Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

2456735

Posts

  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    First PPV after Dean leaves and they immediately use his gimmick match. Amazing.

    who hit who with mitch the plant

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    Crippl3Dyvim Tvar
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    Reynolds wrote: »
    First PPV after Dean leaves and they immediately use his gimmick match. Amazing.

    Yeah if you don't count Takeover 25, SuperShowdown, Stomping Grounds, or Extreme Rules as shows and are trying to make a weird correlation just because.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    BlankzillaJayrichoLegacySproutBloodsheedMagellJohnny ChopsockyCarbonRodDyvim Tvar
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    I actually didn't know there was another Takeover in between there, I just meant NXT shows really.

    More a comment on how they never used the Asylum thing again, but it pops up suddenly once he's gone.

    OGueI9Q.gif
    Sweeney Tom
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Catching up in the G1 and Jeff Cobb's elevated F5 on Naito is terrifyingly impressive. It's the sort of move The Hulk would do to somebody.

    WrIiiPW.png
    Lasbrook
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    This G1 has been super great.

    PwnanObrienMolotovCockatooDyvim Tvar
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    Stardom announced who is in their Fire Pro DLC
    • Andras Miyagi (OT)
    • Arisa Hoshiki (STARS)
    • Hana Kimura (TCS)
    • Hazuki (OT)
    • Jungle Kyona (TCS)
    • Kagetsu (OT)
    • Mayu Iwatani (STARS)
    • Momo Watanabe (QQ)
    • Starlight Kid (STARS)
    • Utami Hayashishita (QQ)

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Stardom announced who is in their Fire Pro DLC
    • Andras Miyagi (OT)
    • Arisa Hoshiki (STARS)
    • Hana Kimura (TCS)
    • Hazuki (OT)
    • Jungle Kyona (TCS)
    • Kagetsu (OT)
    • Mayu Iwatani (STARS)
    • Momo Watanabe (QQ)
    • Starlight Kid (STARS)
    • Utami Hayashishita (QQ)

    Fuck happened to Tam?

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Dyvim Tvar
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Stardom announced who is in their Fire Pro DLC
    • Andras Miyagi (OT)
    • Arisa Hoshiki (STARS)
    • Hana Kimura (TCS)
    • Hazuki (OT)
    • Jungle Kyona (TCS)
    • Kagetsu (OT)
    • Mayu Iwatani (STARS)
    • Momo Watanabe (QQ)
    • Starlight Kid (STARS)
    • Utami Hayashishita (QQ)

    Fuck happened to Tam?

    Apparently these are who Fire Pro asked for. The only one that Stardom was going to demand was Starlight Kid if she wasn't in.

  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I could have sworn Tam would be in it and I was hoping for Konami.

    Stardom really loves Starlight Kid though

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Damn this post match comments by Tana and Will are really really good

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    Lasbrook
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    What the fuck was that Ishii v Taichi match?

    also
    holy shit Shooters jacket <3

    bloodyroarxx on
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    As if I couldn't love New Japan more today

    Taichi plushies

    69186501_359897714686753_5348207981884875855_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net

    Andy JoeDyvim Tvar
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe I should get a free month of WWE so I can watch Summerslam tonight.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Yeah, I could have sworn Tam would be in it and I was hoping for Konami.

    Stardom really loves Starlight Kid though

    Yeah. Rossy hasn't realized the greatness of AZM yet.

  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    The four way match for the Mega Championship last night was very good.

    Thought: Fenix is keeping it so when he loses to Kenny it can be renamed the oMega title

  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I was thinking of Kenny yesterday (as one often does), and maybe it's cause I don't watch all AEW videos and social media stuff, but it seems like the spotlight hasn't been on him as much as I thought it would be after NJPW. Dude was probably one of the hottest acts last year, and I completely forgot he has a feud with Moxley now.

    PwnanObrien
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I was thinking of Kenny yesterday (as one often does), and maybe it's cause I don't watch all AEW videos and social media stuff, but it seems like the spotlight hasn't been on him as much as I thought it would be after NJPW. Dude was probably one of the hottest acts last year, and I completely forgot he has a feud with Moxley now.

    It will be interesting to see how long it takes after AEW becomes a weekly show it will take for Omega to get that shine back since him and the Bucks have been doing almost nothing since leaving NJPW.

    PwnanObrien
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    I wonder if In an alternate universe Kenny was a little more forth coming with his plans with NJPW management and worked with them maybe another half year they could of had a working relationship with AEW.

    The Bucks talk like they have some weird axe to grind with them over compensation. Which I don’t get cause they took their dissatisfaction over BC merch royalties and spun it off into The Elite and that just snowballed into AEW.

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • XehalusXehalus lofi Registered User regular
    I am here for everything Io Shirai

    CarbonRod
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I was thinking of Kenny yesterday (as one often does), and maybe it's cause I don't watch all AEW videos and social media stuff, but it seems like the spotlight hasn't been on him as much as I thought it would be after NJPW. Dude was probably one of the hottest acts last year, and I completely forgot he has a feud with Moxley now.

    I assume it's a conscious decision because they want to get hangman page over. I personally don't get what the big deal with page is and would prefer omega, but with so long between appearances it can feel like he's disappearing, and sure is like 36 so it's not the best time to waste time.

    Reynoldsjonny439
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I am happy to see that Candice got to have a fucking banger of a match on a major show.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    chrishallett83SproutLockedOnTargetPwnanObrienWeedLordVegetaJohnny ChopsockyAndy Joe
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Allison Brie's character in GLOW wears a fanny pack while on her time off so she's a very authentic wrestler.

    Jayrichochrishallett83bloodyroarxxXehalusSproutDex DynamoevilbobNiryaPwnanObrienWeedLordVegetaDyvim TvarTransporter
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    Edit: wrong thread.

    Though, were fanny packs a thing in the 80's? They feel very 1992 to me.

    astrobstrd on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Edit: wrong thread.

    Though, were fanny packs a thing in the 80's? They feel very 1992 to me.

    I'm ok with some anachronism if it's in service of getting that authentic wrestler feel.

    MagellDyvim Tvar
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sometimes I wonder if Darby Allin still likes turtles.
    fdv7y5ifndb4.jpeg

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
    PwnanObrienCrippl3XehalusDyvim TvarfacetiousGoose!
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if Darby Allin still likes turtles.
    fdv7y5ifndb4.jpeg

    Of course he does. That's why he does the stage dive. He pictures himself hitting opponents with his shell.

    The GeekDyvim Tvar
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i need a wrestlefriend to finish this season of glow so we can talk about
    them totally making carmen into the undertaker in the finale

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to get caught up on GLOW. Only seen season 1.

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
    ReynoldsDyvim Tvar
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And I'm still waiting for the GLOW/Stranger Things crossover.

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Wait did the third season of Glow drop?

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Wait did the third season of Glow drop?

    On Friday!

  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    i need a wrestlefriend to finish this season of glow so we can talk about
    them totally making carmen into the undertaker in the finale

    I'm trying not to binge it. I watched the first four episodes and its off to a good start.

  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i didn't mean to binge it friday night -- it just kinda happened

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I am here for everything Io Shirai

    Her new theme is a banger

    astrobstrdSproutXehalusBloodsheedAndy JoeChillyWilly
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited August 11
    G1 Night 18:
    That young lion match to open was pretty good, seems Shota is learning from Moxley after all.
    Chase putting a bad paradise lock on Sanada, who proceeds to stand up while Chase has his back turned, then mid-run just falling back like a looney tunes character as he saw Sanada cracked me the fuck up.
    This crowd is hot as hell for Taichi vs. Ishii but it didn’t really do much for me, they were booking Taichi as hella strong here for some reason.

    OMG punk Shota. Juice beating Moxley was the call I wanted, I liked the bit where Moxley had him out cold and so was expecting on the third arm raise for him to hold his hand up strong but all he could do is to hold onto Red Shoes pants for dear life was better.

    Damn, I can’t predict shit. Shingo vs. Goto was a hell of a match. At this point I think i’d rather see Naito vs. Ibushi.

    Well fuck.

    So I’m somehow incredibly bad with time zones am I correct that the final starts at 1am central tonight? I wanna try and watch it live.

    Lasbrook on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    G1 Night 18:
    That young lion match to open was pretty good, seems Shota is learning from Moxley after all.
    Chase putting a bad paradise lock on Sanada, who proceeds to stand up while Chase has his back turned, then mid-run just falling back like a looney tunes character as he saw Sanada cracked me the fuck up.
    This crowd is hot as hell for Taichi vs. Ishii but it didn’t really do much for me, they were booking Taichi as hella strong here for some reason.

    OMG punk Shota. Juice beating Moxley was the call I wanted, I liked the bit where Moxley had him out cold and so was expecting on the third arm raise for him to hold his hand up strong but all he could do is to hold onto Red Shoes pants for dear life was better.

    Damn, I can’t predict shit. Shingo vs. Goto was a hell of a match. At this point I think i’d rather see Naito vs. Ibushi.

    Well fuck.

    So I’m somehow incredibly bad with time zones am I correct that the final starts at 1am central tonight? I wanna try and watch it live.

    2AM Eastern, correct

Sign In or Register to comment.