As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 2020 Democratic Primary

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tim Ryan needs to sit his ass down, hahahaha. "You can't know that." "I WROTE THE DAMN BILL." Get 'em Sanders.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Oh my god "I do know that I wrote the damn bill" just blew up Tim Ryan holy fuck

Tim Ryan basically explains that apparently all union members are living in a hellscape, barely clinging to life due to their private health insurance.

Bernie is KILLING all the moderates oh my god

Psn:wazukki
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    OOOH! "I did the math on that" "Maybe you did and made money off it..."

Bernie is just.. not giving any fucks tonight.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Well this is lively if nothing else.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Delaney's guts are all over the floor. Someone shoot this man and put us out of our misery. He sounds like an idiot and its driving me crazy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Phasen wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    I still cant wrap my mind around politicians saying that people love their private insurance.

A lot of people do. As far as I know from polling people who have good private insurance likes it a lot.

The middle and lower class do not make a decision on private insurance. Their employers do.

That doesn't change anything I said though.

You wanna argue that people like their private healthcare due to polling. People like that they have healthcare. You dont know what it's like in America in regards to healthcare.

Again, irrelevant to anything I said.

Politicians say people like their private insurance because many of them do. The lack of choice doesn't change that.

• PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    I still cant wrap my mind around politicians saying that people love their private insurance.

A lot of people do. As far as I know from polling people who have good private insurance likes it a lot.

The middle and lower class do not make a decision on private insurance. Their employers do.

You wanna argue that people like their private healthcare due to polling. People like that they have healthcare. You dont know what it's like in America in regards to healthcare.

Politicians say people like their private insurance because many of them do. The lack of choice doesn't change that.

You dont know what it's like in America.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Buttigieg with the "it will still be illegal to cross the border." Not the best thing to open your position with you dope.

Edit - Uh, he doesn't really understand the problem RE: immigration reform. What the fuck?

Henroid on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Buttigieg just lied by implication about Castro's position, which is to stop treating border crossing as a criminal matter.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    So cool to watch out left most party shit on health care policy that would be centrist anywhere else

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

I generally think I have good health insurance. I'm also at a company which can afford to give me multiple good, negotiated options.

Blow it up if it means Medicare for all and other people don't have to live in constant debt/fear of debt.

I will give Pete bonus points for calling out the hand raising bullshit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Wrote the damn bill just happened to me. So yeah, I am behind.

Also, if people can get healthcare, then maybe unions can negotite for actual benefits!

Fencingsax on
    "Would you decriminalize illegal border crossing?" What a stupid fucking question.

Moderators: shut the fuck up.

Let me say something.

The security isn't the problem. It's what we do with and how we regard those who cross illegally.

So are the polls wrong? Based on what?

You keep saying this but have yet to establish why that's relevant to the polls showing that people like the healthcare they personally get.

Here's some Gallup polling from Dec of last year, for example:
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/245195/americans-rate-healthcare-quite-positively.aspx

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Warren/Sanders ticket please.
    This is the ideal situation.

I disagree. The VP for Sanders or, my preference, Warren should be younger and be set up to continue their work after they're out of office. One of the more progressive candidates could be groomed to follow up. Sanders is old enough that two terms aren't a guarantee, and Warren, though younger, might not be up for running after 8 years.

I also don't think Sanders' ego would allow him to play second fiddle to anyone else. But I fully admit my bias against Sanders here. I like his policy goals, but I find his 'old man yelling' shtick tiring.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Moderators: We may have Tapper, but we have standards.

Jesus jumped up Christ I'm having actual flashbacks. Immigration reform can NEVER have nuance in America as an issue, it always gets framed by politicians and the media as "COMPLETE DECRIMINALIZATION VS LOCK THEM ALL UP AND STARVE THEM."

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Moderators: We may have Tapper, but we have standards.

Still get Seth Myers as a moderator

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Bold of Bernie to develop Wolverine style claws for this debate

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Hickenlooper seems pretty cool with treating immigrants as a permanent underclass unless I misheard that.

You keep saying this but have yet to establish why that's relevant to the polls showing that people like the healthcare they personally get.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245195/americans-rate-healthcare-quite-positively.aspx

The general rule is who the question is asked to and the usage level.

Folks who use their insurance regularly (chronic disease, major issue like cancer, and so on) have much much lower ratings. Those who go to a GP for a free check up once a year are okay with their insurance.

Most folks don't know what their insurance covers without using it for an emergency and get a $5,000+ bill out of no where.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Who let all these Republicans on stage for the Democratic Party Primary Debate?

• HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    CNN is doing a way better job of regulating the conversation than MSNBC did.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
    Henroid wrote: »
    Who let all these Republicans on stage for the Democratic Party Primary Debate?

Its ok Grandpa had his apple juice and he's ready to goooo

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Sorry Ms. Williamson can you please give your time to someone else? Also the confused look of everyone as she talks is funny though.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Heartlash wrote: »
    CNN is doing a way better job of regulating the conversation than MSNBC did.

Also somehow more right wing than Chuck Todd, so there's that.

I'm too mad right now to be amused by Williamson being out of her depth. Drop out you idiot we have some serious shit going on.

Mazzyx wrote: »

The general rule is who the question is asked to and the usage level.

Folks who use their insurance regularly (chronic disease, major issue like cancer, and so on) have much much lower ratings. Those who go to a GP for a free check up once a year are okay with their insurance.

Most folks don't know what their insurance covers without using it for an emergency and get a $5,000+ bill out of no where.

Well yeah. But those folks are still a lot of folks. Hence the polling. Which is why politicians talk about and to them. One should not be surprised at that.

Healthcare reform rhetoric has to navigate that issue. Along with a boatload of terror at uncertainty.

The moderates absolutely refuse to name villains. Things just don't happen in Washington for some reason.

I think Klobuchar was the first to bring up McConnell? Good stuff

edited July 2019
    Buttigieg has exactly one message: "I'M YOUNG."

enlightenedbum on
    "This is not about systems and words" says Klobuchar after she literally said the problem was the system of the NRA being able to use money to influence elected officials.

wazilla wrote: »

Yeah, and after I made that post she named NRA and Mitch. She's done well tonight.

wazilla wrote: »

Yeah, and after I made that post she named NRA and Mitch. She's done well tonight.

I didn't even see your post when I posted. I think it happened at basically the same time.

"Americans for Americans for America" had to be a canned line.

And you don't pass an executive order, Bullock.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fucking moderators. Warren wanted to speak on gun lobbying, and you go to WILLIAMSON?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Marianne is higher on my list than half of these white dudes.

psn: PhasenWeeple
This discussion has been closed.