As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Democratic Primary

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Hickenlooper also would like to Sanders and Warren.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Hickenlooper, lying by saying that none of the new Democratic congresspeople who won in the midterms were progressives.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Hickenlooper, lying by saying that none of the new Democratic congresspeople who won in the midterms were progressives.

You heard it here first, AOC is officially a centrist now

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    If you have a device that can stream CNNGo according to their website you can live-stream it free without a cable provider. Working so far for me.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

You heard it here first, AOC is officially a centrist now

He meant the ones that won GOP seats. Even that's wrong, but it's closer to accurate.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Say something in Spanish O'Rourke.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hick should know better. But also he is a boring center-left bureaucrat. We all knew he wasn't winning this election.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Buttigieg REALLY wanted to be on stage with Biden.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    That is a pretty good turn of phrase from Buttigieg: How did Trump get within cheating distance of the presidency?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    OK Warren's is the best

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I <3 Warren still.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Holy shit Sanders' opening statement isn't fucking around. I love it.

Edit - "Tonight while we're here," and then a list of how many people are disadvantaged in so many ways in America while corporations are making x amount of billions of dollars. Nice.

Henroid on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    That is a pretty good turn of phrase from Buttigieg: How did Trump get within cheating distance of the presidency?

His party helped him a bunch

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    So for posterity, the first question of the debate is being asked at about the 25 minute mark.

• Options
    This is old school angry Bernie. Which is what he needs to be. I will enjoy the show with him.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »

His party helped him a bunch

Stacking the deck in your favor then pulling the rules when it's not working was just one of the many things
    Again this is not the 2016 election

• Options
    Bernie making fun of idiots like Delaney (and often reporters) is when I like Bernie the best.

• Options
    And Sanders just gutted Delaney. Which I am fine with this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Ok Jake, thank you for allowing Sanders to light Delaney on fire.

I enjoyed that

• Options
    Hooo boy Delaney is making a mistake going after Sanders with some stupid nonsensical shit. "Illegal" healthcare? What are you talking about you lunatic?

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Dulaney’s response to Bernie was not good.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Senator Sanders, what do you say to John Delaney, who says Medicare-for-All is bad policy?

"You're wrong."

Big cheers.

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    I still cant wrap my mind around politicians saying that people love their private insurance.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    never die wrote: »
    Dulaney’s response to Bernie was not good.
    You could say it was political suicide~

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    The 1% candidates have no incentive not to go loose cannons on the rules. Will they ever cut the mics? Stay tuned to find out.

• Options
    ok now Warren spreads the ashes.

Jesus

• Options
    Fuck you Delaney. Warren just gutted you and handed you your intestines.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Warren and Sanders are the power couple tonight, if this keeps up I'm going to love it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »
    I still cant wrap my mind around politicians saying that people love their private insurance.

They are a huge lobby with $$$$ it's an easy route

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hooo boy Delaney is making a mistake going after Sanders with some stupid nonsensical shit. "Illegal" healthcare? What are you talking about you lunatic?

Maybe a reference to California's healthcare expansion to undocumented minors, probably? It sounds like an echo chamber talking point.

• Options
    Oh she's talking about Ady Barkan fuuck

• Options
    Warren made a really strong point - they shouldn't be using Republican talking points but the Centrists (or "moderates," whatever you want to call them) keep doing it.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Bernie making fun of idiots like Delaney (and often reporters) is when I like Bernie the best.

Isn't Delaney the current NCAA Football B10 commish?I bet he thought he could cruise tonight, because he was on B10 country.

I hope he gets burned to ashes.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Warren is eviscerating CNN.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Warren is the best. Ripping Delaney for attacking her and Sanders with "Republican talking points."

• Options
    She would not say she'd raise taxes on the middle class though. Dodged it twice.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    warren and sanders up against these also-ran centrist clowns seems like it might work out okay

Warren telling them to knock it off with Republican talking points on health insurance was great. I dislike personal anecdotes about, "my friend xxx who has this problem that makes me relatable" though.

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Maybe a reference to California's healthcare expansion to undocumented minors, probably? It sounds like an echo chamber talking point.
    No he was saying Medicare For All would make existing healthcare plans "illegal," which is... very Republican-Alarmist sounding.

• Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Isn't Delany the current NCAA Football B10 commish?I bet he thought he could cruise tonight, because he was on B10 country.

I hope he gets burned to ashes.

That's Jim, not John. Jim is even more of a fucking tool than John is.

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    warren and sanders up against these also-ran centrist clowns seems like it might work out okay

Warren telling them to knock it off with Republican talking points on health insurance was great. I dislike personal anecdotes about, "my friend xxx who has this problem that makes me relatable" though.

Ady Barkan is an activist on health care, he's pretty famous.

https://twitter.com/AdyBarkan

This discussion has been closed.