Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WH40K] Phoenixbowl confirmed

11314161819

Posts

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Man fuck 32mm bases, rebasing the old ones will be a bitch since they're all metal tab slot base style and those little resin rings you can glue to the outside that Secret Weapon, et al sell are equally annoying to use.

    I have seen people glue the old 25mm onto the 32mm and build up terrain or such on it

    ForceVoidExtreaminatus
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Did Space Wolves get some kind of major update? I keep seeing people in the Space Wolves FB page talking about stuff I'm not seeing like our venerable dreadnoughts getting litanies.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    That's just more bullshit from Forgeworld rules being stupid. FW makes Chaplain Dreadnoughts, the errata to give them litanies is sloppy as fuck (I act surprised) and technically can be interpreted that Space Wolves or whatever get to use them too.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Did Space Wolves get some kind of major update? I keep seeing people in the Space Wolves FB page talking about stuff I'm not seeing like our venerable dreadnoughts getting litanies.

    Not really the Faq came out with the rules of what they can and cannot use right now but the word is their codex is early next year

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Huh, the Fighta Bommer models on GW's website seem to have an illegal weapon load out. The have three choices of either pairs of rokkits or bombs or alternatively up to two pairs of big bombs. One choice of ofeither configuration can be replaced by custom big shootas. The models on the site show a pair of rokkits, a pait of shoots and a pair of big bombs.

  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Man fuck 32mm bases, rebasing the old ones will be a bitch since they're all metal tab slot base style and those little resin rings you can glue to the outside that Secret Weapon, et al sell are equally annoying to use.

    @Lanlaorn hit up Shapeways and order some 25-33mm base converters like this one.

    https://www.shapeways.com/product/GGHPADNGN/25-mm-to-32-mm-adapter-rings

    Or if you know someone with a 3d printer, have them make you some.

    Those ones are a bit pricy, but if you look around a bit, there are cheap conversion rings available

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Mazzyx
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited September 3
    So my local club and a team tournament this weekend, an inclub year before we run a bigger public event

    For shits and giggles I ran my planned fluffy Ynnari list.

    I will say this, Ynnari are a lot better in actual play than they are on paper. A lot. I am genuinely considering shedding the fluffy sections of the list (wraithblades in the wave serpent. Actually beasts once they got into combat but not playing the same kind of game as the rest of the list) and playing them next year for ITC events.

    Edit: Specifcally bikes. The core of the list, the venoms, reavers, shining spears and autarch are all amazing with the +1 to hit and +1 attack and rerolling wounds. It was extremely easy to get turn one or two charges. I rolled a dawn of war deployment against guard and the game was over turn one as I was able to clear the screen with advancing reavers and to tag all the tanks sat on the back edge of the table.

    Norgoth on
    Khraul
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So my local club and a team tournament this weekend, an inclub year before we run a bigger public event

    For shits and giggles I ran my planned fluffy Ynnari list.

    I will say this, Ynnari are a lot better in actual play than they are on paper. A lot. I am genuinely considering shedding the fluffy sections of the list (wraithblades in the wave serpent. Actually beasts once they got into combat but not playing the same kind of game as the rest of the list) and playing them next year for ITC events.

    Edit: Specifcally bikes. The core of the list, the venoms, reavers, shining spears and autarch are all amazing with the +1 to hit and +1 attack and rerolling wounds. It was extremely easy to get turn one or two charges. I rolled a dawn of war deployment against guard and the game was over turn one as I was able to clear the screen with advancing reavers and to tag all the tanks sat on the back edge of the table.

    Were you running all three Ynnari HQs to get this? How'd they work out? The 600 point buy-in is what seriously makes me balk at a full Ynnari force.

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So my local club and a team tournament this weekend, an inclub year before we run a bigger public event

    For shits and giggles I ran my planned fluffy Ynnari list.

    I will say this, Ynnari are a lot better in actual play than they are on paper. A lot. I am genuinely considering shedding the fluffy sections of the list (wraithblades in the wave serpent. Actually beasts once they got into combat but not playing the same kind of game as the rest of the list) and playing them next year for ITC events.

    Edit: Specifcally bikes. The core of the list, the venoms, reavers, shining spears and autarch are all amazing with the +1 to hit and +1 attack and rerolling wounds. It was extremely easy to get turn one or two charges. I rolled a dawn of war deployment against guard and the game was over turn one as I was able to clear the screen with advancing reavers and to tag all the tanks sat on the back edge of the table.

    Were you running all three Ynnari HQs to get this? How'd they work out? The 600 point buy-in is what seriously makes me balk at a full Ynnari force.

    Yeah I was running all three.

    The Yncarne is actually great, with a huge caveat. You have to be good at 40k. Not passable, not ok. Good. With proper play you can have it whiping around the board and staying safe, making hit and run attacks. If you make a mistake, it will die. It also massively punishes your opponent for mistakes. A perfect example is an opponent using one of his knights to kill a venom, meaning the squad inside got out whilst the Yncarne teleports in from the venom dying. This meant it was now in his lines and untargetable by his last unit to fire. She is a huge reason why Ynnari+bikes seems good. It is very very easy to do stupid shit (and I’ve done this) like killing a unit with shooting, teleporting the Yncarne in, then charging something with the bikes, tripointing it and have the rest of the squad surround her making it impossible to kill her.

    Yvraine is Yvraine. She’s still an appropriately costed psyker with a +1, which is huge. She’s largely a bot to cast melee doom so you can double up with the strat.

    The Visarch is probably the worst. In the type of list you want to run he just isn’t going to keep up. In the fluffy version he ran with the wraiths, which was fine but really he’s likely to just be lacklustre all round in a comp list. He is however, fucking hilarious against other Eldar armies because his extra attack ability is just aeldari, it dosn’t give a shit about friendly or enemy models.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Man fuck 32mm bases, rebasing the old ones will be a bitch since they're all metal tab slot base style and those little resin rings you can glue to the outside that Secret Weapon, et al sell are equally annoying to use.

    Lanlaorn hit up Shapeways and order some 25-33mm base converters like this one.

    https://www.shapeways.com/product/GGHPADNGN/25-mm-to-32-mm-adapter-rings

    Or if you know someone with a 3d printer, have them make you some.

    Those ones are a bit pricy, but if you look around a bit, there are cheap conversion rings available

    I am at work so I can't click the link but I got expanders for like 50 for $12+shipping or something. They work really well. No one complains about them even at big tourneys. You can leave the original basing and it just makes it looked framed which is nice.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited September 3
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Man fuck 32mm bases, rebasing the old ones will be a bitch since they're all metal tab slot base style and those little resin rings you can glue to the outside that Secret Weapon, et al sell are equally annoying to use.

    Edit: Well I missed that there were more posts, so I'm late to the party

    There's a company that sells "base expanders" that take the 25mm bases and has a little divot for them. I wonder if I can find them again...

    Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    edited September 3
    Elrik's Hobbies?

    https://www.elrikshobbies.com/products/base-converters

    Those are my preferred converters. Spray paint them black (or whatever your rim color is) glue your old base in, and done.

    Gabriel_Pitt on
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited September 3
    Yea I'll try those base expanders, the half rings you glue alongside the rim were a huge pain to work with for me. They were cast in resin and nothing fit together properly, had to spend entirely too much time filing and sanding and even then got weird results. Far too much work for an entire army's bases.

    Edit: Actually, considering that my bases have magnets for transport, I don't think those Elrik style converters will work, I'll just try a different company's ring-style and hope the Secret Weapon ones were just the exception.

    Lanlaorn on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Yea I'll try those base expanders, the half rings you glue alongside the rim were a huge pain to work with for me. They were cast in resin and nothing fit together properly, had to spend entirely too much time filing and sanding and even then got weird results. Far too much work for an entire army's bases.

    Edit: Actually, considering that my bases have magnets for transport, I don't think those Elrik style converters will work, I'll just try a different company's ring-style and hope the Secret Weapon ones were just the exception.

    A friend of mine just finished an ork army in time for 32mm to be adopted across the line.

    What he did was just make wooden discs to expand the bases. It actually works really well because he’s also using the GW movement trays and it pretty clearly seperates the squads.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My old chaos army is all on old bases. I actually had good success with the half rings with them. But they didn't have magnets. Well some do now.

    Magnaracks from battlefoam. Best damn investment I have made.

    03x29di.png
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Did Space Wolves get some kind of major update? I keep seeing people in the Space Wolves FB page talking about stuff I'm not seeing like our venerable dreadnoughts getting litanies.

    Not really the Faq came out with the rules of what they can and cannot use right now but the word is their codex is early next year

    would be nice. papa needs me some primaris puppies.

    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • MonwynMonwyn Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Damn @Mazzyx , that makes me want to start thinking pretty hard about getting back into the tournament scene.

    I feel you, 100%- Fuck Forgeworld in tournaments. Even though Forgeworld can REALLY help my army (I run admech, and that Termite drill is super useful for some specific Ad Mech shenanigans, I can't afford it and don't want to cave to it), most of the rules are just...they're very clearly Too Strong so you feel good that you spent a ton of money on their resin

    I lost a lot of momentum to paint my army over the summer though, because I really got hammered in the switch to 8th edition.

    I have 9 Kastelan Robots, 2 Datasmiths, Cawl, a Techpriest, an Enginseer, a single dunecrawler, 2x10 vanguard, 10 infiltrators, 10 rangers, and 3 arquebuses (arquebi?)

    Before I had a pretty knock-down list, but with the switch to 8th and the toughness increase on vehicles across the board (and the fact that skitarii can't peashooter a tank to death with haywire anymore) means I really need to rethink my deployment, and hell, also means I need to get some different units

    In a similar vein, I also have a spacewolves and a salamanders army. I haven't checked their point cost since all the new codex changes, but the switch to 8th also completely killed my Salamanders army, since I had previously built it around Vulkan He'stan giving army-wide rerolls on all Melta weapons and just dropping melta squads all over the board in drop pods, which doesn't work as well anymore for a variety of reasons.

    I think the Wolves army might have gotten better, but I haven't checked in a while, and I also don't know what point cost they're actually at.

    Either way, I need to get back to painting all the Ad Mech I have, and get back into the swing of things. I'd like to go to the Nova Open next year, since I'm close enough that I could actually drive up there easily now.

    Cawlstar Kastelans are still a totally viable list, you just need to add a bunch of skitarii and a couple enginseers to get enough CP to spam Wrath of Mars.

    uH3IcEi.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Thoughts on this list, please?

    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

    Battle-forged CP [3CP]

    Combat Doctrine Units Only

    Detachment CP [5CP]

    Gametype: Matched

    Relics of the Chapter (1 Relic) [-1CP]

    Show Primaris Only

    + HQ +

    Captain in Gravis Armor : Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, Storm of Fire, Warlord

    Librarian in Phobos Armour : 3) Mind Raid, Camo cloak, Force sword

    + Troops +

    Infiltrator Squad : 8x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant

    Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle
    . 5x Intercessor
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

    Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle, Veteran Intercessors
    . 4x Intercessor
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

    + Elites +

    Primaris Ancient : Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

    + Fast Attack +

    Inceptor Squad : Assault bolter x2, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

    Suppressor Squad
    . 2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Grav-chute
    . Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Grav-chute

    ++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

    Detachment CP [1CP]

    + HQ +

    Primaris Chaplain : 2. Catechism of Fire, Benediction of Fury, Litany of Hate

    + Elites +

    Aggressor Squad : 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
    . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

    Aggressor Squad: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
    . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

    Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Twin ironhail autocannon

    Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

    ++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

    + HQ +

    Primaris Lieutenants
    . Primaris Lieutenant: Power sword

    + Heavy Support +

    Eliminator Squad
    . Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
    . 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

    Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

    Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

    ++ Total: [ 8CP++[/url]

    TheColonel
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 5
    Ork 'eavy bommerz only out in November. I'll guess other releases earliest at least 3 months later like that seems to be the rythm specialist games are coming out.

    honovere on
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Thoughts on this list, please?

    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

    Battle-forged CP [3CP]

    Combat Doctrine Units Only

    Detachment CP [5CP]

    Gametype: Matched

    Relics of the Chapter (1 Relic) [-1CP]

    Show Primaris Only

    + HQ +

    Captain in Gravis Armor : Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, Storm of Fire, Warlord

    Librarian in Phobos Armour : 3) Mind Raid, Camo cloak, Force sword

    + Troops +

    Infiltrator Squad : 8x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant

    Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle
    . 5x Intercessor
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

    Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle, Veteran Intercessors
    . 4x Intercessor
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

    + Elites +

    Primaris Ancient : Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

    + Fast Attack +

    Inceptor Squad : Assault bolter x2, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

    Suppressor Squad
    . 2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Grav-chute
    . Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Grav-chute

    ++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

    Detachment CP [1CP]

    + HQ +

    Primaris Chaplain : 2. Catechism of Fire, Benediction of Fury, Litany of Hate

    + Elites +

    Aggressor Squad : 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
    . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

    Aggressor Squad: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
    . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

    Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Twin ironhail autocannon

    Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

    ++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists

    + HQ +

    Primaris Lieutenants
    . Primaris Lieutenant: Power sword

    + Heavy Support +

    Eliminator Squad
    . Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
    . 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

    Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

    Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

    ++ Total: [ 8CP++[/url]

    I am playing a very similar list (Blood Ravens, so another Phobos Librarian and a Primaris Librarian instead of the second Aggressor and Hellblaster Squads) and I am having fun with it. I tend to get smooshed by any serious competitive list, but I am enjoying it a great deal.

    valhalla130
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    After further thought, I've pretty much stripped the Phobos stuff out of my list and add3d to what I need to buy. Although the Imperial Fists are Codex-compliant, and would use Phobos Vanguard, I don't feel its in line with their depiction in the fiction. So that meand I need a Repulsor Executioner, another ahellblaster squad and a Primaris Librarian .

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    According to WarhammerTV they are currently planning 5 factions in the near future, including Imps and Orks. So probably the original bunch of Eldar, Chaos and Tau.

  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Oh, you mean Imperials.

    Well... that's okay too, I guess...

    pod_banner.jpg
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    What do you mean "planning 5 factions"? For new codex updates?

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    What do you mean "planning 5 factions"? For new codex updates?

    They mean for Aeronautica.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot to mention which game.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Once Chaos is in, I will be interested.

    03x29di.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Was it here that we came up with the chapter of space marine archivists?

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Was it here that we came up with the chapter of space marine archivists?

    The SE++ one

    valhalla130
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Ah, thanks

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The first Psychic Awakening campaign is called Phoenix Rising

    Jain Zar is totally getting a new model fuck yessssss

    honovereExtreaminatusKhraulNo-Quarter
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Phoenix Rising

    The ancient and proud Aeldari race is split into various factions. The stoic and noble Asuryani live their lives adrift on planet-sized Craftworlds. The depraved Drukhari venture forth from the dark metropolis of Commorragh to raid and pillage. The mysterious Harlequins travel the galaxy according to their unfathomable whims via the webway. And the newly formed Ynnari, comprised of members from all walks of Aeldari life, are united in the desire to awaken Ynnead, god of the dead.

    The Aeldari are a psychically sensitive race, and the fragile balance between these disparate cultures has been disturbed by the Psychic Awakening. These factions have become embroiled in a full-scale internecine war for the future of their people.

    Ancient divisions yawn ever wider, the complex fabric of alliances and uneasy truces unravels, and self-righteous leaders on all sides attempt to rally support for their causes.

    An Eldar vs. Eldar vs Eldar vs. Eldar campaign? And by the placement of the icon it's set near or in Ultramar.

    BurnageGolden Yak
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bigger question, will they make howling banshees good?

    03x29di.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Bigger question, will they make howling banshees good?

    It really wouldn't take much to give them a boost, it's pretty much just the combination of S3 and A2 that kills them currently. Boost those and the combination of advance + charge, charge 15 inches, and no overwatch would make them terrifying.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Bigger question, will they make howling banshees good?

    It really wouldn't take much to give them a boost, it's pretty much just the combination of S3 and A2 that kills them currently. Boost those and the combination of advance + charge, charge 15 inches, and no overwatch would make them terrifying.

    One of my club members pointed out they would probably be really good as a specialist detachment.

    I was thinking maybe +1 A and +1 strength on the charge? But you don't kill something it hurts to be bunched back the next turn.

    03x29di.png
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I’ve considered trying them in Ynnari as a second turn wave. They only need a 6” when deepstriking, get an additional attack and reroll to wounds.

  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Give me the new eldar, all of them
    My body is ready

    BurnageExtreaminatusBrainleech
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    *sulks in daemon*

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    i am super psyched to see how the redesign jain zar.

    when i was at relic, we had an interesting task to adapt the mini for 3D.

    i casted emma fielding to do her voice, one of the more exciting characters we got to cast.

    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    see317BrainleechironsizideTheColonelKruiteBizazedoAsher
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Give me the new eldar, all of them
    My body is ready

    On one hand I do feel bad I will get more eldar aspect warriors on the other I realize most of my army is old enough for grad school

Sign In or Register to comment.