As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DnD at Pax West 2019

TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
Just passing on some info from the Seattle Area DnD Groups. Yes, they will have DnD at Pax West, it will be special themed Acquications Incorporated Adventures. These will not be adventures league games, again, NOT adventures league. That is all I know! but yes, you play some DnD at pax....

• every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    OK, I was beginning to get worried since WotC is skipping PAX again (which is unfortunate - aren't they local to Seattle/Renton? Will they ever return to PAX? It looks like there aren't many tabletop exhibitors again this year - I wonder if Unplugged hasn't sucked a lot of the air out of tabletop at West... I still check out @PAX_DnD periodically on Twitter, hoping it will return someday...)

Acquisitions Inc. themed (I assume Acquications Inc. their resort business subsidiary?) adventures sounds great - they were a huge hit at PAX West 2016!! (Then there was no organized D&D in 2017 :( followed by a smaller incarnation of Adventurer's League in 2018.)

But why no Adventurer's League games? Those are nice to have also. Though maybe making all the games Acq. Inc. is better considering expected (very high) demand.

And would anyone like to make a list of the D&D/tabletop RPG-related panels and exhibitors this year? I miss Reaper Miniatures and their paint-your-own-mini room - that was a lot of fun, but hopefully some other good things will appear.

every day's great on
  • LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    @every day's great I will put together my annual list of Everything Tabletop at West post shortly, including RPG panels and exhibitors. My day job just has me a bit behind schedule.

But also, I will be running the Alexandria RPG Library, where we will be bringing a thousand+ RPG books and items for everyone to peruse, browse, use and enjoy, and ALSO! We will have 12 tables all weekend for Gamemasters to run RPG games. We will be in the Hyatt Regency, Level 3, Room 301 (next door to the D&D Acquisitions Inc. rooms)

I am putting finishing touches on a GM online signup sheet, and will post it to a new thread ASAP. If you want to run games aside from D&D Acquisitions Inc., (including if you want to run any D&D Adventurer's League games as one-off games) this will be your best method for setting up organized play sessions.

00xihscjtaa1.png
    Pic of our setup at PAX Unplugged

Lackey on
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    So...what if you have never played DnD before? Will there be any games for beginners, or any one willing to show me how to play?

• SlowOctopusSlowOctopus Registered User regular
    So...what if you have never played DnD before? Will there be any games for beginners, or any one willing to show me how to play?

I'm definitely interested in this too. I would love to play with other beginners and have someone show us the ropes.

lo9ta7am5xk0.png
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular

How...have...you....I mean, I know there are a lot of beginners but specifically how have YOU not played D&D before.

I want to play with @ClannMorgan in her first game.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    how have YOU not played D&D before.

Because I was a lonely dork when I was young, and D&D was an unknown in my neck of the woods, and then compound that with me being completely socially awkward and afraid to ask or admit that I've never played before...but clearly I'm drunk today so I've asked. Let's play!!!

• LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ok, I've got our Game Host signup sheet open!

Do you want to run a D&D game using your own homebrew world, using Critical Role's Tal'Dorei setting? Using Dark Sun, Spelljammer? Greyhawk?! Want to offer up an Adventurer's League module? Are you willing to offer newbie-friendly game sessions for your fellow attendees?

THE ALEXANDRIA RPG LIBRARY WANTS YOU!

If you want to run non-D&D games -- Shadowrun? Pathfinder? Indie RPGs or Story Games? Palladium RIFTS?

THE ALEXANDRIA RPG LIBRARY WANTS YOU!

We will have 12 tables we can use to reserve table space and time slots for your games, give you a confirmed location to play, either with your own group of friends, or in an open game for other PAX attendees, in the Hyatt Regency Hotel - Level 3, Room 301 (next door to the D&D Acquisitions Inc area)

Fill out our simple form, to let us know about the game you'd like to run, times, number of players:
    https://forms.gle/xA1AC97ivCq2CaMbA

Lackey on
  • TashannocTashannoc Registered User regular
    Does anyone know who to contact about volunteering to DM the AI adventures? I've been trying to hunt it down.

Also, D&D at PAX has traditionally been VERY beginner friendly. I doubt this year will be any different.

• WoofnstienWoofnstien Registered User new member
    Ok what about for lone players? My first Pax since the very first Acq Inc live show. Been stuck in Tokyo working in game dev. Hoping for a 5e game. I can bring requested munchies from Tokyo

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Woofnstien wrote: »
    Ok what about for lone players? My first Pax since the very first Acq Inc live show. Been stuck in Tokyo working in game dev. Hoping for a 5e game. I can bring requested munchies from Tokyo

Definitely can happen. Looks like there will be Adventurer's League drop in games as well. I'm certain you can grab a spot.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    AL drop in games? That sounds great!! :D

And @Lackey your Alexandria RPG Library is a treasure trove of ageless wisdom and magic. 8-)

(Now I kind of wish I were staying in the Hyatt Regency - if I had only known that it would be the secret new location of tabletop!!)

every day's great on
  • AlphastreamAlphastream Registered User regular
    Timoon wrote: »
    Just passing on some info from the Seattle Area DnD Groups. Yes, they will have DnD at Pax West, it will be special themed Acquications Incorporated Adventures. These will not be adventures league games, again, NOT adventures league. That is all I know! but yes, you play some DnD at pax....

Where do we find information on these? Location of games, schedule, character creation rules, do we use positions, etc?

• TashannocTashannoc Registered User regular
    Timoon wrote: »

Where do we find information on these? Location of games, schedule, character creation rules, do we use positions, etc?

These will be in the Hyatt Regency on (I think) the 3rd floor. I don't know anything else, I've been trying to contact the woman organizing it.

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    That's great! I've just submitted a 1 shot game of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition for Sunday evening that I ran at Dragonmeet last year.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png