[Storm March - Interlude] The Unusual Appearance of Baron Von Ruckhauser

12346

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    [OOC: Sorry for spotlight stealing, but with my job I’m trying to post while I can.]

    “Waymaker!”, laughs Fernando in remembrance, “My weapon is named Waymaker!”

    Fernando attempts to plunge his halberd into the ghoul, in hopes of harming it and keeping it at pole’s length. Alas...

    fk4753nfa3vt.jpeg


    Geth roll 2d6+1 to Destroy Jawless

    Geth roll 1d10+1 for Damage

    Jawless:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=1, 2]
    Damage:
    1d10+1 3 [1d10=2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 18
    Exilis has never really taken part in a shieldwall with spearmen - that's work for those who cannot fly - and so while he's familiar with the basic ideas, he's never had to put them into practice. Accordingly, he wait for what he hopes is the proper moment, and stabs past Fernando with his spear, hoping to impale the jawless creature* and keep it off his friend.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Hack and Slash!

    * I figure it's got a crossguard at the blade so that it's useful beyond the first charge.
    zorlbzrjfhii.png

    Hack and Slash!:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=2, 6]

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    (Honestly, it's been long enough since I needed to roll damage, that I don't remember if I add Strength to it ... If I do, then +1 to the below number. :D )

    Geth, roll 1d8 for SPEARED!

    SPEARED!:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Nips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei shapeshifts to halfling and rolls out of the fracas, pulling his spear out. He lunges back in at the one he and Hawthorne had been involved in.

    geth roll 2d6+1 hack and slash

    hack and slash:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=4, 4]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d6 damage

    damage:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Huh! I actually didn’t realise most of us had gone for polearms! That’s actually a neat accidental bit of world building; of course folk that can often be found on their mounts carry spears. Further, it makes Otto’s choice of using a sword on bat-back even more metal and unique. It might tie in to Otto’s foes more often being people in the past, while the spears are more general weapons, suitable for large beasts and people alike.]

    693a8k41da9m.jpeg


    ElvenshaeNipsironsizideCheeseliker
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 18
    La Petite Mêlée

    A hearty exhultation issues forth from Fernando as he swings his halberd once more at the jawless ghoul, but in his gusto fails to brace his balance! The ghoul quickly closes the gap and tears a minor rend in the paladin's front plate. A moment later a lancing spearhead come penetrating through the side of the monster, with Exilis at it's grip! But the strike is inexpert, and punctures too deep! With an awkward twist the crossguard at the head becomes lodged behind the ghoul's ribs, preventing Exilis from withdrawing it for a follow-up strike. The ghoul's balance lists for a moment, but the creature keeps its feet and continues to thrash at the mechanical soldier.

    With a feral roar echoing his previous form Wei the Halfling launches himself at the leftmost ghoul, his full weight put behind the strike! The spear bites, punctures, and sliiiiiiiiides the length of the shaft through the ghoul's abdomen. The druid's strike is revealed to be more rage than calculation however, as now he's within the reach of the biting claws and jaw of the aberration. A bloody tit for tat ensues, and the ghoul first puts one claw and then a second into the halfling's delicious meat.

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Fernando Gets Raked (Damage, Armor Applies)
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Wei Gets Punctured (Damage, Armor Applies)

    @Mahnmut It's your time to shine!

    Fernando Gets Raked (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]
    Wei Gets Punctured (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ElvenshaeEndless_Serpents
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hawthorne rolls to his feet and gets an eyeful of the ghoul's fingers sinking into Wei. He mutters a prayer of healing to Sister Moon and gets ready to get in the mix, if she's helping.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 to Cast a Spell (WIS, Cure Light Wounds)

    to Cast a Spell (WIS, Cure Light Wounds):
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=6, 3]

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    NipsElvenshae
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d8 for healing from Cure Light Wounds

    At the end of the prayer, Hawthorne snaps his fingers and leaps forward to tap Wei on the shoulder with the same hand. A spark of silver light catches, and washes faintly across the Druid.

    [OOC: let me know if I need to defy danger or anything to pull this off]

    healing from Cure Light Wounds:
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [It's four on three! You have an opening. Also, you aced that roll, so woooooo no bad stuff!]

    Somewhere in the unknown beyond the great beyond, a coy smile flashes across the lips of a clasically-sculpted intercessor, a divine being gifted grace, and gifting it in turn.

    The energy washes across Wei, some of the depth of his wounds stitching closed in an instant.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    MahnmutElvenshaeEndless_Serpents
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    With an awkward twist the crossguard at the head becomes lodged behind the ghoul's ribs, preventing Exilis from withdrawing it for a follow-up strike. The ghoul's balance lists for a moment, but the creature keeps its feet and continues to thrash at the mechanical soldier.

    Exilis notices that he has the ghoul a-bit-too-firmly pinned on his spear. Were he flying rapidly past on Iugo, there'd be a chance he might have the spear yanked from his hands. He's on his own two feet, though, and that seems unlikely, but he still attempts the spear moves that might clear his point: pivot to the side and down, trying to throw the ghoul onto the floor, while twisting the tip to bring it back through as he steps away.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Hack and Slash!

    Hack and Slash!:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=4, 2]

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Spear damage!

    (And I open myself up to an attack, probably by needing to step past Fernando in order to clear my point.)

    Spear damage!:
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Nips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Is that hot flash the sun? Or simply pain?

    Fernando attempts to pick up the jawless ghoul with his halberd and batter it against the ceiling before flinging it into the one facing down Wei! He pays no mind to Exilis in his righteous fury, and might well throw his spear away with it!

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Hack and Slash
    Geth roll 1d10+1 for Damage
    oh no

    Hack and Slash:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=3, 1]
    Damage:
    1d10+1 10 [1d10=9]

    Endless_Serpents on
    ElvenshaeNips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Wei grits his teeth at the pain, but feels Hawthorne's healing energy flow into him. With renewed vigor, he attempts to swing the spear at the wall, attempting to smash the impaled ghoul against it.

    (oof)

    geth roll 2d6+1 hack and slash

    geth roll 1d6 damage

    hack and slash:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]
    damage:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

    Cheeseliker on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular


    A terrible wind blows, and almost seems to rasp, “Think of the experience points!”

    ElvenshaeNipsironsizideMahnmut
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Exilis

    You pivot and twist, the violence of your motion throwing your balance completely off. In your haste and relative inexperience fighting on your own two feet your momentum carries you into the glass front pane of a stately grandfather clock just a few feet away. You're cut by the shattered glass, but think you're otherwise unharmed.

    Luckily, you can see the damage was done; the jawless ghoul lays lifeless on the floor, the last of a pool of ichor gushing from a gaping wound in its ribcage.


    Fernando

    Your vision goes red in a way you don't understand, fervor overtaking your senses. The ghoul lays at your mercy, and no succor do you show it, crashing the head of your halberd into it over, and over, and over again. By the time you regain your senses the haft of your weapon has snapped off a good foot from the head, and you realize you've been beating a literal corpse with little more than a long stick.


    Wei

    You try to swing, but the weight of the ghoul is too much as it slides back down into reach with you. One claw punctures a leg, another grabbing the opposite arm, and in a flash the thing has clamped its jaws into your delicious, delicious shoulder meat. Gouts of blood stream across its lips and down your arm as you struggle to gain position.

    Fucking ouch. Geth's out to get you, Wei!

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Exilis Gets Clocked (Damage, Armor Applies)
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Wei Gets Fileted (Damage, Armor Applies)

    @ironsizide @Mahnmut Your friends need help!

    Exilis Gets Clocked (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]
    Wei Gets Fileted (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ElvenshaeEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Fernando doesn’t speak. Blood drips from his chin. He turns to everyone with a shaken look. The snarls of the damned are muted. Inside his bronze head he hears a voice echoing. Is it an emissary of the Solar Lord?
    Assault Mode Deactivated
    Additional Threats Present
    Accessing...
    Accessing...

    He shakes these strange phrases from his mind.

    “Here.”, he croaks, his voice breaking.

    He steps through the fracas and reaches for Wei.

    Lay on Hands (Cha)
    When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being, roll+CHA.
    On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
    On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

    Geth roll 1d6+1 for Healing Wei

    @Nips
    My halberd was +1 damage, now it’s a stick with -1 damage.

    Healing Wei:
    1d6+1 3 [1d6=2]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Whoops!

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Healing Wei
    Geth roll 1d8 for Heal Amount

    Healing Wei:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]
    Heal Amount:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    To all observers, the metal knight simply stands in place, its limbs twitching erratically as it contends with a force you in the room cannot fathom. Perhaps it's malfunctioning, perhaps it is in commune with a deific being; who can say?

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ElvenshaeEndless_Serpents
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Kee-ripes this is turnin' into a shitshow mighty quickly! Otto lunges for the ghoul shredding Wei. "Take that you sumbich!"

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Flawless Bladework

    Flawless Bladework:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=6, 1]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    NipsElvenshae
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto connects, but not as cleanly as he had hoped! As he connects a shockwave travels down the blade, intent on knocking the ghoul off his feet.

    Geth, roll 1d8+1d4 for Damage 1p, Burst technique (adding forceful to the attack)

    Damage 1p, Burst technique (adding forceful to the attack):
    1d8+1d4 8 [1d8=4] [1d4=4]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Otto

    Lunging away from the one-armed ghoul, you deliver a vicious strike to the impaled monster on top of Wei! The body and the spear are blasted clear across the room, slumping in a heap in the corner.

    In your haste though the remaining beast swings its good arm at your exposed side, catching you with a bloody rake! It scratches a cut through your leathers, but only just. [Take 2 damage; I rolled twice and took the worse (lol) for the limp arm].

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Violent Disengagement (Damage, Armor Applies)
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Violent Disengagement (Damage, Armor Applies)

    Violent Disengagement (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]
    Violent Disengagement (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Elvenshaeironsizide
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Hawthorne pivots and lays into the flanking ghoul with his quarterstaff.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Hack and Slash (STR)

    Geth, roll 1d6 for damage

    Hack and Slash (STR):
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=3, 4]

    Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    (Which ghouls're left?)

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d6 for damage

    damage:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Elvenshae
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Hawthorne

    Your quarterstaff connects solidly with the hip bone of the ghoul, cracking it with a shuddering thud. The monster lurches, then hurls itself at you with its one good arm in a raking arc! The blow is weak however, and the damage shouldn't be too lasting... Take 1 damage.

    The half-maimed, nearly-dead ghoul is the only remaining opponent now. But what is Wei's condition? And what about Fernando's erratic behavior? Do you find yourselves down two of your number?

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Flailing Claw Swing (Damage, Armor Applies)
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Flailing Claw Swing (Damage, Armor Applies)

    Flailing Claw Swing (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    Flailing Claw Swing (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Mahnmut
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    “Heavens help me!”, shouts Fernando.

    Fernando gingerly drops his broken weapon and tackles the last ghoul at full clip!

    “May Father Sun have mercy upon thee, for my chalice is empty of it!”
    But of course, none of this happens.

    He feels out of body, as if he were a spirit peering down at himself.

    What... what a strange suit of plate I’m wearing, he thinks. I’ve not yet earned my 1st valour, I shouldn’t be in personalised armour...
    System Corrupted
    Grand Machinist Signalled
    Loading...
    Loading...
    The paladin is back in the room.
    He blinks.

    [OOC: So I think the robot needs either a heal or maybe even Defy Danger with INT by someone to find the reset button.

    He has a healing potion, but I was hoping to use that on one of you!]

    Hack and Slash:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=1, 3]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei staggers back from the melee, (1 hp away from 0!) intent on retreating until he can at least take a breath. He has poultices and healing herbs but no time to use them. He takes a defensive stance and hopes his comrades can finish the battle without him.

    Nips
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 23
    Realizing that he is in far better shape than his compatriots, Exilis rushes forward, nigh-heedless of the immediate risk to himself, to take down the remaining ghoul!

    (ED: I want to focus on pushing it away from those who are in mortal danger - I can take a hit!)

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for One More Spearing!

    One More Spearing!:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=6, 1]

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Speared!

    Speared!:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Exilis

    You drive your spear deep into the ghoul's side, and in the process lose your balance knocking you both down. You've pinned it to the floor, but its one good arm swipes a raking sweep of claws across your shoulder and face! With reflexive anger you put all your weight into the spear and drive the tip clean through the monster into the wooden floor beneath.

    It feebly waves its arm, pantomiming another strike, but the hit never comes as it slumps to the floor lifeless.

    The room is silent, broken only by heavy breathing and the whirring of Fernando's mechanisms.

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Last Gasp Grasping (Damage, Armor Applies)

    Last Gasp Grasping (Damage, Armor Applies):
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Elvenshae
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hawthorne leans heavily on his quarterstaff and looks around the room. His puffy eyebrows draw together in concern when he notices Fernando's condition. "Sir Fernando? Friend? Do you need some help?"

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Fernando says:

    MahnmutElvenshaeNips
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hawthorne's eyebrows climb. "Yes," he says, "I can't disagree with that."

    Sister, will you help this broken person?

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 to Cast a Spell (WIS) - Cure Light Wounds

    to Cast a Spell (WIS) - Cure Light Wounds:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=2, 3]

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Nips
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Again, he snaps his fingers, gets a light. The flame gutters uncertainly, but stays alive as he transfers it to Fernando's battered torso.

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Sister Moon's healing

    Sister Moon's healing:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Fernando’s arms swing and click. His head swivels and he lifts his right leg up.

    “Thank y-you. I— I— I have healing powers.”, his voice sounds tinny, but returns to his usual bombast, “The Sun and the Moon share the sky, and so we should trade curatives!”

    Fernando’s left arm locks out sharply and whacks Hawthorne on the shoulder.

    Lay on Hands
    When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being, roll+CHA.
    On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
    On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

    His attempt to heal you by divine means does nothing. It’s all very awkward.

    He blinks heavy bronze eyelids alternatively. Someone coughs. Fernando begins to take a step and slowly slides into a forward splits.

    “Wei Wei Wei— Here is”, his voice goes jarringly deep, “a healing potion.”

    The paladin rolls it towards his most injured ally, then droops over sideways.

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Maybe Healing
    Geth roll 1d8 Possible Amount

    Maybe Healing:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=3, 1]
    Possible Amount:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]

    Endless_Serpents on
    MahnmutElvenshaeNips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [For reference:
    When you drink an entire healing potion, heal yourself of 10 damage or remove one debility, your choice.]

    hxw4osq6aoua.jpeg

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei picks it up. "Thank you, friend," he says, uncorking it and drinking it. He feels a warmth spread throughout his body and bones. He takes a look around the room, considering...

    Time for answers to Discern Realities questions?

    Nips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Will be busy from now on, so Fernando is an NPC going forward. Perhaps ‘when you roll with Fernando by your side, deal +1 damage.’ but he otherwise doesn’t exist.

    Also we should level up if possible!]

    Nipsironsizide
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    A Quiet Office Respite
    Wei looks about the room, studying his compatriots and the office as he wipes the last of a bit of potion from his lips with a sleeve. (Do you even have sleeves?)

    What is about to happen?
    The room itself is quiet and the hidden access down to the Astral Engine room is open and undisturbed. Training your hearing a bit you do not hear anything from beyond the doors into the hallway; perhaps the Beast and the remaining ghouls tore each other to shreds, perhaps one or the other retreated. Or, one or the other is lurking in wait. Regardless the doors remain shut fast with no indication of being disturbed.

    What here is useful or valuable to me?
    The webs that previously barred the entrance hold any number of hand-sized trinkets. With a bit of picking you think you could find something to aid you in your journey. Beyond that portions of the webs themselves could be salvaged and weaved into a sturdy rope, or with more expert handling a man-sized net. Or perhaps another use for the raw material can be sung to you by your muse.

    What should I be on the lookout for?
    Unsure of the condition of the threats outside the room, you should definitely be on the lookout for the Beast or ghouls; you don't see any other immediate entrances into the room, but the Beast at least has a knowledge of the crawl spaces of this place that clearly outpaces your own understanding.

    Fernando
    Fernando stands back to his full height, quietly assesses the room for a moment, then retrieves the axe head of his halberd. Now shortened to barely a forearm's-length, he nevertheless swings it with an idle chopping motion of the wrist. Satisfied, the mechanical paladin grasps the broken haft of the halberd in his off hand and leans on as you would a walking stick. "Now, friends, that was a mighty battle!" he voices with a bravado that you're unsure how to muster yourself. "What next?"
    From here on, until Endless decides to return in earnest, I'm going to handle Fernando as a Hireling. A good hireling, mind you, not some rabble off the street you'd pay a bit of coin just to carry your junk.

    Fernando the Stalwart
    Cost: The Thrill of Victory
    Fernando desires the sweet taste of triumph over the evil, the depraved, and the malicious. Ordering him counter to this drive will degrade his loyalty to you, barring exceptional circumstances.
    Loyalty +3
    (Hirelings do what you tell them to, so long as it isn’t obviously dangerous, degrading, or stupid, and their cost is met. When a hireling find themselves in a dangerous, degrading, or just flat-out crazy situation due to your orders roll+loyalty. On a 10+ they stand firm and carry out the order. On a 7–9 they do it for now, but come back with serious demands later. Meet them or the hireling quits on the worst terms.)
    First Aid +2
    (When Fernando staunches your wounds heal 4 HP. You take -1 forward as their healing is painful and distracting.)
    Sentry +2
    (When Fernando stands between you and an attack you increase your armor against that attack by 3, then reduce their skill by 1 until they receive healing or have time to mend.)
    Man-At-Arms +2
    (When you deal damage while Fernando aids you add +2 to the damage done. If your attack results in consequences (like a counter attack) the man-at-arms takes the brunt of it.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    ironsizideCheeseliker
Sign In or Register to comment.