[Storm March - Interlude] The Unusual Appearance of Baron Von Ruckhauser

2456789

Posts

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [@ironsizide If it's good enough for Endless, it's good enough for me!]

    The lead Mechanical Worker takes a charged flintlock blast square to the chest! It begins to spasm and flail, then collapses to the floor in a heap. Three more spread out behind the first, one each pairing up against you.

    Otto, the one nearest you steps forward, menacing you with its short blade! You are entangled in melee with the contraption at close range.

    Hawthorne (@Mahnmut), Exilis (@Elvenshae), now is your moment to take action! Your combatants are still several paces away from each of you, granting you the initiative.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hawthorne whistles when the first machine man goes down. As the other workers step past the wreckage, he takes a moment to size up the one coming for him, then sighs and bounces forward to give it a good thwack with his staff.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 Hack and Slash

    Hack and Slash:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=3, 3]

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The swing connects, but I think the automatons are heavier than Hawthorne expected -- it doesn't budge, and the recoil throws him off-balance. The machine will have a chance to hit back.

    Geth, roll 1d6 damage to the worker

    damage to the worker:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Wei sits down, cross legged, attempting to meditate on what has just occurred.

    Cheeseliker on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Hawthorne

    Your staff strike lands true, dropping a crushing blow roughly where the servitor's head mechanisms connect to its shoulders. The strike is so swift, so brutal, that it nearly tears the head off the automaton's torso, exposing a mass of tubes and wiring within.

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Shocking Discoveries

    With its internals exposed an arc of blue fluid sprays into the air! The fluid shifts, twists, crystalizes, and lances into your shoulder as it forks as if it were lightning. Take 3 damage (armor reduces).

    Shocking Discoveries:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Mahnmut
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Wei

    You meditate to center your mind and senses. There's still a buzzing in your...ears? Psyche? It's all a bit disconcerting.

    Roll Discern Realities. (There will be no penalty for a failed roll here.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    (ooc: meant to roll discern before but was on phone)

    Wei feels a sense of peace and calm.

    What happened here recently?(specifically to me!)

    What is about to happen?

    What should I be on the lookout for?


    geth roll 2d6+1 discern

    discern:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=6, 4]

    Cheeseliker on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    What Happened Here Recently?

    Contemplating your second experience with the realm of blue and white energy and haunting whispers, you begin to piece together similarities to the natural world itself. Just as you can feel the flow of natural life energy all around you as a druid, you start to feel that same flow still echoing through you and connecting you to that energetic realm.

    It is a realm of existence parallel to the natural one, a place filled with life energy but somewhat disconnected from the material...and you were shunted bodily through it.

    The whispers continue as a quiet chorus in the back of your mind, their intent lost in the echoing between that realm and the natural one you inhabit.


    What is about to happen?

    The arcane machine nearby, glowing with a blue energy, begins to dim. Without...something...driving it, the apparatus will continue to discharge and eventually cease operation.

    You feel that as its power wanes, your connection to the blue realm and its whispers grow ever more quiet. Your fatigue and shock fade as well, in equal measure. (Remove the -1 ongoing)


    What should I be on the lookout for?

    This machine, and the one back at the isleships, is somehow connected through the blue realm. You may be able to use others of these machines somehow.

    This particular machine seemed to be routing energy...somewhere else within this new location. Perhaps its activation has driving other mechanisms to life?

    The sounds of combat rattle down the corridor of the stairwell nearby.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei heads towards the sounds of combat.

    (OOC: I assume he has his things, anything he was holding at the time aka his spear?)

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    (Yup! You have all your kit and anything you're holding. Even the rag Fritz gave you! How does that work? A wizard An arcanist did it!)

    Wei, you arrive out of a small opening in the floor to a large open space. In the distance, a trio of adventurers from the isleships are fending off a small group of automatons! Two of the automated workers have been downed, a third is literally wrestling with a man who looks like a pistolier (@ironsizide), while the forth is moving menacingly toward an air cavalryman (@Elvenshae) in the back, blade drawn! The third adventurer is holding a quarterstaff over one of the downed drones, but his hair looks to be standing a bit on end.

    The party is joined! Who takes the initiative to strike next? Combat waits patiently, but inevitably for no one!

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ironsizide
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto attempts to break away, holster his pistol, and draw his rapier.

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Otto, roll to Defy Danger!

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger (Dex)

    Defy Danger (Dex):
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=2, 4]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wei sees his fromer compatriot, Otto and his eyes widen. He charges in and strikes the automaton he's wrestling with.

    geth roll 2d6+1 hack and slash

    hack and slash:
    2d6+1 10 [2d6=6, 3]

    Cheeseliker on
    Mahnmut
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    geth roll 2d6 dmg

    dmg:
    2d6 3 [2d6=2, 1]

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Otto, you attempt to retreat, but the Automatic Soldier stays on you! You begin to deflect with anything you can: the butt of your gun, the scabbard of your blade, your exposed flank...

    ...maybe you shouldn't have used that last one to stop a sword swing! You push off to get separation, but the blade has done its work on you.

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Automatic Stabby (Damage, armor reduces)

    Wei, you charge in from behind the arcane robot, your strike ringing true! Literally, as your staff catches an armored plate, the blow rings a hollow metallic sound. While your weapon crushes the plate and several very important parts underneath, the servitor's stance does not falter as it turns to face you!

    Automatic Stabby (Damage, armor reduces):
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto grunts in pain. "Damnation!" As the servitor turns, Otto looks around it to identify his rescuer. "Wei!? Is that you young fellar?" he asks as his finally holster his pistol and draws arcane steel. Not waiting for an answer, Otto returns the favor stabs the servitor in the back!

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Flawless Bladework

    Flawless Bladework:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=2, 4]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Otto blade moves quicker than the eye!

    Geth, roll 1d8+1d4 for Damage

    Otto applies the Quicksilver technique, which applies 2ap to the damage. The dueling rapier has 1ap. So depending on how AP mods stack, the final AP is 3 (add em all up) or 2 (use the best?).

    Edit: and forgot to remove the 1d4... ignore that part.

    Damage:
    1d8+1d4 6 [1d8=5] [1d4=1]

    ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (I just did a quick check, and my interpretation of Piercing is that it would all apply regardless of source. Let it be ruled!)

    With the Mechanical Worker's back turned, your blade slides neatly into the seam between a pair of armored plates! You feel something snap under the motion of your strike, and as you withdraw the blade the servitor's form crumples and a spray of blue fluid arcs out of the puncture. While your blade is lightning quick, your torso is not, and the airborne blue fluid takes on the form of a loose electric arc that pierces through you Otto!

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Shocking End (Damage, armor reduces)

    Shocking End (Damage, armor reduces):
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    "We find ourselves together once again," Wei responds, "Though how I arrived here...was rather strange." He looks around. "What is going on here?"

    Nips
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    While explaining the situation Otto keeps an eye on the situation. "I'm with these fellers, We were sent here to investigate this place by some high-falootin' auger. The lost Barony of Gelt if you've heard of it. We landed upstairs and came down those stairs over there. This place was dark and I was lookin' fer some way to shed some light on the situation when everything came to life. One of these mechanical men drew steel when they got near us and then they all followed suit. I decided to say hello with my shooter which they didn't take too kindly too, then you showed up and saved my bacon and here we are."

    Otto turns to face the the next closest foe, perhaps one bothering Hawthorne or Exilis?

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [I'm going to do a minor retcon here, as it hasn't mattered to the action and I don't want to presume moves or impose situations on a temporarily absent player. Therefore: Exilis is still on the roof, while Toth followed Otto and Hawthorne down the stairs.]

    As you turn, Toth is furiously defending herself from the last automaton! With each swipe of its blade a magical ward shimmers and pops from around the augur. While she swiftly pantomimes a spell to erect a new new ward, it is clear her defenses won't hold out much longer!

    "A little help, if you please!"

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    All business, Otto lunges at Toth's assailant, leading with his arcane blade. "Allow me, Ma'am!"

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Flawless Bladework

    Flawless Bladework:
    2d6+2 14 [2d6=6, 6]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    As Otto's blades stabs the cantankerous contraption tendrils of pale blue arcane lightning draw up from the floor, dance across Otto from his feet to the sword, finally discharging into his target. The light show is as quick as lightning, causing a loud clap like thunder.

    [Otto applies the Galvanic and Quicksilver techniques]

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Damage (3ap)

    [Amazeballs attack rolls, craptacular damage rolls]

    Damage (3ap):
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

    ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei follows his companion, leading with his spear.

    geth roll 2d6+1 hack and slash

    hack and slash:
    2d6+1 10 [2d6=5, 4]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    geth roll 2d6 damage

    damage:
    2d6 11 [2d6=6, 5]

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [The combined attack will down the last Automatic Soldier, but I need a clarification: @Cheeseliker, can I assume you chose to expose yourself to the soldier's attack to gain an extra +1d6 damage after the 10+ Hack & Slash roll? I want to make sure I'm not missing something on your character sheet.]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (ooc: yes, sorry, anytime I get 10+ and do the 2d6, im exposing myself.)

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    As Otto's arcing blade strikes high, Wei's spear pierces low on the Automatic Soldier! The combined attacks break a number of very important mechanisms inside the automaton...so much so, it overloads and sprays blue fluid everywhere!

    Where Otto's lightning-fueled strike dissipates some of the fluid midair and protects the duelist, the remainder twists into lancing electric strands down the shaft of Wei's spear, striking the naturalist up the arm! Wei takes the blue lightning to the chest!

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Explosive Arc-Fluid Decompression (5 Damage, armor reduces)

    With the last of the mechanical workers dispatched, the room comes to a quiet stillness.

    [Feel free to insert any narration or investigation you would like here, I'm just going to give us a picture of the way forward...barring you coming up with something else! Play to find out what happens!]



    Exiting out the front door of the Aerie, a set of stone steps leads down along the crags of the mountain peaks. Before long, the smoothly-manicured stone gives way to weathered blocks heavily aged by the elements. After several minutes of travel, there emerges a split in the route: one path continues to lead down the outside of the mountains, while a second leads in to the mountains through a narrow cleft.

    How do you proceed?

    1412264139475_wps_15_BA10N8_An_inca_stairs_at_.jpg

    Explosive Arc-Fluid Decompression (Damage, armor reduces):
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Hawthorne, leaning on his staff, catches his breath and runs a critical eye over the group. "Begging our new friend's indulgence," he gestures polite greeting, "Otto, you look diced and stir-fried. Hold still a breath." Muttering a quick prayer to Sister Moon, he walks up to Otto and taps him sharply on the forehead.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 Cast a Spell (Cure Light Wounds)

    Nothing happens. Hawthorne frowns, but rummages through his many pockets for a set of bandages and gets to work. [OOC: bandaging heals 4 hp. I have 2 charges of bandage left]

    Cast a Spell (Cure Light Wounds):
    2d6+2 5 [2d6=1, 2]

    Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Nips
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    As he leaves the hanger, Otto makes a mental note of the mechanical fliers. He's torn between wanting to take one for a spin and the steadfast loyalty of his screamwing. His employer, Aunt Syndy, would love to have one if he could get it work, but the hurt in Harley's eyes might be too much to bear. I'll figure it out before I leave, I suppose.

    Otto tips his hat to Hawthorne. "A mighty big thank ye there." He thanks Wei, "I thought I had that last one, but you saved my hide all over the place in there. I owe you several."

    When they hit the split in the path he motions to stop. "A choice is presented to us." He asks Toth, "Ma'am, would you mind doing a little divinin' to see if you think one path is better than the other?"

    ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Toth nods, then gesticulates in the air...and nothing happens. Not so much as an arcane spark. The diviner frowns in a facial contort that you think might haunt your nightmares, then tries again. And again, nothing.

    She pulls a small eyeglass monocle from a pouch on her hip, and seemingly surveys the surrounding area. For a moment, she very intently stares through the bauble at Wei, then she places the eyeglass back in her pouch with a sigh.

    "This entire area, likely the entire barony, is..." Toth's eyes roll back a bit, as she tries to conjure up a meaningful explanation. "...stuck between? Yes, that seems entirely reasonable."

    "The rumors of the barony's prior disappearance span the gamut, but a few of us in the arcane studies always posited only one explanation: Von Ruckhauser had been experimenting with connecting the physical world to the astral expanse, as a means of drawing energy from that realm. In a great many ways he succeeded, which led to the barony's rise in power: a limitless source of arcane energy, capable of powering any wondrous device you could tune to it. And the old baron was a very crafty engineer."

    The diviner sighs, and begins to dig through another pouch as she carries on.

    "It was the Consortium's supposition that in connecting ever more devices and tethering ever more locations of the barony to the astral expanse, that Von Ruckhauser unintentionally drew the barony into direct contact with that realm. Like threading a strand between two bolts of cloth. Eventually, the pull on that strand brought the barony and the astral expanse into juxtaposition. And then...poof. Of course, there was little to no proof to speak of at the time, only loosely-divined conjecture."

    She points to Wei. "You weren't with us on the sortie out, and you're not of the barony. My spiritseer lens shows me that you are suffused with energy from the astral realm, much as our entire surroundings. Were I to guess, you were handling a Barony device? And something went wrong? I know of a few we keep on the isleships, so it is my educated guess that your interaction with that malfunctioning device pulled you through the astral to the next nearest Astrum Engine. Though how that came about...I'm not an arcane engineer."

    Toth straightens her coat a bit. "As for the paths ahead: There's a village down the mountain, and it's possible someone still lives here on the barony and could give us better direction. As for the path inward, my understanding is that the Baron's primary laboratories and workshops lie deep within the isle itself; it's possible this path might lead us there. As in all things regarding this sortie, I'll defer to the pathfinders in the absence of better direction."

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BahamutZERO
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei widens his eyes at that. "That...makes sense," he murmurs. "Myself and a couple others were looking at a device that was leaking blue liquid, which crystallized when it struck the earth." Wei shakes his head. "I touched it," he says with a shrug. "Found myself here." He nods to the cave. "I myself would prefer to stick to the natural rather than civilized world. But I will admit this is unusual territory we find ourselves in."

    Nips
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    "Thank you for the insights, ma'am. Perhaps we ought to see if there's any folks on that village down yonder. If things go too sour here I'd want to make sure we at least made the effort to get people off this rock that wanted to. If it's abandoned we can make our way up the other path."

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Nips
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hawthorne gestures agreement. "If there's anyone living this side of the Storm Wall, neighborly greetings are still the top of my list."

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    With a bit of consensus, you begin to move down the mountainside toward the village in the distance. The travel is uneventful, and easy by comparison to the thought of clambering through mountains flanking your route.

    Before too long, you've reached the outskirts of the hamlet. A sign is posted just outside the low perimeter wall of the town, welcoming you to Augsberg.

    medieval-villages-amongst-the-brooding-landscapes-of-bourgogne-franche-comte.jpg

    The village streets are empty, but Augsberg is large enough that you imagine you could find any number of opportunities for inquiry here. Tell me what kind of locale you each choose to seek out, and I'll tell you what you find.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto surveys the empty streets and observes, "Mighty peculiar that no one is out and about. If there's anyone to be found, there ought to be at one or two souls at the local drinking establishment. I volunteer to check it out. I know it's a crappy job, but I'm willing to do it for y'all." Otto smirks at his own joke and looks around for a reaction. He tries not to look crestfallen when he realizes no one is laughing. Undaunted, he walks into town, looking for the nearest bar.

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Mahnmut
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Otto

    Just down the main street, you spot the tell-tale clue of a hanging sign above a doorway, the words "The Soggy Stump" emblazoned proudly across its width. You head toward the establishment, and the door opens neatly before you.

    You first notice that the somewhat-dimly lit room is quiet; it seems there are no other patrons at this locale currently. A bored-looking middle-aged man stands behind the counter, cleaning a mug.

    09d6892779352f5fab31b39706979ff2.jpg

    He introduces himself as Sigurd, invites you sit wherever the wind takes you, and asks for your pick of poison.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto settles on stanning at the bar. "Name's Otto. Pleased to meet ya. Two fingers of Osnier vodka if you please." Otto gestures to the vacant establishment. "I was hopin' to find some work in these here parts, but it appears there's no one around to work for! I don't suppose you need a problem solved or two?"

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Sigurd half grins. "Osnier vodka, eh? Haven't had a lad or lass ask for that in some time." He reaches up to a high shelf behind him, pours out two glasses, and slides one over to you.

    "First one's on me. Been a tick since I seen a seasoned ozzie 'round here. Outside of the time awhile back when the Oz cavalry did training exercises with the Baron's Sky Skimmer brigade, we don't get bloods like yerself down this way."

    The bulk of a man slams the glass back, then returns to his idle mug-cleaning.

    "As for work, I'd be surprised if there's any for a hard-tack lookin' fella like yerself. The Baron's got enough Automatic Soldiers to keep a handle on the isle, and he's picky about who gets into the Skimmer brigade."

    He puts down the mug, and picks up another to continue his diligent work.

    You realize something is off. Roll Spout Lore or Discern Realities, your choice.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
Sign In or Register to comment.