COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2019: LSU wins, it's now the offseason, where nothing ever happens

1646566676870»

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic Keyblade Warrior Always staring towards the distance...Registered User regular
    MSU's Mark Dantonio does an Urban, leaves football to dodge scandal for family

ESPN breaking news article

Pfffft, nothing ever happens during the offseason...

steam_sig.png

Wii FC: 2569 0668 1330 4703 3DS FC: 5455 9912 6458
    PSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354
    Steam Wishlist
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Definitely unrelated to him recently being forced to give a deposition in the Blackwell lawsuit.

Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
    The JudgeJaysonFour
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Timing also unrelated to the 4+ million bonus he recently got paid for still being the MSU coach on 1/15/20.

Last pint: NW IPA / Worthy
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    JaysonFourTrajan45
  • OghulkOghulk biggest externality low-energy economistRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Timing also unrelated to the 4+ million bonus he recently got paid for still being the MSU coach on 1/15/20.

Seems mostly about the Blackwell lawsuit that alleged he committed NCAA violations

Also I just won $5 from a bet I made with a classmate back in March

raoADVy.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So long

Farewell

Auf wiedersehen, goodniiiiiiiight

ElvenshaeBobble
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic Keyblade Warrior Always staring towards the distance...Registered User regular
    I read up on the article from The Detroit News (link here for anyone who want to see it) and sounds like Dantonio screwed himself by bringing Blackwell to a recruit home visit when Blackwell was not cleared to do so.
    Dantonio said in his Jan. 10 deposition that Blackwell never did any home visits because it would've been an NCAA violation. He did recall Blackwell once traveling with him to see a recruit, but that Blackwell remained in the car.

In his filing, Paterson said Blackwell "is prepared to provide the court with an affidavit attesting" to the visit of the five-star recruit, which can be "verified by the former five-star recruit and his parents, who were also present during the recruiting visit."

Bolded the most damning bit. I'm figuring that Blackwell wasn't along for the ride on his own time and dime and Dantonio is skirting on the technicality of the rules. At the least you cannot claim ignorance of the rules and can make the case for lack institutional control as far as recruiting goes.

steam_sig.png

Wii FC: 2569 0668 1330 4703 3DS FC: 5455 9912 6458
    PSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354
    Steam Wishlist
  • OghulkOghulk biggest externality low-energy economistRegistered User regular
    More importantly that means Dantonio perjured himself

raoADVy.png
    ani_game_bumJaysonFourElvenshae