As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    and a complete lack of blood and gore
    But it's Mortal Kombat. There are other games Cesar Romero Joker might fit into, but if it's this game, blood and gore is most of the entire point.

I think it might be a fun contradiction to the rest of the game.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    and a complete lack of blood and gore
    But it's Mortal Kombat. There are other games Cesar Romero Joker might fit into, but if it's this game, blood and gore is most of the entire point.

I think it might be a fun contradiction to the rest of the game.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah um I don't know about that take since even MK doesn't take itself all the way serious.

That said yeah I used to like Joker until he became the poster child for every wannabe edgelord.

Naw I'm pretty eh about him.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I also have extreme Joker fatigue and don't care about the character, but at least it looks like they had a lot of fun coming up with his moveset instead of just like, dropping Injustice Joker into MK.

He's got a ton of of crazy weapons and gadgets and special moves. I'm not going to play him but I'll definitely watch people trying him out on twitch.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m sick of the joker but I garauntee he sells the most single dlc purchases. People love him. This version also looks great, way better than the first shots we had of him. Also all the skins for the other characters look great

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I also have extreme Joker fatigue and don't care about the character, but at least it looks like they had a lot of fun coming up with his moveset instead of just like, dropping Injustice Joker into MK.

He's got a ton of of crazy weapons and gadgets and special moves. I'm not going to play him but I'll definitely watch people trying him out on twitch.

Not gonna be watching any MK11 streams personally, but I'll concede they did seem to come up with some interesting moves for him from the trailer.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So tekken 7 came to Xbox gamepass. Gave it a try. Got stuck at the akuma v heiachi angry man fight, even on easy. The whole thing is just very much not my bag at all. I’m glad others like it tho

It’s also tough to go back to other fighting games story modes after getting used to NR.

Also it did not look good at all on my 4K tv

I realise it’s not for me tho, I am extremely bad at fighting games so the depth and quality of its systems is wasted on me

Prohass on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

we know our brand

Brolo on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Bruh what the hell that is super NSFW throw that in some spoiler tags man.

Transporter on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    short of MVCI Space Stone, there's still very little in fighting games more enjoyable to me then watching a Vegito players absolutely OPPRESS PEOPLE. to hell with not getting hit. don't even block. if you block Vegito 5L the game is over and you lost

Vegito main won Frosty Faustings with a pretty sick team, Cell and Gotenks

ohhhhhhh so satisfying

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Yes, crush the Kid Goku army, see them driven before you, hear the lamentation of their Bardocks.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So, looking up Vegito DBFZ videos lead me to this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnbzIMi_QZM

Which lead me to looking up songs in DBFZ that were ported over from an earlier Arc System Works Dragonball game, DBZ:EB for the 3DS. And holy shit, the soundtrack for that game is awesome. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised given who made it, but still check out this playlist. Here's some of my favorites (besides 'Urban Area' in that clip video above):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar3wm8C5-Vg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utd1c4f2UIc

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I wonder what the S3 patch notes for DBFZ will be.

I wasn't exactly enthused about the S2 patches. It felt like they took a game that was already pretty homogenous, nerfed down a lot of characters options, and made it even more homogenous.

Then they released Kid Goku...

• Options
    Probably the best thing they could do is fix the whole snapback-fuzzy-setup situation that immediately makes all tall characters low tier.

• Options
    Oh hey, I was just watching Unist at Frosty Faustings and thought "I feel like I haven't seen anything new from Strive in a while"

Lo and behold

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    anyone have any tips on making SFV actually work on PC?

every single match I have online, bar none, has serious stuttery lag. it looks like packets being dropped -- characters sort of juddering forward and skipping frames.

i've done the usual static IP and opening ports stuff, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. i have a new middle-upper level PC, so it's not the hardware that's the issue. i don't have this problem at all on PS4.

anyone run into this issue?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-NeCgZrl-g&feature=youtu.be

Good news everyone, Faust vores people in strive!

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    He vores them and gives them afros

makes sense

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    giving them afros is just tradition at this point

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    faust seems like he's having a bad day

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Powerful Clayfighter energy from this Faust

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Two(?) Trailers the day before my birthday.

Come on Aria.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    swxzuo1wyuub.jpg

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020

every single match I have online, bar none, has serious stuttery lag. it looks like packets being dropped -- characters sort of juddering forward and skipping frames.

i've done the usual static IP and opening ports stuff, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. i have a new middle-upper level PC, so it's not the hardware that's the issue. i don't have this problem at all on PS4.

Are you using the new fancy lag patch?

ChaosHat on
  • Options

just sounds like typical low ranked CFN to me.. and its worse on PC because there's more variables against PC opponents

there's a lot of CFN folklore that if you're on PS4 you should only match against PS4 (for good reason), so when you're on PC you're only getting matched low ranked PC CFN players on their lenovo laptops and 4g hotspots

just use your blacklist vigorously and get through it. the higher rank you get, the better it gets.

• Options

holy FUCK they're putting GOKU in dbfz

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    I hope he's free

I also hope season 3 shakes stuff up a bit because I like that game a lot but feel no urge to play it more at all

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I feel like the myriad transformations Dragon Ball characters have shouldn't be treated as separate character choices, but as something like Street Fighter Alpha's -isms, or as different optional upgrades in a character cuztomization system like the Budokai games for PS2.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Also...2M is a really good movie so I see why they all have it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imo it's less character transformations being full characters that's a problem so much as them all being goku that's a problem

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    but now you can have a team of

Goku base
    Goku ssj
    Goku blue

vs

Goku rose
    Goku GT
    Goku ultra instinct

Brolo on
  • Options
    XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    The problem of dbz distilled into a fighting game roster

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    ultra instinct was not a surprise and made sense given it being recent and popular I just could have done without a lot less of the other ones

UI is probably one I WOULD have picked for the roster

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    i dont know if DBFZ Season 3 can or should "fix" anything

if season 3 was just "we didn't do any balance but we put high quality rollback and a non-stupid online ranked system" then I would not only be happy but would pay for the update

• Options

Well that's really cool

Also hopefully a sign of things to come for KoFXV

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Finished my SFV Evo Japan run at 3-2, much better than I was expecting after the last two days worth of arcade warmups being my first time playing the game since June.

Now, if only I hadn’t jogged a 5k last night, all this standing around might have been more comfortable.

• Options
    6 Leroys in top 8!

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    can't believe how many players are getting carried by Leroy instead of learning the game

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    chikurin (LEROY) VS みきお (LEROY)
    Book (LEROY) VS Gen (LEROY)
    Noroma (LEROY) VS Masa (LEROY)
    Mikio (JULIA) VS Ulsan (KAZUMI)

The only good thing about this is that I won 5 bucks off my friend cause he took the under on 3.5 Leroys in the top 8.

In retrospect I should have set that line way higher, jesus christ what a character.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
This discussion has been closed.