As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Times are desperate and I am playing ranked

I never really played T7 ranked, so I am starting at the bottom and I kinda feel bad for these poor guys

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    While I do think he gets piled on a lot, Murray really does not know how to Twitter well.

This also isn't the first time he's said dumb shit. I remember when rollback netcode was a conversation and he kept saying it doesn't work for every game for reasons he never clarified.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i think that is PR speak for "it would cost a lot of money to refactor our codebase to work with rollback and we don't see it as being a worthwhile investment at this time"
    i don't think there's anything about T7 that would pose a problem for rollback necessarily but it depends on how it is actually implemented if it would be relatively simple to do or if they would need to refactor stuff

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I know and I get that. Tekken 7 is in its 3rd year even longer if you count the arcade. So it isn't cost effective to do something like that rn.

It's just please have some respect for my intelligence and don't bullshit me.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Somebody please make a 3D fighter with good netcode, I'm asking very politely here.

• Options
    I'm just hoping Namco get the memo with the next Tekken/SC.

I don't even play Calibur as much cause the matchmaking and netcode are ass.

• Options
    i think the best hope would be a MKX situation where they are going to put rollback netcode in the next game and the next game is going to be built on this games engine so why not do it now

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Anyone having trouble playing DBFZ online? I haven't been able to join an online lobby in like a week. I get "Failed to Initialize Network" immediately, every time. Playing offline works fine.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3doyn9tnm4Y

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    DJ trailer was released early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYwfXT0vUI

Comparing their intros and outros, it's obvious who Lyria prefers.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I like how Soriz No-sells DJ's attack.

Also Soriz' ability can absorb three or more hits.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

ahaha you're right the animation and input both feel like references to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3-v6Aq7gI

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speaking of, Haohmaru also has a Deadly Rave. Turns out when you toss a bunch of Samsho mechanics into SC it makes for a pretty wacky character. Concerns about him being too similar to Mitsurugi have been cleared, to say the least.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    capcom has this hot new game just released

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    The music on that is way more intense than it needs to be, but it really takes me back to old-school Capcom.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    There's also a classic "CONGRATURATIONS!" screen when you clear all 40.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Rivals of Aether will be doing a Definitive Edition this summer. Steam owners upgrade for free. If you own the DLC characters you also get a skin that won’t be available after DE launches.

They’re also adding a Tetherball mode: Rivals of Tether:
    And showed off upcoming stuff, like a mobile card game, some kind of RPG looking thing, and in 2023 a 3D modeled Rivals game.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Ok if anyone is able to help me....

I am finally gonna pull the trigger on Cross Tag battle. I loved Persona Arena and am buying it mainly to play as those characters.

The base game on PS4 is $4.80

The "cross tag add. character pack 1-7" is $12.40

The "Cross Tag Battle Special Edition" is $33.50

The "cross tag ver 2.0 expansion" is $21.25

And each individual character DLC pack is $3.50, and DLC pack 7 is $8.

...so all that said, to play as all my favorite arena characters I don't see a better deal than base game and the pack bundle.

Why is the special edition more than the base+character bundle?

Persona wise, all the 2.0 expansion does is add Elizabeth and Adachi, right?

This is incredibly confusing.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    The Special Edition includes the 2.0 Expansion and is essentially the "get everything at once" bundle.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I don't mind DLC, or having lots of different packages of said DLC to choose from, but I gotta say some games make it really difficult to quickly parse what the heck the different options are.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    yes, 2.0 only includes Elizabeth and Adachi from the Persona roster.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Aww, Neco Drop was only a one-day event. They took the page down.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Aww, Neco Drop was only a one-day event. They took the page down.

Darn, I wish I'd known that ahead of time. Think they'll do a mobile release? I get it was an April Fools thing, but it was actually fun.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    "You are so small! Aren't you scared?"

I f'narted a hugo
    ichjl5aqmxsd.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2020

First I heard that the PC version is getting the new characters a week later. I guess I'll suffer the PS4 load times for a week.

Edit:

I was thinking this was part of Sony's "Play new content first on Playstation" they have been throwing around.

Hopefully this can be avoided in the future and not all new content will be delayed for PC.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder if that hell sweep buff is gonna stay.

It seems that casuals and pros alike hate it.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    A handful of pros squawked without thinking, and their fanbases took up the call without knowing shit about shit.

Kazuya has been able to do iWS2 from a wavedash against step happy opponents since day 1. All of these whiners yelling that you can't SSL wavedash mixups anymore are weenus whiners. SSL was never a safe defense against a wavedashing mishima. And while hellsweep is decent damage + great oki, WS2 just fucking kills you dead.

The electric buff is a little eye raising, but you know what? Mishimas as an archetype have been tippy toppy tier in nearly any tekken game you care to mention. We can have 6 months of powerful Mishimas. It'll be fine.

Knob on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    So with Cross Tag Battle - is the online divided between the base game and the 2.0 expansion?

I decided I didn’t need the 2.0 Characters so I bought the base game and finally took it online. The lobbies are empty.

Is that because I don’t have the 2.0, or is it just a dying game online?

I’m pissed because now I think if I want to play online I’m screwed Into buying it more expensively than if I just got the special edition off the bat...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    It's an anime team fighter. Online is dead after day 4

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    It shouldn't be divided, it was probably just empty. Arc Revo Tour getting cancelled really hurt what it had left.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's not divided. But the PS4 version was the only one that always had lobbies in the evening.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Granblue's Main Character and Punchman are out.

They're fun.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    It's an anime team fighter. Online is dead after day 4

I think GGS will be a good test for how much of the anime online drop-off is anime fighter and how much was it people not trying to block those fucked up ass mixups in lag.

• Options
    it seems very unlikely to me that rollback netcode would meaningfully change your online experience in most anime fighters, given that they don't have the player base to support ranked play for very long so you are always joining regional player lobbies anyway

• Options
    I don't know about that.

When rollback is implemented properly it should also improve matchmaking because it increases the tolerances of what a "good" connection is.

So yeah, you'll probably still be playing the same guy from Mexico but at least it'll be faster and workable hopefully.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Maybe? I burn out on Ranked pretty quick but I know myself and several others still play games that came out years ago in private lobbies. Even games with "active" Ranked scenes. I haven't played Street Fighter V Ranked in years, but I popped back on and played some folks in the Discord when Seth came out.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ladiva is fun and GBVS is good, actually

• Options
    edited April 2020
    ok i played ranked and GBVS sucks, actually and I want to puke
    (it was a lot of fun but oh my god some of the matchups seem impossible, possibly online, possibly ever)

P10 on
This discussion has been closed.