As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    The new Bile kind of reminds me of Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2, for some reason.

He kinda looks like an evil Ben Franklin to me.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Axen wrote: »
    The new Bile kind of reminds me of Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2, for some reason.

But you repeat yourself

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I mean that explains the pimp cane.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

"Energy and persistence conquer all things!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I really prefer the Ghaz looking toward his klaw instead of his shoota:

lTfWZmB.jpg

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Do you have a Dread you and a marine or something you can put next to him? I still can't tell how big he is.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    Do you have a Dread you and a marine or something you can put next to him? I still can't tell how big he is.

That is a dread base I think.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Koreg wrote: »

xY2q3kn.jpg

edit: I don't actually have two Ghaz models, I was building mine over at a friend's shop earlier and comparing it next to his.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Huh I thought he was bigger than that

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I don't even have Orks and I want that model.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    If they don't make the change, how does the lack of representation harm others in any way?

Ahhh, privelege at work

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Great hot take on a post from nearly a month ago regarding a topic everyone was happy to abandon.

I'm curious to see if you'll get kicked from the thread for "stirring up shit".

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Bile looks pretty great, but I think the Katakros model from AoS has spoiled me, because whenever a character doesn't have an absolute ton of shit on their base I feel a twinge of disappointment. It's a perfectly reasonable base size, but these days I always expect something at least at Abaddon's 60mm level covered in corpses and broken crap.

I wonder if Bile will get a ton more assistant-type models for his sub-faction, and hopefully some of his 'augmented' creations as units. A pack of various assistants carrying alchemy gear bustling around with Bile as the centerpiece would make a great diorama.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    @SmokeStacks

Is the alternate build a stock GW option or did your buddy do some cutting and glueing?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    @SmokeStacks

Is the alternate build a stock GW option or did your buddy do some cutting and glueing?

Stock gw

• Options
    @SmokeStacks

It's a stock option. There are two different neck pieces that attach to the body, one for each orientation. He built his facing the shoota, I built mine facing the klaw.

The rubble on the base also has four flat surfaces, so each pose has its own mounting option.

• Options
    Well that's awesome, I like the alt pose quite a bit more

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The limited time Lieutenant Amulius order is up on GW's site if anyone is interested.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Primaris-Lieutenant-Amulius-MTO-2020

It looks like they've listed everything online as out of stock while they're shut down... Which means I ended up buying 2 for $80 to get free shipping instead of one for $40 plus $27 shipping plus tax.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    My next hobby project is the infiltrators/incursors box I got a while back. Before I get started on them I was wondering if one unit is obviously better than the other? Is there a chapter that runs the vanguard marines particularly well? And should I paint anything - like arms - before I glue them this time?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Nechriah wrote: »
    My next hobby project is the infiltrators/incursors box I got a while back. Before I get started on them I was wondering if one unit is obviously better than the other? Is there a chapter that runs the vanguard marines particularly well? And should I paint anything - like arms - before I glue them this time?

I think Incursors are considered a bit better because they are cheaper and they are better in melee combat.

They both have very similar options. Combat squad, concealed positions, and smoke grenades.

Incursors ignore hit roll and ballistic skill modifiers and ignore cover saves. They also have a 10 point land mine that you can drop while moving. Also have paired combat knives so they get an extra hit on an unmodified hit roll of 6.

Infiltrators have a 12 inch deep strike denial and on an unmodified hit roll of a 6 is a wound so you wont need to do a wound roll for those. They can also take a 10 point upgrade that lets them benefit from the reroll of 1 to hit from a captain in phobos armor and reroll of 1 to wound from an LT in phobos armor on matter where they are on the board. Instead of that 10 point upgrade you can take a medic for 32 points who can heal wounds on models in the squad or revive a model in the squad on a 5+, 4 or less and he can't shoot that turn.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    The Infiltrator deep strike denial is really nice, especially if they're parked on an objective.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The Infiltrator deep strike denial is really nice, especially if they're parked on an objective.

Yeah that's a huge shutdown for some army lists. Not being able to deep strike straight into combat can really take the fangs out of some builds that would otherwise be terrifying.

• Options
    I really enjoy using the phobos stuff with my Space Wolves. I feel like it is pretty thematic for them though I do tend to do stupid shit with them. Did a 3 person game and we used the ruined watch tower on weathertop terrain piece and put it directly in the middle. I dropped four 5 man squads of Infiltrators in, a wolf lord in phobos armor and two wolf guard battle leader in phobos armor, and a squad of 3 eliminators with two las fusils and I went to town.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Yeah I really like the look of all the phobos marines, and Space Wolves are one of the chapters I like (both lore-wise and colour scheme-wise)

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    On the other hand, some armies really don't care at all about infiltrators, and then they're just really expensive chaff. Personally, I think Incursors are the more practical of the two. A 9" denial bubble on an infiltrating unit will still mess with deepstriking armies if you place them right, plus they're quite a bit cheaper and can mine stuff, which always disproportionately messes with people's heads.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Several armies have tricks to deepstrike within 9 inches and infiltrators still push them back to 12 inches, i.e. grey knights and genestealer cults.

Infiltrators definitely have their place.

• Options
    God I want these models so badly.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/30/engine-war-requisition-approvedgw-homepage-post-2/

Especially the flamer horses.

FLAMER HORSES!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/30/engine-war-requisition-approvedgw-homepage-post-2/

FLAMER HORSES!

Yea, the new AdMech stuff has me considering expanding my rusty 17.

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

FLAMER HORSES!

Mine went from a rusty 17 to a small 1k force to a new army in a short period of time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Found this on a local facebook group and thought I'd share... more pics of Ghaz vs another model for scale.
    5qv13ftdvsl3.jpg
    qwttkyu19bju.jpg
    cmxtu6oqyu4l.jpg

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »

FLAMER HORSES!

Mine went from a rusty 17 to a small 1k force to a new army in a short period of time.

Mine is 4 Skitarii {I still need to fix the legs of the ones I built } 2 squads of Ruststalkers, two dunecrawlers . I just wanted to get some priests and robots to round them out but it was the preview of the tank they came out with and then with the flyers and horsemen that made me really rethink what am I doing with this army?

• Options
    Found this on a local facebook group and thought I'd share... more pics of Ghaz vs another model for scale.
    5qv13ftdvsl3.jpg
    qwttkyu19bju.jpg
    cmxtu6oqyu4l.jpg

Ghaz v Abaddon: "My klaw'z bigger'n yerz!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I guess my main question about Aquilos cereal is whether it counts as Imperial soup.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I guess my main question about Aquilos cereal is whether it counts as Imperial soup.

Yakkity schmakkity dooooooooooooo

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Fifth and final (for this chapter and least) Astartes short just went live, and fully cements this series as one of the coolest effing things I've ever seen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCcpMW8fSs

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    That escalated a bit.

Have to take a closer look at the teaser at the he end, but that looked like a Blood Angel for a second and then maybe shuriken fire?

honovere on
  • Options
    God damn that is red hot.
    Any ideas what the orb thing is? A.I.? Chaos? C'tan? Old One? Something else?!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    I got prophecy of the wolf today. My brother is impressed with Thraka but is kind of disappointed in Ragnar as he is really a mono pose no alt parts

• Options
    Bad space ball.
    I like that it's intentionally obscure as hell. Makes it way creepier.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, it actually seems more like something out of The Fifth Element rather than anything already established in 40k lore. Not that that’s a bad thing; such artefacts and phenomena as are already described are known to be the very tippy tip top of the vast and dark iceberg of Weird Shit going down in 40k on a regular basis…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.