As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit Liger and MiSu went to the next level
    Kishin Liger emerges!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Kishin Liger emerges!
    Did anyone make it out of the arena alive?

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Kishin Liger emerges!
    Did anyone make it out of the arena alive?
    He almost put a fucking spike though MiSu head but he dodged and it ended up in a table instead

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’m super behind on my NJPW

Super J Cup Final:
    Did Jay White and Gedo really fly to America just to make a like 1 minute appearance?

Also Jesus Christ Dragon Lee don’t consume your opponent’s blood, that’s just super fucking gross.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Nick Gage won the Nick Gage Invitational 4 last night, all while putting the GCW title on the line throughout the tournament. It was a fitting redemption considering he got knocked from Tournament of Survival in the first round by G-Raver and felt the need to remind everyone why he's the King.

Until this fucker showed up in a mask and robbed the damn belt.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    "Come get your fucking belt, convict" is a BADASS LINE, is the thing

• Options
    It's a good thing RSP is getting all those over-borders bookings because when he returns to the country Nick is gonna murder him.

• Options
    ALSO, I fell asleep before the final (because there was a 45 minute intermission followed by two non-tournament matches, also I had been drinking all day and was sleepy), but I really enjoyed the Nick Gage Invitational before that! They did a really good job at making the deathmatches feel different, which can be a challenge with deathmatches (it can be easy for them to start to turn into "okay now you hit ME with a chair, and now we'll do the light tube stuff"), by having people with vastly different wrestling styles fight deathmatches in different ways, even with the same weapons/rules.

Matthew Justice jumping 30 feet off the rafters felt very different from Matt Tremont just withstanding skewers to the head felt different from Yuko Miyamoto trying to out-wrestle people, which gave the whole event a cool, Street Fighter feel.

• Options
    ALSO Yuko Miyamoto has one of the cutest "Oh wow, these people know who I am!" wrestler happy faces.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I totally forgot that this match ever happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5fKapQjCFY

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So level with me, aside from this Liger stuff y’all mentioned should I watch the road to destruction tour? I don’t have the spare time I used to.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So level with me, aside from this Liger stuff y’all mentioned should I watch the road to destruction tour? I don’t have the spare time I used to.

eh you could skip it.

• Options
    marysemizanin

We’ve got the whole world in our hands!!! Welcome, Madison Jade Mizanin
    Born 09/20/2019 8:02am
    7lbs 15ounces ❤️

A-LIST BABY #2

• Options
    Tonight's viewing: CZW New Heights 2015 (available for streaming on Independentwrestling.tv if you'd like to watch along with us)

We're in the first segment and DJ Hyde just booked himself to beat down Milk Chocolate, who are apparently doing some kind of boy band gimmick

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I’m super behind on my NJPW

Super J Cup Final:
    Did Jay White and Gedo really fly to America just to make a like 1 minute appearance?

Also Jesus Christ Dragon Lee don’t consume your opponent’s blood, that’s just super fucking gross.
    I think Kevin Kelly mentioned they had non-tournament matches that didn't get put up on New Japan World.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Tonight's viewing: CZW New Heights 2015 (available for streaming on Independentwrestling.tv if you'd like to watch along with us)

We're in the first segment and DJ Hyde just booked himself to beat down Milk Chocolate, who are apparently doing some kind of boy band gimmick

I'm not surprised theres a wrestler doing a Joker gimmick on this show

But a Bane gimmick is much more surprising

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I'm even further behind on New Japan stuff but this Amazing Red Vs Ospreay match is everything I expected it to be.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Watch the main from Bepu. ZSJ vs Tanahashi was another good match from both lads, and the post match promo stuff is v.good.
    Everything else is skippable.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Goto vs Shingo and Naito vs White are great matches worth watching

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    So, Nyla Rose making a molestation joke in response to a troll. Not cool.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Oh I really fucking hate how good this Megaran instrumental sampling Solstice for the NES is because it's attached to TJP.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that Nyla Rose tweet is not good

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So is Kylie Rae not in AEW anymore?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    So is Kylie Rae not in AEW anymore?

She was out a few months ago for speculative reasons I won't go into, but it doesn't seem to be acrimonious.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    That suuuuucks. She's easily my favorite female wrestler.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Yeah that Nyla Rose tweet sucks, hope she gives a good apology

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/k-e2cb-abCM

I think Kenny Omega's calling out @Blankzilla

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I can't watch the video but I will fight Kenny Omega

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    the Private Party bit was great lol

• Options
    So I guess we’re getting new stages for Raw and SmackDown apparently

And they might be bring back pyro.

• Options
    So I guess we’re getting new stages for Raw and SmackDown apparently

And they might be bring back pyro.

Hopefully they're different and not just new because Smackdown and RAW are the same thing but with different video files loaded in.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Looking at game releases and I realized that WWE 2K20 is out next month.

I long ago stopped having hope for that series, but it's wild that I seen almost nothing of actual gameplay.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Looking at game releases and I realized that WWE 2K20 is out next month.

I long ago stopped having hope for that series, but it's wild that I seen almost nothing of actual gameplay.

They just show off the characters you can get either by pre-ordering or by paying extra. The gameplay is incidental to the novelty shit. There was something like 8 Charlottes, complete with exactly the same hair and body type but different coloured outfits.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    THERE ARE TEN CHARLOTTES YOU UNCULTURED GOOSE!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Apparently Rollins/Fiend is in the Cell, so throw all that house show booking out the window. Maybe. Who knows with this company.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that kick is the best receipt I've ever seen

sorry, Canada

This discussion has been closed.