Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    i don't know who this dark brooding catboy is but I love him and want to protect him at all costs

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    In SFV will cosmetic mods get you popped? and if not is there like a "not so horny" pack? I just...hate it all so much. It's not fun horny. It's not pleasantly horny, it's just gross horny. I want to punch and kick without having an ethical quandry on representation here. And like, poison isn't even so bad, at least it's a theme. But so many characters are just tits out for harambe and ugh. Or just own it and make some bishi men or something, though I know exactly why they never will and it's why Juri got two new costumes voted in. It's so rampant too, SF, SC, GG all are definitely in this category for me. DBZF is ok, and I just don't know about tekken but would bet it also falls into the horny trap. And honestly if DBZF had had more source material I bet it would be much, much worse. Instead the source material means it's just oops all gokus and that's ok at least.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    A few Streamers I watch use some costume mods and I don't think Capcom cares.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    In SFV will cosmetic mods get you popped? and if not is there like a "not so horny" pack? I just...hate it all so much. It's not fun horny. It's not pleasantly horny, it's just gross horny. I want to punch and kick without having an ethical quandry on representation here. And like, poison isn't even so bad, at least it's a theme. But so many characters are just tits out for harambe and ugh. Or just own it and make some bishi men or something, though I know exactly why they never will and it's why Juri got two new costumes voted in. It's so rampant too, SF, SC, GG all are definitely in this category for me. DBZF is ok, and I just don't know about tekken but would bet it also falls into the horny trap. And honestly if DBZF had had more source material I bet it would be much, much worse. Instead the source material means it's just oops all gokus and that's ok at least.

For a second I thought "SC isn't that bad", and then I remembered that I gave them all better costumes

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah SC6 is actually a downgrade from SC5 which while still horny tuned it down a bit from 4.

The lack of 2P costumes generally made it worse.

That said I'm not against sexy characters I just don't think everyone needs to be one.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    just on a ground level characters should feel like they're sexy because they, the character, want to be sexy, and not because they're a wrestler who got booked for a mud wrestling match by their agent

like that's the bar

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    i don't know who this dark brooding catboy is but I love him and want to protect him at all costs

As someone who has spent far too much on Granblue that is Eustace in a nutshell yes

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    templewulf wrote: »

For a second I thought "SC isn't that bad", and then I remembered that I gave them all better costumes

SC wasn't that bad early on (like Soul Blade/Edge, SC1, SC2), but it's gotten pretty bad from SC3 onward.
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah SC6 is actually a downgrade from SC5 which while still horny tuned it down a bit from 4.

The lack of 2P costumes generally made it worse.

That said I'm not against sexy characters I just don't think everyone needs to be one.

I know 4 introduced it, but 5 still had clothing damage too, didn't it? That's the most egregious change to the series in this respect.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Most of the characters in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid aren't showing any skin at all!

Well...there is Lord Zedd, but he kind of went too far in the opposite direction.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Can't show skin if you ain't got any!

(I had to double check and image search Zedd to see if the joke worked)

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

In lore he's part of the same organization/team as Vaseraga and Zeta, who's primary requirements for recruiting people seem to be 1) Are they broody/edgy? and 2) are they super hot?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

In lore he's part of the same organization/team as Vaseraga and Zeta, who's primary requirements for recruiting people seem to be 1) Are they broody/edgy? and 2) are they super hot?

Every member of The Society (whose job is basically to kill god-like monsters on the regular) fucking rules

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

There are worse criteria for winnowing recruits.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Weirdly, mk11' s female characters seems less sexualized than Street Fighter's roster these days.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

SC wasn't that bad early on (like Soul Blade/Edge, SC1, SC2), but it's gotten pretty bad from SC3 onward.

*thinks back to soul edge and soul calibur 2 and taki's low poly boob physics and the greek ladies' upskirt physics and ivy's everything*
    ehhhhhh

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

*thinks back to soul edge and soul calibur 2 and taki's low poly boob physics and the greek ladies' upskirt physics and ivy's everything*
    ehhhhhh

You're not wrong, but have you considered https://m.imgur.com/v3bvG

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    st
    Weirdly, mk11' s female characters seems less sexualized than Street Fighter's roster these days.

That's because they actually made an effort to tone that shit down from say MK9.

I remember cause manchildren on the internet wouldn't stop complaining about it.

But imo MK11 has some of the better designs the series has ever had. Not just graphically but artistically.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    st

That's because they actually made an effort to tone that shit down from say MK9.

I remember cause manchildren on the internet wouldn't stop complaining about it.

But imo MK11 has some of the better designs the series has ever had. Not just graphically but artistically.

Sheeva was never good, and now she's cool as hell

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Yeah...God I used to hate her design so much.

Like...even as a kid I was like what the hell is this.

She looked liked she was going to jazzerise or something.

And I was surprised some people liked it which goes to show some folks just have bad taste.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    A coworker I met yesterday told me Spider-Man was his favorite superhero. And he proceeded to explain why. Which consisted entirely of a list of the "super hot chicks" he dated.

There are people that love those old designs for all the wrong reasons.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Docshifty wrote: »
    A coworker I met yesterday told me Spider-Man was his favorite superhero. And he proceeded to explain why. Which consisted entirely of a list of the "super hot chicks" he dated.

If that's his criteria, I would think Batman or Iron Man should be his favorite. But then, I'm drawing a blank after four for Peter (Gwen, MJ, Betty Brant, & Black Cat). As far as actually getting action, even Scott Summers has him beat at 3.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Docshifty wrote: »

If that's his criteria, I would think Batman or Iron Man should be his favorite. But then, I'm drawing a blank after four for Peter (Gwen, MJ, Betty Brant, & Black Cat). As far as actually getting action, even Scott Summers has him beat at 3.

I imagine his thoughts on superheroes are not well thought out, as evidenced by claiming that Thor and Iron Man put up more of a fight against Thanos than Marvel did in the MCU. Which, hoo boy.

I have to imagine he picked spider man cause he's always a high school/early college guy which is just immediately more relatable.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    st

Mk11 costumes and character designs are just insanely high quality, I have spent an inordinate amount of time in the character viewer just zooming around various characters, equipping all their gear and costumes and just gawking at the design and detail.

When I finally got those stupid timed event arms for Jax I spent so much time taking screen shots of his complete classic look. My fav character and he just looks so good, and with old and young versions too
    527c86f3-4593-4e79-9d1d-3c522afe49e9.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=oWSgEdghreke%2BuQ7dXPrbEbO0KanMCeHWn6faxoiIJQ%3D

Also Rain has my favourite mask in a game full of badass masks
    gv4klt9x3ffe.jpeg

Prohass on
  • Options
    :rotate:
    just on a ground level characters should feel like they're sexy because they, the character, want to be sexy, and not because they're a wrestler who got booked for a mud wrestling match by their agent

like that's the bar

I was all, "hey Sakura is alright, not my bag but I see this as generally good des...those are her panties, god damnit."

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Also the mk aftermath story has the most healthy relationship in all fighting game history, shao khan and sindel. They’re just deliciously evil and supportive of one another’s evilness

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Also the mk aftermath story has the most healthy relationship in all fighting game history, shao khan and sindel. They’re just deliciously evil and supportive of one another’s evilness

Yeah I actually liked her retcon.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    MK is Gomez and Morticia Addams fanfic: confirmed!

templewulf on
  • Options
    MK is Gomez and Morticia Addams fanfic: confirmed!

I have no idea how the rights work, but I would absolutely love to see them as characters or a set character in something with a tag mechanic. Or just make it one character that works like ginyu/videl. Can go ham and give them an isabella and vlad von carstein skin too.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I don't think I want to see fatalities performed on Gomez and Morticia.

If they were in a fighting game, I'd imagine their fighting style would just be ballroom dancing around the stage, ignoring their opponent and focused entirely on each other.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »

If they were in a fighting game, I'd imagine their fighting style would just be ballroom dancing around the stage, ignoring their opponent and focused entirely on each other.

i think even if they were decapitated they'd still be laughing and joking with whoever they were fighting

• Options

i think even if they were decapitated they'd still be laughing and joking with whoever they were fighting

A gout of blood from a neck, gomez's head making quips as his body tries to find it. I think they'd be fine with it, frankly, they'd just never show pain or distress from the fatalities.

Also, I know I'm just gear fetishizing but oh my goodness building a hitbox looks like fun.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hitboxes are extremely fun to use and pretty easy on the hands even during multi hour play sessions

simulacrum on
  • Options
    Yeah I'm on a mech keyboard now so it makes most sense anyway. if anything spacebar for jump is preventing me from the noob habit of always jumping for no reason

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm on a mech keyboard now so it makes most sense anyway. if anything spacebar for jump is preventing me from the noob habit of always jumping for no reason

Sounds like you should build a Mixbox instead!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Zxerol wrote: »

Sounds like you should build a Mixbox instead!

Very reasonable but I want them round boys. Plan rn is for sanwa silent 2nd gens so my partner doesn't murder me, though they don't have 24mm versions so my movement still gonna be loud, or maybe keep those with those buttons that can go on cherry stems. Definetly have a minute as I find art to go in an eternal rivals case

Correction, gamerfingers for the 24mm.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    My copy of megamix fighterz and x-men vs street fighter showed up

Now I just have to find the damn sega saturn

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular

A gout of blood from a neck, gomez's head making quips as his body tries to find it. I think they'd be fine with it, frankly, they'd just never show pain or distress from the fatalities.

Also, I know I'm just gear fetishizing but oh my goodness building a hitbox looks like fun.

It totally is! Just be aware that a lot of components are on backorder right now due to global supply issues, including Sanwa buttons. I had planned on going all black for my case and buttons but compromised on red and white. Also, Allfightsticks has a parts picker that helps quite a bit if you're unsure what you need, and they sell the internal wiring already cut and terminated if you're not a wiring person. Some of their components are marked up quite a bit, though, so shop around.

• Options
    Kreutz wrote: »

It totally is! Just be aware that a lot of components are on backorder right now due to global supply issues, including Sanwa buttons. I had planned on going all black for my case and buttons but compromised on red and white. Also, Allfightsticks has a parts picker that helps quite a bit if you're unsure what you need, and they sell the internal wiring already cut and terminated if you're not a wiring person. Some of their components are marked up quite a bit, though, so shop around.

I especially recommend Paradise Arcade Shop in Minneapolis. I visited them in person when I lived there, and they're just a family run business and super helpful in person and on Facebook. They're also usually the cheapest of the major arcade parts stores.

They've been hit by supply problems too, like Kreutz mentioned. I ordered their new MPress hitbox back in December, but the acrylics supplier was so backed up that they didn't ship out the parts until this month!

This discussion has been closed.