As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The snippets of the silent king model are the most interesting new thing of the necrons I think. Dude seems to run around with his personal ctan shard.

Golden Yak
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The Protoss walker, from the alleged leaks, looks like it'll have different builds. One has the doomsday cannon as a hat and the other has multiple nodes on the top it looks like.

Obviously, I am just making stuff up from what I see, can't be sure, but it's fun speculating.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Serious melee options for primaris would be rad

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    KhraulStragint
    edited May 2020

There's those guys with stormshields and power swords. They're probably taking the melee job seriously.

There also seems to be a version of that with a volkite pistol

honovere on
    Styrofoam Sammich
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Not to be a negative necron

But I really hope they manage to tighten up the balance between armies. It's such a huge swing between bottom and top tier right now that it's not even fun to play some armies against others.

And the "more cp" and "current PA books being designed for 9th" doesn't make me feel good about continuing rules bloat.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    honovereStragint
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

But I really hope they manage to tighten up the balance between armies. It's such a huge swing between bottom and top tier right now that it's not even fun to play some armies against others.

And the "more cp" and "current PA books being designed for 9th" doesn't make me feel good about continuing rules bloat.

More CP is fine depending how it works.

From the unnamed sources/rumor mill of folks I know...

CP bonuses for mono armies and elite armies like Custodes.

Soup cost CP.

All armies will get their doctrine equivalents whatever that is.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Khraul
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Also looks like there's a necron immortal subcommander too. He's a bit fancier than the regular immortals.

edited May 2020
    And a partially hidden guy with some factotum looking servants.
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Also looks like there's a necron immortal subcommander too. He's a bit fancier than the regular immortals.

Get ready for a new line of immortal lieutenants.

honovere on
    Stragint
    I wonder if we'll see a return of all the underbosses, Shas'el etc in order for them to upgrade into big heroes later via the crusade system.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

More CP is fine depending how it works.

From the unnamed sources/rumor mill of folks I know...

CP bonuses for mono armies and elite armies like Custodes.

Soup cost CP.

All armies will get their doctrine equivalents whatever that is.

It’s not “more” CP per se, it’s CP based on the size of the game (points, power, whatever) with deductions for taking allied forces, based on what they elaborated later in the stream.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I am most excited for potential Black Library books in the vein of Severed / with Necrons. I am a nerd.

Spoilering because I'm on mobile and can't see the image size, but here's a leaked pic of the marine half of the rumored new box set.
    Primaris bikers, new melee units, big sword guy, and melts aggressors apparently. (Plus chainsword Primaris)m4ydvj2jyot9.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    H3KnucklesNo-Quarter
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I see primaris with meltas and god I want that Chaplain or whatever the dude in the back is.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I see primaris with meltas and god I want that Chaplain or whatever the dude in the back is.

Yeah, that model is definitely the highlight for me.

Gonna be a day one pre-order o think

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    It's a Lord Relictor Primaris Relicticessinator.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    honovereKhraulH3KnucklesNo-Quarter
    Justicar I think I've seen people say

The guy in the back looks like the painted version of this guy.

yd3qn4dn0xh2.png

KhraulH3KnucklesNo-Quarter
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I want all the space marine models in that leaked pic
    New Assault marines, yes, chunky assault marines with shields, yes, some sort of devastator primaris marines yes, new bikes Hell Yes, love me some bikes

Now to plan what Transformers to paint them as!

Khraul
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    What is probably the Silent King model looks to be like a Necron version of Katakros, with all of his top guys hanging around him. So that's great.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    Bizazedo
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Hopefully the assault intercessor box will have optional jump packs of some sort so we can finally put squatty marines behind us.

H3Knuckles
    edited May 2020
    Hopefully the assault intercessor box will have optional jump packs of some sort so we can finally put squatty marines behind us.

Oh my goodness that would be fantastic.

I'm already looking at a blood angel true scale project... For them to just actually be primaris would be amazing

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

They are but it was my brother's plan to do loyal world eaters primaris but you could only get a melee with the characters which was a shame and he did not feel like dropping down to phobos as that did not really help the problem
    As Whirlwind of rage and hungery for battle don't work for a gunline

As I get annoyed with the options and dual/triple nature of the kits I liked how they fixed the assault back in the mid 2000's
    Just sadly this also means I can put away my normal black templars in favor of all primaris army

• GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I didn't expect 9th to be announced already, but it's cool! Glad to have it confirmed that it's an evolution not a complete re-think like 8th.

If the new assault intercessors don't have better movement options, I don't think they are going to be played over regular intercessors. Of course I play a gun line army, so in my case definitely not...but I think in general regular intercessors are already pretty good at combat, especially if they are veterans. If the assault intercessors don't bring movement to the table I'm not sure what they offer besides being very melee focused. Interested to see the rules.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    BrainleechH3Knuckles
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I bought the 8th edition rulebook like 2 weeks ago...

Call customer service, seriously. I have no insider information here but they generally make good on these situations.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a receipt from my FLGS.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    So I did some quick paint tests for my Necrons. Trying to go for something dark. Leadbelcher is too bright.

I did a black wash on all of them. Might do a 4th one using black metal from scale 75.

This one is leadbelcher.
    kmxcbgergptq.jpg

This is vallejo burnt iron.
    d6xvbvylqmx2.jpg

This is vallejo gun metal grey.
    qx0j8n6ckijk.jpg

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    H3KnucklesAxen
  • WatcherWatcher Registered User regular
    I like the Vallejo Burnt Iron one.

Straginthonoveretzeentchling
    edited May 2020
    Vallejo burnt iron is the best metallic paint ever

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    StragintSmokeStacks
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vallejo burnt iron is the best metallic paint ever

I need that in my life. I've tried their oily steel and silver and both don't seem to have great coverage.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Yea, burnt iron is a fantastic paint. I really like finding times to use it.

This is the black metal from scale 75 with a black wash.
    xvi3j4miuqbs.jpg

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    H3Knuckleshonovere
    So I am on discord with my gaming club which is the big local club for Virginia. Aka we help run NoVA and drink with Mike and such.

The ongoing shade at him is great. We love Mike but its funny.

So does this mean the lounge can go back to being a chill place to get drunk for charity and play card games with like-minded nerds and less of an acoustic wank-fest?

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Has it really been that long since 8th? How time flies.

I'm glad ordinance is becoming a thing again, may have to break out the Vindicator for my Thousand Sons.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I have three mk1 Vindicators.

I'm excited for ordinance being stronger.

v4qga3p6l725.jpg
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    if the new edition is good, and necrons are fun/fit my headcannon flufff, i may finally do my undead/skeleton conversion army. Slowly.

akirasig.jpg
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I didn't expect 9th to be announced already, but it's cool! Glad to have it confirmed that it's an evolution not a complete re-think like 8th.

If the new assault intercessors don't have better movement options, I don't think they are going to be played over regular intercessors. Of course I play a gun line army, so in my case definitely not...but I think in general regular intercessors are already pretty good at combat, especially if they are veterans. If the assault intercessors don't bring movement to the table I'm not sure what they offer besides being very melee focused. Interested to see the rules.

Well the rules hint that it’s going to be easier to get closer either with new terrain rules or the reserves rule.

In 8th edition sure, you’d struggle to get places on foot.

What I wouldn’t mind seeing go away or seeing decrease is the number of reroll auras.

PSN Fleety2009
    So new Primaris is what? Pictures look like

Assault intercessors
    Melta Gravis
    Bikes
    Veterans
    Guy with banner
    Lieutenant
    Chaplain
    AoS lord relictor (thanks, keenbeam, I knew he reminded me of something)

Lieutenant model:
    kgxvhnql57px.png

H3Knuckles
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Well the rules hint that it’s going to be easier to get closer either with new terrain rules or the reserves rule.

In 8th edition sure, you’d struggle to get places on foot.

What I wouldn’t mind seeing go away or seeing decrease is the number of reroll auras.

We'll see I suppose. If they keep true LOS, which they've made no indication they aren't, it's still going to be a lot of silly "my model can see the left heel of your assault intercessor, so kiss that squad goodbye" stuff. Without movement options I still feel like they are going to get shot up moving up the board.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    If the Silent King's big bugaboo is tyranids, then... after the necrons and new primaris are out of the way, new tyranids!

H9f4bVe.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    If the Silent King's big bugaboo is tyranids, then... after the necrons and new primaris are out of the way, new tyranids!

I’m really hoping we get a big plastic kit Lord of War. A redesigned Dominatrix the size of a Stompa would be fantastic.

Though I’ll settle for a Malefactor/Dactylis kit.

What I’m expecting is a Biovore/Pyrovore kit and possibly a Lictor/Deathleaper/Shrike kit, which would wrap up the models in Finecast and the models with rules but no models because of Forgeworld.

-Loki- on
    Neurotika
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Most of the BSF characters are ludicrously undercosted for Kill Teams

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited May 2020
    Better pics of all the new necron and Primaris stuff up on WarCom.

I bet chaos marines are really happy that some of their executioners defected to the Imperium.

Silent King is actually three models. Looks fantastic.
    New Monolith ist quite the surprise. Redone vehicles doesn't happen that often.

Ctan looking thingy looks also promising.

And that new destroyer (lord?) Is beefy

I really like the design concept to the executioner. He's basically a half disrobed bare chested dude with shin guards an one arm armoured.

honovere on
    Khraul