As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

enjoy mustard ice cream in the [bad food] thread

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    You knew the hot dog industry wouldn't take mustard ice cream laying down.

With no ketchup ice cream I guess it's suppose to be eaten with tomato, relish, celery salt, and a pickle spear. Chicago style ice dog

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I wonder if icecream trucks will have it. If some curious unwary child points at the picture the attendant winces turns, opens up the freezer pulls the item and with a dry smile says enjoy to the child. The child bites down as it fades to black

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Then for dessert you can have some Sweeedish Fish* Ice Cream:
    agmrvu4kvkq4.png

*That's the actual name, assume so they don't get sued.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My favorite Chinese restaurant as a late kid/young teen had a dessert that still haunts me 20 years later called "Banana Comet"

A big scoop of deep fried ice cream with a pile of deep fried banana chunks with streaks of chocolate and strawberry syrup.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    You knew the hot dog industry wouldn't take mustard ice cream laying down.

Y'all summoned this thing into existence.

I'm so proud of you

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    your first eldritch ritual!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Do not call up that which you cannot put down.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Very excited for all of the bad food trucks at gencon tomorrow

I should go to gencon next year

It's good! And a lot closer than any of the paxes

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    My favorite Chinese restaurant as a late kid/young teen had a dessert that still haunts me 20 years later called "Banana Comet"

A big scoop of deep fried ice cream with a pile of deep fried banana chunks with streaks of chocolate and strawberry syrup.

I think a rite of passage for every child who has ordered some kind of deep fried banana from a Chinese restaurant is absolutely scorching their mouths.

Whether the kind you got is the kind that is covered in batter, or the kind that was fried with liquid sugar covering which is then immediately dunked into ice water to set it, countless children have burned their mouths and had that memory seared into their minds.

It is probably secretly one of the most powerful "you should listen to what other people tell you" teaching tools in existence.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    NO

FUCK

NO

Different isnt always better people.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    A friend invited me over when he'd made elote and it's the first thing I've eaten that I could only describe as decadent. Eating it felt like cheating, somehow.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    aww man, I love that

I made a sauce with fresh chili powder, sour cream, feta crumbled up a lot, bit of garlic, bit of black pepper, and a couple fresh squeezes of lime juice. Slather it over corn grilled in naught but olive oil and its husk.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    A friend invited me over when he'd made elote and it's the first thing I've eaten that I could only describe as decadent. Eating it felt like cheating, somehow.

Elote with fresh crema and just the right amount chili powder and crumbled casero cheese is MAGICAL.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I usually at least put chili and lime on corn, it's just so good. Full elote is amazing.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Very excited for all of the bad food trucks at gencon tomorrow

I should go to gencon next year

It's good! And a lot closer than any of the paxes

Pax south currently is a state over for me. compared to if Gen Con stays in Indy

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The Ultimate Guide to Fast Food in Japan (35 mins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QguuyJnmAo

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I'm an idiot, and like an idiot I started following a local Mexican place on Instagram.

This will become a problem.

(I had a burrito for dinner).

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    I'm an idiot, and like an idiot I started following a local Mexican place on Instagram.

Need details on this burrito.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

Burr-deets-o

• Options
    Looking at Google maps I have 20 Mexican food restaurants within about two miles of my house.

• Options
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

I am currently more pork than man.

Nothing particularly interesting, just a really good, somewhat meat-heavy burrito.

You look at it and think that, oh, that seems reasonable, it's not too big. And then you pick it up and realize how heavy it is, and that you might be in trouble.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    And then you picture that burrito in your gut, and suddenly it's already there.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

That much blue dye is going to make for some truly vivid green poops.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Just nabbed carry out from a restaurant soon to be bar that opened recently. Deep fried ravioli filled with a buffalo sauce cheese mixture... made from scratch. This place is a 5 minute walk from my house. They make biscuits and gravy too. ^.^
    (My arteries are doomed.)

• Options
    If you want a filling burrito try my brother's accident {We ran out of chicken so all we had was pork lion so he did a fajita spice rub followed up the lemon juice marinade
    He will cook it in the dutch oven when it has cooked to a certain point he will pull it throw in salsa and the rice. chop the lion into 1/4 or so cubes throw them back into the mix and let it redeuce. serve it on tortillas with cheese it's quite filling

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I do miss me some California style burritos.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    delicions lion
    fruit of my lions

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'm making pizza tonight and I always heat up my stones well in advance to make sure they are hot enough. Thinking that it would be nice if I had a laser/ir thermometer to measure the stones' temp I checked online for laughs thinking they would be expensive.

Oh. The really well reviewed ones are less than $20.

Well now I ordered one for fun.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

this is baffling to me.

to call something the "Ultimate Guide" and literally only mention American brands. No Mos Burger, no Lotteria... There's an entire genre of fast food in Japan that is completely absent in America - Beef Bowls, so no Yoshinoya, no Matsuya

and by far the most common form of fast food is Kombini food and that's not mentioned either

but sure, "ultimate".

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I don't really like that guy. Something about his whole thing just annoys me.

godmode on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that's some fine-looking pizza

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    that's some fine-looking pizza

It was! Edges curled a bit on one side but were nice and crispy so it was okay.

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    I don't really like that guy. Something about his whole thing just annoys me.

Only watched the first few minutes, but he's kind of obnoxiously loud. I want those seasoned McDonalds fries though.

• Options

The crust on the one on the right makes me want to steal ask you to share your pizza.

• Options
    Please send pizza.

• Options
    The one on the right is current in my stomach. Number two is packed away for future eats.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    The local grocery store has these 14oz packs of very thinly sliced steak, for like $6. Probably top round, but whatever.

For years I thought the whole 'cheese whiz' on a cheese steak was weird, but it turns out that it's the way to do it. Onion, steak, salt, pepper, roll, cheese whiz. Combine and consume, then nap.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    #pipe wrote: »

this is baffling to me.

to call something the "Ultimate Guide" and literally only mention American brands. No Mos Burger, no Lotteria... There's an entire genre of fast food in Japan that is completely absent in America - Beef Bowls, so no Yoshinoya, no Matsuya

and by far the most common form of fast food is Kombini food and that's not mentioned either

but sure, "ultimate".

Yeah, this is the last straw for me. This guy sucks, fuck’im.

Edit: I dunno what the man’s name is but from now on as far as I’m concerned he’s “Dumplings”.

Edit: which, I am delighted to discover, with the proper application of emphasis, sounds appropriately derogatory.

sarukun on
This discussion has been closed.