As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Storm March - Interlude] The Unusual Appearance of Baron Von Ruckhauser

145679

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Okay you two fine chaps, jump into my arms!”

    Fernando doesn’t think he can hold them both up, but it gives them an obvious goal which hopefully can’t be misinterpreted.

  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The two mechanical workers swing themselves in tandem, and then one after the other catapult themselves up over the catwalk ledge into your arms!

    [Give me a Defy Danger (+CON) roll to avoid getting a bit crushed under the weight of two flying automatons!]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Defying Danger

    Fernando doesn’t have time to stop.

    Defying Danger:
    2d6+2 10 [2d6=6, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    You straighten yourself, heaving your two attendants to their feet. You quickly survey the room and see Hawthorne on the opposite side of the chamber on your same catwalk, being menaced by several workers.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Hawthorne waves to Fernando and his, oh, his friends. "Hello, fellow authorized workers!"

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Endless_Serpents
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    What here is not what it appears to be?

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Defy Danger with CHA

    “Hello, I, who am very high rank, have come here to give you the new job as a supervisor to this...”, he waves vaguely all around, “Its good you’re finally here, the workers need your help. Walk with me.”

    “Everyone else, carry on, this...”, he waves vaguely all around, “Doesn’t run itself!”

    The plan is as Hawthorne as a supervisor they’ll back off... at least long enough for them to get ahead.

    Defy Danger with CHA:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=5, 1]

    Endless_Serpents on
    MahnmutNips
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Through the Eyes of a Little Bird
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    There is a striking oddness here, at the top of the massive chamber. Your humanoid eyes didn't perceive it below, but now that you're in an avian form all color and light looks more intense, saturated, and different.

    When you first heard the large suited figure and Toth speak you assumed that was the Baron, that he had taken on some mechanical form. However, your avian perception lets you see it: a fog of glowing blue energy that permeates the chamber, thin in the air but concentrating itself around living things. Toth glows with an incandescence, and even the automatic soldiers surrounding her have a dim light of it surrounding them.

    The large suited figure, however? Only as brightly-lit as the surrounding metal warriors. It is then you realize that tendrils of that glowing blue fog extend outward from the astral engine itself to the imposing armored silhouette, twisting and moving in tandem with its unnervingly-graceful motion.

    It seems that the large armored figure is not, itself, the whole of the Baron!


    Fernando and Hawthorne

    Fernando, your commands seem to lose a bit in translation! The workers immediately following you stare down the small handful near Hawthorne, and suddenly there seems to be a standstill among the workers. If they were flesh and blood, you might be convinced that the two groups are arguing with each other, but here no words are exchanged. Only a trading of glances, and small micro-movements bounce back and forth between the two cadres; who knows what result they might reach?

    KFRTRm7h.png

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Fernando puts a hand on the back of Andy and Cher (they needed names, he thinks), and walks behind the group on his side towards his ally.

    “Andy, that’s you, get my grappling hook. We might need to help your new supervisor ascend to the next level...”

    Using up my only adventurer’s gear. If nothing stops us right now we’ll try to climb to the next platform (assuming there is enough of a gap that hanging on isn’t the only option).

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (gosh that seems like a lot of baddies. We need to deal with this blue fog stuff. Hmmm. Can I tell if the blue fog is coming from or connected to a central location?)

  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (As best you can tell, the blue light fog coalesces strongest to living entities, weakly around Automatic Workers and Soldiers, and also as an aura around the entire Astral Core. Aside from the tendrils connecting the large armored figure to the Core, the fog only moves along with the entities mentioned above.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    [OOC: Do I have it right that the only way up is the pulley system, but that system has now stopped? Is there any other way up?]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [The pulley Fernando was on (right side) has stopped, but nobody's checked out the other one!

    A Discern Realities roll would certainly go some distance to figuring out other paths up!]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    [I was hoping...]

    Otto takes what seems like an eternity to discern his next move...

    [What here is useful or valuable to me?]

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Discern Realities

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=5, 3]

    ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Otto

    You quickly scan the room, looking for paths upward. The pulley on the far side of the room is still moving, though there are also more mechanical workers milling about in that direction.

    As you survey the room, you also notice the monolithic machine itself: all along its surface are pipes, fittings, outcroppings of parts, and a litany of levers and hand-sized holds. You gauge that you could easily climb the machine, though the ascent would be slower.

    Additionally, something else catches your eye: where the walkway you are on leads to the machine, the engine has a junction box of sorts. Numerous tubes, pipes, and conduits feed into this box affixed to the side of the great machine. Scanning the room once more, you notice that wherever a catwalk leads to the machine, there is another junction box.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto, noticing the junction boxes, starts running through options. Looks like I can use the tubes and pipes and wotnot to get to the central machine, climb up the thing and use another set to get back to a catwalk. Slower, but a helluva lot safer looking that those damned pulleys, Losing an arm would be a serious detriment to performing my job.

    Otto starts making his way to the nearest box on the machine.

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Fernando discerns this reality by getting real discerning. He squints, and his two squires follow his gaze.

    “Yeup. This sure is”, he gestures all around, “all this.”

    Geth roll 2d6 for Discern Realities

    Discern Realities:
    2d6 4 [2d6=2, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Here goes nothin...)

    Wei flies above the tall armored being, up and up and then...turns into a bear and falls right on top of it with a crash. The hope is to pin it down, get all the armored robots to leave Toth and attack Wei, giving her a chance to get free. He hopes his friends make their way up quickly.

    geth roll 2d6+2 shapeshift BIG BEAR

    shapeshift BIG BEAR:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=4, 3]

  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Otto

    In short order you're in front of the nearest junction box, assessing the climbing situation. As you're checking over the potential hand- and foot-holds you grasp a pipe that enters into the side of the box, and it breaks off in your hand!

    A short burst of scintillating blue gas issues forth, and just as quickly the issuance ends and the gas dissipates. You are unharmed, and though a bit thrown aback by the shock, you realize that all of the components in and of the junction box are extremely fragile.


    Fernando (and Hawthorne by association!)

    Your momentary lapse of confidence is the final straw that breaks the logical camel's back. All of the nearby servitors pause and then as one turn on you, and begin to bludgeon both you and Hawthorne with their tools!

    Geth, roll 1d4 Fernando Gets Bludgeoned (Damage, Armor Reduces)
    Geth, roll 1d4 Hawthorne Gets Bludgeoned (Damage, Armor Reduces)


    Wei

    [Shapeshifter: Hold 2 - Great Sylvan Bear Form]
    [You gain the move Spectral Rend while in this form:]
    [Spectral Rend: Spend one hold from your Shapeshifter roll. On your next Hack & Slash roll, that attack bypasses all armor and may affect noncorporeal targets.]

    The bulk of your form comes popping into existence over the previously unaware figure and crashes immediately down upon it! Roll your damage for a surprise attack!

    Just as easily as you've landed, however, your opponent seems to have a match in your raw strength. It begins to lift itself up, with the bulk of you on its shoulders! Make a Defy Danger (STR) roll to keep the large armored figure pinned, and you may spend 1 hold to add +1 forward to the roll!

    Fernando Gets Bludgeoned (Damage, Armor Reduces):
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    Hawthorne Gets Bludgeoned (Damage, Armor Reduces):
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Enough!”, bellows Fernando, “Stand down and carry on your duties! Who are you stand against me?”

    From above the robotic paladin a projection of his soul appears in dazzling sunlit glory. Both the bronze body and the soul’s eyes shed beams of pure summer light. They both slam their fists into their open palm, and take a step forward. The immediate area fills with a terrible heat!

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for I Am The Law


    [OOC:
    I Am The Law
    When you give an NPC an order based on your Divine Authority, roll+Cha.
    On a 7+, they choose one:
    - Do what you say
    - Back away cautiously, then flee
    - Attack you
    On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
    On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

    I’m sorting bending this to use on multiple NPCs, but my odds are terrible that this works anyway.

    In addition to this, regardless of the results, I’m going to brandish my definite, visible divine authority, which I’ve got for telling no lies up to this point.

    I Am The Law:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=6, 4]

    CheeselikerNips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d6+2 dmg

    Wei bellows out another roar, attempting to gain the attention of his comrades, before slamming his weight down upon the metal being once more in an effort to keep it down. If he can perhaps threaten it's life, it may keep the other automatons at bay?

    geth roll 2d6+2 defy danger strength

    dmg:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    defy danger strength:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=3, 2]

  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Fernando
    [I'm treating the unit of Automatic Workers as kind of a single mob-unit anyway, so I'm game!]
    [Rhetorical question in my head: What constitutes a lie?]

    The power of your soul bursts forth from your mechanical cage in a dazzling display of yellow-white light! The automatic workers, previously beating you and Hawthorne with wrenches and hammers, immediately stop and turn to stare at you. Your heart beats a solitary beat, then the small crowd of servitors disperse to resume other tasks. It seems they've chosen to do what you say and carry on with their duties.


    Wei

    The armor of the large figure becomes dented as you drive your bulk back down onto it! It issues a stunned gasp and then some utterance you don't quite hear. The crowd of onlooking Automatic Soldiers turns and rushes in on you, blades and bludgeons already mid-swing. You glance up between strikes and see that Toth has freed herself, striking down at least one soldier with a magical lance of energy. She's now moving opposite of the crowd of Soldiers.

    Geth, roll 2d8 for Stabbing and Crushing Blows (Damage, Armor Reduces)

    Stabbing and Crushing Blows (Damage, Armor Reduces):
    2d8 4 [2d8=2, 2]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei gives a roar, raises his great bulk and comes down hard on the metal being, feeling the force of his spirit strike whatever controlled the automaton.

    (spend 1 hold on Spectral Red)

    geth roll 2d6+2 hack and slash

    hack and slash:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=5, 4]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (any bonus from having him pinned as well?)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (I choose to do extra damage +1d6)

    geth roll 2d6+2 dmg

    dmg:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=5, 2]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: So here’s how I’m playing the hand Fernando has been dealt.

    Until this area he has been honest, mostly by confronting the fact he’s a robot who’s not yet fit to be called paladin.

    Here, he’s gone a step further by realising his god must need him to be a robot. He does have authority over the other robots, he does have authority to make someone a supervisor. That’s not a lie.


    Proper post tomorrow!]

    NipsMahnmut
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Wei

    With a lunge you plunge your foreclaws into the previously-dented armor plate of this hulking figure. As if it was tin foil, you tear and wrench open the armor leaving a colossal gash. A small puff of scintillating blue steam jettisons out the hole and quickly dissipates.

    Suddenly, the form swings a pointed elbow back at you with rocket force! The impact of the hit throws you off its back, and your bulk in flight tumbles through several Automatic Soldiers; you land on them to the sound of the crunch of crushed metal cans.

    Geth roll 1d10+3 for Steam-Powered Elbow Spike (Damage, Armor Reduces)

    [No bonus damage, but you did have an advantageous position that was keeping the target from leveraging more deadly means!]
    [Also, I'm mostly sure you don't have any static modifier to add to your damage dice (e.g. you don't normally get a stat modifier bonus to damage in DW), but there's no need to reroll; I've got the math end handled.]

    Steam-Powered Elbow Spike (Damage, Armor Reduces):
    1d10+3 6 [1d10=3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    @Mahnmut Care to take a move? Fernando's last exultation bought you some needed space.
    @ironsizide What does Otto do with the newfound knowledge of these junction boxes?
    @Elvenshae Has Exilis figured out which way out of the Astral Sea is up?

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    "This looks important AND fragile. Time to make a mess." Otto does his best to secure his position on the cylinder, draws his pistol, aims for the junction box. Eldritch energies flow down his arm and flow through the pistol as he fires.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Flawless Bladework

    Flawless Bladework:
    2d6+2 14 [2d6=6, 6]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Otto's gun strikes true! Electrical bolts arc from the barrel and explode on contact with the box.

    Geth, roll 1d8+1d4 for damage

    (Galvanic and Burst techniques. Galvanic 'numbs a limb' from electrical discharge. Burst adds the 1d4 damage and the forceful tag.)

    damage:
    1d8+1d4 10 [1d8=7] [1d4=3]

    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Mhm so in that little scuffle Hawthorne was hopping about, yelping at each smack of a wrench, but managing to take most of it on his highly practical armor.

    Now he’s dusting himself off and giving Fernando a once-over. “Well, friend, I guess they like you! I’m glad we won’t have to tear through them, just to reach their boss.”

    He notices Fernando took a worse beating, but lacking the Cure spell or repair tools, won’t mention it if the holy warrior doesn’t.

    Can we hear or see Otto or Wei?

    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Otto

    Your shot goes off with the sound of a THUNDERCLAP! Even you are caught off guard by the force of the blast, and despite training yourself to let the percussion of the stroke wash past you, you can't help but wince and take a step back. Something in your shot must have connected to the machine just so, because that was clearly more force than even your most dangerous strike could usually muster.

    As you wave some smoke from your eyes, you see the remains of the junction box: the metal components are smoldering and half-melted, and a thick blue fog issues out of the nearby connecting tubes. This node is clearly destroyed.

    The catwalk wavers slightly under your feet, causing you to look down, and you see why the essentially-solid framework underfoot is vibrating: the force of your blast ruptured a shockwave into the machine! In a peculiar bit of slow-motion, you see the blast wave propagate down through the machine. One level below you and off to your left, the junction box just barely within view suffers the brunt of the shockwaves as they converge through connecting tubes and pipes. It likewise bursts apart in a shower of white-hot sparks, issuing forth a second geyser of blue fog! The machine, seemingly settling itself, resumes its low thrum as the internal pressures restabilize.


    Hawthorne

    From your vantage point you clearly see Otto take aim at the machine with his sidearm. The resultant blast blows the junction box in front of him completely to pieces, and only a few seconds later you hear an echoing explosion from the far side of the chamber from you.

    You can't see Wei or Exilis, but you definitely hear a bear's roar from up above accompanied by the clanging of metal feet on flooring. You also hear a mechanism kick in, and the pulley system appears to start running again but at a slightly slower speed than before.


    DvZe93T.png

    [GM's note: There are six junction box nodes, two on each of levels 1 through 3, on opposite sides of the machine. Otto's blast destroyed the one in front of him on Level 2, and the one furthest from Hawthorne and Fernando on Level 1]
    [Hell of a critical hit, @ironsizide !]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Indeed! Worry not friend, I’m as fit as a fiddle! Now, what we need is some knowledge, some understanding of what this place is. Hm... perhaps if I take a look at this contraption!”

    Fernando rips the nearest junction box out of the wall for study.

    Geth roll 2d6 for Maybe I’m Defying Danger?

    Maybe Im Defying Danger?:
    2d6 7 [2d6=1, 6]

  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (We'll call that a Defy Danger [Strength] roll, then....you are a mechanical man after all!)

    Sparks fly, and a gout of scintillating blue gas bursts out from behind the junction box! You are left holding in your hands a metal box with some windows of plate glass embedded in it, trailing conduit and broken tubes.

    The entire room shudders as the machine vibrates violently! Klaxons begin to blare as hidden doorways open at the sides of the chamber, at every level, and swarms of automatic soldiers pour into the room! You are now each within only seconds of being violently accosted from all sides!

    What do you do?

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    [OOC: Sorry for the lack of response! I didn’t realise it was me next!]

    “Right my squires! Let’s barge through this lot and find out what goes on behind closed doors!”, Fernando cheers.

    Fighting these guys doesn’t count as a victory, not any more, they’re just puppets, and Fernando wants the puppeteer.

    He makes some headway, but is carried back on a wave of metal men. Time for a fight.

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Defy Danger with Strength and Optimism

    Defy Danger with Strength and Optimism:
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=2, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Wei attempts to run and lead the automatons and big brute away from Toth. (defy danger dex?)


  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Fernando

    As if an oncoming wave of brass and steel, a small legion of automatic soldiers marches straight out of a nearby doorway and right down the catwalk at you! You stand triumphantly, declaring the righteousness of your cause...and are promptly washed off the catwalk by the onrushing tide.

    Thunk. You are collided into by metal bodies at a full-tilt run.

    Clunk. You ricochet off the body of the great machine, about seven feet down off the catwalk, midair.

    Crunch. You land on the stone floor below. The landing is rough, but manageable.

    Thunk Clunk Crunch. Five automatic soldiers land on top of you. The weight of their impacts is much, much less pleasant.

    Geth, roll 2d4+2 for High Velocity Soldiery (Damage, Armor reduces)


    Wei

    Toth is making a relatively clean break for open air, due to your intense and weighty distraction!

    Attempt to do the same! Defy Danger (Dex)!

    High Velocity Soldiery (Damage, Armor reduces):
    2d4+2 7 [2d4=2, 3]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Not much room to manoeuvre. Hm.

    The nearly paladin calls up to his squires, “See that fellow? The living and breathing one? Stand in the way of any oncoming attackers!”

    Fernando sees this as just the right, paladiny thing they should be doing. (I’m sacrificing what little future help these guys can offer me to make a long distance Aid)

    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Aid Wei

    Fernando presses the junction box he pulled out of the cylinder to the head of a tin-man piled on him and crunches it down hard. Did, um, that do anything? Nice big explosion? I can take the hit coach!

    Meanwhile, does Fernando see any more of those dodads to pull out?

    [OOC: That looks like a +1 for Wei, and badness for the squires.]

    Aid Wei:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=4, 2]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    geth roll 2d6+1 defy danger dex

    defy danger dex:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=6, 1]

  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    {Given that Fernando is on the literal bottom floor, and Wei is on the literal top floor, and Fernando is literally under a pile of Automatic Soldiers...}
    {I'm going to kinda cook all these results together into a Mixed Success gumbo, and we'll see what happens next!}

    Fernando begins shouting from underneath the pile of servitors, attracting even more to his position. The Baron above, peering through the gaps of the catwalk floor beneath him, witnesses the sudden inexplicable pile-up and is momentarily distracted!

    Still in his Great Bear form, Wei demonstrates some remarkable agility and leaps backwards off of the armored form of the Baron! His ursine grace carries him down onto a nearby Automatic Soldier, crushing the bystander flat in the process. The remaining Soldiers turn, and suddenly the upper floor has become a racetrack! Great Bear Wei begins leading the soldier cadre in a chase around top of the Astral Core.

    The Baron, freed from his prone position, raises himself to his fully armored height and issues a deafening command.

    "Enough." It becomes clear that the Baron has asserted his authority over any and all Soldiers and Workers here in the room. The massive armor of the Baron strides to a particular vantage point near the Astral Core, and issues a another command.

    "Destroy the bear, along with any remaining interlopers! Protect the Core! My designs will not be waylaid at this crucial juncture!"

    In a darkened and overlooked alcove of the room, Toth begins to manifest a spell...

    {For clarity: The consequences of these Mixed Successes are that (1) The Automatons will now no longer heed any of Fernando's commands, (2) Fernando is now literally buried under a double-digits pile of Automatons, and (3) Wei freed himself from the melee he started, but is now being pursued by every Automatic Soldier on the top floor, with more coming up the lifts to cut off his escape.}

    {Both Junction Boxes on Level 1 are destroyed, as is the frontside box on Level 2. Ipso Facto, three Junction Boxes remain undamaged.}
    {The Astral Core shudders and shakes periodically, clearly suffering some dysfunction from the destruction of those nodes.}
    {I'll update the map later today!
    }

    @Mahnmut @ironsizide @Elvenshae

    Your friends have provided ample distractions, but the tide is turning quickly! What do you do?

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeselikerironsizide
Sign In or Register to comment.