As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadow's going to need a gun. Lots of guns, in Sonic 3 [Sonic thread]

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The gun shoots devil Chao babies

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The 90s were weird for children's animation

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    The 90s were weird

Ftfy. We had wild times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Eh.
    That's just one of those 'Sonic Says' clips where Sonic says that smoking is not cool.

• Options
    So Sonic Origins got a patch that fixed a lot of things

https://asia.sega.com/SonicOrigins/en/
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Added a function to Sound Test.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug where Tails would not return from outside the screen and a sound effect would continually play.
    ・Fixed a bug that was causing some songs from the Classic Music Pack to have incorrect titles displayed in the Museum.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug that caused the sound effect for collecting Rings to be interrupted when collecting them in quick succession.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Adjusted Competition Mode on the Nintendo Switch™ so that it can be played without registering two Joy-Cons™ / Pro controllers. *Made registration for two Joy-Cons™ / Pro controllers in Time Attack unnecessary, and made it possible to cancel controller registration in other modes.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where leaving many Item Boxes in front of the sub-boss of Hydrocity Zone Act 1 would cause the game to crash when defeating the sub-boss and moving on to the next Act.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug that was causing players to get stuck when playing a Special Stage from the level select menu after playing Time Attack Mode.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog: Fixed a bug where retrying a stage in Classic Mode from My Data and getting a Game Over would make players get stuck at the Title Screen.
    ・Fixed a bug in the "Fireball Dash" mission where it was possible to move outside of the mission area, and clearing the mission would result in the player becoming stuck.
    ・Fixed a bug in the "Slippery Swim" mission that was causing invisible blocks to appear in areas they aren't supposed to appear in.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Competition mode that caused players to go back a lap when they took damage or fell out of the stage.
    ・Fixed a bug in the "Animal Rescue" mission where players would stand on top of clouds instead of bouncing or falling off them.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Angel Island Zone Act 1 that teleported players when the island is set on fire.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Carnival Night Zone Act 2 where the boss would leave the area if hit by a mid-air attack while entering.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug that caused a sound effect to continually play when the player transitioned stages after defeating the boss of Death Egg Zone Act 1.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Flying Battery Zone Act 1 that caused a sound effect to continually play if a player transitioned stages when close to a magnetic object.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug that caused Tails' flight sound effect to continually play after moving to the next stage if you were flying with Tails during the transition.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug in 2 Player VS mode where the time would never expire if it reached 0 during a player mistake.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Competition Mirror Mode that was causing the courses to not be mirrored.
    ・Fixed a bug in the "Bounce House" mission where characters would become inoperable if they collided with a Bounce Pad from the bottom when time expired.
    ・Fixed a bug in the "Extreme! Super Sonic Finish" mission where falling off the platform shortly after reaching the goal would cause the camera to lock and prevent the player from progressing.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug that caused Sonic and Tails to get stuck on a burning rope in the middle of Angel Island Zone Act 2, which made it impossible to progress.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: When starting in Classic Mode with a save file where the game has been cleared, entering and exiting a Special Stage without touching a checkpoint would cause the game time to incorrectly start at 9:59.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: When starting the game as Sonic with a cleared-game save data file, performing certain actions in Angel Island Zone Act 1 would cause the player to be incorrectly moved to Knuckles' boss area route.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Classic Mode where performing certain actions in the boss fight of Lava Reef Zone Act 2 would make the camera shift, and the character would fall out of the stage.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Angel Island Zone Act 1 where performing certain actions after the stage is set on fire caused the player to lose a life.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Lava Reef Zone Act 2 that allowed players to avoid the falling boulder that moves them to the boss stage.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Story Mode: Fixed a bug where the transition time from Mystic Cave Zone Act 2 to Hidden Palace 2 would be added to the player's Best Time.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in the boss battle of Hydrocity Zone Act 2 that caused an invisible ceiling to appear, which prevented players from jumping higher.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where immediately opening the pause menu when entering the first Special Ring in Mushroom Hill Zone Act 1 and selecting "Restart" would cause players to start the stage from an unnatural position.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Starting the game in Classic Mode using saved data with a recorded Time Over in Angel Island Zone Act 1, and then getting a Game Over would cause players to immediately lose a life upon reaching the sub-boss.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug that was causing crashes due to incorrect object calculations.
    ・Fixed a bug in the "Aerial Attack" mission where players would get stuck on blocks and be unable to move.
    ・Fixed a typo in the credits.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where opening the pause menu just before entering a Special Stage and then selecting "Restart" would move the player to a different Act.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where coins would be increased in debug mode.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where the BGM in Special Stages would slow down after collecting 50 Rings.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: When starting the game in Classic Mode on a save file with a recorded Time Over, the Time would not reset from 9:59 upon clearing a stage.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Classic Mode of Death Egg Zone Act 2 where opening the pause menu and selecting "Restart" after transitioning to the boss stage would cause the player restart the boss fight with 0:10 Time.
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Mushroom Hill Zone Act 2 that caused textures of objects to not display correctly.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    So Sonic Origins got a patch that fixed a lot of things

https://asia.sega.com/SonicOrigins/en/
    ・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where opening the pause menu just before entering a Special Stage and then selecting "Restart" would move the player to a different Act.
    Oh, so that wail of anguish I heard was from the sonic speedrunners, gotcha.
    Seriously, that was a fantastic bug that they should have kept in there. Just skip most of S&K.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    New Sonic Frontiers trailer hits today. Will we finally figure out just what the hell this game is trying to be? Will we suddenly discover we get to play as 47 of Sonic's friends? Stay tuned.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

SEARCH YOUR HEART YOU KNOW THE TRUTH!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/kCaAos6FeV0

"Oi don't push that button"
    "Lol I'm gonna"

So that villain is gonna turn out to be the actual hero and Sonic is donkin' things up because she's bad at explaining stuff, right?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    "Oi don't push that button"
    "Lol I'm gonna"
    ztso7bfa6ia9.gif

• Options
    ...well, that trailer didn't shed any new light onto whether this will be good or not, but it did up the Breath of the Wild factor by at least 1.6.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    An early cutscene from Sonic Frontiers with voice acting. Roger's voice as Sonic seems to be deeper than normal, guess to show it's a more serious game than usual.

Doesn't seem to be any spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO6PpQ9xF64

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    The fact this game is just over two months from launch and we’re still getting most of the coverage from cell phone footage secreted out from sega’s convention demos makes me just so confident we got a winner on our hands.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    This makes me a little more confident, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90bQK4gxUx0

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Sonic Prime - Teaser Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJPSNYVSehU

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    I forgot that Knuckles got a new voice actor for the games, though I didn't put much time into Team Sonic Racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m4_l8T1lKQ

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
  • Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    A nice making of video by Strafefox:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AOVtOUatY

This is actually a remake/update of an earlier video he did.

I say this only to point out that after viewing it, if anyone wants more, there are similar videos on his channel for Sonic 2, 3 & Knuckles, CD, and a ton more.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    If you sign up for the newsletter on the official Sonic Frontiers website, you can get a code to download Sonic's Soap shoes from Sonic Adventure 2, for that classic 90's rail grinding action.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Downloading shoes, is that like downloading a car?

(it's actually free DLC for Frontiers)

• Options

#MonsterHunter is dashing into #SonicFrontiers! 💨

Following launch on Nov. 8, download the free Collaboration Pack on Nov. 14 to get some stylish in-game Monster Hunter equipment and play a fun mini-game!

Enjoy this artwork cooked up by the Monster Hunter series dev team!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It is impossible, of course, for Sonic to wait long enough for well-done steak.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    It is impossible, of course, for Sonic to wait long enough for well-done steak.

What if he cranks it reeeeal fast?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Giggity.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ...well, I guess the answer to "so what the hell is this game" is "it has Monster Hunter in it."

• Options
    Isn't that always the answer to that question, no matter the game?

• Options
  • Options
    Leave it to Hesse? to make Adventure Eggman memes and actual plot point.

• Options
    I believe that was Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley.

• Options
    IGN's got a preview up. Apparently the gameplay loop is collect portal keys to open up cyberspace levels, beat cyberspace levels to get vault keys, use vault keys to get chaos emeralds. Also each island has a Sonic buddy who is trapped and can only get freed with a shitton of memory tokens. So, open world and with focused levels, though the levels are very very short. And it's a collectathon.

The IGN person was pretty lukewarm about the thing.

• Options
    Somecallmejohnny said he was getting bored of the combat in his preview time, which is something you need to do to get the unlock macguffins. That's pretty much all I need to hear to know that this game is a 6 or 7 at best. Even if other elements are cool, this is like at least a miniature werehog type thing in that it will drag the rest of the experience down.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Maybe i'm just easy to please but all of the new gameplay trailers and information has just made me more excited to play.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Seems like this is the closest place to a Sega thread we have so
    https://kotaku.com/sega-rpg-reiko-kodama-died-skies-arcadia-phantasy-star-1849708311

• Options
    Going to feel weird not hearing Mike Pollock as Eggman. The Sonic Prime series is obviously going for completely different voice actors.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    Kinda baffled why they recast everyone, only to have them all sound exactly like their predecessors. Saving money? A union thing?