As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    What's impressing me the most about the sisters line is the range of really fantastic face sculpts. There's young, there's old, emaciated, full faced, just everything. Like the shaven head in the squad kit, just wow.

Sadly you will rarely see a face because painting faces is hard :rotate:

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Painting faces is one of my favourite things when painting.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    My plan is to use the sisters as an excuse to finally get good/better at painting faces.
    New army is the perfect opportunity to push myself

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Man. A lot of the Primaris kits have left me cold, but this. Oh my. This is what my mental image of 40k is like.

I agree as I just have the primaris that came in dark imperium when people were selling the space marine side of Tooth in Claw and shadow spear
    But it's spread over my black templars and homebrew. Part of me wants to get the blood angel Xmas deal and paint them as flesh tearers [I don't know if flesh tearers can take sanguinary guard.} But from a foggy memory I know Seth was leading them into pyrrhic? But only had about 4 companies left. So when Rawbooty was giving away primaris like candy Seth was saddened and suspicious of receiving them. So if I got them I would paint the primaris clean and with company numbers of 5 or 6 as a joke

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So do we know when the box ACTUALLY releases, or just when the pre-order becomes available? I'm probably going to get it from my FLGS since I expect it'll be sold out online like Feast of Bones but I had no problem picking that up in store.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Won't lie between this, my deathwatch, and the Inquisitor stuff I kinda want to turn my imperium army into the forces of the Inquisition.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So more models of the sisters were shown off
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/13/sisters-of-battle-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/
    cq8jvtllg2pi.png
    cn4mjdxvzmhb.png
    The flying pulpit is a special character Junith Eruita, a Canoness Superior of the Order of Our Martyred Lady
    A neat thing is she has on the steps the names of all the daughters of the emperor that spoke to the golden throne in the reign of blood
    lavyvya45c91.png

I like the new chassis' for the vehicles, but I don't care for the new tops on them? It's kinda like with the old exorcist; I never cared for the pipe organ, and long ago I got it in my head that if I ever started collecting, I'd get the normal kit (the reliefs around the sides looked neat, and didn't seem too unreasonable for an artillery unit that's not supposed to get near the front lines), and a whirlwind variant with boxy launchers, and just bash them together. I wanted boxy launchers so it would be easy to tart them up with Forgeworld's SoB vehicle decorations to give it a cohesive look. Not sure how viable it'd be to try to modify the new ones (or how I'd do it for the Immolator).

Also, no flyer still. I know the lore reasons why the SoB don't get spacecraft, but I don't see any reason they couldn't have a dedicated atmospheric flyer (IIRC, the IG lore is that Valkyries that are permanent property of a regiment and not just on loan from the navy are similarly downgraded versions). I mean, the Avenger Strike Fighter was introduced with fluff about how it was routinely used to support Sisters' deployments, and then they turned around and gave the sisters rule mechanics that would penalize them for including it (Sacred Rites requires only Sororitas or Ministorum units army-wide). Really wish they'd do something about that.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Won't lie between this, my deathwatch, and the Inquisitor stuff I kinda want to turn my imperium army into the forces of the Inquisition.

Still I am kind of disappointed they did not do inquisitor kill teams

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So more models of the sisters were shown off
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/13/sisters-of-battle-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/
    cq8jvtllg2pi.png
    cn4mjdxvzmhb.png
    The flying pulpit is a special character Junith Eruita, a Canoness Superior of the Order of Our Martyred Lady
    A neat thing is she has on the steps the names of all the daughters of the emperor that spoke to the golden throne in the reign of blood
    lavyvya45c91.png

I like the new chassis' for the vehicles, but I don't care for the new tops on them? It's kinda like with the old exorcist; I never cared for the pipe organ, and long ago I got it in my head that if I ever started collecting, I'd get the normal kit (the reliefs around the sides looked neat, and didn't seem too unreasonable for an artillery unit that's not supposed to get near the front lines), and a whirlwind variant with boxy launchers, and just bash them together. I wanted boxy launchers so it would be easy to tart them up with Forgeworld's SoB vehicle decorations to give it a cohesive look. Not sure how viable it'd be to try to modify the new ones (or how I'd do it for the Immolator).

Also, no flyer still. I know the lore reasons why the SoB don't get spacecraft, but I don't see any reason they couldn't have a dedicated atmospheric flyer (IIRC, the IG lore is that Valkyries that are permanent property of a regiment and not just on loan from the navy are similarly downgraded versions). I mean, the Avenger Strike Fighter was introduced with fluff about how it was routinely used to support Sisters' deployments, and then they turned around and gave the sisters rule mechanics that would penalize them for including it (Sacred Rites requires only Sororitas or Ministorum units army-wide). Really wish they'd do something about that.

This isn't an exhaustive list of all the new models. There's something called a 'Battle Sanctum' coming which is either a vehicle or a flyer

Also uhhh sisters Repentia with Scythes? Fuck yeah!

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    I just started working on my Fists, why didn’t I wait for new Battle Sisters? 😭

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    resisting battle sisters is going to be hard

but i think i need to?

in the last month i have bought:

1000 points of ossiarch bonereaper

blackstone fortress plus endless peril, advanced arsenal, abominable intellect, cultists of the abyss, servants of the abyss

the warcry starter

cypher lords

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    So do we know when the box ACTUALLY releases, or just when the pre-order becomes available?
    ?

Preorders go up the week before, don't they?

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I really hope the sisters get some bikes...

Edit: Possible Battle Sanctum???!!!
    gp2fwmam4ky31.jpg

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Yeah, actually, bikes would be cool. I was looking at the last update of the /tg/* community-made Adepta Sororitas codex recently and they had the idea of repentia bikers as a fast attack (with a suicide bomb option) and 'chevalier' power armored bikers as an elite choice, and I thought it was kinda neat.

*I don't go to 4-chan, but 1d4chan acts as a reasonably good filter for whatever good bits go up on their tabletop gaming forum. I stumbled across a link to this fan codex on their tactics article for playing Sisters in 8th ed.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I agree as I just have the primaris that came in dark imperium when people were selling the space marine side of Tooth in Claw and shadow spear
    But it's spread over my black templars and homebrew. Part of me wants to get the blood angel Xmas deal and paint them as flesh tearers [I don't know if flesh tearers can take sanguinary guard.} But from a foggy memory I know Seth was leading them into pyrrhic? But only had about 4 companies left. So when Rawbooty was giving away primaris like candy Seth was saddened and suspicious of receiving them. So if I got them I would paint the primaris clean and with company numbers of 5 or 6 as a joke

Hey coming back this, yes flesh testers can use Sanguinary Guard.

They can use every non character entry in the Blood Angels codex + Gabriel Seth.

Their relics are all stupid though cause the relic rules in the codex are duuuuuummmbbb.

Or you could just paint them like flesh tearers but use BA rules too.

TheGerbil wrote: »

They can use every non character entry in the Blood Angels codex + Gabriel Seth.

Their relics are all stupid though cause the relic rules in the codex are duuuuuummmbbb.

Basically it's just a 3rd goof around force if I got them as I was always jealous of the Baal predator and the look of the chaplains
    Also I get librarians. But looking around you just cannot get generic assault marines anymore So it would just be a different space marine army to play since I liked the look of a lot of the blood angel stuff I just never wanted to play them because of people's comments

edited November 2019
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Basically it's just a 3rd goof around force if I got them as I was always jealous of the Baal predator and the look of the chaplains
    Also I get librarians. But looking around you just cannot get generic assault marines anymore So it would just be a different space marine army to play since I liked the look of a lot of the blood angel stuff I just never wanted to play them because of people's comments

GW's website should still have assault marines.

But even as a goof force there is 0 point in using assault marines when Vanguard veterans are right there and don't cost much more per dude.

Sadly unlike.... 3rd? Or 4th? edition you cannot run assault marines as troops for Blood Angels. Even then I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Assault marines are a melee troop with base 1 attack.

Also I want to emphasize how STUPID the successor chapter rules are in the Blood Angels codex. You literally get access one pretty shitty relic. All others are locked out to you.

I did forget that any Blood Angels successor can also use the Sanguinor.

TheGerbil on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'd have guessed that this was the battle sanctum. Some kind of shrine that boosts denys and inv saves rather than a unit.
    BSB_Art-Sep2-Image2ujce.jpg

Tastyfish on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    CSM preview up. I was wrong, no trait adjustments. Womp womp

Some of the Legion specific stuff they show is gnarly. Yay Combat Drugs for Emperor's Children! A vehicle sabotage stratagem that makes enemy vehicles more likely to explode when you destroy them.

It still doesn't likely put CSM in line with Loyalists, but it's a nice boost.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/14/chaos-space-marines-why-you-need-faith-furygw-homepage-post-4/

edited November 2019
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    CSM preview up. I was wrong, no trait adjustments. Womp womp

Some of the Legion specific stuff they show is gnarly. Yay Combat Drugs for Emperor's Children! A vehicle sabotage stratagem that makes enemy vehicles more likely to explode when you destroy them.

It still doesn't likely put CSM in line with Loyalists, but it's a nice boost.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/14/chaos-space-marines-why-you-need-faith-furygw-homepage-post-4/

In the end I will probably still run Flawless Host and Red Corsairs instead which is the problem. Unless they surprise me with updated traits and they just are not previewing them, nothing here makes me want to take legions over renegades.

Flawless host have a catch all dttfe that stacks with dttfe. My lord discordants put out like 16+ attacks because of this. This is how I solo knights with a single LD. Red Corsairs traits are almost/as good as some of the loyalist. +3 cp for using CSM and I get to run and charge? Sure sign me up.

Its hard to give those up for "attack first! unless you got charged then you just go back and forth" or "+1 attack" or "Ignore cover and something with buildings" or "leadership stuff people ignore" or "And they shall know no fear" or "We are shitty argent shroud with a +1 leadership".

Alpha Legion is about the only one that holds up.

I want to play EC again. But renegades just work out so much better for the units that do really well as Chaos.

Though a club member pointed out with combat drugs+delightful agonies EC termis have the same exact stat line that DG termis have for cheaper.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    *spits coffee*

Is been more of a decade since the first rumors of plastic Sisters came around, I'm just shocked that they actually made them.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    New GW has been surprisingly quick to reply to player feedback and comments. New GW is pretty rad.

I kind of want Sisters because the rules seem rad. But I also rather not deal with building another new army.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I kind of want a Sisters army because I want to play 40k with my friends, but I do not want to dig out, repair, and finish painting my Dark Eldar.

Honestly playing Dark Eldar in this edition isn't a great way to keep your friends. It's really hard to design a list with them that isn't either tournament level or complete rubbish.

Some of them are competitive players, but I don't like playing them because they can turn into rules lawyers in a heartbeat and make the whole experience un-fun for me.

The others run rubbish lists anyway because we all play what we like the look of and I have fun in those games. I just really don't wanna try to find all those models right now, but maybe I should once I'm done being stuck painting this Keeper of Secrets.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I’ll be getting Sisters at some point (unlikely to be the army box).

a) because I like the look of lots of models.

b) for my daughter. She is certainly interested in her Dad’s toys but there isn’t really a faction that appeals to her all much. I suspect Sisters will interest her and we can play some fun games together.

It won’t be more than 1250 points; I found 40k to be more enjoyable at that points level anyway. Spend a Sunday afternoon taking over the kitchen table.

PSN Fleety2009
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    What if I was a rebel and just played "codex space marines"?

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    Burnage wrote: »

It takes some chutzpah to tell people who just bought the codex and a chapter supplement to now go a buy another book, because the appropriate litanies aren't in the book for their chapter.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I just really wish Grey Knight Chaplains, Librarians and Apothecaries could use these rules. Like what's the harm? Throw us a bone.

I can't complain too much though, my other Imperium army is Sisters so I'll be getting a ton of support from GW on that front at least.

honovere wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

It takes some chutzpah to tell people who just bought the codex and a chapter supplement to now go a buy another book, because the appropriate litanies aren't in the book for their chapter.

Dark Angels, Space Wolf and Blood Angels players are clearly safe from buying more books though.

(Yes I know about the rumoured Blood Angel vs Tyranids book next month).

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Whelp... I guess I'll see what next month brings for my nids, cuz the chaos release is seeming super meh

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    The contents of the campaign books might actually seem fine if they didn't stood in comparison to the deluge of Marine rules of the last few months. Like custom craftworlds, exarch abilities, and a new psychic lore for asuryani is pretty cool. It just pales to the over the top stuff from the chapter books, and for this book the difference is even more extreme.

I know 40k is in a constant beta {which is weird to think about beta for a boardgame} But I really wish they would push their e books and help push for a single format language for e readers

When I get money again I will get the faith and fury book as it has the chapter I do play with also blood of the phoenix. I know the space marine codex was basically as generic as you could get with the specific chapters having their own mini codex. With how the Space marines and the various flavours of aeldari got the build your own army rules I am kind of surprised they did not give to the CSM I feel the only reason was they are still working on them

I don't know the lag between they send it off to the printers and it arrives for sale. But more has happened to 40k in the last two years than in the previous 20 combined I know a lot of people are still stuck in the codex-update takes years so it's kind of annoying to get the codex build your army play a few games and ta da new rules

The shit's really going to hit the fan when Chapter Approved arrives and it turns out that it's only nerfing stuff that was strong before the Marine Codex hit.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Chapter approved will probably just have a bunch of point decreases and buffs for things that don’t see much use.

PSN Fleety2009
    I won't lie I am pretty damn salty with today's article is about giving more buffs to the new Space Marines because they needed more special rules.

u7stthr17eud.png
    We have reached the Space Marine critical bloating stage. Time for 9th Edition to roll in soon.