As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D Adventurers League...will it be there and worth a trip.

AggieBearAggieBear Registered User new member
Would love to come down for PAX South, but my main interest is in D&D AL. From what I heard last year it was extremely limited and hard to get into. I don’t understand why we can do cons in Dallas with 12 AL tables (sometimes around the clock) and can’t find space for more than 7 or 8 tables at a PAX con.

• Options
    DngnMstrDngnMstr Registered User regular
    Last year was my first time at PAX South and first time playing AL. I was able to play all 3 days, but I got in line about an hour early on Saturday and went straight to the sign up table. The other days weren't too bad. I've since ran all of the adventures I played last year. They were definitely shortened greatly to fit within the allotted time. The gaming experience varied greatly depending on the DM and players for each session. Of course, that's the case anytime you play AL. My favorite session was the one on Sunday morning, so I finished on a high note. So basically, I wouldn't go just to play AL. I would go to play AL and go to some shows like Acquisitions Inc.

• Options
    AggieBearAggieBear Registered User new member
    And I completely understand that. My frustration is that PAX Prime and PAX Unplugged (and I believe one of the other PAX cons) have large Adventurers League areas. I just wish that PAX South had the same. Missed opportunity.

• Options
    ambremnerambremner Pax South Adventurer League Coordinator San AntonioRegistered User regular
    Pax South could have large D&D Adventurers League area, if the Pax staff wanted that to happen. The local D&D AL DMs would love to help make that happen.

• Options
    basotlbasotl San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm disappointed to not see a D&D AL space on the map.

• Options
  • Options
    They have a good group there so make sure to sign up early and stop by if you can volunteer for a day.

• Options
    VolcartheVolcarthe Registered User regular
    FYI: Lack of AL space is based on the support given by PAX and WotC, not the support of the local communities.

The Austin & San Antonio AL communities have busted their butts at PAX South every year, including the first year when it was literally just me trying to run games in the open gaming space.
    While DDAL is supported by WotC in other locations, they have not supported PAX South the same way.

With the new DDAL changes, we'll keep trying to make it worthwhile to attend PAX South for AL opportunities. Hopefully WOTC will lend a hand someday.