoE NP after buffing it and blow me up.

Overall this event was pretty fun. I don't really know much about Kinnikuman or wrestling in general so some of the jokes went over my head but it was a fun bit of lunacy when things took a turn for the bonkers.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    The toughest tag team in the event for me was probably Hector and Penth. If I didn't get Penth down fast enough she'd wipe me out and if I didn't get Hector down fast enough he'd launch his AoE NP after buffing it and blow me up.

Overall this event was pretty fun. I don't really know much about Kinnikuman or wrestling in general so some of the jokes went over my head but it was a fun bit of lunacy when things took a turn for the bonkers.

It's been said before, but berserkers with break bars are extremely dangerous since that partly shores up their major weakness. Yagyu and MHXX pulled it off for me, but it was close.

Just wrapped up myself, having a good time with it as well. Quetz feels like she's in this game the exact right amount; leans hard on "goofy lucha goddess", but the writing gives her enough else to do (often putting the fear of literal god into other servants) that it doesn't really wear thin. She's consistently entertaining and a good match for something as inherently zany as "random servant becomes Santa".

• Options
    Also Taiga just cannot catch a break in anything and it greatly amuses me to see her go from veritable powerhouse in early Babylonia to Designated Bullying Target

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Stolls wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    This event got a lot easier when I paid attention to the damage bonuses.

Punch Saint with +100%? ...NP 4 ORA ORA ORA carved through the fights.

Yeah, I'm super glad her and MHXX showed up this summer, both have been utter champs for this event. Actually got a second Martha Ruler on a ten-pull try for Brad, and she's been an easy choice for most of these two-on-two fights.

Another fun fact though is that the final boss has the Divine attribute. AKA: Martha's punching bag. +100% against Demon/Divine/Undead on top of the event +100%. :D. I borrowed a Jalter and snapped her clean in half between the two of them, it's pretty ridiculous.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Best lottery node is archers, hot damn.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Yep! Gotta appeal to Bradamante's strengths like they did Ereshkigal last year's Christmas event.

*continues to use same team of Berserkalot/Dantes + Double Skadi he's been using*

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's back to using Parvati for me.

But I was using Astolfo and Nitocris when I was farming the silver/gold currency nodes which was a nice change of pace.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    How's everyone's lotto box farming going? I'm about done with my fifth one, though of course I never get too crazy on farming stuff.

• Options
    How's everyone's lotto box farming going? I'm about done with my fifth one, though of course I never get too crazy on farming stuff.

Same - I've hit the bare minimum for the event, which is Quetz max NP/all ascension mats. Not sure I have much use for her but.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's back to using Parvati for me.

But I was using Astolfo and Nitocris when I was farming the silver/gold currency nodes which was a nice change of pace.

I've had some opportunities to abuse Parvati before, but this has been the best one so far. I've known for a long time that she was really good of course, but boy. This is something.

• Options
    And that's MHXX fully levelled. Next up....I dunno, Quetz Santa? Double xp means this will be the cheapest time to level her.

• Options
    *stares at thread title*

Well that aged poorly.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    *stares at thread title*

Well that aged poorly.

We're finally free from the shitty holiday thread prison.

Title has been edited. And look, the title was going strong for a year and a half. Wouldn't be surprised if Genshin's success and threat caused them to break the glass and actually push up some release schedules?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    For posterity in a searchable thread...

2021 New Year Paid Lottery:
    rEXHagpl.png
    Nursery Rhyme NP5, Moriarty

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I got me a Beni-Enma on New Years and was happy. Enjoyed her character enough while doing the story to do a couple more 10 pulls for her yesterday. Second 10-pull gave me 2 Beni-Enma's. So now I have an NP3 Beni-Enma and I can only assume I will get nothing else for most of the year.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I've been able to resist paying for gssr but I gave in this time
    v681w4so49l7.jpg

Worth it

• Options
    Can confirm, she's carried me in a lot of stuff with NP looping.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I got a NP2 Illyasviel off the GSSR but got Beni-Enma off the first summon ticket I threw at her banner so who's to say if this game is good or bad

• Options
    Oh, all gachas are bad.

• Options
    Blew through renovations yesterday so I went through the rest of the story today. I liked it a lot! Was fun to see all the various Servants interacting with each other and the various side stories. Like the running joke about the masseuse and security guard, since I'm pretty sure in canon we don't know who he actually is yet! Just his title from LB3. Also I'm very happy to see that Fionn finally got some good characterization in this event beyond playing him as a joke.

Also can't stop laughing at the Infinite Kiyohime quest.
    Suddenly vore.

• Options
    I was shocked to see an event/story in FGO where Fionn was useful, competent, and treated with the respect due to his legends instead of the one-note joke they've always had him be in the past.

I also didn't expect Gordon Ramsey Vergil Sparrow but I enjoyed it.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, I just wrapped up what appears to be the main plot stuff for the event, and its cleverness kind of snuck up on me. It's remarkably well balanced in the writing department, somehow including silly interludes (Jing Ke doing karaoke fucking ruled) alongside its otherworldly drama without either feeling out of place; Beni-Enma herself got a nice mix of both moments and I wound up liking her a lot. And yeah, I wasn't expecting much from Fionn given his past appearances, but he stood out well in a pretty crowded main cast and had plenty to do plotwise. Really, this is one of the strongest events they've had in a while, right up there with last summer for me.

Also, 100% rolling for the masseuse/security guard when he comes up, that man is hardcore. Related LB3 spoiler,
    it was a nice bit of detail that, after his last fight, he just fell to the ground instead of fading away, given that in the Lostbelt he was a living person that just happened to be really good at punching. Gave the scene a lot more weight than most of the plot deaths thus far, even the handful that have stuck.

Also-also Okita is
    still salty about the lack of a swimsuit. God damn it game, quit toying with the poor girl, she's got it hard enough :sad:

Stolls on
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    I'm pretty happy with the event so far. The... mini-events when you unlock new areas are nice (+1 for karaoke... extended Love Is Dracul pretty catchy too).

Roll-wise... 150 SQ at Scathach with only a cat to show for it... which is funny because she's not on rateup for the NY banners.

This brings my total number of new Tamamos today to 2... although one of them is capped at level 60 for now due to insufficient Caster Pieces. No complaints, though.

• Options
    I am mad that Oni Liz isn't a costume yet.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Welcome to the year of hell boyo’s.

Oh I did the GSSR a couple of days back and got that chinese Ruler broken dude and dude Artoria. My 2nd double SSR ever so that’s nice I guess?

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Shit this isn’t the college football thread

Uh, how about that Scathach

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Oh, how can I not try for Scathach? Minidusa needs a tag-team buddy for her quick debuff. And, well, I suppose she might be fun to team up with that one caster, Scotty or whoever, I dunno.

Okay, fine, I'm also compulsively driven to complete sets of characters now. Point is, she finally showed up:

jVRaOM4.jpg

Like Mordred, she proved elusive in multiple previous attempts, so a last-second appearance after about 20 tickets and a 10-pull is a welcome surprise. Only actually tried her a few times, but she done lances stuff real good and still seems to demolish bosses with ease. Of further interest is one of the tickets coughed up kaleidoscope #6 - or as I call it, "Hey Fran, I got something for you!"

2021's off to an agreeable start, I say :+1:

Stolls on
  • Options
    OSAKABEHIME YOU SPOOKING JACKASS

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    ...I got Mr. Golden from the GSSR.
    I know he's supposedly good, but dang it he's just too lame, and my least favorite class to boot. To add injury to insult, 120 saint quartz and 15 summon tickets at the Tamamo/Cat banner and I didn't even get one 4 star servant.
    To top it off work has been kicking my butt so I'm just now at 90k satisfaction. This is not going well! Dang it Beni-Enma why does your event hate me?!

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    Have you considered

Being more Golden?

I can sympathize re: the event though. I am behind and my rolls yesterday don’t help

At least I got Diarmuid, who I’m fond of. Can’t say the same for Tomoe, though.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Have you considered

Being more Golden?

I can sympathize re: the event though. I am behind and my rolls yesterday don’t help

At least I got Diarmuid, who I’m fond of. Can’t say the same for Tomoe, though.

Rider Golden is Golden-ultra-fantastic-golden! Zerker Golden is... well... yeeeeeaaahhh.
    Tomoe is mega adorable in this event, but I think we can all agree MVP this time around goes to Fionn.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    Golden Zerker has a 50% self charge. He's ultra golden.

• Options
    Golden is the god of all bros and will serve you well in whatever form he shows up.

Anyway, Li was a no-show, and I think I know why, because earlier I took another shot at either NP2 fox or birb, and, well...

5nk11tO.jpg

...that would seem to be where my luck went. Beni-enma was fun to try out and I enjoyed her story stuff in the event; her skills seem interesting in that they're best used early, though the healing demerit doesn't seem like a huge problem for what they give you. In any case, a welcome addition, even if it means no Guard Captain. :+1:

Also, I'm surprised more wasn't made of
    Ereshkigal spying the MC chatting with her, considering the fair bit the two have in common. I sense a cooking duel sometime in the future.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Is it worth continuing to farm lumber, or should I go back to trying to dig myself out of bone or QP hell?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    Birb get. I really liked the story so I threw her a few more singles after I finished it. My crazy saber luck continues I have almost all of them except the guy from Shimosa, Lancelot, and Saber classic.

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    Is it worth continuing to farm lumber, or should I go back to trying to dig myself out of bone or QP hell?

Generally I haven't found the QP farming for the events worth it once you're done with the shop. I could be mistaken, might be some cost effective CE lineup, but it seems like you spend more AP than you otherwise would farming doors.

On another note, why am I just finding out about FGO Carnival Phantasm my god this is need-to-know information people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpTRbF2EuLg

All the Cu variants getting cut all at once. Nero riding the Mecha-Elis to battle. Gudako grailing Red Hare to 100.

*sniff*

It's magnificent.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I just did an impulse 10-roll on the Jalter banner and got Xiang Yu, Finn McCool (NP2), and Atalante Alter. I thought I was free from the hand farms after getting everyone to max level, but I guess not.