[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

16061636566101

Posts

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 15
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

    Stragint I think

    Yea, it was me.


    Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

    I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

    That would be fantastic

    These pics show exactly what I did. It does not look pretty but it works.
    r1uylx5.jpg
    7RIy1QT.jpg
    AvoyniO.jpg
    Biki4hU.jpg

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Styrofoam Sammich
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 15
    I've got a bit of free time today, so I thought I'd build the few NIB kits I have kicking around for various armies.

    Went to build the Eisenhorn kit I've had sitting here for like a year....

    It's a bloody resin kit.... I'm so disappointed. Goddamn resin kits. I've been DUPED! My goal of never ever working with resin is ruined.

    Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I've got a bit of free time today, so I thought I'd build the few NIB kits I have kicking around for various armies.

    Went to build the Eisenhorn kit I've had sitting here for like a year....

    It's a bloody resin kit.... I'm so disappointed. Goddamn resin kits. I've been DUPED! My goal of never ever working with resin is ruined.

    I have Severina Raine and I followed the directions but there is a gap between the body armor and her waist
    x445qxlewyw3.png
    So it's going to be fun to fill that in when it gets warmer
    I only have a few more models of resin by Gw {the previous incubi, two necrons and an autarch.} The necrons are in a plano container surrounded by foam as I have broke them leaving them in their separate cubicles in the container
    I have not put together the autarch as I don't know what set up I want

  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    So I put the finishing touches on my first Bolter CSM squad and for a change of pace started building a Rhino.

    The scaling is, uh... Not very good, when I put the Marines next to it. The idea of 10 spiky boys cramming in there is hilarious.

    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

    You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    Nechriah
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

    Stragint I think

    Yea, it was me.


    Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

    I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

    That would be fantastic

    These pics show exactly what I did. It does not look pretty but it works.
    r1uylx5.jpg
    7RIy1QT.jpg
    AvoyniO.jpg
    Biki4hU.jpg

    Where did you pick up the electronic components?

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    So I put the finishing touches on my first Bolter CSM squad and for a change of pace started building a Rhino.

    The scaling is, uh... Not very good, when I put the Marines next to it. The idea of 10 spiky boys cramming in there is hilarious.

    Place them next to an old mk1 Rhino for added hilarity.

    gRAhjXV.gif
    H3Knuckles
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    So I put the finishing touches on my first Bolter CSM squad and for a change of pace started building a Rhino.

    The scaling is, uh... Not very good, when I put the Marines next to it. The idea of 10 spiky boys cramming in there is hilarious.

    Place them next to an old mk1 Rhino for added hilarity.

    I know my brother has a original rhino and razorback but I don't see him use them often enough to see them side by side

  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Few bits of info re the Eisenhorn show:
    “No production contracts have been signed yet,” he said. “Our experts continue to work with our external partners learning how this industry works to ensure, if it does go into production, our first TV show is not only true to our IP but is a commercial success too.”

    Also don't expect their business practices to change anytime soon, they've posted another large increase in sales/profits.

    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jan/14/warhammer-tv-series-games-workshop-sales

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

    Stragint I think

    Yea, it was me.


    Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

    I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

    That would be fantastic

    These pics show exactly what I did. It does not look pretty but it works.
    r1uylx5.jpg
    7RIy1QT.jpg
    AvoyniO.jpg
    Biki4hU.jpg

    Where did you pick up the electronic components?

    I bought it all on Amazon. I can add links, it was all fairly cheap. Just can't attach the links to a word on my phone.

    WGCD 10 PCS 2x CR2032 Coin Button Cell Battery Holder Socket with On/Off Switch and Cover, Lead Wire Type https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8BBH54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cZ4hEbEK3GP89

    Chanzon 100pcs (10 colors x 10pcs) 3mm Light Emitting Diode LED Lamp Assorted Kit Warm White Red Yellow Green Blue Orange UV Pink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AUI4W5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IZ4hEbVJ9YFY5

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Styrofoam SammichH3Knuckles
  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Re: GW pulling record profits

    That can't be good. Here comes individually parted models. Basically already doing it with FW stuff.

    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

    You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

    Stragint I think

    Yea, it was me.


    Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

    I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

    That would be fantastic

    These pics show exactly what I did. It does not look pretty but it works.
    r1uylx5.jpg
    7RIy1QT.jpg
    AvoyniO.jpg
    Biki4hU.jpg

    Where did you pick up the electronic components?

    I bought it all on Amazon. I can add links, it was all fairly cheap. Just can't attach the links to a word on my phone.

    WGCD 10 PCS 2x CR2032 Coin Button Cell Battery Holder Socket with On/Off Switch and Cover, Lead Wire Type https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8BBH54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cZ4hEbEK3GP89

    Chanzon 100pcs (10 colors x 10pcs) 3mm Light Emitting Diode LED Lamp Assorted Kit Warm White Red Yellow Green Blue Orange UV Pink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AUI4W5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IZ4hEbVJ9YFY5

    Does this involve soldering or can the two components twist together

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    Re: GW pulling record profits

    That can't be good. Here comes individually parted models. Basically already doing it with FW stuff.

    FW has kind of done that for years. They use to sell like small sprues at GW but it doesn't make money. My guess maybe more pushfit stuff like the new Slaves to Darkness starter. Less options in a way reducing modeling requirements.

    03x29di.png
    Burnage
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 16
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I seem to remember someone here illuminating the face on a Knight Castellan but Im not sure.

    Stragint I think

    Yea, it was me.


    Getting ready to do something similar, do you have any images or video you worked with?

    I do not, I Just kind of went with what seemed right when I was doing mine. I can take some pictures of how my is setup though if you want.

    That would be fantastic

    These pics show exactly what I did. It does not look pretty but it works.
    r1uylx5.jpg
    7RIy1QT.jpg
    AvoyniO.jpg
    Biki4hU.jpg

    Where did you pick up the electronic components?

    I bought it all on Amazon. I can add links, it was all fairly cheap. Just can't attach the links to a word on my phone.

    WGCD 10 PCS 2x CR2032 Coin Button Cell Battery Holder Socket with On/Off Switch and Cover, Lead Wire Type https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8BBH54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cZ4hEbEK3GP89

    Chanzon 100pcs (10 colors x 10pcs) 3mm Light Emitting Diode LED Lamp Assorted Kit Warm White Red Yellow Green Blue Orange UV Pink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AUI4W5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IZ4hEbVJ9YFY5

    Does this involve soldering or can the two components twist together

    You can twist them for sure, I chose to solder though to make it easier.

    To be clear, you can twist them but for the ones I had the wire connected to the battery pack had no trouble slipping off of the LED lights so soldering kept them in place.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    FW has kind of done that for years. They use to sell like small sprues at GW but it doesn't make money. My guess maybe more pushfit stuff like the new Slaves to Darkness starter. Less options in a way reducing modeling requirements.


    I'm torn, because I love the level of detail in the new kits, but I hate the lack of options for building them. A lot of the new stuff is very limited in terms of options, you basically get to pick which way the head is looking and which gun if you are lucky.

    The standard Space Marine Tactical Squad is the best 40k model kit ever as far as I am concerned. You could give that box to ten different people in this thread and you'd get ten completely different looking squads back as a result.

    gRAhjXV.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Most of my black templars are from the 3rd edition era. While trawling around ebay I saw they updated the sprue a few years ago to have grav guns and other odd items. I have been assembling my mark IV marines for the spring prime and to make room. I do like how it's basically the same ideal as the space marines from 40k as you can use much of the same parts if you are willing to chop a hand off to accept it

  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Due to the new point totals, I am trying to field a Brigade worth of Death Guard this weekend in an ITC game. I have Myphitic Blight Haulers as well which are way smaller than I thought they were. Should be interesting.

    Against Guard, though...ugh.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Khraul
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    Mazzyx wrote: »

    TBH I thought this would generate more conversation. My understanding is that the DA chapter tactic is a little on the week side considering there are other ways to get reroll 1s, though the Devastator Doctrine bonus will certainly help take advantage of it more often. The DW/RW relics and stratagems certainly make for a more effective and fluffy force. It would seem to me that DA will be encouraged to maximize a large force of DW & RW at the expense of running cheaper troop choices. That and/or more Eliminator spam.

    italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    How much cyborg is too much cyborg? :lol:

    Tiny reaper chainsword arms are hilarious.

    5iumoe890aap.jpg

    Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    StragintDayspringhonovereMcGibsVikingNipsLockedOnTargetH3KnucklesExtreaminatusNo-Quarter
  • NechriahNechriah Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

    TBH I thought this would generate more conversation. My understanding is that the DA chapter tactic is a little on the week side considering there are other ways to get reroll 1s, though the Devastator Doctrine bonus will certainly help take advantage of it more often. The DW/RW relics and stratagems certainly make for a more effective and fluffy force. It would seem to me that DA will be encouraged to maximize a large force of DW & RW at the expense of running cheaper troop choices. That and/or more Eliminator spam.

    I like Master Larry and that new litany.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

    TBH I thought this would generate more conversation. My understanding is that the DA chapter tactic is a little on the week side considering there are other ways to get reroll 1s, though the Devastator Doctrine bonus will certainly help take advantage of it more often. The DW/RW relics and stratagems certainly make for a more effective and fluffy force. It would seem to me that DA will be encouraged to maximize a large force of DW & RW at the expense of running cheaper troop choices. That and/or more Eliminator spam.

    I think it's a fun super doctrine. Helps in the first turn(s) and I'm combination with the stratagems still encourages you to swap later in game when you close in and go to melee. Also 11" flamers.

    italianranma
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I mean 42” Stalker Bolt Rifle Target Sighted is nothing to sneeze at. I just meant that in a world of ignore cover bonuses to saving throws & shoot Bolters again on 6s and reroll one hit & one wound roll per squad and also AP -1 don’t count the DA chapter tactic still seems a bit weak, and it doesn’t benefit DW/RW units as much. One of the appeals of Dark Angels is that Deathwing, Ravenwing, and Greenwing all play differently, and to that end Relentless Hunt is great in offering benefits that affect most units. I guess I was hoping for a revised chapter tactic that was similarly powerful and broadly applicable.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'll just wait for the new DA rules to be combined with a bunch of typos in a new codex.

  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'll just wait for the new DA rules to be combined with a bunch of typos in a new codex.

    The rules already leaked, and they match what was in the preview.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know there is a subset of rules? for Horus Hersey armies. But what are they a forgeworld thing? As well as are there codex? Or is the campaign books like Inferno?
    As I have been building my proto black templar imperial fists but I was curious what options they had for squads and Sgts

  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know there is a subset of rules? for Horus Hersey armies. But what are they a forgeworld thing? As well as are there codex? Or is the campaign books like Inferno?
    As I have been building my proto black templar imperial fists but I was curious what options they had for squads and Sgts

    Horus Heresy is completely separated at this point. It still runs on a barely modified 7th edition. The rules are in the FW books.

    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    MazzyxNo-Quarter
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know there is a subset of rules? for Horus Hersey armies. But what are they a forgeworld thing? As well as are there codex? Or is the campaign books like Inferno?
    As I have been building my proto black templar imperial fists but I was curious what options they had for squads and Sgts

    Horus Heresy is completely separated at this point. It still runs on a barely modified 7th edition. The rules are in the FW books.

    That's what I heard. My brother had the comment of I can build them like normal marines in 40k it's probably the same idea

  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Horus heresy veteran squads are very similar to 40K tactical squads. Horus heresy tactical squads are pure bolter. My thousand sons army is actually heresy compliant with a couple of models moving to different squads. Namely a rotor cannon support squad.

    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Horus heresy veteran squads are very similar to 40K tactical squads. Horus heresy tactical squads are pure bolter. My thousand sons army is actually heresy compliant with a couple of models moving to different squads. Namely a rotor cannon support squad.

    So if I have 4 squads of Mark IV armor since I was going to do mostly bolter {I have not glued on the bolter I was leaving it off to paint} So the tactical squads would have a sgt with a bolter or the option of a CC weapon and pistol?

  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Horus heresy veteran squads are very similar to 40K tactical squads. Horus heresy tactical squads are pure bolter. My thousand sons army is actually heresy compliant with a couple of models moving to different squads. Namely a rotor cannon support squad.

    So if I have 4 squads of Mark IV armor since I was going to do mostly bolter {I have not glued on the bolter I was leaving it off to paint} So the tactical squads would have a sgt with a bolter or the option of a CC weapon and pistol?

    I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think sgt. has the option. No one else though. No special or heavy weapons. Those are in support squads, where everyone including sgt. has the same weapon.

    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok thank you as that makes since as I was planning since black helms in imperium fists are the special weapons. How I would since it's proto black templars and they have mostly black armor unless I do the vets that way [which is how I plan on it now} I really should have looked deeper into this than just the look

  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Horus heresy veteran squads are very similar to 40K tactical squads. Horus heresy tactical squads are pure bolter. My thousand sons army is actually heresy compliant with a couple of models moving to different squads. Namely a rotor cannon support squad.

    So if I have 4 squads of Mark IV armor since I was going to do mostly bolter {I have not glued on the bolter I was leaving it off to paint} So the tactical squads would have a sgt with a bolter or the option of a CC weapon and pistol?

    I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think sgt. has the option. No one else though. No special or heavy weapons. Those are in support squads, where everyone including sgt. has the same weapon.

    For tac squads in Heresy, it matters what the rest of the squad is equipped with. Standard tac squads come with bolters and also bolt pistols. You can give the whole squad bolt pistols and close combat weapons for free by giving up the bolter, or give them all three for extra points. If you don't upgrade them and leave them with bolters and bolt pistols, you can trade the sarge's bolter for a special thing. If you go for either other option, you can swap the CCW out for something fun (always swap it for a power axe).
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok thank you as that makes since as I was planning since black helms in imperium fists are the special weapons. How I would since it's proto black templars and they have mostly black armor unless I do the vets that way [which is how I plan on it now} I really should have looked deeper into this than just the look

    If you're doing mostly black armor, make the yellow helmets special weapons. Or give the special weapons some kind of small free-hand symbol on a shoulder pad or grieve.

    I personally didn't give my special weapons any fancy indicators, because I never thought Imperial Fists really relished that kind of minute heraldry. Like, heraldry for great feats of bravery, or which company they're from, or whatever, but not "I hold a different gun."

    Extreaminatus on
    Preacher wrote: »
    There are plenty of people out there that believe in white supremacy and sweet sweet big foot dick.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have 4 squads of Mark IV and 1 Cataphractii armor. I just plan on doing 1 of the squads and the cata as vets with mostly black armor
    Da lore has them with yellow helms
    ovn800u1c7hc.png
    diitanxd78wk.png

    I really should have looked deeper into it than just the look

  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Facebook had a small preview for T Sons

    New strat- Infernal Fusillade- 1 cp, essentially Rapid Fire from the SM book. 1 Rubric or Terminator can double their shots for rapid fire weapons if they stood still. So that's 24 Inferno shots from a 10 man squad, then 1 pistol shot from te Asp, and 4 Soulreaper Cannon shots. Add in Prescience and Vets of Long War, and hoodoo boy

  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have 4 squads of Mark IV and 1 Cataphractii armor. I just plan on doing 1 of the squads and the cata as vets with mostly black armor
    Da lore has them with yellow helms
    ovn800u1c7hc.png
    diitanxd78wk.png

    I really should have looked deeper into it than just the look

    If you're doing yellow helmets/black stripes for the vets, just invert it for special weapons dudes, then. OR, don't do anything special for the special weapons dude's helmets and just give them fancier guns.

    Different helmet colors for every little difference sounds like something and ULTRAMARINE would do.

    Preacher wrote: »
    There are plenty of people out there that believe in white supremacy and sweet sweet big foot dick.
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Goonhammer has their reviews up on their preview copy of Ritual of the Damned. I’ve never heard anyone mention them before when talking about what outside sources they frequent for news & tactics, but I’m a big fan. Believe you me I would not have imagined that I would ever recommend anything “Goon” related, but their content is regular, concise, and entertaining without being offensive. Anyway they’re pretty impressed with the DA & GKs parts of the book. I didn’t read the 1k Sons part yet. That’s great news for me and my brother; I particularly like Deathwing Knights so I’m excited that they might actually be worth taking. I do need to buy some Ravenwing models though, particularly the Talonmaster it sounds like. It’ll be a while before I can get to it however. Who knows, maybe Primaris bikers will be released by that point.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Nechriah
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    IIRC, other people have linked to them a few times recently in WH40K threads here abouts. At least I don't think it was you?

    From what I saw, I'd say their articles were pretty good.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    Yeah, Goonhammer are great. I think they've got the most in-depth 40k articles of anywhere I've seen.

    NechriahMonwynpardzhNo-Quarter
  • MonwynMonwyn Registered User regular
    Goonhammer is basically the single best resource for competitive 40k information.

    Their take on the Thousand Sons supplement:
    There are some things we haven’t covered here (but will get to in more detail when we do our in-depth analysis of the book a little after its release), but the main thing is that Thousand Sons armies – specifically what players would refer to as “real” Thousand Sons armies, not a single Supreme Command detachment in Chaos soup – got a huge boost with these rules. Rubric Marines and Scarab Occult Terminators, fresh off their points drops in Chapter Approved 2019, were borderline units before that got a small push and now a major one, having many more tricks up their sleeves that allow them to close distances more readily and survive being shot at. Sorcerers also generally get a large boost, as the sheer number of powers you’ll want to cast may demand taking one or two beyond your usual Daemon Princes/Ahriman.

    It’s also very important to note that these rules don’t force Thousand Sons to go monofaction; at most, they ask for Thousand Sons to go mono-detachment, which is perfectly workable. Given that there’s still a ton of value to be had in Tzeentch daemons and Horrors even after some of the nerfs and that Daemons can fill a detachment easier than Thousand Sons, it would not surprise me to see builds that incorporate two Thousand Sons Detachments (a Battalion and a Supreme Command) and a single Daemons Battalion in order to get the benefit of two Cults while also having access to Daemons and the extra CP.

    On the whole I believe this is enough to at least push pure or near-pure Thousand Sons up the competitive tiers, where AP-2 bolter fire and some resilience against AP-1 weaponry will give them a good answer to Marines, and their psychic powers give them enough really nasty tricks and mortal wounds to make up for their army’s shortcomings, particularly when paired with daemons.

    uH3IcEi.png
  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Goonhammer slaps. The article about all the shitty GW dice cracked me up.

    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

    You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    H3KnucklesKhraulMonwynNo-Quarter
Sign In or Register to comment.